Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

You have no problem with overweight pandas but overweight humans is an issue?

What's all this hypocrisy running around lately?

Looks like someone thinks the wow playerbase doesn't still screech daily about Pandaren.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling it's not the "fat" part people are raging about. It's the "humans" part.

Because we're trained to see everything that's human as just a human. So the idea of "fat" humans or "skinny" humans or any other adjective humans being treated as a new race seems.... wrong.

Whereas Orcs are a fantasy species, we're more willing to accept the idea that "brown" orcs are a new race.

That or it's just the High Elf fans being angry again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

maybe blizzard should paint them blue

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I get the feeling it's not the "fat" part people are raging about. It's the "humans" part.
    It's this. It's just this. Fantasy fans I think are getting tired of anything realistic showing up in their games, or maybe they see WOW as a last bastion of fantasy without human involvement (unlike GoT for example). They see humans as realism, they see FAT humans as "SJW" realism, so they have a conniption.

Deleted
    God these AR strawgrasp threads are getting tiresome,

Show me at least 3 posts of people stating they don't like Kul Tirans but do like Pandaren.

That's right, there are none, because you're just assuming and have 0 evidence to even back up your delusional claims.

Mods plz...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care. I only want my upstanding orcs...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same braindead chuckleheads out there shrieking about both. My best guess is it threatens their masculinity somehow; nobody's holding a gun to their heads demanding they play this race and we've seen that not all Kul'Tirans are using the fat model, or the thin model, or the stock human model, or the obese dungeon boss model. They're a varied lot.

But Kul Tiras is known for constantly whining about 'muh pandaz tho,' because they're like many other people on this forum: Haitian trolls are okay, Native American minotaurs are okay, Jersey Shore goblins are okay, Victorian/Cockney werewolves are okay, Romani spacegoats are okay, and Scottish viking midgets are okay, but Heaven above, Asian panda men are a sin against everything that made Warhammer Warcraft great!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

pretty sure plenty of people have problems with overweight pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    What's all this hypocrisy running around lately?
    The problem is that the horde's allied races so far ( and orcs that are on their way) look cool and are things that are asked for.
    While the alliance is getting things thought up by interns. And have little to no work on them. So far it looks like they are putting a shit ton of time and money making the horde races look ( think the amount of work gone into new forms, new races) .cool while the alliance gets 1 cool race ( dwarfs) and this:

Dreanei: with permanent gift of naruu mark + tattoo's stolen from demon hunters.
    Emo elves: Blood elfs with blue skin and a magic effect stolen from mages...

But next to that. Kul tirans are supposed to be a epic race of naval people. And they look fucked up like this. Like they have years of inbreeding and either to much or little food. We where expecting cool looking humans like jaina. Not this.

So in short: Horde is getting cool stuff. And they are giving alliance players the middle finger with bad allied races, with little to no work put into them.

Not quite sure, what this is about, but I would like to join one side and be OUTRAGED!
    #fatshaming #kongfupandalol #alliancegotscrewedagain
    Last edited by owbu; 2018-03-03 at 09:25 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I don't have an issue with either, but one's a human and the other is an anthropomorphic panda.

That said, people complained (and some still do) about the pandaren models all the time. My guess is that it's largely the same people. Who cares?

Because we're trained to see everything that's human as just a human. So the idea of "fat" humans or "skinny" humans or any other adjective humans being treated as a new race seems.... wrong.

Whereas Orcs are a fantasy species, we're more willing to accept the idea that "brown" orcs are a new race.

Ohh no its not the human part. Its the part that they look ugly and fat/skinny. Its that instead of a cool race like pretty much all the Horde allied races . this race nr 3 that is ugly/no thought put into them. Explain me this, if jaina and her family look like normal humans. Why must these look like this. If there where jaina types running around no problem.

But i think ( i have said this before in other post and threads) its because so far in the alpha ( and what we already have). The allied races for the alliance have been extremely bad. Vs the extremely cool/better horde races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Ohh no its not the human part. Its the part that they look ugly and fat/skinny. Its that instead of a cool race like pretty much all the Horde allied races . this race nr 3 that is ugly/no thought put into them. Explain me this, if jaina and her family look like normal humans. Why must these look like this. If there where jaina types running around no problem.

But i think ( i have said this before in other post and threads) its because so far in the alpha ( and what we already have). The allied races for the alliance have been extremely bad. Vs the extremely cool/better horde races.
    I mean I've seen people on both sides of the "Alliance Allied Races suck." Both people saying "We won't get Kul'tirans because they look too cool and aren't a reskin" and people saying "We'll get Fat and Skinny Humans because it's the laziest Blizzard can be."

Personally I think Alliance is just missing their counterpart to the Zandalari. That cool visual race that looks like it was designed to be a "new race" before the Universal Player Skeleton as added.

