Finding some issues with dungeons now that I hit 60

Some background first. I have been a tank since wrath start. Even tanked during the of the negative aggro debuff. Fun times. Anyway, I just got done in a utgarde keep, and I am left sitting here like wtf. The dungeon seemed harder then on launch day or even its heroic counter parts after hitting 80 for the first time. The second to last boss actually managed to kill someone for once. I never saw that. The final boss almost killed me, With cd's poped!

I come here to see how others are finding these dungeons. To me, they seem to be harder then launch day even. The mechanics seem highly over tuned. Has anyone else experienced this since hitting 60 and trying wrath or bc dungeons? I am all for having a challenge and fun. However, what I am not for is dungeons being Harder then even when I experienced them the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    they buffed the dungeon XP and forgot to mention that they removed the "luck of the draw" buff when you queue for random dungeons.

result is that dungeons now take ages and all the XP is at the end of the dungeon.

a challange is still to be found because there is still only one thing killing you and thats overpulling...

so the fastes way to level is still boosting with a max level char. which is fine for blizzard because it involves gold and since gold = money they are fine with it.

im lucky that i can level with the old RAF bonus and its still slow... hardly gaining a level per dungeon. and thats with 300% xp... but yeah... blizzard didnt nerf XP gains and leveling is faster then ever right? ;D

Part of the issue is that some boss abilities aren't scaling down properly to your level like they should be. I noticed that in Violet Hold if you get the water elemental boss, when he splits into the adds that are scattered all over the room, their levels aren't scaling down to the party's level at all, meaning you can't even hit them 90% of the time if you aren't near their set level of 76. You have to rely on the defense crystals. And I'm sure that's not the only boss having such issues, it's just the one that I personally have encountered since leveling a new character with the scaling revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also note that a few of the elites for questing were having similar issues. Like the harpy elite in Storm Peaks doing 90% of your hp with a single attack if you aren't close to her originally intended level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    Part of the issue is that some boss abilities aren't scaling down properly to your level like they should be. I noticed that in Violet Hold if you get the water elemental boss, when he splits into the adds that are scattered all over the room, their levels aren't scaling down to the party's level at all, meaning you can't even hit them 90% of the time if you aren't near their set level of 76. You have to rely on the defense crystals. And I'm sure that's not the only boss having such issues, it's just the one that I personally have encountered since leveling a new character with the scaling revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also note that a few of the elites for questing were having similar issues. Like the harpy elite in Storm Peaks doing 90% of your hp with a single attack if you aren't close to her originally intended level.
    I noticed this with some quest mobs too. I've taken to reporting them with the in game tools any time I encounter them. Though, I am not hopeful that it'll help. My only question is if they are going to adjust anything right now, or if they will wait until the squish since they always have to adjust things after that anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Cata normal dungeons are even harder than they were on release. Trash in Throne of the tides is harder to heal than a +20. Tried all of them while leveling and the only one that didn't stress me out completely as a healer was HoO, seemed tuned all right.

There are a lot of mechanics that will one-shot you if not dealt with properly, especially boss mechanics. :-)
    I leveled a holy priest and now a prot pala (currently 90) and I get now why I had to sometimes push flash heals like crazy into the tanks. But it's not only the overscaling but a lot of people just don't giving a shit about knowing how to play their class/role properly since "it's just leveling". I hope, people will soon realize that tanking/healing got harder if people just slack around in dungeons like they were used to pre-7.3.5. (fun example is people staying in shit like Throne of Tides the green stuff on the floor during trash and die in 3-4 hits. They just do it over and over and over..)
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2018-03-05 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    There are a lot of mechanics that will one-shot you if not dealt with properly, especially boss mechanics. :-)
    I leveled a holy priest and now a prot pala (currently 90) and I get now why I had to sometimes push flash heals like crazy into the tanks. But it's not only the overscaling but a lot of people just don't giving a shit about knowing how to play their class/role properly since "it's just leveling". I hope, people will soon realize that tanking/healing got harder if people just slack around in dungeons like they were used to pre-7.3.5. (fun example is people staying in shit like Throne of Tides the green stuff on the floor during trash and die in 3-4 hits. They just do it over and over and over..)
    Leveling my drood in dungeons mostly as resto and I second that. Only last night some dude leveling his BrM kept overpulling while the dps peeps were quite good. Several times the tank ended up dead, while I kept the hunter up when he kited packs of mobs that we 2manned in the end (yeah, he kept using traps while leveling - imagine that!). After another death - this time only the spriest died because he bodypulled a second pack the tank picked up way too late - the tank asks me "first time healing?". Yeah ... first time in many months healing people who are that bad. At least I don't need to deal with them more often.

Deleted
    People ask for harder leveling content, now they don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    yes 100% of the playerbase was united in this answer for harder leveling, not 1 single person disagreed /s

15+ Year Old Account
    leveled from 40 to 110 on my Nightborne with instances, actually the instances are hard for first ~10-15 runs, but you will get used to it. you just need to understand you cant faceroll pull everything like you used to be, but the experience reward is tooo damn high, so it worth it.
    But, well, in total leveling with instances took ~50 hours :| so no idea if leveling thru quests any better.

And yeah, people who do instances just dont give a shat about damage mitigation, some people doesnt know how their healing stuff work etc etc. Atleast every second instance I had some difficulties, but understood, people just dont want to press all buttons
    Last edited by salate; 2018-03-06 at 07:32 PM.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    It's not about harder content, the difficulty scaling is all over the place.. I just finished a Skyreach run with my Prot Pala (lv 97 at the time) with 4 people and no healer, he left before the first boss. My PALADIN selfheal was sufficient for the dungeon.. So the scaling is everything between almost impossible, pretty hard and stupidly easy..

The only dungeon i had problems with was Drak´theron keep. The lich boss was way overtuned.Was oom from the massive aoe dmg before he even was attackable.

Oh boy you think the dungeons at 60 are hard? just wait until you get to cata dungeons..

I swear the Cata dungeons right now are HARDER on normal than they were on heroic during actual Cata launch