Poll: How do we feel these days about M+ scoring?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    This thread (paraphrased), and hundreds of others like it.
    Still that's not a quote of what you claim should be easy to find.

I think it's more annoying than anything, mostly for my alts. My main runs with guildies so I couldn't care less about my low score since we avoid overly hard keys, however this means my alts are stuck with a low one as well and getting in a +15, which they easily outgear and where I outperform everyone else quite frequently, is stupidly hard because muh scores. I link my Mythic Aggramar achieve and it barely seems to help, I get whispers saying it doesn't matter and I can only facepalm at that.

I understand why it's needed when pugging 19+ keys. But the sheer amount of retards demanding 2k+ score score for a freaking +15 makes even the guys demanding AOTC for a normal run seem reasonable. Especially since the leaders of said groups are pretty bad 50% of the time so it's almost a carry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    A fair score, as I see it myself, should be based on personal performance rather than just one simple "You beat the timer! Gz! Here are your points!"
    Currently I play another game, beside WoW, that have multiple trackers - efficiency rating, most damage done, numbers of successful dungeon completes, number of personal kills in that dungeon, scoring based on how much stuff you killed in given dungeon, how much stuff you killed in any of the available specs for the class you play... heck even your individual weapons have tracker how many stuff you killed with that same weapon...
    You have so much information that can help you to distinguish good player with just looking at their "armory" than just that lazy scoring that is currently used for m+.

TL;DR - Just one stat to base your scoring system is laughable and anyone who trust such scoring system should not be taken seriously!
    If anyone is gonna try to give any kind of rating or score regarding PvE and/or PVP they need to include more stats, or even better said as much as possible stats, so that rating/score will be more adequate in assessing any given player.
    Wow, how ignorant can someone be? How are the shitty stats of your shitty other game in any case relevant for something like m+? Pulling off enough dps is the least of your worries and is just something that is expected from you without saying. What is important is that you deal with mechanics, know your cc, interrupts etc. You don't need some random stats, more numbers do not equal better information. To beat a +23 key intime you have to meet all the criteria. So if someone played all dungeons on high difficulty this tells me enough about him. Perhaps you should not brag about something you dont know sht about and trust people who have boosted thousands of m+ dungeons in legion.

Also ofc your mythic boss kills are irrelevant. I you apply to a Antorus HC raid people also won't care if you did Seat +22. You have to know mechanics and stragey, that's what you can break the whole game down to. Simple as that. And since people started trying to bullsht themselves into grps and highly overestimate their own skill level people started using those scores and achievements as a tool to help them building pugs.

Anyone who builds succesful pugs for m+ or raids knows the deal. Lazy people who are triggered because they don't get invited into pugs get salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    You missed a month. Leaderboards are 500 now. For some dungeons even a +2 on a very populated server gets you there (Seat). https://raider.io/mythic-plus/realms/us/current
    Ok, then it's much better.
    But looking at this list, it seems to be easier to get points on us realms then on eu realms (looking at last week's list). Although i don't know at what time the leaderboards are usually full with the new cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Ok, then it's much better.
    But looking at this list, it seems to be easier to get points on us realms then on eu realms (looking at last week's list). Although i don't know at what time the leaderboards are usually full with the new cap.
    On very populated servers they are "full" (as in require a +16 to hit the spot) around tuesday, if my experience from Draenor EU is of any value.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    We had a thread maybe a month or so ago where we debated pros and cons. Some were just finding out the system (Raider.IO) existed; some used it and liked it, while others hated the idea and called for it to be banned. Some were mostly bothered that not enough scores were reported (especially if you were on high pop server), but Blizz has made adjustments to this. Now that we've all had more time to get used to it, I wondered how players felt today. We won't all agree, and that's ok. Just curious to see.

I will try to include good poll options for most of you, but I'm sure to leave out someone's feelings, so feel free to write those in below.
    Banned? By whom? Like the FCC or Trump or something? Raider.io is an independent website that is not owned or administrated by Blizzard whatsoever. This poll is pointless, as it's 100% inconsequential.

