15+ Year Old Account

Equipment and Artifact FAQ for Battle for Azeroth

I've typed up a detailed information they revealed during the various Blizzcon panels about what will be happening with our equipment.

Note: Battle for Azeroth is under development and this information is subject to change.

Artifact Weapons
    • Something will happen at the start of Battle for Azeroth that will result in everyone losing their Artifact weapons.
    • Appearances
      • All earned Artifact appearances and tints will become available for Transmog (class and weapon type restrictions still apply).
      • After Legion you will still be able to unlock all appearances except for the Mage Tower appearance.
      • After Legion you will still be able to unlock all tints except for the Mythic +15 tint for the Balance of Power appearance.
      • If you unlocked the Mage Tower appearance during Legion, you will still be able to unlock its tints after Legion.
      • The druid forms connected to unlocked appearances and tints will also remain available to players in Battle for Azeroth.
    • Traits
      • Some traits will be turned into baseline abilities or talents.
      • Some traits may be incorporated into the new Heart of Azeroth system as traits on Azerite Armor (see below).
      • Other traits will not be carried forward.

Equipment
    • Stat Squish
      • There will be a significant stat squish as well as an item level squish in Battle for Azeroth.
    • Legendaries
      • The random Legion Legendary system will not be carried forward into Battle for Azeroth, and will be replaced by Azerite Armor (see below).
    • Titanforging
      • Titanforging will still be present in Battle for Azeroth, but should occur less frequently.
      • The developers recognize that gear from obsolete content being able to Titanforge beyond the power level of gear from current content is problematic; the intent of Titanforging is to give players opportunities to obtain upgrades while playing and replaying current content.
      • Azerite Armor (see below) will not be able to Titanforge.

Heart of Azeroth
    • Heart of Azeroth
      • The Heart of Azeroth is a new Artifact Quality amulet that will be equpped in the Neck slot.
      • Artifact Power will be replaced with a new resource called Azerite, which is used to level up the Heart of Azeroth.
      • The Heart of Azeroth will automatically absorb Azerite when completing content that awards it, simplifying the Artifact Power system.
      • The Heart of Azeroth resonates with your Azerite Armor, allowing you to unlock their latent properties.
    • Azerite Armor
      • Azerite Armor will only be available for Head, Shoulder, and Chest slots.
      • Each piece of Azerite Armor will have a trait wheel with three rings that are unlocked based on the current level of your Heart of Azeroth.
      • You can select one trait from each unlocked ring. The first ring will have four traits, the second will have three traits, and the third will have two traits. A fourth and final trait is located at the center of the ring.
      • Some rings will offer offensive traits while others offer utility traits. You will never have to choose between offensive and utility traits.
      • The source, item level, stats, and traits for each piece of Azerite Armor are predetermined, meaning that you can choose which pieces of Azerite Armor you want to pursue.
    • Heritage Armor
      • Heritage Armor is a new type of cosmetic armor set that can be obtained by leveling an Allied Race from level 20 to 110.
      • Each Allied Race will have a single Heritage Armor set that has no class or armor type restrictions.
      • Each Heritage Armor set can only be used by that Allied Race.

Thanks for the reference.

The question that I'm itching to have answered: If I've unlocked a challenge artifact appearance on my alliance paladin, which then becomes transmoggable, per your post, will my horde paladin be able to use the same appearance if they haven't unlocked the same appearance??

It will certainly dictate which artifact appearances I'm going to be prioritizing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    [*]All earned Artifact appearances and tints will become available for Transmog (class and weapon type restrictions still apply).
    But will this unlock be account wide? For instance, if i create a Zandalari in BFA of a repeated class, will he have all appearances that i unlocked on another char of the same class?