Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Not sure why you insist on going on about shit that's no relevant to the OP.
    So you know for a fact some people didn't feel coerced huh? Well shit I bow to your clairvoyance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So you know for a fact some people didn't feel coerced huh? Well shit I bow to your clairvoyance
    It's not a matter of clairvoyance, it's a matter of comprehension. That someone "feels" it's something is irrelevant to whether it actually is that something. Coercion requires explicit threat or force. It's a pretty basic concept. Using the OP as the example, since it's actually relevant: If a landlord says, "Have sex with me or get evicted", that would be coercion. If a landlord says, "Pay the rent or get evicted. Alternatively, you can pay with sex", that is not coercion as the threat of eviction is the result of a failure to pay rent, not a failure to take part in sex. And to reiterate what was already stated, actual coerced sex is rape.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Read my other posts before you spout off nonsense that I've already addressed.
    Just because you arbitrarily label it "nonsense" does not unfortunately (for you) make what I wrote untrue.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    And then is homeless. Great. A "choice" is not always a choice. You could say no, but then it would have severe consequences for your life, so you are basically forced to agree. Which doesn't make it a choice anymore.
    This would only make sense if the landlord were telling people they would be kicked out unless they bribe them with sex... while still paying their rent. The thread is about sex in lieu of rent, because the tenant cannot pay the rent. So they would be homeless regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    How is this much different than say, you failing to pay bill to company X- and company X charging you a pate payment fee. Since that is coercion under your definition, is this theft? Are toll bridges I paid for in tax money theft?

The OP is an unfortunate situation, but is anyone actually being forced? No.