Which spec for a newbie in PvP?

If this is the incorrect sub-forum, apologies.

I'm looking for opinions on which would be the best of the three to start doing PvP for a beginner? I know they all have their merits. Is one better suited for someone relatively new to PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Affliction. It's mindless and OP (both in PvP and PvE)
    Seriously this! You just can't lose going Affliction. Desto can be pretty scary in PVP once you're better.

The answer to everything regarding warlock, unfortunately, is gonna always be "Affliction". No matter the level and what kind of content, it's always Affliction. As Affliction you can deal damage and spread very high preassure, specially against casters and healers while also moving and healing like a crazy. As Demonology you are a tanky turret quite strong versus melees but dependant of the very super cool pet AI. As Destruction, my beloved spec, you can deal stupidly high damage in very short time but you are the most turret-y turret in the game, meaning you will never deal that damage unless you are invisible because the moment the enemy notice you are Destruction you are doomed by being focused 100% of the time every single time by every melee with 0 chance of escaping, both in BG's and arenas. Very often in BG's I've found myself at full health near a guy from my team about to die and the guys attacking him swap targets to me to avoid I could cast anything, completely ignoring the guy they were focusing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction but once you start getting better gear and better at warlock then try Destro.

One thing you should learn is kiting/staying alive and being able to juke melees. Destro can pretty much two shot people but it all depends on interrupts and staying alive.

A lot of warlocks are destro at high lvl pvp.

I am having huge issues as affliction in arena when facing mele comps. Even with proper gate/teleport, Unending resolve I am getting shredded in seconds. Every mele has some kind of gap closer these days
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Melee are the meta.

Prepare to get angry. Warlocks are punching bags in pvp against melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction is easier than affliction to play in PvP, at least when you're playing the cremation spec. And saying that affliction is overpowered currently is just silly. It might even be the weakest warlock spec right now.

With that said, warlocks are not bad. All three specs are in a decent spot right now, but nowhere near overpowered.

Watch the regionals, it will give you an idea of how the specs play.

Altough I only saw Destro and Demo being played, there must be an afflock in there too.
    Thanks for the heads up!