5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    To me, with the awesome designers Blizzard has at hand, it's a matter of them putting a good story first then asking their designers to work visual ideas on it.

Void elves are a failure not because of how they look, but because their lore is terrible. Void elves feel like an afterthought, Blizzard didn't try to get what people expected of high elves and instead of building something over that they made its complete opposite. And they were not seeded at all, only forced upon us. If people had gotten time to know and like them beforehand, maybe the whole issue wouldn't exist. Heck, there was so little attention given to them that they barely appear in BfA so far. Their big presence in Siege of Lordaeron is Alleria opening a portal and a few bow-wielding generic rangers coming throught. And then the gnome machines that are also brought by her steal the spotlight.

Right now, if you don't like the blue color, you have no reason to like void elves, because their "uniqueness" is essentially that.
    Cuse Void Elves lore is going to be developed on BfA, the first itineration of BfA is "Faction War" and as how the Blood Elves demonstrated Garrosh their loyalties, Void elves are going to do the same with Alleria opening void portals and hundreds of void elves appearing and impressing the faction leaders. People cry about Void Elves not having Lore its because they are a "pre-ordered" benefit of BfA, heck we shouldnt be even playing them thats why they make no sense, they lore is vague yarada yarada. Hopes come on the second itineration of BfA (second raid, prob old gods and void lords) wich oh "void elves are actually void creatures" for me thats tons of future lore.

Yes we get it you want Legolas, sorry about that. But Horde is waiting for you.... we have High Elves ass everyday ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    thats actually prove his point though, blood elves x night elves, and then some token HE for fanservice
    That is your perspective. I see it more than just a fanservice token. I see recognition for their relevance and for their history in wow lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    To counter your faction imbalance, i'm not overly concerned with it myself. I will however add that Blizzard themselves mentioned recently that they were trying to find a fix to the faction imbalance in raiding being HEAVILY leaning towards horde. So, with that, maybe high elves would help a bit? That said, i doubt high elves would change the faction balance much, if at all. Those who are horde and playing blood elves are already happy, the only ones who would go high elf are those who are already alliance.
    As I said, that's your opinion. Something I don't share. It makes perfect sense to me not to mess with the very system that balanced the factions 11 years ago. BE make up a large percentage of the Horde playerbase, and even a fourth of them leaving is bad. Could lead to 45-55 balance or worse.

If nothing else, Blizzard is playing it safe.
    And hey, given the GCD change lately, the devs can have their points of view. Does not make them good points of view.
    Which is something I never argued. Nobody is sound in their thinking 100% of the time but in this case, I agree with their POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Which is true, but at the same time those HE are all broken shells of their former selves. The Blood Elves are the most like how the High Elves used to be. Egotistical and the like.

Ion's POV makes sense honestly. The majority of the remaining HE are just broken tools that have been swallowed by Alliance society. There aren't many "whole" HE remaining. Those that still consider themselves as superior beings are likely fuckwits (Vereesa).
    Just reuniting all disparate mongrel groups of high elves could be an interesting story by itself. Giving them a purpose, like forming a new society, could give them direction. The place they choose to settle in could change them in some way.

What they are is not what they have to always be.

"But that applies to void elves too".

Yes, but void elves were forced additions, pulled out of nowhere and given almost no lore. They are, so far, unrelatable. Which is why people reject them.

High elves have lore, familiarity and development potential.
    Void elves only have development potential.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    "We need bigger celebrities to get involved"

What kind of reality are these people living in?
    i mean, would be funny if we get Corpsegrinder to say fuck the alliance again and then say fuck the high elves

that would be glorious

Just reuniting all disparate mongrel groups of high elves could be an interesting story by itself. Giving them a purpose, like forming a new society, could give them direction. The place they choose to settle in could change them in some way.
    you will be surprised but LTT want elves to unite. he hold grudge only about veressa and few other individuals.

It's almost like people who are stubbornly refusing choice are being equated to others stubbornly refusing choice.
    LGBT issues aren't tokens for you to throw around as comparisons for World of Warcraft issues, you goon captain.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

7+ Year Old Account
    Just reuniting all disparate mongrel groups of high elves could be an interesting story by itself. Giving them a purpose, like forming a new society, could give them direction.
    they are just civilians, they want to live alone without wars to matter, they are nto fighters or a militar group

besides, after the sunwell restored, they would make more sense going back to their kin, they don't care about horde or alliance shenanigans (apart from veressa and their terrorists)

What they are is not what they have to always be.

