Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So, just playing devils advocate here, but... Illidan?
    Illidan never held a titans essence, nor is he actually strong enough to challenge one. All he can actually do is sit in a corner and glare in Sargeras general direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Other than the "nameless demons" part, this is the statement that Sargeras got the Pantheon's souls from their Ulduar invasion, and Aman'thul's soul during one of the world invasion on Azeroth:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: Still not explained how Sargeras went about acquiring the titan souls. Retcon from Chronicles?
    Muffinus: Eonar kind of explains this, in the time since the Chronicle he's managed to gather them all, except her, and has already turned Aggramar.
    Q: My only point is: last remnants were inside the Keepers. Now, the souls are on Argus. That is a contradiction. They need to explain how.
    Muffinus: You know how there were demons in Ulduar during Legion pre-launch week 2?
    Q: Yup it's a theory that the Legion targeted Ulduar for this! What about Aman'thul's soul fragment? It was inside Lei Shen & now Wrathion.
    Muffinus: Did you do invasions? (Source)
    There was still like max two of those souls in Ulduar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas being denied by the Alliance is official btw, for those that said that ''it wasn't said anywhere'', also official Wrathgate # of troops.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Sylvanas being denied by the Alliance is official btw, for those that said that ''it wasn't said anywhere'', also official Wrathgate # of troops.

Deathknights are ok tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Illidan never held a titans essence, nor is he actually strong enough to challenge one. All he can actually do is sit in a corner and glare in Sargeras general direction.
    While his soul wasn't in his own body at the time, his body did become the avatar of Sargeras for a short while. Check out the mythic only phase of the Gul'dan fight! I'm not exactly sure how Illidan ended back up in his body and expelled Sargeras from it, but it did happen.

Ahh, if only people would make mythic boss fight videos that actually had the lore in it instead of people screaming while horrible dubstep plays in the background.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    All of undercity had fallen which included some of the remaining abominations and they where still mindless. Also During the days of the black empire many of the Old gods power where able affect mindless titanforged because most of them originally where mostly machines(for example Y'sharaajs power) Also in Fleshwerks there are Ghouls which have grown saronite spikes I'd say that is affected.
    So just the Forsaken then? Those who have free will and minds already not dominated by the Lich King? And Forsaken abominations aren't mindless... just really stupid. Seriously, there's even that one that made friends over by Andorhal. And no, using the shards isn't corruption, it made them deadlier like how they used saronite in everything(it's powerful stuff)

Well Algalon might have recovered enough power to send another reply code when you take account that Argent crusade during that time built argent tournament ground which would take atleast a month(lore time) and only time we have seen somebody being a long time weaken after fight was illidan when he lost part of his souls power in Illidan novel. Also it might not be near death it might just be that we showed him our strength, and most of his powers where used not near death.

Also to waltz in they would still have fight Freya, Mimiron, Hodir and Thorim. All of them are extremely powerful still and fighting all of them at the same time would be hard. Also they would have the support of ice giants which would have given Algalon plenty of time.
    They'd all need a long time to recover, but 25 empowered champions waltzing in with an army of undead wouldn't have much problems, especially if they maintain their living appearance.

But i did remember something to counter this whole point. Velen had a vision of another timeline where the Scourge did win and the world was lifeless and filled with undead.
    Emerald nightmare was active the entire Wotlk time and growing stronger as we seen in emerald dragoshire only one emerald dream portal was still active which was in Darnassus, which could closed by Od gods.
    Good thing Arthas has captured a green dragon and is experimenting on her. She's able to open portals to the Emerald Dream.
    Also ner'zhul had seen vision of frostmourne clashing with Ashbringer yeas, but as we have seen vision of future in wc universe are flimsy at best and so has the void seen all possible futures and Old god servants didn't seem to think Scourge was much a threat to their plans because they just ignored them. Lei Shens soul was born from pure arcane energy as was titans and titan keepers and Mogu had unparalleled knowledge of titanic arcade and they even managed to cure the curse of flesh.
    Arthas received many visions as far as cataclysm and according to Chronicles 3, saw the Old Gods and Legion as a constant threat that it became his main goal to stop them. The void can see visions all they want, but they're half truths and the Old Gods were caught unaware by the Titans and also lost in the Hour of Twilight. Idk how you figured they ignored them, it's almost a fact that the Lich King would wash over the world, by visions of velen, by belief of Uther and even Kil'jaeden. So the Scourge would be a huge threat to their victory.

