Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    No because they still look cute and out of place near Orcs and trolls and Taurens.
    They are furry goblins. They don’t look out of place next to a goblin

Ever seen a miniature poodle tell a Doberman to sit in the corner and stay their until its allowed to leave her domain? Yeah, one woof only. Don't mess around with a poodle in her territory.

Alright, this has convinced me that Vulpera have a place as a playable race if Blizzard chooses to go that route. They are pretty damn adorable, even I can't deny this. I didn't think Blizzard would have the guts to make this race as adorable as it could be, and just have it share goblin animations to a tee. This does, in fact, change things, and a race like this does have a place (although, I imagine that place may not necessarily make every WoW player happy, lol).

Still no interest in playing one, but I'd be fine with seeing others play them, assuming they are going to correctly be Horde.

Deleted
    Still not buying this will be an allied race since all other races don't have a "sleep up" animation

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    Still not buying this will be an allied race since all other races don't have a "sleep up" animation
    But that's not true at all, Worgen for instance sniff then hop up like a dog after getting up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    But that's not true at all, Worgen for instance sniff then hop up like a dog after getting up
    What do you mean?

https://i.imgur.com/QAun1Mg.gifv

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    Assuming you have the X key as sit, press X while lying down. It does a get up animation.
    If not, /stand.
    Last edited by Brannax; 2018-03-06 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that is pretty freaking adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannax View Post
    Assuming you have the X key as sit, press X while lying down. It does a get up animation.
    You can also type /stand when in the lying position to see the standing animation.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    People who dislike Vulpera also kick cats and shout at dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does everyone think Vulpera will be Horde?
    I love cats from all my soul, and i like dogs too, and with all that, i can't stand vulpera! Not bcs they are too cute or they are not savage enough, but bcs they look like a scrap from a korean mmo, we all know how korean mmos are doing, they are pretty much dead, for example Blade and Soul and AION, they both contain those cute furries races and both of those games didn't even get closer to half of wow's population. I seriously think, vulpera will start the end of world of warcraft's era.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1312 View Post
    I love cats from all my soul, and i like dogs too, and with all that, i can't stand vulpera! Not bcs they are too cute or they are not savage enough, but bcs they look like a scrap from a korean mmo, we all know how korean mmos are doing, they are pretty much dead, for example Blade and Soul and AION, they both contain those cute furries races and both of those games didn't even get closer to half of wow's population. I seriously think, vulpera will start the end of world of warcraft's era.
    I have yet to see anything from a Korean MMO that looks like a vulpera.

5+ Year Old Account
    Those games also had NPCs! CLEARLY that means any game which has NPCs is going to diiiiiiiie!

That's how the argument sounds.

No, friendo, having "Cute" animal races has got nothing to do with WoW's overall survivability. WoW survives because it's the strongest and most interconnected MMO there is. Based on a game series with a continuing story, it built on a fanbase that already existed while taking everything everyone else had done and doing it better. And then it put the focus on family and community, which creates a much tighter noose than great gameplay or compelling storytelling because if your friends and family are hanging around WoW, you're gonna get dragged back if you try to leave.

As to all the dudes virtue signaling their powerful masculinity and big strong muscles: We get it. You can calm down.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-03-06 at 12:39 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I have yet to see anything from a Korean MMO that looks like a vulpera.
    Then you didn't played enough mmos, and i don't say there are mmo with races that look EXACTLY like vulpera, but there are races that look sort of as vulpera, and if they look exactly or sort of it's not the idea of what i've said, the idea is that THIS particular concept of little furry animals as playable race, will make world of warcraft lose it's image from vanilla till now that make it become the best mmorpg of all times. The vulperas will change wow's image completely, and there are 2 options, will make it better or will destroy it, there are bigger chances that vulpera will destroy world of warcraft, bcs they will change it's entire concept.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cute, but not so cute in term of design and when you add the equips, the final results its.. meh!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Those games also had NPCs! CLEARLY that means any game which has NPCs is going to diiiiiiiie!

That's how the argument sounds.

No, friendo, having "Cute" animal races has got nothing to do with WoW's overall survivability. WoW survives because it's the strongest and most interconnected MMO there is. Based on a game series with a continuing story, it built on a fanbase that already existed while taking everything everyone else had done and doing it better. And then it put the focus on family and community, which creates a much tighter noose than great gameplay or compelling storytelling because if your friends and family are hanging around WoW, you're gonna get dragged back if you try to leave.

As to all the dudes virtue signaling their powerful masculinity and big strong muscles: We get it. You can calm down.
    Besides it's strong story line and comunity, wow had the perfect line between fantasy and reality, it was fantasy enough but NOT too much. The reason that maked others mmo to die, BESIDE cheap storyline, was that they were too fantasy or too realistic, there wasn't an equilibrum between those two. In our case, vulpera will destroy this equilibrum being too fantasy. We have started with 2 humanoid races in warcaft(orcs amd humans), then pandaren was the first mistake, but hey, they are smart and came with a class, and now vulpera which are more animal than humanoid. It looks like we could play as a rat from stormwind.

Then you didn't played enough mmos, and i don't say there are mmo with races that look EXACTLY like vulpera, but there are races that look sort of as vulpera
    Lolis with cat ears =\= straight up anthropomorphic fox

and if they look exactly or sort of it's not the idea of what i've said, the idea is that THIS particular concept of little furry animals as playable race
    will make world of warcraft lose it's image from vanilla till now that make it become the best mmorpg of all times. The vulperas will change wow's image completely, and there are 2 options, will make it better or will destroy it, there are bigger chances that vulpera will destroy world of warcraft, bcs they will change it's entire concept.
    You mean how Thrall and good, honorable orcs changed the entire concept of the first two RTS games? Tauren, jungle trolls, night elves, naga, blood elves, undead, pandaren, Arthas, etc; none of these existed prior to Warcraft 3.

