Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    While I was there, they were handing out anti-Reagan flyers on a regular basis. I don't remember anybody threatening to burn their store down over Reagan.
    Setting politics aside, regardless of affiliation Reagan had charisma and was likable. Trump's charisma manifests as Twitter Tantrums and is likable only if you're into empty rhetoric, hate & fear pandering, and constant pointless lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    True, but they were handing out stuff targeting Trump's administration specifically. And a fair number of Trump voters are also anti-establishment, that was a big factor in why they voted for him. Its just a different skew on anti-establishment, and given the protesters I would bank on the anti-Trump rhetoric in particular being the primary motivator.

In other words, a redneck and a communist.
    The big difference being that trumpers thin they are anti-establishment.. while supporting the establishment.

I miss Chez Panisse.
    Sadly I never had an opportunity to go there. When I lived in Berkeley I was a poor college student and couldn't afford a fancy french dinner.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It is deflecting though...
    It would be if I tried to justify the action of these individuals, which I do not. In fact I strongly disagree with them. Is this clear enough?

It was relevant to point both side as I was pointing out that Berkeley seems to become a battleground of extremes. But that’s another point entirely. My opinion on this event was clear when I spoke of extremism.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The big difference being that trumpers thin they are anti-establishment.. while supporting the establishment.
    I would amend my statement to 'anti-current-establishment', those with a dim view of the government in general who buy Trump's "I'm the populist firebrand outsider!" sales pitch.

Do we know if that goober has a YouTube channel? I bet he does, he's trying to get likes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Chez Panisse.
    I miss them too, but as long as Bette's Oceanside is around, Berkeley will endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    It would be if I tried to justify the action of these individuals, which I do not. In fact I strongly disagree with them. Is this clear enough?

It was relevant to point both side as I was pointing out that Berkeley seems to become a battleground of extremes. But that’s another point entirely. My opinion on this event was clear when I spoke of extremism.
    It's not at all a bunch of dumb people were being dumb bring in the both sides are equal thing was unnecessary.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The still shot of that dude in the YouTube video couldn't be more of a stereotypical redneck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It's not at all a bunch of dumb people were being dumb bring in the both sides are equal thing was unnecessary.
    Unnecessary in your eyes, but creating a thread for this would’ve been pretty stupid. So this thread was the best spot to point that berkeley is breeding extremism on both side, more so than the other parts of the US.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Nobody reads books anymore, don't these guys realize everything is on the internet now? That's why the Left has taken to censorship via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and other social media platforms.

If these guys want to be fascists, they should learn from the Leftists today of the U.S. and Europe.

Having watched that incident all thats missing is the banjo and the porch
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Nobody reads books anymore, don't these guys realize everything is on the internet now? That's why the Left has taken to censorship via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and other social media platforms.

If these guys want to be fascists, they should learn from the Leftists today of the U.S. and Europe.
    Didn't you learn the last time you tried peddling this bullshit...and got banned for it? Violating Terms of Service on a social media platform that one agrees to when signing up is not censorship. No private entity has to give a platform to hateful or false content.

And it's cute that you keep thinking Fascism is a left wing ideology when its entire definition is right-wing authoritarianism. The Left side equal is National Communism which I've yet to see anyone push for.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2018-03-10 at 01:28 AM.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Uhm, can you make public arson threats like that w/o being visited by the authorities?
    Generally-speaking, any kind of public threat like that will get you a visit from the boys in blue, if only to ensure you aren't serious about it. That, in this case, they were also stupid enough to record themselves and upload the threat to YouTube definitely means they'll be getting a visit from the local cops now that it's in the news and going viral.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Have any evidence to back this up? And fascism isn't left wing, it is right wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Uhm, can you make public arson threats like that w/o being visited by the authorities?
    I mean considering it happened plenty when people didn't want someone to speak there and I'm pretty sure they heads at Berkeley were saying they didn't want any arrests for those people who actually did cause property damage.

How the hell did you pivot from "nobody reads books anymore" to "the left is fascists" in your mind. I honestly want to understand the logic that lead to this rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Have any evidence to back this up? And fascism isn't left wing, it is right wing.
    Tell that to the current "left" who use fascist tactics in their rhetoric. Silencing opposition, intimidating opposition, threatening and acting out on violence on the opposition. Antifa and BLM are pretty damn fascist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    How the hell did you pivot from "nobody reads books anymore" to "the left is fascists" in your mind. I honestly want to understand the logic that lead to this rofl.
    More like certain factions are. Problem is those factions are the loudest and most listened to on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    More like certain factions are. Problem is those factions are the loudest and most listened to on the left.
    I don't give a shit about this, I want to know how that poster connected "nobody reads books anymore" to that talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Didn't you learn the last time you tried peddling this bullshit...and got banned for it? Violating Terms of Service on a social media platform that one agrees to when signing up is not censorship. No private entity has to give a platform to hateful or false content.

And it's cute that you keep thinking Fascism is a left wing ideology when its entire definition is right-wing authoritarianism. The Left side equal is National Communism which I've yet to see anyone push for.
    You do realize that the definition of censoring does NOT exclude private entities.

Censor-to examine in order to suppress (see suppress 2) or delete anything considered objectionable

So while it doesn't violate free speech, a private organization is in fact censoring if they remove something they don't like.