The Mogu after suffering the curse of flesh lost their ways, they became mortal and began to have children. The Age of the Hundred Kings began as they became more warlike and lost more of who they were. Lei Shen was born, he wasn't created like his ancestors and is a mortal. The Mogu didn't reverse the curse of flesh, the re-engineered it and figured out how to place their souls in stone statues, not all mogu are stone, many are flesh.

Only thing that Saronite was confirmed not the affect where the knight of the ebon blade, but they are still death knights. Also many creatures who have old god corruption on them seem to immune to Lich kings necromantic power for example nagas who are only weak and we know for instant that Lokens souls was corrupted by Yogg-saron which would make it immune to Lich King necromancy.
    Saronite is used everywhere by the scourge, there's no evidence it's effecting them. Naga-what? How are naga immune? google "Zanzil Naga" Also, creatures birthed from Old Gods are able to be resurrected by are immune to the plague, nerubians. Loken's mind was corrupted, but even if his soul was... what of it? Also that whole nonsense about Lei shen's soul being arcane... you're not using it here?

I don't have game time at the moment and not all smallest quotes are in wowhead or wikia so I'll try to find video on youtube which shows it, but don't you think its weird LK uses living as miners in the pit of saron and not just kill them and make them mine?
    the miners that we free? idk, but there's tons of undead around them not effected. But Lich King also doesn't always kill everything. Most of the Vrykul are living and he offers people to join him here and there.

Also Sargeras could always wake argus as patheon did before the fight and told him ton unmake all of creation because he could do that.
    you lost me on that O.o

There was still like max two of those souls in Ulduar?
    We don't know how it works. Seeing that those souls might be able to travel around without a body (i.e: Eonar), it's possible that they (the spirits) just gathered at Ulduar after it was freed from Yogg-Saron's control, for example. It's also possible that Ra, while being missing between MoP and now, went and told the Keepers behind the scene of what happened and they gathered the souls from other Keepers' bodies. Ultimately, as I said, we don't know how it works, so technically anything can happen and we just have to go with Blizzard's words and try to thought of a theory as to how it might have worked.

It's true that it wasn't said anywhere that she was denied, though, just that her emissaries to the Alliance never returned. A lot of things could have happen, such as them falling to beasts / random paladins / non-Undead races on the way without them knowing that they weren't, well, monsters.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-06 at 05:46 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

While his soul wasn't in his own body at the time, his body did become the avatar of Sargeras for a short while. Check out the mythic only phase of the Gul'dan fight! I'm not exactly sure how Illidan ended back up in his body and expelled Sargeras from it, but it did happen.

Ahh, if only people would make mythic boss fight videos that actually had the lore in it instead of people screaming while horrible dubstep plays in the background.
    Then why did the Illidan say during the fight "The Demon Within yells: He will... yet claim... this titan...?" Also Illidan name is at that point demon within which could still mean its azzinoth because he actually summon mini azzinoth during the fight.

In the same way medivh held on, battling with a small fraction of Sargeras power within, not really the essence of a Titan. How Illidan held on I'd say the connection being severed during the battle.

We don't know how it works. Seeing that those souls might be able to travel around without a body (i.e: Eonar), it's possible that they (the spirits) just gathered at Ulduar after it was freed from Yogg-Saron's control, for example. It's also possible that Ra, while being missing between MoP and now, went and told the Keepers behind the scene of what happened and they gathered the souls from other Keepers' bodies. Ultimately, as I said, we don't know how it works, so technically anything can happen and we just have to go with Blizzard's words and try to thought of a theory as to how it might have worked.
    Hmm true still is kind a weird to say the least, but I doubt if not old gods nor any other keepers than ra found out about the souls of titans(atleast what we know of) Lich King would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    In the same way medivh held on, battling with a small fraction of Sargeras power within, not really the essence of a Titan. How Illidan held on I'd say the connection being severed during the battle.
    Still would not explain why it is called Demon within because Sargeras isn't a demon and there can only said like one thing that could be demon within for illidans body.

10+ Year Old Account

It's true that it wasn't said anywhere that she was denied, though, just that her emissaries to the Alliance never returned. A lot of things could have happen, such as them falling to beasts / random paladins / non-Undead races on the way without them knowing that they weren't, well, monsters.
    That's gonna be the new narrative that people will use now won't it? Hahaha, it's fine to accept the fact that they see them as monsters, most people did that's why she grew desperate in the first place, stop denying obvious crap.

