Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Going to state the obvious that should not need to be said:

Chargebacks happen all the time from normal functioning adults with many other products. Why? Because people change their minds, or they find out something about the product later they don't like, they find a better deal, or any number of reasons.

And it's not that $45.-60. is such as big deal to some people (though it is to others). It's the principle of it - are you just going to let someone have your money for nothing and walk away? That's fine if you're Bill Gates but most average incomes cannot afford to do that.

Ask Blizz if they'll change their minds and let you have a title or xpac for free. Then get laughed out of the room.

Grow the fuck up, get off Blizzes knob and get real.
    1. not all shops allow refunds after you have opened or used the product, most shops as long as its unopened will allow a refund, but if you open and use the product, they wont allways refund you.
    2. chargebacks dont happen when you buy food, eat a quater then say "its perfectly fine i just dont like it"
    3. no this is the real world, you are not protected from at any time getting your money back for a product unless it is broken or spoiled... and even then if you dont return it early enough.
    4. for example places like steam WILL NOT refund you an item, pretty much garunteed if you have played it for more then 2 hours, after that tough luck buddy.
    5. if you are willing to pre-order that money is no longer yours, you have paid ahead of time, that money is gone... its like ordering a pizza, then when they are at the door saying you no longer want the product and you want your money back... ffs..

No you need to grow up, you are saying "yeah no chargeback, fuck the company you paid but you want your money back now after using the product, that is the adult world"

no the adult world owes you NOTHING, and very few places will give you a refund after you have used the product.
    once you make a purchase that money is no longer yours, pre-order or not, if you wish to get a refund on something, you should not use the product first, and also you need to have some common fucking curiosity, for example ordering pizza's then refusing the pay.

You think because "i changed my mind" you have the right to tell the pizza boy at the door to give you back your money and leave? Oh yeah but i mean... let me have a slice or two first... then i refuse to pay for this pizza!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    I wonder what type of person you have to be to employ such desperate measures as a chargeback after you have willingly purchased a pre-order. Is 45 or 60$ that much of a deal for you? If it is, then why would you preorder an expansion in the first place? More to the point, why would you play a subscription-based game when there are so many other f2p MMOs?

Doing a chargeback because 'you changed your mind' is a very bullshit move and I hope the people who do it will enjoy having their characters, on which they potentially invested a lot of time, locked over a mere 45 or 60$. How about you are become a normal functioning adult and stand by your decisions?
    Same kind of person who would do this
    "Hi i want a buffalo chicken pizza, ok thanks i will pay online"
    *Pizza delivery guy shows up.*
    "Alright let me have a few slices well i sign for this pizza.*
    *The person then eats 2 pieces of the pizza*
    "I changed my mind, i want my money back, i dont like buffalo chicken pizza, and if you dont refund me i will put a bad review on yelp."
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-04-01 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You think because "i changed my mind" you have the right to tell the pizza boy at the door to give you back your money and leave? Oh yeah but i mean... let me have a slice or two first... then i refuse to pay for this pizza!
    Everytime this argument is used in discussion about refunding of digital product, one very sad kitty die...seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Everytime this argument is used in discussion about refunding of digital product, one very sad kitty die...seriously.
    Why is that? You purchased a product and used part of said product.
    If you pre-purchase a product like this, and didnt use the boost or unlock allied race, sure all good, feel free to refund, you bought a product, did not use it, refunded it.
    But buyying a product, using it then refunding it cause "you changed your mind"
    people have a right atleast for sure digitally to refund something they do not use, as its digital it does not "take damage" and can be resold easily.
    But using a product then wishing to return it because you changed your mind...

You can do a charge back from your CC company. Your account will get banned but if you wanted to quit paying it it shouldn't really matter to you anyway.

Why is that? You purchased a product and used part of said product.
    If you pre-purchase a product like this, and didnt use the boost or unlock allied race, sure all good, feel free to refund, you bought a product, did not use it, refunded it.
    But buyying a product, using it then refunding it cause "you changed your mind"
    people have a right atleast for sure digitally to refund something they do not use, as its digital it does not "take damage" and can be resold easily.
    But using a product then wishing to return it because you changed your mind...
    Here is a thing. At least in EU, you can cancel your preorder anytime. Yes, if you got some digital content as preorder bonus, it is not so easy, however in most EU countries, consumer protection applies even in this case, so as long as company can't prove, it is all speculative, pre-order has to be canceled and money returned.