I would also bet money that 99.9% of the people who don't like it are the people who are bad at the game, and can't get into groups because people don't want to carry them. If you want to participate in the highest levels of play and gear, then you're going to need to earn it. And that takes time, research, and dedication.
    Last edited by Ysho; 2018-03-07 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    This poll is pointless, as it's 100% inconsequential.
    This is a fan site for a video game. Everything here is pointless, and 100% insconsequential. As for banning, I wasn't trying to take a poll on whether that should happen, just stating that some people had called for that, which they had. The purpose of the poll was merely to alleviate my boredom at work and to see how people were feeling about the addon a few weeks later, now that we've all had more time to get used to it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    If you want to participate in the highest levels of play and gear, then you're going to need to earn it. And that takes time, research, and dedication.
    11-15 keys aren't "the highest levels of play". That's kind of the point.

I would also bet money that 99.9% of the people who don't like it are the people who are bad at the game
    @Tsharna exhibit a. This is why people love raider.io. It allows them to feel superior to other players.

@Tsharna exhibit a. This is why people love raider.io. It allows them to feel superior to other players.
    No. People love Raider.IO because it allows them to find players with experience in the key they are running. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    No. People love Raider.IO because it allows them to find players with experience in the key they are running. Simple as that.
    Yet people are obsessed with total score rather than the experience in the key they are running. Which is my whole point.

It's entirely possible (and not uncommon) to have 10 or more 15+ clears of the key you are running but still have a low overall score because you haven't gone out of your way to run certain other dungeons.

Raider.io score is calculated and displayed incorrectly if that's the information you are actually looking for. It should display 1. Total number of clears of the key you are doing, and 2. Average score of dungeons completed.

Instead, it shows only the best score of the relevant key, and total scores of all dungeons, with a zero figure recorded for dungeons not completed this season. Why? E-peen.

Would you rather have a person who got carried through that particular +16 once, or someone with 10 or more +15 clears of the dungeon? Well too bad, because raider.io doesn't give you that information. So please stop pretending that's the information you want. What you want is to see your big score and imagine that's how long your dick is.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-03-08 at 04:37 AM.

Yet people are obsessed with total score rather than the experience in the key they are running. Which is my whole point.

It's entirely possible (and not uncommon) to have 10 or more 15+ clears of the key you are running but still have a low overall score because you haven't gone out of your way to run certain other dungeons.

Raider.io score is calculated and displayed incorrectly if that's the information you are actually looking for. It should display 1. Total number of clears of the key you are doing, and 2. Average score of dungeons completed.

Instead, it shows only the best score of the relevant key, and total scores of all dungeons, with a zero figure recorded for dungeons not completed this season. Why? E-peen.

Would you rather have a person who got carried through that particular +16 once, or someone with 10 or more +15 clears of the dungeon? Well too bad, because raider.io doesn't give you that information. So please stop pretending that's the information you want. What you want is to see your big score and imagine that's how long your dick is.
    Project much? Because you surely don't know me if you think that's what I want. In my experience people as quick to judge as you are projecting their own tendencies onto others.

10+ Year Old Account
    should be a median rather than a total score
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I guess for a lot of people, especially on discussion platforms, it's not imaginable that there are players around which doesn't follow the elitist way of wow life. There are still people around which doesn't care about learning their class properly etc. This type of gamer is around since day 0. It's a style they've decided to play, just tolerate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    I guess for a lot of people, especially on discussion platforms, it's not imaginable that there are players around which doesn't follow the elitist way of wow life. There are still people around which doesn't care about learning their class properly etc.
    And yet another tool who thinks low M+ score means bad player.

I have 95% parses in every fight on heroic antorus. I know how to play my class. I have no problem completing M+15s in time. I usually average around 1.8m dps in a typical M+ run at 952 equipped gear level.

The only reason my M+ score is low is because I haven't run Seat, CoEN, Lower Kara, Vault Of The Wardens or Court of Stars this season. I stick to the other 6 dungeons because I know them better and they have better gear for my spec. I don't want to join a high key in a dungeon I am unfamiliar with when playing with strangers.

My M+ score is under 1000 as a result of avoiding 5 dungeons. My score in the remaining 5 dungeons is as good as anyone else. But because raider.io score awards you 0 for dungeons you haven't done, instead of an average, my score looks terrible compared to anyone who's done a single +11 of a dungeon that I haven't.

It's got nothing to do with play ability at all. My best score in VoW is completely irrelevant when applying to an Upper Kara run. Except it's not because the points calculation method is shit.

