Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope when they get around to deciding who canonically defeated Garrosh in SoO they choose the Horde.

The Alliance having an elite force break in, take down all the True Horde leaders and then Varian just turning around and leaving rather than continuing the fight and conquering the rest of the Horde would make that entire ending even more stupidly awkward.

If the Alliance is outnumbered in the room by an elite Horde squad and leaders then the situation would have clearly resulted in significant Alliance losses and potential harm to his son. In that case, leaving in peace makes perfect sense.

And I don’t think Alliance players like the idea of going through that entire siege, doing practically everything while the Horde sits back at the entrance only to give the city back to them when the job is done. The Alliance should have been support at best, the main force should have been Horde.

SoO’s ending was stupid anyway. But the Horde ending is significantly less stupid overall since it makes both the Alliance and the Horde look at least semi-competent.
    Rather than putting us in a situation where the Horde did absolutely nothing, letting the Alliance be the main force of an invasion to retake their city and then having it handed it back to them because reasons.
    If we were going to split SoO up between the two factions, I would say it makes the most sense for the Alliance to get credit all the way up to the Gates of Orgrimmar, and then have both forces enter the city and do the Dark Shaman encounter (while both witness the barbarity of Garrosh's abuse of both Horde and Alliance prisoners in the Valley of Strength). After that, the Alliance essentially parks itself at the Gates and prevents a True Horde Kor'kron pincer movement while the Horde Insurgent force descends into the Underhold to contend with Nazgrim and the various traps, bosses, and encounters therein. With Thrall present in Garrosh's new throne room in the Underhold, as well as Saurfang before the Klaxxi Paragons, it all seems geared toward a Horde presence in the depths of the Underhold.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Ugh what a great picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Man, Orgrimmar must look awesome in full scale. Hope there's more pictures like that.

Great Orgrimmar picture!

Also, in the page "fall of the silvermoon', it does not mention the arcane barrier of blood elves nor the betray of Dar'khan.

In this new lore, Sylvanas ordered most of the mages stay in Silvermoon preparing for siege, and led the ranger corp to fight and hope to prevent Arthas from reaching Silvermoon. Otherwise there is nothing new here.

There is also no proof/counterproof towards the lore abomination in the windrunner artifact weapon.
    Last edited by Ash123; 2018-03-09 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    Great Orgrimmar picture!

Also, in the page "fall of the silvermoon', it does not mention the arcane barrier of blood elves nor the betray of Dar'khan.
    The page ends before those events. It does tell that Sylvanas was buying time to prepare the cities defenses. I bet the very next page would tell of the barrier and Dar'khan's interference.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The page ends before those events. It does tell that Sylvanas was buying time to prepare the cities defenses. I bet the very next page would tell of the barrier and Dar'khan's interference.
    If that is the case, the the old lore is still changed, the barrier was set along the outskirt of forest, not around Silvermoon.
    But I agree that Dar'khan's interference could come later (maybe just for the sunwell).

If that is the case, the the old lore is still changed, the barrier was set along the outskirt of forest, not around Silvermoon.
    But I agree that Dar'khan's interference could come later (maybe just for the sunwell).
    Was it? I remember the Tides of Darkness book, in which the barrier surrounded the city, while the war with the trolls and orcs raged in the forests.
    Maybe they are streamlining the lore.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh I just noticed the Gazlowe robot from heroes on the bottom left.

Last edited by Shampro; 2018-03-09 at 05:25 PM.

Was it? I remember the Tides of Darkness book, in which the barrier surrounded the city, while the war with the trolls and orcs raged in the forests.
    Maybe they are streamlining the lore.
    It was not a physical barrier out there, but a dampening field for non elven magic, though it was part of the entire barrier construct so to speak.