Again, in EU preorders have their own specific laws, no way around it and part with the pizza is just not comparable. Pizza can't be pre-ordered.. just ordered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here is a thing. At least in EU, you can cancel your preorder anytime. Yes, if you got some digital content as preorder bonus, it is not so easy, however in most EU countries, consumer protection applies even in this case, so as long as company can't prove, it is all speculative, pre-order has to be canceled and money returned.

Again, in EU preorders have their own specific laws, no way around it and part with the pizza is just not comparable. Pizza can't be pre-ordered.. just ordered.
    correct, even in the us (from my understanding) pre-orders are allowed to be refunded UNLESS the pre-order includes early things, like such, and before people try to twist this into "wow blizz putting loopholes" lots of games do this, simply to stop these shenanigans, as there is ways to fuck with banks doing this. for example nintendo and their new splatoon 2 expansion, you get some splatoon 2 clothes the moment you purchase.

So yes well you are protected to a pre-order, if you buy a pre-order that comes with stuff right away, you have PURCHASED a product, with promise of more product later, so you are no longer pre-ordering, you are purchasing content, with more content coming later.
    well then here better exmaple, you buy a pack of condoms.
    You use 2, then try to return the other 10 cause "i changed my mind" not because something was wrong, just because you changed your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is weird, I asked for a refund on the WoD preorder when they announced that Karabor would not be a capital in a silly tweet (I was a bit . . . angry at that) and I got my refund immediately with no fuss and no questions asked.
    But this is EU and we actually have consumer protection on this side of the Atlantic
    because locking a charecter you boosted is much easier then lociking a boosted toon, removing acheivments, and locking allied race charecters.

also had you used your boost?

So yes well you are protected to a pre-order, if you buy a pre-order that comes with stuff right away, you have PURCHASED a product,
    This is just not true according EU law. You pre-ordered game, not purchased anything. And yes, companies are making it a bit harder with all this digital crap and bonuses but still, until point of the release, it is pre-order and it is dealt as such.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    When I cancelled my WoD preorder the warlock I had used the boost on was locked and I no longer had the collectibles. I still got my money back
    i see, thats good.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just not true according EU law. You pre-ordered game, not purchased anything. And yes, companies are making it a bit harder with all this digital crap and bonuses but still, until point of the release, it is pre-order and it is dealt as such.
    Welp, they deliver on US law, so you purchased a level 60 boost, and allied races with the promise of an expansion in a few months, you did not pre-order the expansion.
    You used the boost+allied races, you cant refund them.
    but sadly that is not how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    I want a refund on my ice-cream that i have already eaten.
    I'm sorry, but this sums it up completely.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    ...*snip

Jesus christ, what a shill.

Pizza is not pixels or a game, as others have said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually it isn't a pre-order. It is a pre-purchase. There is a distinction though there might not be a clear one under the law. This is why the refund policy is different then in the past because you are purchasing the product rather then putting a deposit down.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ, what a shill.

Pizza is not pixels or a game, as others have said.
    and how so? it is a product you purchased, consumed part of, then asked for a refund, it is like every and any product, if you consume part of a product, you are not rightfully garunteed a refund.

but hey you're the sheep here.

Chargebacks happen all the time from normal functioning adults with many other products.
    Uhh no, a chargeback should only happen in a really shit situation where YOU got screwed and can't solve it any other way. That's why the exist, not for moron's to scam preorder bonuses out of companies for free.

If any normal functioning adult has to regularly use charge backs they're not normal or functioning. I have had to do one, one in my entire 33 year life, and that was only because the company went bankrupt and had no CS to contact.

Anyways for anyone who does do a charge back on blizzard, enjoy your account being locked until you pay back the money you owe them.

You can't be that dense, are you? lol

I see a person jump off a cliff. He hits the bottom and dies.

Do I also need to jump as he did to know it's about 100% chance to kill me too, or is simple observation enough?