If anything, vulpera fit in the Horde quite well. They seem to be a rugged, tribal race that has been subjugated by the sethrak (similar to tauren in WC3). If anything they culturally fit better in the Horde than forsaken, blood elves or nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides it's strong story line and comunity, wow had the perfect line between fantasy and reality, it was fantasy enough but NOT too much. The reason that maked others mmo to die, BESIDE cheap storyline, was that they were too fantasy or too realistic, there wasn't an equilibrum between those two. In our case, vulpera will destroy this equilibrum being too fantasy. We have started with 2 humanoid races in warcaft(orcs amd humans), then pandaren was the first mistake, but hey, they are smart and came with a class, and now vulpera which are more animal than humanoid. It looks like we could play as a rat from stormwind.
    MoP was the most realistic expansion to date and actually bothered to explore the price of war. It left civilians scattered, explored how politically divisive wars are and how wars can be pretty and useless. My favorite line in all of Warcraft is when Taran Zhu tells Jaina and Lor'themar that it can only stop if they walk away.

And if anything, portraying an animalistic race as more animal is a good thing, why would you want to be a tauren if you can't charge something head on? Why be a worgen if you can't bite and howl to your pack? Why be a pandaren if you can't roar, bite and scratch?
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-06 at 12:58 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Your previous post shows that you earnestly believe that any change will either incrementally improve the game or destroy it with no middle ground. It's a false dichotomy, friendo, and you've made it entirely obvious you've no intention of understanding it. So I'll say this last bit:

WoW is stronger than Vulpera. If anything, Vulpera will be largely ignored by the playerbase outside of a small diehard faction of people who really like them because they're cute or they've got neat animations or they just really enjoy playing tiny characters. And you know what? Good for them.

If you think "Korean MMOs" (GREAT euphemism, there, by the way) failed because they had cutesy races or a "Lack of Balance" between fantasy and reality, I think there might be a whole lot more for you to learn about what other people like and dislike in games and how that impacts which games are played in a given region.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Neutral allied race inc.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Wow has had furry races and elves for awhile. While orcs are technically aliens, Draenei are the only race to look decidable alien. So of course that's always gonna be more popular. Still though. This would be the 4th fury race. The only fury race being added of all of the allied races we "know" about. So I don't feel like this is the indication of a slippery slope. Ethereal while I love their love would be hard. They don't have female models (some have female voices though) and they can't wear player armour. They're intriguing but unlikely allied races. More alien esque races I would say is def possible in the future. I'm hoping for broken and "redeemed" man'ari eredar. (Would give Draenei an actual reason to hate the horde). But also completely new never before seen alien esque I hope. It won't happen on BFA though. It's just not the themes we're going into. We're going into Aztec esque land of dinosaurs and trolls as well as a port human nation. However I do really want to see a reptilian player race. I find Sethrak unlikely. (I like the idea of modified Naga who can grow legs on land).

On Elder scrolls Argonians are one of my favourite. I love their look, and their lore. Saurok, Naga, Sethrak, whatever we can get reptillian I want. I'd also like to see something elemental or naturey esque. Like a playable plant or tree race. Or elemental humanoids. Genasi from D&D are a good example. Maybe we recruit the 2 "good" elemental lords to fight against the other 2 who have either been replaced (Prefer this) or returned (yet again). As elemental lords have their connections to old gods it would be a good idea in an old god themed expansion. So like earth elementals that the dwarves recruit, and water elementals the horde recruits, no idea who'd recruit them. Or maybe one elemental race which is an example of the combined elements of Azeroth. There is so many idea for exotic creatures.

That being said I really like Vulpera. They're not really truly like anything else we have. They're new, different, exotic. Not another human/elf esque race. But there are many ideas I'd like to see. A dragonkin/dragonborn type race would be interesting. (Not the dragonmen experiments we saw in that one raid with the worgen skeleton please god no they look horrible). I like elves. But I really want to see more completely different things.
    Hence why I stated this has been increasing since TBC. Whereas the more alien (not necessarily from another planet) designed races took a back seat. And since Cata we've seen an explosion of them into the universe.

I get it, though, it's easier. Easier to create something from what exists as a thing in our world and "racialize" it in game compared to making something more... foreign. It's where my concern lies for Blizz and the future of our playable races. Not because some furry eccentricists coming into the game, or some magical force that comes in to ruin "MUH immersion!" Or anything of the sort. Just that we'llmore likely see the easy way more and more if creations as these are fawned over each time one is introduced.

And this isn't a new thing, we've seen it done to Mantid, Yaungol, Taunka, Tuskarr and Sylithid far more in comparison to Botani, Ethereal and Vrykul.

It's not without merit, though. As you said, it's only our fourth PLAYABLE race introduced. It's one point I am not necessarily arguing against, more so my comment is more toward the universe as a whole. I love when Blizz is at their peak and creating impressive things we didn't consider.

As your list, the elemental thing caught my attention, for two reasons. 1) we really haven't delved too much in the elemental planes lore, is there potential there to consider I wonder. And 2) played too long last Saturday I dreamt of WoW (something I haven't done in a while) introducing some lore about the elemental warfare and Al'Akir fused a group of Earthen with his elemental power while the Curse of Flesh was setting so he can turn it against the others. Backfired and imprisoned him and sent him away (where we find him in Uldum). But these Dwarves grew taller, had more of an Arabian vibe, floaty animations and skin of semi stone. What caught me about it was their beards and hair were wispy clouds. And since then favored the idea my subconscious had, and drove my desire to see more like it in WoW.

Just had to share that last part.

Expected animations of vulpera sleeping while standing up. Was disappointed.