I mean I've seen people on both sides of the "Alliance Allied Races suck." Both people saying "We won't get Kul'tirans because they look too cool and aren't a reskin" and people saying "We'll get Fat and Skinny Humans because it's the laziest Blizzard can be."
    Yeah you could get to. Its just a reskin. but that is just it. They could go the middle road and make them ( body wise) a bit different. Bulkier more skinny then normal humans ( in wow). And add some new faces. But again. They are just taking the easy road for the alliance allied races and make them fat/skinny.

Deleted
    we will never yield, we will never stop. in the end we WILL get high elves, we will emerge as winners. mark my words. soonner or later it's going to happen.
    the situation is dire. just go and check the official forums once a day, eu and us both. at least 5 new topics about high elves, DAILY, with many hundred upvotes and pages.

blizzard did a terrible mistake with void elves. they thought players will become satisfied, but they were so terribly wrong. if anything, the high elf demand is like 100 times more active than before. you can make fun of me all you want but it's the truth.

the horde playerbase gets everything they asked for years. everything. brown orcs, upstanding orcs, zandalari, etc. they even asked for highmountain (and i recall horde people that wanted nightborne too) during legion and got them!. meanwhile, the alliance got another set of purple elves and yellow eyed draenei that literally never noone asked for. and now, FAT HUMANS! for the love of god blizzard.

the only solution is : high elves. otherwise the alliance reaction is going to be enormous.

Tbh "race" in games falls more closely to "species" (as character "races" are named in SWTOR), literally speaking Kul Tirans are a race of Humans, Mag'har are a race of Orcs and Nightborne are a race of Elves. Now who's up for some proper race of black, sorry African-Azerothian Humans? With fabulous Afro and dreadlock hairstyles.

But yeah, I think people who are against Kul Tirans as a playable race most likely are against "more humans, elves and other boring races". On the other hand we have people who want Vulpera (who aren't a standard human / elf, and use goblin rig), but some other people are hating on it "eww furry", despite Taurens and other animal-like characters existing in Warcraft for a very long time. So I don't think it's the same people hating on specific races.

OP is wrong though claiming people didn't hate on pandas, from king fu panda, joke race, to "another furry" there were lots of panda haters in the game. I'm not sure if there's any race people didn't hate on. I guess Goblins and Zandalari are fine because they're "traditional horde races", Mag'har would be fine as well but people already jumped on WOD hate "omg timetravel Orcs get them out of here".

I don't even know why every new and potential race gets hate. I can understand hate towards class changes or game features a person doesn't like, because it impacts their everyday play. But a race? You don't even have to touch it, unless it has some super duper OP racial, and it doesn't seem they have atm, people were super hyped for Highmountain charge and Void Elf "blink" only to deem them "clunky to use" when they went live. So far the datamined Dark Iron racials are nothing great either, let's see if Zandalari / Mag'har actually show something promising (except looks, that's up to each player's judgement).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you could get to. Its just a reskin. but that is just it. They could go the middle road and make them ( body wise) a bit different. Bulkier more skinny then normal humans ( in wow). And add some new faces. But again. They are just taking the easy road for the alliance allied races and make them fat/skinny.
    I'd actually love to turn that question around. What makes Zandalari so much better than Kul'tirans? is it the Druid Forms in particular? Because I feel like people's optimism for Alliance Allied Races went in the toilet after the druid forms were datamined.

Also, again, Skinny Human has NO female option. At all. So its odds of being playable are near 0.

Ok, translating that into English for you, I believe you're saying, "explain to me why there are fat humans if the Proudmoores are fit."

What a stupid fucking question. Did you miss the part where not every human in Kul Tiras is stocky? Some are bulk, some are thin, some are "normal". Jaina's family falls in the third category.

A part of me dislikes the fact that pandaren are pudgy but another part of me acknowledges that they're a bear race and they were going to be thick regardless. If anything, I'm more disappointed that the females have hour glass figures to be honest and weird Chipette noses.

A lot of the people against bulky Kul Tirans aren't against them because they're fat, they're against them because they don't see them as allied race material. It boils down to this, in the regular world some people are biologically predisposed to being naturally larger and thicker, but we don't consider those people different from normal, anatomically modern humans and in fact that also seems to be the case in Kul Tiras as there's no distinction made between the NPCs that use the standard human models (the vast majority) and the bulky models. Kul Tirans as whole aren't an offshoot of humans distinct from Stormwindians (I mean, moreso than Gilneans or Stormic peoples), they're a nationality of regular humans where some humans are born naturally bigger boned than others.

Compare that to say Highmountain tauren, which are clearly a race distinct from Kalimdoran tauren and there's a clear distinction, both in-lore and out of lore, between both tauren races.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife
    Now who's up for some proper race of black, sorry African-Azerothian Humans? With fabulous Afro and dreadlock hairstyles.
    Funny enough, there are African humans in and around Booty Bay. Makasa and her brothers: Adashe, Akashinga and Amahle Flintwell. These seem to have their own unique customs and are independent from Stormwind. Booty Bay was actually originally inhabited by humans until it was overrun with trolls so that might be where they come from.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-03 at 10:03 PM.