Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Definitely see the lighter hair colors and non-tentacle hairstyles coming (the blonde/brown/black/white/reds people ask for don't have to be similar to BEs at all), but on the paladin front it probably will be a long while.

Most likely it isn't on the table until they start doing the customization specific racial/heritage quests they mentioned for the new options down the line.
    Didn't somebody show some hairstyles with Kul Tiran/Human hair palettes? That looked good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I can see lighter hair colors and maybe some more non-tentacle hairstyles (or a toggle to turn on/off tentacles on hairstyles that have them) but not sure about paladins, tbh.
    I really want a toggle for the tentacles. As has been shown, the Void Elf hairstyles with the tentacles toggled off look really nice. They'd look even nicer with a broader option of colors.

Void Elf Hairstyles without the tentacles:

CLICK TO ENBIGGEN!

Void Elf hair with more traditional colors:

Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-08-14 at 04:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't somebody show some hairstyles with Kul Tiran/Human hair palettes? That looked good to me.
    Yeah I think it was @Kyriani, the Human/Kul'Tiran hairstyles and hair colors would go amazingly well with Void/High Elves!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I really want a toggle for the tentacles. As has been shown, the Void Elf hairstyles with the tentacles toggled off look really nice. They'd look even nicer with a broader option of colors.

CLICK TO ENBIGGEN!
    Would love to have the bottom left two hairstyles without tentacles on my male High Elf !

I also enjoy how those more traditional hair colors can evoke the blondes/browns/reds/grays/whites/blacks without having to copy any of the existing Blood Elf hair colors.

Yeah I think it was @Kyriani, the Human/Kul'Tiran hairstyles and hair colors would go amazingly well with Void/High Elves!

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to have the bottom left two hairstyles without tentacles on my male High Elf !
    While I did post these images, they were created by Talendrion (Who I believe is MyWholeLifeIsThunder on these forums)

7+ Year Old Account
    While I did post these images, they were created by Talendrion (Who I belive is MyWholeLifeIsThunder on these forums)
    Indeed!! Love the man's work

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm surprised no one seemed to talk about the new ear options. I always found the long ears clipping through helm so stupid, so having short ear option is very appreciated.
    Can finally make Lord of the Rings style elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Can finally make Lord of the Rings style elves!
    The short eyebrow option is still missing, but one step at a time. I'm sure we'll have that option eventually. I am patient, I can wait.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The short eyebrow option is still missing, but one step at a time. I'm sure we'll have that option eventually. I am patient, I can wait.
    Oh yeah, I forgot the huge pointy eyebrows. lol Ditto.

CLICK TO ENBIGGEN!

Void Elf hair with more traditional colors:
    Yes. All of that looks good and it means Blood Elves keep their own colors while still giving Void Elves some nice High Elfy haircolors that almost makes them seem more Alliancy than if they just straight up got Blood Elf haircolors, lol.

While I did post these images, they were created by Talendrion (Who I believe is MyWholeLifeIsThunder on these forums)
    ;D

- - - Updated - - -

I also enjoy how those more traditional hair colors can evoke the blondes/browns/reds/grays/whites/blacks without having to copy any of the existing Blood Elf hair colors.
    Yes. All of that looks good and it means Blood Elves keep their own colors while still giving Void Elves some nice High Elfy haircolors that almost makes them seem more Alliancy than if they just straight up got Blood Elf haircolors, lol.

Fun fact about those colors, they are the KulTiran hair colors! Interestingly, they have very similar textures, with the KT hair colors having the VE metal bangle in there for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    there's no confirmations that they trained before the Third War, the most probability is that they trained in Stormwind post-Third War. The only one confirmed so far is Mehlar Dawnblade and Arator (at least he became a Paladin only after a few years after the Second War where there's around 14 years gap between Second War and Third War)

edit: wait no nvm, Arator's age is really inconsistent with different media and sources. Scratch that, it's just Mehlar it is
    Oh yeah, I'm just pointing out the overall numbers. Also to be honest, I don't think whether HE's had paladins before or after the Third War is that relevant to "should they be paladins now?"