Thanks for playing, Skippy.
    SO far had an awesome time in Legion, having an awesome time in BFA Alpha, I jumped off the cliff and lived perfectly fine I was just smart enough to use a hangglider while doing it......this glider has been fun AF so far.....too bad you listen to whiny streamers that are doing it to get views......Glad you have become that streamers product......or worse you are that streamer trying to get views.

and how so? it is a product you purchased, consumed part of, then asked for a refund, it is like every and any product, if you consume part of a product, you are not rightfully garunteed a refund.

but hey you're the sheep here.
    Caeolela's entire argument is basically it's a digital item there's no actual physical item to have to repackage and sell therefore consumers should have the right to get a refund whenever they want and the producers just have to suck it because capitalism and if you disagree with him then you're just a corporate/Blizzard shill. There's no logic or reason to what he says. Just look at his avatar and sig.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Actually it isn't a pre-order. It is a pre-purchase. There is a distinction though there might not be a clear one under the law. This is why the refund policy is different then in the past because you are purchasing the product rather then putting a deposit down.
    Maybe you are right, but I made quick check - I didn't found term "pre-purchase" in EU laws. Are you sure this is a thing in EU? Purchase, pre-order, order and early access are all defined but not pre-purchase. Did I miss it?

Welp, they deliver on US law, so you purchased a level 60 boost, and allied races with the promise of an expansion in a few months, you did not pre-order the expansion.
    You used the boost+allied races, you cant refund them.
    but sadly that is not how it works
    If you are selling in EU, EU laws applies, no matter where the company is. They can't sell based on US laws. That's just not possible.

In fact, they can deny refund of your pre-order for whatever reason, as long as customer wont make a legal move. At this stage, they have to obey laws of country, where that particular pre-order was made.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you are right, but I made quick check - I didn't found term "pre-purchase" in EU laws. Are you sure this is a thing in EU? Purchase, pre-order, order and early access are all defined but not pre-purchase. Did I miss it?

If you are selling in EU, EU laws applies, no matter where the company is. They can't sell based on US laws. That's just not possible.

In fact, they can deny refund of your pre-order for whatever reason, as long, as customer wont make a legal move. At this stage, they have to obey laws of country, where that particular pre-order was made.
    alright, so if they are breaking the law sue them. You are implying they are breaking the law of Eu by refusing to give a refund, if you really think they are speak to a lawyer and become a millionaire. if they are really SO BLATANTLY BREAKING THE LAW like you say they are, then sue them man, become fucking rich, if i believed they were breaking the law by refusing me a refund i would sue them.

but please sir, if you are such a tool that you beleive they are easily and so obviously breaking the law, fucking do something about it. If they were so obviously breaking a law, no matter of lawyers could get the court on their side.

Going to state the obvious that should not need to be said:

Chargebacks happen all the time from normal functioning adults with many other products. Why? Because people change their minds, or they find out something about the product later they don't like, they find a better deal, or any number of reasons.

And it's not that $45.-60. is such as big deal to some people (though it is to others). It's the principle of it - are you just going to let someone have your money for nothing and walk away? That's fine if you're Bill Gates but most average incomes cannot afford to do that.

Ask Blizz if they'll change their minds and let you have a title or xpac for free. Then get laughed out of the room.

Grow the fuck up, get off Blizzes knob and get real.
    I think you have mistakenly used the word 'adult' in your post instead of 'teenager.' How can you call yourself an adult when you make a conscious decision to buy a pre-order, knowing it'll arrive more than half a year later, and that the refund terms on the pre-order page explicitly state:

You can contact us for a refund of the Battle for Azeroth prepurchase any time before the expansion launches as long as you have not:

Used the included Level 110 Boost
    Fully unlocked the ability to create an Allied Race character

It may take several days for funds to be credited back to the original payment method.
    Let me guess: You are one of those massively entitled people who cba to read a few lines of text, and then blame the company for punishing your ignorance. You know how that saying goes. "A fool and his money are easily parted."

I mean....is that so complicated to understand? If you haven't used the boost or unlocked allied races, blizzard will, of course, refund you. If not, then you do not quality for a refund.
    Last edited by Sinitar; 2018-04-02 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh no, a chargeback should only happen in a really shit situation where YOU got screwed and can't solve it any other way. That's why the exist, not for moron's to scam preorder bonuses out of companies for free.

If any normal functioning adult has to regularly use charge backs they're not normal or functioning. I have had to do one, one in my entire 33 year life, and that was only because the company went bankrupt and had no CS to contact.

Anyways for anyone who does do a charge back on blizzard, enjoy your account being locked until you pay back the money you owe them.
    You'll be lucky if you can unlock the account even if you pay them later. A chargeback is a pretty serious thing for any business, even one as large as Blizzard. Enough of them and banks will simply stop doing business with the company.

But yeah, if you resort to a chargeback, Blizzard can and WILL retaliate by lawfully locking your account(read your EULA and ToS).