Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    If 10.0 is any good I'm looking forward to leveling a High Elf for it. Either a hunter or a warrior. Might use that black hair color, it was what I was looking forward too as well. I think i'd like a Void Knight if they do a class skin thing instead of new classes or specs but yeah, paladins were never much of a high elf thing. Liadrin was like one of the first thalassian paladins catalyzed by the collapse of Quel'thalas. We have like a Silver Covenant paladin npc purely made for gameplay and like... Arator on the High Elf side? I can't think of any other other ones other than the one who was a squire for Uther but he's a blood elf now so *shrug*.
    the first and only paladin high elf before the invasion of arhas is mehlar dawnblade

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Wow you hate being wrong don't you. That article clearly says how high elves had pallies in their ranks.

Just cuz a loud group of players actually think they're playing dwarves from the hinterlands doesn't make them right. Makes them delusional outside of rping
    No, I'm glad being right and even more so when it's people like you arguing against me being right to the point that they'll literally go against Blizzard's very intentions to assert their half-baked viewpoints. :^)

Right, I'm off. But continue doing this so that the rest of the thread can have something to laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's literally framed as they found a huge light fueled chandelier they might suck on, and they did.

"Quel'thalas had paladins" is really just your headcanon. They did have light users such as the Royal Guard that ended up joining the Blood Knights, but we also know evidently that the Royal Guard became Blood Elves.
    Then you should read up on that wowpedia article I linked too...

- - - Updated - - -

Look ill humor you guys. Let's say old school elves really didn't have pallies in their ranks, which is bs, but for the sake of the argument let's just say you're right.

Modern day elves do have paladins in their ranks. Velvet originally came from silver moon and had access to every single class that belves had minus paladins and dks.

They can be dks now due to the updated scenario that's chronologically appropriate. Yet still no paladins.

So one more time.....

WHY CANT I MAKE A HIGH ELF PALADIN????

Then you should read up on that wowpedia article I linked too...
    Okay let's give it a look, let's see what it actually says. Drop the link again.

Cause looking at "Paladin Races", you get
    "High elf paladins are rare, but do exist. Rulen Lightsreap and Champion Isimode are two such paladin serving the Silver Covenant, in Dalaran's Silver Enclave and the Argent Tournament Grounds respectively"

It's literally framed as they found a huge light fueled chandelier they might suck on, and they did.

"Quel'thalas had paladins" is really just your headcanon. They did have light users such as the Royal Guard that ended up joining the Blood Knights, but we also know evidently that the Royal Guard became Blood Elves.
    the only high elf paladin before wc3 is mehlar. Liadrin is actually very happy that Mehlar joined the Blood Kinght because he would show them how to be paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, I'm glad being right and even more so when it's people like you arguing against me being right to the point that they'll literally go against Blizzard's very intentions to assert their half-baked viewpoints. :^)

Right, I'm off. But continue doing this so that the rest of the thread can have something to laugh at.
    I've had a logical counter argument to everything you've said. You just choose to ignore it. But cool np, you do you.

There may be high elves paladins in the alliance after all I think there is some high elf npc who is paladin.
    I think it would be weird for someone with void customization to be a paladin, there should be some way to pin that class to customization

Look ill humor you guys. Let's say old school elves really didn't have pallies in their ranks, which is bs, but for the sake of the argument let's just say you're right.

Modern day elves do have paladins in their ranks. Velvet originally came from silver moon and had access to every single class that belves had minus paladins and dks.

They can be dks now due to the updated scenario that's chronologically appropriate. Yet still no paladins.

So one more time.....

WHY CANT I MAKE A HIGH ELF PALADIN????
    Dude we have given you reasons already:

-Paladins are a restricted Class, with only 8 races being able to be so.

-It doesn't matter of BE's could be paladins; THOSE lost the ability to be so when they became Void Elves.

-Modern Day Alliance High Elves literally have 2 Paladins. Night Elves too.

Why WOULD High Elves be able to be paladins over other races like Kul Tirans, Night Elves or Gnomes? Paladin as a class is a cultural exception, not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    You were the first person that I thought of once I saw the black hair finally coming.

Meanwhile, I really wanted a true white, as the Nightborne has, but I'm not going to complain, I'm not even playing, after all, but I'm really happy for you guys. I did my best on the official forums for two years straight (2017-2019), and I'm happy to see this community finally being heard somehow.

In 9.1.5 the High Elf vibe will finally be somewhat achievable.
    Yes! Black hair has been my primary goal all this time! It's the last thing I needed to finish my character concept! ^_^

My next forum avatar will not require any photoshop!

