Poll: Is this sign fair?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is this sign fair?

Is this sign fair?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn’t it be? No one wants stinky people sinking up there business.

Is weed legal wherever that sign is? If it isn't, that sign is more than fair. If it is... Well, I'd say it's still fair not to want your store to stink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why wouldn’t it be? No one wants stinky people sinking up there business.
    It doesn't affect me either way, but this specifically targets marijuana, which is why I thought this was a compelling enough question to ask here. As some have stated on this issue, what about cigarettes.

No, a St. Louis IHOP isn’t refusing to serve guests who smell like marijuana
    A photo that’s gone viral this week claims to show an IHOP restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri with a sign on its door that warns diners it will not serve or seat guests who smell of marijuana.
    In fact, the photo is over a year old and the restaurant welcomes all guests “without judgement, an IHOP spokesperson tells The Cannabist.
    The sign was actually posted by one franchised restaurant in St. Louis over a year ago, IHOP spokesperson Stephanie Peterson said via email. The IHOP at 10910 New Halls Ferry Road, St. Louis, removed the sign almost immediately.
    “I’m sure at the time someone at the restaurant had good intentions and was likely trying to honor a guest request,” she said. “This is not system-wide or a policy and is outdated signage. The brand and our franchisees are all about welcoming guests in without judgement.”

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is MJ legal in that state? If it is, then would they allow someone that reeked of cig. smoke? If they would, then no. It's not fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Is weed legal wherever that sign is? If it isn't, that sign is more than fair. If it is... Well, I'd say it's still fair not to want your store to stink.
    Then why ask it is legal where the sign is printed if you find it fair in either event?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Why not? I have never smoked weed, so I do not know bad it smells. But I know I do not like sitting next to heavy cigarette smokers when we eat out. They reek of old tobacco stains.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'd agree if they had it be if you stink. Selecting one odor over another seems odd. My neighbor smells like cow shit mid day if he were to go to ihop I'd have more problem with him in the room than someone who smells like weed.

Why wouldn't it be... ?

They can refuse based on you not wearing a tie if they want ... so why not if you smell poorly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL I want to hear the story behind the sign. Have they actually had customers that stank of weed THAT much?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    It doesn't affect me either way, but this specifically targets marijuana, which is why I thought this was a compelling enough question to ask here. As some have stated on this issue, what about cigarettes.
    It doesn’t target marijuana it targets people who smell of it. Change your cloths take a bath you won’t stink there won’t be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sure. Why not? I have never smoked weed, so I do not know bad it smells. But I know I do not like sitting next to heavy cigarette smokers when we eat out. They reek of old tobacco stains.
    I've been in a hotel at Blizzcon where we could smell it coming from another room. It smells bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It doesn’t target marijuana it targets people who smell of it. Change your cloths take a bath you won’t stink there won’t be a problem.
    It targets marijuana because there are other odors someone could smell of, this specifically names marijuana. Why not simply say if you have a strong odor that disturbs this establishment you'll be asked to leave?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but as a cigarette smoker it seems unfair. We smell just as bad if not worse lul

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No, a St. Louis IHOP isn’t refusing to serve guests who smell like marijuana
    A photo that’s gone viral this week claims to show an IHOP restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri with a sign on its door that warns diners it will not serve or seat guests who smell of marijuana.
    In fact, the photo is over a year old and the restaurant welcomes all guests “without judgement, an IHOP spokesperson tells The Cannabist.
    The sign was actually posted by one franchised restaurant in St. Louis over a year ago, IHOP spokesperson Stephanie Peterson said via email. The IHOP at 10910 New Halls Ferry Road, St. Louis, removed the sign almost immediately.
    “I’m sure at the time someone at the restaurant had good intentions and was likely trying to honor a guest request,” she said. “This is not system-wide or a policy and is outdated signage. The brand and our franchisees are all about welcoming guests in without judgement.”
    I guess that's the end of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL I want to hear the story behind the sign. Have they actually had customers that stank of weed THAT much?
    This might help you out a little bit if you are curious

https://www.thecannabist.co/2018/03/...nation/100735/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Pretend someone set a bin full of very used sweatsocks on fire, and you get the idea.

I mean, the smell gives me a severe headache and nausea so I can understand not wanting it in your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I guess that's the end of this thread.
    Not really, because the question is about is the sign fair. Which is why the report wasn't post along with it, not because it can't be googled, but because I was curious what the consensus would be.

Because I am sure it's very likely someone somewhere else might like the idea own their own establishment and put sign up.