To me the issue is that neither before, nor after the Third War, High Elves have just not being defined by their ability to be paladins so IMO it could really go either way.

Like on a personal note, I'd like a HE paladin, but even then I'd rather VE/HE were given IDK shaman -and that does mean building a whole new cultural background for that, so it is harder, but that's who we get tidesages and prelates- because then it gives them a unique combo no other elf has.

But for real, having the Void Elves learn "shamanism" from the KulTiran Tidesages because of their Void connection -like an exchange where VE's teach the Tidesages how to control the Void whispers they might still suffer from as well- throw in a reference -or appareance- of Highvale Elves using shamanism and we'd get a solid base for Alliance Thalassians using shamanism.

Blood elf jewelry really looks great with Void Elf racial armor !

Which is why Blizzard should give void elves those jewels. Void elves are, after all, former blood elves. Why would a blood elf abandon their finely-crafted and elegant jewelry just because they were touched by the Void?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Which is why Blizzard should give void elves those jewels. Void elves are, after all, former blood elves. Why would a blood elf abandon their finely-crafted and elegant jewelry just because they were touched by the Void?
    Void Elves just need purple and blue crystals instead of green and red.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Void Elves just need purple and blue crystals instead of green and red.
    Why? Adding green and red jewels on top of purple and blue wouldn't hurt anyone.

Why? Adding green and red jewels on top of purple and blue wouldn't hurt anyone.
    I'd say gold and purple and silver and blue as two options if they do end up adding this jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Oh yeah, I'm just pointing out the overall numbers. Also to be honest, I don't think whether HE's had paladins before or after the Third War is that relevant to "should they be paladins now?"

To me the issue is that neither before, nor after the Third War, High Elves have just not being defined by their ability to be paladins so IMO it could really go either way.

Like on a personal note, I'd like a HE paladin, but even then I'd rather VE/HE were given IDK shaman -and that does mean building a whole new cultural background for that, so it is harder, but that's who we get tidesages and prelates- because then it gives them a unique combo no other elf has.

But for real, having the Void Elves learn "shamanism" from the KulTiran Tidesages because of their Void connection -like an exchange where VE's teach the Tidesages how to control the Void whispers they might still suffer from as well- throw in a reference -or appareance- of Highvale Elves using shamanism and we'd get a solid base for Alliance Thalassians using shamanism.
    I would hate it if blizzard off handly threw in new class options for races.. maybe I'm just a traditionalists, but I think they should do it properly.

I'd much rather have an adapted class for elf shaman than them "learning" shamanism from any other race. When you break shamanism down, it's just harnessing the elements to do a bunch of things, elves are great at the arcane and can generate their own elements using the arcane, they don't need to employ elementals to do so, however they do know how to bind elementals to do their bidding or make use of them, whether they are sensitive to the balance of the elements or not would be based on the elf, the art centred around elemental balance wouldn't be necessary for the elves. It is for shamanistic races who can only wield elemental magic via the elementals they enter pacts with, and so need to be sensitive to their state, an elven elemental wielder wouldn't necessarily need that. So his behaviour would be entirely based on his principles or his order's principles.

Shamanistic races do tend to have a respect for the elements and balance intrinsic, regardless of whether the source is elemental entreating or not.

I'm fine with elves getting shaman, just let it be something that ifts their lore and makes sense for them, not "hey we learnt it off x,y,z" which is the lazy way out.

But hey, it's like asking blizzard for depth on anything... wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Blood elf jewelry really looks great with Void Elf racial armor !
    That looks too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Im joking. Cosplaying as a helf is the best we can do right now. Hopefully those new customizations they've mentioned coming over the next few weeks involve normal hair colors and MAYBE paladins for velfs.
    The customization options are complete though.

What your talking about is conjuration, which is a substance of arcane magical practices and doesn't equate to any form of playable elven shamans.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

why not Void Elf Druid in the form of Emerald Nightmare tamer? they could bend it to their will and greatly help control it to further better their relations with the Night Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.