This is what I hate about Warcraft's direction lately: No mean badass motherfucker bad guys. Alliance can't be bad, we can't hurt players' feelings. Horde can't be bad either. Everyone is just "misunderstood".

Why can't we have some REAL bad guys instead of this farce? How far Blizzard can even take this, it's eventually going to collapse under itself.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Deathknights are ok tho.
    #justAlliancethings Or I should say #justBlizzardthings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This is what I hate about Warcraft's direction lately: No mean badass motherfucker bad guys. Alliance can't be bad, we can't hurt players' feelings. Horde can't be bad either. Everyone is just "misunderstood".

Why can't we have some REAL bad guys instead of this farce? How far Blizzard can even take this, it's eventually going to collapse under itself.
    Gul'dan? Yeah he was shunned and shit, but he was bad to the core and didn't want anything else but power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Still would not explain why it is called Demon within because Sargeras isn't a demon and there can only said like one thing that could be demon within for illidans body.
    Demon Hunters are created through the ingestion of demonic flesh and blood (and presumably the essence of their demonic soul) - Illidan is presumed to have consumed the essence of the demon Azzinoth (the same place he claimed his famed warglaives from), and *that* is the Demon Within for Illidan. Illidan later buttressed this with the Fel essence of Gul'dan's skull which pushed him from being a Demon Hunter to a true Demon/Night Elf hybrid. The presence of the Soul Fragment of Azzinoth during the Nighthold encounter with "The Demon Within" supports the notion that the being speaking was some remnant of Azzinoth's consciousness.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

#justAlliancethings Or I should say #justBlizzardthings

- - - Updated - - -

Gul'dan? Yeah he was shunned and shit, but he was bad to the core and didn't want anything else but power.
    No, Gul'dan wanted to be a shaman but he got rejected by the elements so he sought out fel instead - the AU one at least. He's still a some sort of a "victim". It was in one of those animated shorts Blizzard did during WoD.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    No, Gul'dan wanted to be a shaman but he got rejected by the elements so he sought out fel instead - the AU one at least. He's still a some sort of a "victim". It was in one of those animated shorts Blizzard did during WoD.
    So whats your point? He could have used that power to save his clan or any other crap that you're complaning about. Gul'dan was bad to the core, all he wanted was destruction and to rule alongside the Legion, and the reason why he was denied in the first place is because the Elements sensed his darkness. Him being ''shunned'' doesn't twist it into some ulterior motive.

That's gonna be the new narrative that people will use now won't it? Hahaha, it's fine to accept the fact that they see them as monsters, most people did that's why she grew desperate in the first place, stop denying obvious crap.
    Mind you enlighten me what am I denying?

For the Alliance to deny Sylvanas, her emissaries need to reach Stormwind, and need to be known as emissaries asking for help / to join the Alliance. You don't deny something you didn't even know. Neither were stated in Chronicle - in fact, it flat out said there that Sylvanas thought that her emissaries didn't even make it pasts the gate. That means her emissaries were likely being killed anywhere from Undercity up until Stormwind gate, which there could be many reason other than "The Alliance knew they were emissaries and kill them as a form of rejection". You don't kill emissaries, unless you are planning to go on a war with the other country / organization, but I didn't see Stormwind waging war with the Forsaken back then. As I said, they could have fallen to beasts, or paladins, or thieves, or people who thought they were monsters.,

I never denied that the Alliance saw the Forsaken as monsters, though - did you miss that I even included paladins in the possible cause of death? Just that if Stormwind's soldiers killed those emissaries without knowing them emissaries, but because they saw those as monsters instead, it would not be a denial of Sylvanas' attempt. There is a different between a failed attempt and a denied attempt. For example, a case like this won't be a denial:
    Emissaries: Hi, we are Queen Sylvanas' emissaries, we're here to...
    Stormwind soldiers: DIE FILTHY UNDEAD!
    <Emissaries killed>
    But a case like this will be:
    Emissaries: Hi, we are Queen Sylvanas' emissaries, we're here to ask for help
    <Soldiers went and report to leader>
    SW Leader: We can't trust them, turn them down / kill them
    Stormwind soldiers: DIE FILTHY UNDEAD!
    <Emissaries killed>
    even though the final results are more or less the same, the fundamentals are different.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-06 at 06:10 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me that notices the artwork for this volume is more... cartoony... than the previous volumes?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Is it just me that notices the artwork for this volume is more... cartoony... than the previous volumes?
    It’s because their old artist left.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Peter Lee and Wei Wang aren't as involved anymore, sadly.

That artwork of Maraad's sister still haunts me.