Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If they add group finder, I will not play it. Its just that simple.
    Getting rid of trade chat spam is that big of a deal breaker for you, or are you another person confusing group finder with LFD?

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Getting rid of trade chat spam is that big of a deal breaker for you, or are you another person confusing group finder with LFD?
    People can leave trade chat or whatever channel they like if spam would be the issue.

It is more likely it is due to the negative effects those tools had on the community and players, than just the spam in chat.

i think they will add integration with bnet, possible provide updated graphics option in the settings, AH in all cities from start, Current API for addons.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Group Finder.
    WoW tokens.
    Updated Graphics.
    Guild Banks.

These are all pretty much certainties. I think anything that doesn't affect class balance is very likely. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Classic shipped with every zone level scaled.
    LOL you dirty troll - zone scaling and WoW tokens? You fail hard even as a troll!

They'll cherry pick between 1-1.12.1 - it's all vanilla

UBRS - Tuned for 10 but open for 15
    Pre nerf AV
    No battlemasters
    No cross server
    No sharding / phasing
    Pre nerf dungeons / raids - they will go with the most difficult iterations and leave it
    Go with the class balance of 1.12.1

Only changes I can see will be bugs and exploits
    Battle.net integration
    Graphics will be a toggle - I won't be happy with this personally but at least I can toggle off
    I also think they'll amp up the sound quality options
    Colourblind mode
    Last edited by ossyc; 2018-03-11 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Didn't we have this exact topic a few weeks back, and a month back, and 2 months back, and....

Well, this will end well *gets popcorn*
    It will not end until Blizzard actually tells people what it will be. Until then, we will have endless speculation.

Once there is an announcement, the endless speculation will transform into a deluge of tears released by players that are sad that Blizzard did not make Classic exactly how said player wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    People can leave trade chat or whatever channel they like if spam would be the issue.

It is more likely it is due to the negative effects those tools had on the community and players, than just the spam in chat.
    What negative effects?

It's literally just a more efficient way of finding groups than spamming trade is. Having to sit in a city to spam a group advertisement because it scrolls off the screen in 2-3 seconds is not good or immersive gameplay. Group finder is a massive improvement on that, and it will 100% be included in classic because it is simply a UI improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ossyc View Post
    LOL you dirty troll - zone scaling and WoW tokens? You fail hard even as a troll!
    Wow tokens will be in classic. I am not a troll, even most purists grudgingly accept they will be there. WoW tokens exist to stop gold farmers, and they have been massively effective at doing that. Why wouldn't they be included?

Zone scaling is not something I expect to see but at the same time it wouldn't really surprise me if it was there.

the only changes they should do are:
    bnet integration.
    colorblind mode.
    server and backend issues and updating to work with the new hardware.
    bug fixes and exploit fixes.
    authenticator support.
    whatever patch or franken patch they are coming out with.

other than that i dont think they should change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I see nothing to suggest that the ones buying wow tokens were the same people who were willing to engage in illegal activity. With illegal gold still being way cheaper, the people who were willing to participate in illegal gold trade would see wow tokens as an overpriced rip off.

So no, common sense would tell you that most of people buying wow tokens aren't the same ones who were buying illegal gold.
    If you want to talk "common sense", then common sense tells us that a sizable portion, perhaps even the majority, of the players who used to buy gold illegally have migrated to the WoW token, because of its legitimacy, and therefore their accounts aren't put at risk. Add to it the fact that we now rarely see any gold-selling advertisement on Trade chat anymore, and the idea that the WoW token reduced illegal gold selling becomes much, much more likely than the idea that it didn't do anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you want to talk "common sense", then common sense tells us that a sizable portion, perhaps even the majority, of the players who used to buy gold illegally have migrated to the WoW token, because of its legitimacy, and therefore their accounts aren't put at risk. Add to it the fact that we now rarely see any gold-selling advertisement on Trade chat anymore, and the idea that the WoW token reduced illegal gold selling becomes much, much more likely than the idea that it didn't do anything.
    Acendonal. Because YOU or the small amount of people on this thread don't see any gold selling advertisements isn't an indication of anything. Legitimacy isn't enough evidence for anything. Statistically speaking, there is no indication that those who have been successfully buying illegal gold would turn to wow tokens as illegal gold is still the better option financially. If anything, those who were unsuccessful in buying illegal gold or those who were too afraid to break the rules to buy it are most likely the main source of wow token purchases.

Absolutely going to happen? (imo)

1. Colorblind mode will be added.
    2. Server side security/anti-cheat and coding is certainly going to change and be updated.
    3. Hardware will be upgraded and thus server side/client side software will have changes for that.
    4. I have my doubts game breaking bugs will be delivered.
    5. Battle.net integration will likely be in some fashion.
    6. In game support will likely look more modern.

If they're gonna use the new models then I hope they'll also release a HD version of vanilla items because the new models look like shit in low-res armor

Acendonal.
    Anecdotal evidence is better than no evidence at all, which seems to be your case. Worse yet, you're dismissing factual evidence (in this case, the great diminishing of gold selling on trade chat) without even giving any reason other than saying "it doesn't mean anything".

Because YOU or the small amount of people on this thread don't see any gold selling advertisements isn't an indication of anything.
    This "small amount of people" is still a much greater number than you. So far I've seen only you advocating for the idea that WoW tokens
    didn't work for shit
    in curbing gold selling. And to clarify, it's not "just a small amount of people". It's basically everyone. Just look at the number of people complaining about gold selling scams and spam on trade chat, nowadays, compared to how it was before the implementation of the WoW token.

Legitimacy isn't enough evidence for anything. Statistically speaking, there is no indication that those who have been successfully buying illegal gold would turn to wow tokens as illegal gold is still the better option financially.
    What statistics? Where can I find those statistics? Especially when similar situations show the exact opposite of what you claim your "supposed statistics" say: countries that have legalized the use and commercialization of certain drugs, tend to find themselves having to deal with less trafficking crimes related to those drugs.

If anything, those who were unsuccessful in buying illegal gold or those who were too afraid to break the rules to buy it are most likely the main source of wow token purchases.
    Just because you weren't caught the first few times, does not mean you'll never be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is better than no evidence at all, which seems to be your case. Worse yet, you're dismissing factual evidence (in this case, the great diminishing of gold selling on trade chat) without even giving any reason other than saying "it doesn't mean anything".

This "small amount of people" is still a much greater number than you. So far I've seen only you advocating for the idea that WoW tokensin curbing gold selling. And to clarify, it's not "just a small amount of people". It's basically everyone. Just look at the number of people complaining about gold selling scams and spam on trade chat, nowadays, compared to how it was before the implementation of the WoW token.

What statistics? Where can I find those statistics? Especially when similar situations show the exact opposite of what you claim your "supposed statistics" say: countries that have legalized the use and commercialization of certain drugs, tend to find themselves having to deal with less trafficking crimes related to those drugs.

Just because you weren't caught the first few times, does not mean you'll never be caught.

I bought gold from farmers when I resubbed but that was before I knew about the tokens, now just straight tokenz.

1. Modern QoL features like colorblind mode, b.net integration, maybe even token(i hope not)
    2. Brack said that they want to use one client for bfa/classic so modern models/textures, api/macro are like 99.9% happening and almost all of this stuff already made for 1.12 client with addons. Did you know that there is mouseover for raid frames in Luna addon - a 1.12 adaptation of shadowUnitFrames healing in vanilla with mouseover is basically never happened in actual vanilla.
    3. 15 debuff slot limit. It was there due to technical limitation but now it isn't a problem anymore. It might however affect gameplay for some classes like warlock - now you can actually use your dots yay.
    4. Some major known exploits and super effective farming strategies like DM farming or BRD pickpocket run.

you have the option to make macros in vanilla.
    Focus target came in a later expansion so no please.
    pvp trinkets should cancel all but they didnt back in the day so no thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Absolutely going to happen? (imo)

1. Colorblind mode will be added.
    2. Server side security/anti-cheat and coding is certainly going to change and be updated.
    3. Hardware will be upgraded and thus server side/client side software will have changes for that.
    4. I have my doubts game breaking bugs will be delivered.
    5. Battle.net integration will likely be in some fashion.
    6. In game support will likely look more modern.
    ^ I'll be fine with all this
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    actually people do talk about things that don't even touch gameplay in the slightest, like the updated character models. Or some are even upset about updated shadows.
    to be fair, updated models were the single biggest request I saw over the years on forums. It is a big deal to some players.

the second most common request was classic AV. Still not convinced that will get in classic without timers and other modifications.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the second most common request was classic AV. Still not convinced that will get in classic without timers and other modifications.
    Yeah, that's a really tough subject. I think it'd be hard to create a scenario where one isn't played significantly more than the other.

Maybe creating 2 versions of AV would be ideal.

The Battle for Alterac Valley:
    20-25 man
    Reinforcements/Timer
    Bosses are tuned and reskinned for zerg AV as we know it

The War for Alterac Valley:
    As it was in Vanilla

It's still hard to know if people will play one and not the other. I'd much rather have the option to do the old style or the new style than to just not be able to do the old style at all.

Small class balance changes/tweeks will be snuck in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollioswoop View Post
    Yeah, that's a really tough subject. I think it'd be hard to create a scenario where one isn't played significantly more than the other.

Maybe creating 2 versions of AV would be ideal.

The Battle for Alterac Valley:
    20-25 man
    Reinforcements/Timer
    Bosses are tuned and reskinned for zerg AV as we know it

The War for Alterac Valley:
    As it was in Vanilla

It's still hard to know if people will play one and not the other. I'd much rather have the option to do the old style or the new style than to just not be able to do the old style at all.
    they could have done that at any time the last 10 years and just removed it from the timed honor grind or otherwise made it less attractive for honor-grinding, and they haven't.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.