[QUOTE=Tanaria;54276274]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

Fel might not have been the most important part; however we can't simply ignore that one of the best Warlocks around currently is a Blood Elf and she is possibly the best elven Warlock on Azeroth, at present.

Blood Elves need something beyond doing everything the Humans and Night Elves do. Having the only named Warlock Guild, coupled with potentially having the best Elven Warlock alive to date, it sets up a story, where Blood Elves can have a stage set, where it feels Thalassian, but also feels their own. Fel Crystals and the Illidari could also help.
    I think differently in any case now the alliance has playable demons

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere else in the thread, but how would y'all feel about Alliance High Elves (and Horde Ogres) in a Classic+ expansion?
    better if it would be Warcraft 3 purist with 4 factions instead of just 2
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by DUMB APE View Post
    Lol, didn't Ion basically spend an entire stream callously making fun of all the players who were asking for High Elves and ended it with something along the lines of, "we already have High Elves in WoW, they're called Blood Elves"?
    And now in this thread people are posting pics of their blood elves w blue eyes posing as high elves LMAO

Guess he was right

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    And now in this thread people are posting pics of their blood elves w blue eyes posing as high elves LMAO

Guess he was right
    Void Elves could already do that anyway, if you pick the regular skin (non-gray) and blue eyes theyre just highe lves

High Elves are a sub race to both Blood and Void Elves.
    Same with Darkfallen / San'layn.

People really gotta just chill out on these things already. It's exhausting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brace yourselves... The "Vereesa"s are coming...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited to see what Midnight would hold for the Future of the Quel'dorei. hopefully we might get a New Alliance Capital in Northern Lordaeron between the borders of Quel'thalas and Stratholme.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

3+ Year Old Account
    not sure if I already posted this here but...

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...usader.351541/

- - - Updated - - -

(because somehow a third High Elf in the Scarlet Crusade with Demon Hunter animations is gonna be good)
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I think Blizzard could merge VE, BE and HE in a single neutral race in midnight in a neutral Silvermoon. In a world where the horde is welcomed to the new NE home and have neutral dwarves, "reuniting the elven tribes" could very well mean something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I think Blizzard could merge VE, BE and HE in a single neutral race in midnight in a neutral Silvermoon. In a world where the horde is welcomed to the new NE home and have neutral dwarves, "reuniting the elven tribes" could very well mean something like that.
    Mmm I don't think Silvermoon is gonna go neutral on Midnight; the faction divide will remain, even if it's not the focus. But could Quel'Danas become a functional neutral hub? Possibly. I don't think thalassians are going to unify politically tho, at most the playable race itself might get merged and work like a neutral race, but Silvermoon becoming neutral would be highly controversial and not something they would want to get into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    I'm excited to see what Midnight would hold for the Future of the Quel'dorei. hopefully we might get a New Alliance Capital in Northern Lordaeron between the borders of Quel'thalas and Stratholme.

The prophecy will be fulfilled!

But yeah, I have always liked the idea of a VE settlement either here, or Windrunner Spire (and since they are so close, they might as well be connected!) This whole area is one of the few on the EK that's not meant to be reachable, so they really could do something new with it, like finally give the VE a settlement in Azeroth proper.

3+ Year Old Account
    I prefer if Alliance High Elves remain exiled and just moved on and resettled in Dalaran or Quel'danil or Eldre'thalas instead

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Mmm I don't think Silvermoon is gonna go neutral on Midnight; the faction divide will remain, even if it's not the focus. But could Quel'Danas become a functional neutral hub? Possibly. I don't think thalassians are going to unify politically tho, at most the playable race itself might get merged and work like a neutral race, but Silvermoon becoming neutral would be highly controversial and not something they would want to get into.

- - - Updated - - -

The prophecy will be fulfilled!

But yeah, I have always liked the idea of a VE settlement either here, or Windrunner Spire (and since they are so close, they might as well be connected!) This whole area is one of the few on the EK that's not meant to be reachable, so they really could do something new with it, like finally give the VE a settlement in Azeroth proper.
    From what they said in blizzcon, queldanas looks like will be overrun by void, I doubt we get the hub there. It sounds more like an endgame zone or even final patch zone.

