Thread: Holy gameplay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    That's my point yeah, the alternatives need work. If it were in a more engaging row I'd say it should be slightly worse than the others because it's definitely a bit of a braindead talent, but as it stands so are the others so I'd rather see them leveled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Izulthir View Post
    I really hope they dont make Paladins stationary healers again, its so boring. People who wants to be that should change to Hpriest.
    And let us keep the 2hand hammer, noone wanna look like a protection paladin anyways :-) It feels alot better to smack an enemy across the head with big fricking hammer.
    About the Aoe healing, where are you in need of it? if you cant top your group up with BoV and LoD then you're just bad , sorry to say. yes, we dont have trang. but if you combine Velen trinket with aura of mast ( with sac ) then you're good to go in raids aswell. Its just annoying that people complain about other healers abilities, do you really want everything to be the same ? No thanks.
    Completely agree! Aoe healing is judment of light i wish we had a bit more in deepth gameplay around judment and crusader strike.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I am new to Holy Pala and I can only support the idea of the creator of this thread.
    I have also been playing Rduid all legion long and I love it. I though I might try another, completely different healing class. So I went Hpala. (Doing only mythics, no raids)

The Healing style, as it was back in Lich King is completely gone. I love the way u had a small cheap heal and a big exensive heal (flash of light and holy light it was).
    Now holy light is useless (who would want to cast a spell that takes more time and heals for less, really?)
    Being always in the melee group sux as healer, having bad AOE heal sux, and single target heal isnt even that awesome as I tought. I can heal easily as much with full hots on the tank than having to break my mouse using flash of light with holy shock over and over again.

I dont get the gameplay, maybe its just me, but I am really disappointed. I hope for BFA to be better and give it another try.
    Are you for real? Being in the melee group as healer was freaking AWESOME, we had the biggest AoE Healing CD in the entire freaking game (I loved KJ because of it!) and the single target is quick and cheap and easy and feels so good when it crits (as it should). Staying in melee range bascially made your AoE healing on the tanks and melees for free and super effective (and the ranges have 3 other healers to take care of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Nuniqt View Post
    Uhhh being classified as melee is literally my favorite part of mythic raiding on my pally. Cant be targeted by lile any of the mechanics. We truely are blessed in the light...
    This. Every other boss had me wondering if we can be targeted by anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I loved the very specific part of holy pally gameplay in Legion. He is the only healer spec that has ~90% of instant healing spells. Its very comfortable and satisfying to heal ST or AOE without the need to stand in one place. Add the melee focus+two-hand weapon, and it becomes the very fast paced and diverse healer spec. Honestly, i simply can't play other healers after him. I tried shammy, druid and priest, and got really bored by casting the spells with the cast time, annoyed by the usual requirement to stand in one place to heal someone. After holy paladin gameplay they felt clunky, clumsy and highly mana-dependent.
    Had the same experience. Those caster-healers felt so clunky and slow after being used to costantly dancing around the boss, throwing out instant spells and smacking bosses with my hammer. The only one that feels okay is Disc, but then I've been Disc-main for years, switching from dps to heal and back feels very natural.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    She's easily the worst hero in OW right now, I would not want to have her gameplay merged into Holy Paladin. No thanks, bring back ranged healing please, I hate being classified as melee and fucked over on fights where you need ranged (Mythic Aggramar)
    How did being melee fuck up Aggramar(M)?
    Last edited by Leenaleena; 2018-04-05 at 12:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only way it fucks up aggra or even argus mythic is because you need a.certain amount of players in ranged/melee to bait out the mechanics. Being a pally and laughably immune to things like mechanics puts greater strain on the ranged/melee in the group.

Not impossible, mind you. Just, harder.

Holy pally is seriously one of the strongest healers in game right now for any pve content. To say its cluncky or needs a rework mostly just implys to me you are missing something or favor a different healing style. Adding in avenging crusader baseline would be awesome. Its not for every fight, or every player. But situationally it would be very cool especially if it was reasonably strong enough to be viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladin is in the best shape it has (almost) ever been. I hope they don't mess with us at all for BFA.