It did. This is the part described it in Chronicle shortly after the linked page:
    "Silvermoon City was protected by a number of magical barrier. Two were the elf-gates, which were positioned at strategic points on the main road to the capital. The third and most powerful barrier was called Ban'dinoriel. It was an impenetrable shield that derived its power from the Sunwell. Arthas Menethil and the Scourge might have never bypassed these defenses if not for the high elf magister Dar'khan Drathir. Dar'Khan was a talented mage, but unbridled ambition made him arrogant and vindictive. He never felt that he received the recognition that he deserved. Bitterness filled his heart and darkened his emotions. Arthas sensed Dar'khan's inner turmoil, and he saw him as a critical ally for the invasion of Quel'thalas. The death knight whispered in the elf mind and made an offer to serve the Lich King, all power and recognition Dar'Khan craved would finally be his. Dar'Khan could not resist. He betrayed his entire race and helped the Scourge destroy and bypass Quel'thalas's magical barriers."
    It seems to be more or less in line with WoW / the novel & comic lore, as far as I can remember. Ban'dinoriel only surrounded Silvermoon.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-09 at 05:38 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It did. This is the part described it in Chronicle:
    "[I]Silvermoon City was protected by a number of magical barrier. Two were the elf-gates, which Were positioned at strategic points on the main raod to the capital. The third and most powerful barrier was called Ban'dinoriel. It was an impenetrable shield that derived its power from the Sunwell. Arthas Menethil and the Scourge might have never bypassed these defenses if not for the high elf magister Dar'khan Drathir. Dar'Khan was a talented mage, but unbridled ambition made him arrogant and vindictive. He never felt that he received the recognition that he deserved. Bitterness filled his heart and darkened his emotions. Arthas sensed Dar'khan's inner turmoil, and he saw him as a critical ally for the invasion of Quel'thalas. The death knight whispered in the elf mind and made an offer to serve the Lich King, all power and recognition Dar'Khan craved would finally be his. Dar'Khan could not resist. He betrayed his entire race and helped the Scourge destroy and bypass Quel'thalas's magical barriers.[/I]"
    It seems to be more or less in line with WoW / the novel & comic lore, as far as I can remember. Ban'dinoriel only surrounded Silvermoon.
    Do you already have a copy ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I get the joke, but they still brought him up, thus letting more people know about him.
    dude, quit whining and get over it
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Do you already have a copy ?
    No, sadly, I don't I'm just dealing with the preview and patiently type it out
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It was not a physical barrier out there, but a dampening field for non elven magic, though it was part of the entire barrier construct so to speak.
    No, beyond that, there was a magical barrier, powered by the Sunwell, that covered Silvermoon City and was able to repel all entry, including the fire breath of the Horde red dragons.

This was not in the original Warcraft 3 campaign (just like Dar'khan wasn't), but was described in the Tides of Darkness book, and I always assumed it was also used against Arthas, thus the Scourge needed Dar'khan's help.
    @Qualia 's post shows my assumption was right. Silvermoon had several defenses, and Ban'dinoriel is the barrier I was talking about.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It did. This is the part described it in Chronicle shortly after the linked page:

Thanks for the quote. So by this description, the two elf-gates should be in Eversong Forest, rather than in the ghost land

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except that's like saying the Cat and the Hat is shit. The Medan comics were not made for you.
    They weren't made for anyone, they're shit
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

No, beyond that, there was a magical barrier, powered by the Sunwell, that covered Silvermoon City and was able to repel all entry, including the fire breath of the Horde red dragons.

This was not in the original Warcraft 3 campaign (just like Dar'khan wasn't), but was described in the Tides of Darkness book, and I always assumed it was also used against Arthas, thus the Scourge needed Dar'khan's help.
    @Qualia 's post shows my assumption was right. Silvermoon had several defenses, and Ban'dinoriel is the barrier I was talking about.
    I am aware ,it was split up in several stages but the whole thing was more or less known as Ban'dinoriel its runestone borders were meant to hide the elven magic and supress foreign ones, while its strong shield used the direct powers of the sunwell and the three mooncrystals to protect silvermoon itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As I understand it, the Ban'dinoriel shield's main focus was on Silvermoon City, and the Runestones littered throughout Quel'Thalas and tied to the Elfgates were basically an extended dampening field that drew from the Ban'dinoriel's energy to extend its protection in a lesser form. Gul'dan destroyed the Runestones in the Second War that brought down this extended protection, but the primary Ban'dinoriel shield and the physical Elfgates remained intact. In the Third War Dar'Khan provided Arthas with a means to get past the remaining Elfgate fortifications while he himself shut down the Ban'dinoriel shield from the inside at Quel'Danas - although it's not known exactly when in the timeline of the Third War that he did this. By the time Arthas' forces had gotten past the inner Elfgate the Ban'dinoriel was already down and Silvermoon was preparing itself for the siege to come bereft of the shield's protection.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I love the pic of Org. I hope we get to see one of modern-day Orgrimmar to compare.