And if Silvermoon is the capital of the expansion, you can be sure it'll be neutral. The faction conflict right now only happens between players in forums that hates each other for some reason. TWW will have neutral dwarves and a neutral dwarf zone, and the current patch is about everyone helping the NE on amirdrassil, and horde players can go to the real-world version after the raid. The two factions are at full peace now and even then we have the "uniting the elven tribes" thing, so Silvermoon being neutral will make sense for thalassian elves on both factions.

From what they said in blizzcon, queldanas looks like will be overrun by void, I doubt we get the hub there. It sounds more like an endgame zone or even final patch zone.

And if Silvermoon is the capital of the expansion, you can be sure it'll be neutral. The faction conflict right now only happens between players in forums that hates each other for some reason. TWW will have neutral dwarves and a neutral dwarf zone, and the current patch is about everyone helping the NE on amirdrassil, and horde players can go to the real-world version after the raid. The two factions are at full peace now and even then we have the "uniting the elven tribes" thing, so Silvermoon being neutral will make sense for thalassian elves on both factions.
    I just legitimately don't think they would ever walk back the alignment of any of the playable races. Let me be honest, I personally *would* like a neutral Silvermoon, it's the faction that makes the most sense being Neutral, but I don't think they would ever go for it:

Since MoP, they have been strengthening the bonds the BE have with the Horde, they even had them bring another race into the fold. I just don't think Silvermoon can stop being Horde at this point (or at least during WoW's history) The faction dichotomy might be lessened over time, but won't go away entirely. So we can't dismiss the idea of balance between factions as something relevant still. They just *can't* remove a Horde capital without crap hitting the fan.

I think it's more likely for Amirdrassil to get a proper equivalent capital to serve as the alliance hub.

IDK I Honestly think it's highly unlikely, I think people are reading way too much into Metzen's "bring together the scattered elven tribes". I don't think reunification is the goal here, I think that a resolution is, but that's far likelier to be more about each faction of elves accepting the choice of the others and respecting each other, and perhaps then by the end of Midnight have a truly neutral Quel'danas as a place of coming together beyond the factions.

I don't think total political reunification is on the cards for Thalassians. I don't think that's where the story is going.

But...

People have always thrown the idea of Blood Elves and Night Elves leaving their factions, and both have had reasons at any point. Now, as I mentioned, since the factions are so ingrained into the game design, there has to be a sense of equivalence on any choice. I don't think it's likely, but I could see both Blood Elves and Night Elves becoming Independant, thus having the Nightborne and Void Elves following suit. Suramar, Quel'Thalas, Amirdrassil all become neutral territories -perhaps aligned with the Kirin Tor in terms of independence- elvenkind as a whole deciding to remove themselves from the faction conflict.

This really wouldn't affect playable races TBH; gameplay wise they might become functionally neutral then, in universe, of course there would be groups that would never leave the factions they have come to vouch for. Huojin and Tushui, Obsidian Warders and Dark Talons.

Could be interesting, but again, VERY unlikely IMHO.

I just legitimately don't think they would ever walk back the alignment of any of the playable races. Let me be honest, I personally *would* like a neutral Silvermoon, it's the faction that makes the most sense being Neutral, but I don't think they would ever go for it:

Since MoP, they have been strengthening the bonds the BE have with the Horde, they even had them bring another race into the fold. I just don't think Silvermoon can stop being Horde at this point (or at least during WoW's history) The faction dichotomy might be lessened over time, but won't go away entirely. So we can't dismiss the idea of balance between factions as something relevant still. They just *can't* remove a Horde capital without crap hitting the fan.

I think it's more likely for Amirdrassil to get a proper equivalent capital to serve as the alliance hub.

IDK I Honestly think it's highly unlikely, I think people are reading way too much into Metzen's "bring together the scattered elven tribes". I don't think reunification is the goal here, I think that a resolution is, but that's far likelier to be more about each faction of elves accepting the choice of the others and respecting each other, and perhaps then by the end of Midnight have a truly neutral Quel'danas as a place of coming together beyond the factions.

I don't think total political reunification is on the cards for Thalassians. I don't think that's where the story is going.

But...