"But that applies to void elves too".

Yes, but void elves were forced additions, pulled out of nowhere and given almost no lore. They are, so far, unrelatable. Which is why people reject them.

High elves have lore, familiarity and development potential.
    Void elves only have development potential.
    Okay, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would make sense for them to become playable. Remember that the current AR all become playable because they've been in one place their whole lives and want to see the world. To become adventurers. The Nightborne are the biggest example of this.

Applying this idea to the High Elves makes absolutely no sense. They've been out in the world this whole time. To bring them back together and then conveniently "oh man I want to be an adventurer...again?"

It doesn't work, at least not in the way most want it to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    That is your perspective. I see it more than just a fanservice token. I see recognition for their relevance and for their history in wow lore.
    lmao, you can't be so delusional

they are just there because its a elf zone, and elf party, if you remove all of then the story goes the same, they make no difference, no way in hell there is relevance there

Can this thread be closed already? It's settled.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    LGBT issues aren't tokens for you to throw around as comparisons for World of Warcraft issues, you goon captain.
    Ahh right, yanks. I keep forgetting that it's a genuine delicate issue over there still. It isn't considered as such where i live.

Even with that, i still think the mindset required is much the same. Denial of choice is still denial of choice, no matter how trivial that choice might be. I simply used gay marriage as an example because it was a topic that divided people as much as high elves divided these forums.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread turned into a right ole mess. The amount of salt and condescension from both sides is pretty much my cue to peace out, seeing as how - for the time being (or perhaps for now on) - it's no longer about coming up with potential concepts for a High Elf Allied Race that can be distinguishable from Blood Elves, Night Elves, and Void Elves. I miss that (and I still stand by my conviction of wanting high elf shaman :P). However, I'll give my respect to Traycor where it's due, because at least they tried to play mediator, a position I am loathe to commit myself to...but I'm not going to go out of my way to antagonize both sides, though I'm of the pro-High Elf camp.

It was fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll come back to this thread when - if - the bickering dies down.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Okay, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would make sense for them to become playable. Remember that the current AR all become playable because they've been in one place their whole lives and want to see the world. To become adventurers. The Nightborne are the biggest example of this.
    There's no rule that all allied races need to be like that.

Uniting a divided people and settling somewhere to begin anew is a pretty compelling theme.
    Whatever...

they are just there because its a elf zone, and elf party, if you remove all of then the story goes the same, they make no difference, no way in hell there is relevance there
    It is not a question of being delusional or not. They exist, and the silver covenant was introduced in the Lich King expansion, just like the Ebon Blade.
    And see how the Ebon Blade has also grown in relevance.

Blizzard could have made Night elves in one side, Blood elves in another, and then Nightborne in the middle. But they didn't. They added Vereesa's army as well.
    For me, that's recognition. Blizzard felt they were worthy to be included in the narrative of freeing Suramar.
    Were the Scryers or the Shattered Sun Offensive included in this event? Nope. Blizzard has completely forgotten about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    If you consider this topic finished, you are free to abandon the thread.
    Why do you want to close a thread if people still want to participate in it?

Be careful. If you call him delusional, he'll just stop replying to you. He doesn't like that word.

There's no rule that all allied races need to be like that.
    I never described a rule. I described a logic A to B. Good reasoning for those races to become adventurers.

High Elves don't have this.
    Uniting a divided people and settling somewhere to begin anew is a pretty compelling theme.
    Which is irrelevant to the issue here. Blizzard can easily make a storyline about reforming the High Elves, sure, but it won't make sense for them to suddenly go "wow I want to be an adventurer again. I want to leave the home I just helped recreate."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the easiest way for Blizzard to fix this, Kill Veressa & than all the High Elves run back to the Blood Elves or join Alleria & become Void Elves.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Sure, we'll close it just for you, princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    This is the easiest way for Blizzard to fix this, Kill Veressa & than all the High Elves run back to the Blood Elves or join Alleria & become Void Elves.
    I wish we'd get that kind of closure on this matter. I'm so tired of reading, "But the Silver Covenant!" and "But there's like twelve of them in this picture!!"

The far-reaching antics of the delusional are becoming unoriginal and tiresome. I hoped they'd run out of gas pretty soon, especially after the Q&A. But apparently they want Johnny Depp to speak to Ion directly about this issue. An extreme testament to how ridiculous these people can be, at times.