I hope they don't change it too much. It performs really well, it's fun to play, and it's the closest thing to ever resemble a Warcraft 3 Paladin with its 2 hander and all that. I do very much welcome the honor talent that is being made part of the standard talent tree. Avenging crusader is really cool, and is going to make melee healing even better.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised nobody is talking about the Aura Of Sacrifice change.

Aura Mastery
    Empowers your chosen aura and increases its radius to [ 40 + 2.5% of Spell Power ] yards for 6 sec.
    Devotion Aura: all affected allies gain [ 20 + 25% of Spell Power ]% damage reduction.
    Aura of Sacrifice: causes 15% of all effective healing you deal to be replicated on all allies in the aura 30% of damage to be redirected to you and reduced by 75%.
    Aura of Mercy: has no target limit and healing increased by [ 100 + 25% of Spell Power ]%.
    Paladin - Holy Spec. Instant.

It's sad because mercy and devo are terribly boring and sac requires you to think about the timing and cds/mana you're investing. On the other hand we're pretty saturated with raid cds, it's not very fun for anyone when the difficult parts are covered by (basically) one button wonders, pretty torn really.

I got my Paladin as far as level 104 this expansion as I just hate levelling as Ret however.. holy at 110 DOES look great to play for all aspects.. Arena, M+, Raids etc... is this actually the case? is the spec massively Leggy dependant or is it pretty much a "LETS GO" from the start? is BfA looking promising? The melee wings is kinda cool for a pewpew point of view I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I got my Paladin as far as level 104 this expansion as I just hate levelling as Ret however.. holy at 110 DOES look great to play for all aspects.. Arena, M+, Raids etc... is this actually the case? is the spec massively Leggy dependant or is it pretty much a "LETS GO" from the start? is BfA looking promising? The melee wings is kinda cool for a pewpew point of view I suppose
    I can’t comment much on pvp as I don’t participate. Holy is always very good in raids. It’s also one of the best m+ healers. It is not at all leggo dependent like resto druids are. However it’s not a “start and go” spec (not many specs are) as it requires a fair amount of crit to feel good (around 40-50% is good).

Overall, we’re very good in pve. I don’t think we’re too amazing in pvp from what I’ve heard and seen but any healer can be viable in 3s realistically.

In terms of BfA, we have a nice talent tree it just feels disorganized. The recent AoS change was bad (changing AoS is fine, but the result is the bad part) and Divine purpose being on the same row as our beacons is not good. Overall we have good talents but that’s about all we know. There’s been some nice datamined azerite traits but we don’t know more than that. Hpal is always promising though and will continue to be as long as beacons are around.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I can’t comment much on pvp as I don’t participate. Holy is always very good in raids. It’s also one of the best m+ healers. It is not at all leggo dependent like resto druids are. However it’s not a “start and go” spec (not many specs are) as it requires a fair amount of crit to feel good (around 40-50% is good).

Overall, we’re very good in pve. I don’t think we’re too amazing in pvp from what I’ve heard and seen but any healer can be viable in 3s realistically.

In terms of BfA, we have a nice talent tree it just feels disorganized. The recent AoS change was bad (changing AoS is fine, but the result is the bad part) and Divine purpose being on the same row as our beacons is not good. Overall we have good talents but that’s about all we know. There’s been some nice datamined azerite traits but we don’t know more than that. Hpal is always promising though and will continue to be as long as beacons are around.
    Appreciate the response thanks bud. I'll get the Pally to 110 and play it. To be honest the most enjoyable healer I've found is actually MW Monk for all aspects, such an entertaining spec!

With BfA coming out in Aug I hope they start to fix/rotate some of the talents as yeah Pally looks a little messy talent choice wise along with a few other specs I'm looking at.