-It doesn't matter of BE's could be paladins; THOSE lost the ability to be so when they became Void Elves.

Why WOULD High Elves be able to be paladins over other races like Kul Tirans, Night Elves or Gnomes? Paladin as a class is a cultural exception, not the norm.
    Races aren't restricted to paladins because balance....

Their restricted because being a paladin is being a light zealot who's infused with light. Not every race fits that bill.

Velves were belves from silver moon who had access to all their classes but not paladins and dks for very very obvious reasons.

U got dks no since the updated scenario.

But still no paladins because velves physically cannot be paladins. Which means you're not actually a pure elf even if you LOOK like it.

my full support to the night elves paladins and blood elves botanist

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    There may be high elves paladins in the alliance after all I think there is some high elf npc who is paladin.
    I think it would be weird for someone with void customization to be a paladin, there should be some way to pin that class to customization
    I don't think void elves will ever get the paladin class, but if they do, I wouldn't be shocked if Blizzard made the class appear under a different name for them, renamed the spells and changed the visuals to be blue-black like other void spells. After that they might give a glyph to make them look holy. But in the unlikely event that paladins ever happen for void elves, I'd wager they'd be canonically void empowered, not light.

But I don't work for blizz so what the hell do I know? With all the shake ups going on over there, who's to say what the heck they will do down the road.

But honestly, I'll be shocked if void elves got paladins before getting demon hunters.

Night elf paladins make way more sense to me.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-02 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I don't think void elves will ever get the paladin class, but if they do, I wouldn't be shocked if Blizzard made the class appear under a different name for them, renamed the spells and changed the visuals to be blue-black like other void spells. After that they might give a glyph to make them look holy. But in the unlikely event that paladins ever happen for void elves, I'd wager they'd be canonically void empowered, not light.

But I don't work for blizz so what the hell do I know? With all the shake ups going on over there, who's to say what the heck they will do down the road.

But honestly, I'll be shocked if void elves got paladins before getting demon hunters.

night elves paladins and blood elves botanist!

5+ Year Old Account
    Is botanist just a druid but under a differing class skin like the Tempest Keep dude?

night elves paladins and blood elves botanist!
    I have no objection to either

Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    Is botanist just a druid but under a differing class skin like the Tempest Keep dude?
    botanist would be how they would call the druids blood elves, blood elves paladins are called blood knight

Races aren't restricted to paladins because balance....

Their restricted because being a paladin is being a light zealot who's infused with light. Not every race fits that bill.

Velves were belves from silver moon who had access to all their classes but not paladins and dks for very very obvious reasons.

U got dks no since the updated scenario.

But still no paladins because velves physically cannot be paladins. Which means you're not actually a pure elf even if you LOOK like it.
    I'm not tallking about gameplay balance, but cultural niches. Pre Third War Era High Elves were by no means Light Zealots. So the Alliance High Elves DO NOT follow the requisites to have Paladins as a common class.

So Velves can't be Paladins, and High Elven were never a big enough thing culturally to necessitate being playable.

So why again SHOULD High Elves be able to be Paladin if they don't meet the cultural requisites?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post

IMO I would give NE Paladins and VE's Shaman because the later combo is just way cooler and ties into the "Dark Shaman/Elementalist" vibe. It would serve to give VE's an unique combo that no other elf has.

5+ Year Old Account
    botanist would be how they would call the druids blood elves, blood elves paladins are called blood knight
    I like that, they should do that. We need more class differentials and flavored text.

I'm not tallking about gameplay balance, but cultural niches. Pre Third War Era High Elves were by no means Light Zealots. So the Alliance High Elves DO NOT follow the requisites to have Paladins as a common class.

So Velves can't be Paladins, and High Elven were never a big enough thing culturally to necessitate being playable.

So why again SHOULD High Elves be able to be Paladin if they don't meet the cultural requisites?

- - - Updated - - -

IMO I would give NE Paladins and VE's Shaman because the later combo is just way cooler and ties into the "Dark Shaman/Elementalist" vibe. It would serve to give VE's an unique combo that no other elf has.
    the quel'dorei worshiped the light and had a high priest. priest were part of the original blood knight members
    void elves should be able to have paladins at least paladins with void effects i guess

If only Void Elves arrived with these customizations from start, back then in 7.3.5 in 2018, maybe the Alliance wouldn't have died.

While I'm happy for Void Elves in 9.1.5, only cross-faction PVE/guilds can save Alliance at this point.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-09-02 at 03:02 AM.