People have always thrown the idea of Blood Elves and Night Elves leaving their factions, and both have had reasons at any point. Now, as I mentioned, since the factions are so ingrained into the game design, there has to be a sense of equivalence on any choice. I don't think it's likely, but I could see both Blood Elves and Night Elves becoming Independant, thus having the Nightborne and Void Elves following suit. Suramar, Quel'Thalas, Amirdrassil all become neutral territories -perhaps aligned with the Kirin Tor in terms of independence- elvenkind as a whole deciding to remove themselves from the faction conflict.

This really wouldn't affect playable races TBH; gameplay wise they might become functionally neutral then, in universe, of course there would be groups that would never leave the factions they have come to vouch for. Huojin and Tushui, Obsidian Warders and Dark Talons.

Could be interesting, but again, VERY unlikely IMHO.
    BE dont necessarily need to leave the horde for Silvermoon to be neutral, just like horde were allowed to be in Dalaran the same can be made with silvermoon, especially now that there's full peace and there are even some elves in the alliance that lived there

BE dont necessarily need to leave the horde for Silvermoon to be neutral, just like horde were allowed to be in Dalaran the same can be made with silvermoon, especially now that there's full peace and there are even some elves in the alliance that lived there
    Agreed, I just don't think we will ever see a Faction Capital City become Neutral. The case with Dalaran is not really applicable as it was never an "Alliance Capital City" during WoW. "Capital Cities" are just way too linked to Faction Identity, not just race identity, so I really can't see them making a previously Horde capital neutral.

But if it were to happen, there would have to be balance.

Agreed, I just don't think we will ever see a Faction Capital City become Neutral. The case with Dalaran is not really applicable as it was never an "Alliance Capital City" during WoW. "Capital Cities" are just way too linked to Faction Identity, not just race identity, so I really can't see them making a previously Horde capital neutral.

But if it were to happen, there would have to be balance.
    Freeing the setting from the faction divide allows blizzard to focus on a side of the story. Instead of bfa we could have had a full expansion about zandalar or about kul tiras. If they make an expansion about revamped stormwind in the future, it will certainly be a neutral hub even if in lore it's still an alliance city.

It's not about stopping to be alogned to a faction, it's just about not denying access to the other faction.

Freeing the setting from the faction divide allows blizzard to focus on a side of the story. Instead of bfa we could have had a full expansion about zandalar or about kul tiras. If they make an expansion about revamped stormwind in the future, it will certainly be a neutral hub even if in lore it's still an alliance city.

It's not about stopping to be alogned to a faction, it's just about not denying access to the other faction.
    The faction conflict IS part of the WoW story. It's not freeing anything you make it sound like it some kind of oppressive force keeping the poor WoW lore hostage. It's not. The conflict between these factions has been a thing for a long time and I don't see why it should be removed, cause what? You want to RP-rub against orcman muscles or whatever.

And Silvermoon should not be neutral, neither shold the nelf tree or Gilneas if it actually gets reclaimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    The faction conflict IS part of the WoW story. It's not freeing anything you make it sound like it some kind of oppressive force keeping the poor WoW lore hostage. It's not. The conflict between these factions has been a thing for a long time and I don't see why it should be removed, cause what? You want to RP-rub against orcman muscles or whatever.

And Silvermoon should not be neutral, neither shold the nelf tree or Gilneas if it actually gets reclaimed.
    Have you played DF? The faction conflict has already been removed. All that remains now are gameplay restrictions like language in the open world, standard instance queuing and going to the other faction capitals.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    You're dead wrong and it's not even an argument.

The faction conflict is 100% holding WoW lore and gameplay hostage.

It's not even arguable. The hard requirement that Alliance and Horde be absolutely split and unable to talk to each other, interact with each other (except via violence or weird stuff), unable to group outside of certain metagame methods and so on, is incredibly limiting to WoW's story, to how quests are written, to how zones are design, to how cities are designed and so on.

It's a huge issue. And because this conflict has to preserved perfectly in eternity, the lore absolutely prevented from evolving or changing or reconfiguring.

Whether you think that's good or bad is up to you. It's fine to like that. But saying it's not happening? That's just showing a lack of comprehension.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I prefer if Alliance High Elves remain exiled and just moved on and resettled in Dalaran or Quel'danil or Eldre'thalas instead
    That's what Northern Lordaeron Harbor near Quel'thalas is. Resettled Capital City for Alliance High Elves.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD