This just confirms the adage, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Instead of sitting back quietly brooding over not getting things or saying what things shouldn't be added...

Start asking for what you want them to add. Loudly, and often.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    This just confirms the adage, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Instead of sitting back quietly brooding over not getting things or saying what things shouldn't be added...

Start asking for what you want them to add. Loudly, and often.
    Yeah, that's for sure!

But I think most people finally got that message now, many threads about possible allied races and customizations are emerging again.

If I had the time, I would do a machinima of this song with Void Elves using 9.1.5 High Elf customizations on Alliance cities:

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Yeah, that's for sure!

But I think most people finally got that message now, many threads about possible allied races and customizations are emerging again.

If I had the time, I would do a machinima of this song with Void Elves using 9.1.5 High Elf customizations on Alliance cities:

That would be very fitting! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    fully support for sanlayn as customization for void elves or forsaken
    Undead thalassian (Dark ranger/San'layn) has been a Horde thing, so it should stay Horde thing. I actually think San'layn allied race would be the best way how to implement them, because they'd their own group, possible with ties to both blood elves and forsaken. Giving it to the Alliance is something nobody wants (well, only you) and somthing a lot of horde fans would be mad about. On the other hand, slapping these undead customizations seem to be the easiest way for devs, so who knows.

"Lightforged" features for blood elves are great idea, I'd like that.

lol okay so blood elf paladins were considered such a "break in the lore" by metzen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-4Edh3RuM (3:33 in this video) they had to invent the concept of blood knights for it to make sense. Paladins were a human creation on Azeroth, and the high elves were not especially fond of learning from them. We know only of one guy who did, who is now a blood elf. Paladins absolutely were not an widely established part of quel'thalas prior to the blood knights.

Blood Elf paladins, such as Liadrin, were priests who had lost faith in the light after the scourge and took up a martial stance afterwards. There was no paladin order before then. Do high elf paladins exist? Yes, theres a couple. Just like theres blood elf druids, night elf and undead paladins, tauren warlocks etc. It doesnt mean they're an entrenched, culture defining component.

High Elves not having paladins is completely fine, makes sense and does a good job to distnguish them from the very Light focused blood elves.

tl;dr learn your lore

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Undead thalassian (Dark ranger/San'layn) has been a Horde thing, so it should stay Horde thing. I actually think San'layn allied race would be the best way how to implement them, because they'd their own group, possible with ties to both blood elves and forsaken. Giving it to the Alliance is something nobody wants (well, only you) and somthing a lot of horde fans would be mad about. On the other hand, slapping these undead customizations seem to be the easiest way for devs, so who knows.

Just like we are getting HE's through VE's, the most efficient way to get San'layn is through Blood Elves. Simple as that.

And in terms of efficiency, we just got so much bang for our buck with adding HE stuff on the VE model!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I certainly don't remember High Elf paladins in any Warcraft RTS. I could be mistaken though.
    I made one for Reforged

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...aladin.332446/

it's supposed to be for Mehlar Dawnblade in Re-Reforged

- - - Updated - - -

I'd support Blood Elf druids as callback for the WC2 Runestones
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I made one for Reforged

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...aladin.332446/

it's supposed to be for Mehlar Dawnblade in Re-Reforged

- - - Updated - - -

I'd support Blood Elf druids as callback for the WC2 Runestones
    Very cool! Nice work.

I no longer play the game, but i'm really glad that they finally understood what that race had to be, even with the void involved. I'm glad for those who will be able to finally look like a high elf playing on their desired faction, if i decide to come back to the game at some point in the future, this will certainly be one of the reasons. Sadly it remains to be seen if this is truly a change in how they design the game or just part of a series of popular changes to try to save the expansion.

If there is a lesson to be learned here (by blizzard) is that giving players more customization options and more ways to express their own vision is never a bad idea, this also includes class/race combos... be more open about it, let people have fun and adapt the lore afterwards if needed. The more class/race combinations and more "sub-races" available via customization options the better.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so happy they get all those colors. I'm also so jealous this happened the expansion I went Horde. I had a human mage since 2006 and I said I'd refuse to race change to any other Alliance race unless it's High Elves. And now it can be 10000% realized. We won!

Congratulations to all of you guys and gals! As a War2 purist, I'm really happy for you. Finally, my main orc warrior can kill high elves again like in the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Congratulations to all of you guys and gals! As a War2 purist, I'm really happy for you. Finally, my main orc warrior can kill high elves again like in the good old days
    Death coil me harder, death knight daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    This is what it's really about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Rogue, Warlock and Priest are probably the most obvious classes for Void Elves. But when it comes to Void Elves that look like High Elves, which ones do you guys fit best? I'm thinking Hunter and Mage. Possibly also Priest still, but with a Holy or Discipline focus?
    Hunter (Ranger), Mage (Sorcerer) and Priest would be the best. To me, it's the former two that are by far the most iconic. Probably Holy for Priest but Disc should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about Paladins or who is or isn't justified in being capable of choosing the Paladin class. Let's return to the actual topic of the thread and drop this derailing tangent concerning the Paladin class.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post

the sanlayn ate soldiers of the horde I suppose the horde would not accept them again. also the void elves use necromancy so it would be better for the sanlayn as part of a society that accepts necromancy than a society that is radiated by light.
    it could be a neutral allied race i see a lot of alliance players wanting the sanlayn to be playable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Just like we are getting HE's through VE's, the most efficient way to get San'layn is through Blood Elves. Simple as that.

And in terms of efficiency, we just got so much bang for our buck with adding HE stuff on the VE model!
    the sanlayn use the night elf model so the easiest way to have sanlayn is with the night elves

With this, only one "Normal" option remains for the Ren'dorei, and it's magical runes/tattoos:

After all the Thalassian are known for infusing themselves with these magical runes that boost and augment their strength and skills.

With this done Blizzard can finally begin adding more "Void-oriented" options for the Ren'dorei, akin to this:

The objective here is to represent the duality of the Ren'dorei through the customization options: their "fair form" as former Sin'dorei/Quel'dorei, and their "Void form" as Ren'dorei. Like Alleria.

Regardless everything is proceeding splendidly, I did not think Blizzard would devote so many resources to Ren'dorei in this of all expansions, what a pleasant surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Yeah, that's for sure!

Nice idea xD

I had this idea of a small Machinima...

Scene 1: blizzard hq... All races of vanilla as blizz employees in a stand up meeting talking about tbc classes. Boss is an orc and says "ok we're getting the blood elves". The rest "and what should alliance get then? Aren't they an alliance race?" "Because I want them. Just give alliance... Some... Uhm... Space goats!" "Uh... Okay "

Scene 2: some years later orc boss is sitting at his desk with a blonde wig of long hair on his head. Employee enters the room. "Hi boss just wanted to ask you how would you feel about getting high elves for the alliance now with this whole allied race idea we've had for the next X-Pac. ?" ... Orc boss with a blonde wig on his head ".... No! Just give them .... Uhm... Give them void elves!" .. "uhm... What are those?" ... "Well, high elves who don't look like high elves but have emo hair cuts and blue skin".... "Uh.... Okay"

Scene 3: subs dropping on a chart in a stand up meeting. Everyone is looking kind of pissed. Orc boss with the blonde wig on the middle. Silence. Everyone is looking angrily at the boss. "No no no I know that you want... No no no YOU DON'T GET MY WIG".... *screams.... Chaotic noises"..... Orc boss knocked out on the floor and an void elf employee grabbing the blonde wig

Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

lmao hardcore belf fans on suicide watch

Quote Originally Posted by Flade View Post
    They're not High Elves, they're not High Elves, they're not High Elves! Stop saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by Flade View Post
    I am hardcore blood elf fan
    And the only make me mad are canibal option for blood elves