Raider.io doesn't even tell you how many times the applicant has run the key in question. It only gives information about the best run. So when you get 2 applicants to your upper Kara, 1 who has a raider.io score of 2000 but has only done Upper Kara a single time, or another who's done Upper Kara 10 or more times but has a low score because they haven't done Seat, the information you claim to be useful is actually telling you the opposite of what you want to know.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-03-08 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    To me even that trollish statement of "99.9% of the people who don't like it are the people who are bad at the game" isn't even remotely close to
    calling anyone with a low score terribad drooling shitters
    but I guess you want to read stuff that provides you with proof for your perception and expectation.

You can go to the website to click on whatever dungeon you want to check, it'll show you their recent completions of that dungeon, even showing lower scores. IDK what you'd care about with previous seasons, but you can also look at those on the site. There's even a way with the addon to generate a link to that specific character's page.

It's just showing a simplified, quicker version of the score because that would be a LOT of data to call on constantly for the addon/that's all a lot of players really care about.

Deleted
    So I started pretty late in the expansion, just before ATBT was released (like 3 or 4 weeks before it launched?) and I just didn't have a clue what I was doing in mythic+ half of the time. It was a really awkward spot to be in, because I outgeared lower keys to the extent of not needing to know what I was doing, but absolutely lacked the knowledge to do higher keys.

I was capable of doing a 15, but I couldn't really press higher because I had a knowledge gap. Meanwhile my guildies had been doing these dungeons for the entire expansion and knew what they were doing without issue.

The concept of mythic+ is fun, but unless you're doing the dungeons off the bat it's difficult to catch up. TOS was similar, but by comparison it was a lot less to learn. With mythic+ you have to learn each dungeon, and then the affixes, and then try to synthesize that knowledge together.

I had a relatively low score because the reality was, I wasn't a knowledgeable player in those runs. I don't really know what I could've done to improve that, given the point of the expansion I started.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    You can go to the website to click on whatever dungeon you want to check, it'll show you their recent completions of that dungeon, even showing lower scores.
    Sure you can, but nobody does.

What I'm saying is that if what you truly use raider.io for is to see people's experience with the dungeon key in question, you'd want that information in the actual addon because it's the most pertinent information.

But we know that isn't really what people are using it for. They're using it as a number with which to judge a player's general play skill, as evidenced in this thread.

Sure you can, but nobody does.

What I'm saying is that if what you truly use raider.io for is to see people's experience with the dungeon key in question, you'd want that information in the actual addon because it's the most pertinent information.

But we know that isn't really what people are using it for. They're using it as a number with which to judge a player's general play skill, as evidenced in this thread.
    There has almost always been a system similar to this one. We had gearscore, playerscore, whatever people used for oqueue(never used this one, so IDK what it's scoring was, possibly just ilvl?), now we have raider.io. For most of that logs were publicly available most of the time, but VERY rarely do people ever use them just to fill up their groups.
    It's also fairly rare that one of these systems survives the end of an expansion, so in BFA we may have a completely new system. But just like in the past, if you want easy invites to PuGs you need to play within the system, especially as a DPS. Alternatively you can play with a group of friends, or your guild and ignore the system all together.

And yet another tool who thinks low M+ score means bad player.

I have 95% parses in every fight on heroic antorus . I know how to play my class. I have no problem completing M+15s in time. I usually average around 1.8m dps in a typical M+ run at 952 equipped gear level.

The only reason my M+ score is low is because I haven't run Seat, CoEN, Lower Kara, Vault Of The Wardens or Court of Stars this season. I stick to the other 6 dungeons because I know them better and they have better gear for my spec. I don't want to join a high key in a dungeon I am unfamiliar with when playing with strangers.

My M+ score is under 1000 as a result of avoiding 5 dungeons. My score in the remaining 5 dungeons is as good as anyone else. But because raider.io score awards you 0 for dungeons you haven't done, instead of an average, my score looks terrible compared to anyone who's done a single +11 of a dungeon that I haven't.

It's got nothing to do with play ability at all. My best score in VoW is completely irrelevant when applying to an Upper Kara run. Except it's not because the points calculation method is shit.

Raider.io doesn't even tell you how many times the applicant has run the key in question. It only gives information about the best run. So when you get 2 applicants to your upper Kara, 1 who has a raider.io score of 2000 but has only done Upper Kara a single time, or another who's done Upper Kara 10 or more times but has a low score because they haven't done Seat, the information you claim to be useful is actually telling you the opposite of what you want to know.
    Please link, because that sounds like it was made up by a moron.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2018-03-08 at 09:50 AM.