10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    There are clearer differences between the two you mention and Blood Elves vs. High Elves.

Example A) High Elves can be born the same skin color as Blood Elves. There is no reason they couldn't.
    Example B) Blood Elves can have blue eyes. Why couldn't they? The Fel color has clearly gone away, it's entirely possible a Blood Elf that isn't super duper "For the Light" simply didn't get golden eyes.

There is no visual difference to the two. Meanwhile, Void Elves not only have literally black skin (Didn't exist before with Blood Elves), but pecs bigger than any Orc in game currently. Does it make sense? No, does that make it not a thing? No. They are visually and culturally different - Blood Elves worship the Light, Void Elves are beings of Void - Literal total opposites.

Nightborne don't share ANY traits of the Night Elves except their general model. Purpler skin color, stark white eyes, arcane tattoos, no reverence of nature... Literally completely different beings.

Meanwhile, not only do High Elves and Blood Elves share a culture, a history, and a general appearance - They're literally the same people. Any living Blood Elf of a reasonable age WAS A HIGH ELF AT ONE POINT. You can't separate the two as long as this continues to be true.
    Read your argument ... tell me how you make any sense because any Void elf was a High Elf at one point as well and most are implied to have been Blood Elves.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    @Traycor thanks for the mention I won't lie and say it didn't hit me hard haha, but I have my faith. It's just something that won't occur for a very long while. Maybe after 2-3 expansions I think. It definitely depends on how many more Allied Races we get and how unique they end up being from the other faction. One of the major arguments I was seeing related to the Faction Wall was that even though Void Elves had already been done, Blizzard won't do it again. So in that regard, we shall have to see.

For instance I hope Tortollan would become the next neutral race for both Alliance and Horde, heh. But maybe not in the faction v faction expansion

Anyways, and to your great post about the stark difference between "Majestic" well it's simple right? I mean, it's "Simple"

I always felt the Alliance High Elves were a group that gave up their form grand homes and finer things in order to stand with their friends. That's a pretty powerful theme, freindship over family. It's showcased a lot in movies/games/books etc

And such that these elves, being more "humble" in the sense that they were willing to give those pleasures up. To have different kind of pleasures (with humans lol) and actually appreciate life's simple pleasures.

I was going to mention also what someone else already mentioned. The theme of being "Wild Elves" of some sort. Nitty, gritty, and down to earth types formed by the tribulations of standing up for their ideals.

I think I'm sort of rambling at this point, sorry I don't know how to articulate my ideas well. If ever I come across some better examples I will for sure share them.

But until then I very much like your idea that whatever form High Elves take in the future, they definitely can't continue being "Majestic" since that is Blood Elf theme and I'm okay with that.

Who knows, maybe in a few expansions they may not even call themselves "High Elves" anymore, I look forward to seeing if there is any presence in BFA outside of Expedition teams and Warfronts. They continue to be the most interesting race to me, hopefully Blizzard can figure out a way to implement them some time down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    1. The sources are easily available. Look up the Silver Covenant. Void elves are also partially made of High Elves.

2. Again, the Silver Covenant.

3. They do - outside of the obvious anti fel-magic part, but also in character. They were never subjugated to the mana addiction the blood elves suffered.

4. High Elves are fundamentally different from Blood Elves, again because of the clear-cut exodus of the High Elves before the whole fel corruption. They still have their ties with the Night Elves, something the Blood Elves have permanently lost.

5. Personality, when used for character design, means how they're going to express themselves. May it be by their poses, way of talking or aesthetic style. Personality is a thing used in the domain pretty much all the time.

Again, I'm not pissed off they don't include them. I'm moderately annoyed that we traded High Elves for Void Elves, but that's fine. Void Elves are nice enough.

What actually annoys me is the excuses they use to justify their decision. No, the reason Blizzard won't include High Elves is because they wanted to add elves in the Alliance without being blamed of copy-pasting an already existing race. There's no point adding two new elven races, but their choice was still wrong in the first place.
    Most of that isn't true. All Thalassian elves suffer from mana addiction, the High Elves simply quenched it with magical artifacts provided by their human overlords while Blood Elves ate mana rats. Blood Elves were not fel corrupted beyond a barebones surface level akin to Thrall and co's green skin, and with golden eyes available to everyone that's clearly going away too. Their ties with the Night Elves are superficial at best considering most High Elves live in human cities.

Also differences in way of talking and aesthetic style sounds like Void Elves to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Why are you actually in a thread about high elves only to post pictures and videos to bash on people opposing your view? And then you talk about him being worthy of an infraction, which isn't at all since he wrote it's a 'correction' (obviously making a point he added it himself)? Just take a step back and look at your attitude here.

I didn't actually get the point of Ion denying the idea because the models would look the same. Who would be disturbed by that?

People playing in PvP? I doubt it.
    Damaging your immersion as a RP player? Doubt it again, actually I can see very cool new scenarios to RP, if they would actually make it possible that BE and High Elf players understand eachother they could set up some scenarios where they attack/bait eachother or discuss stuff and so on.
    PvE? You only see your own faction.

What's the problem in that?
    If you don't understand, then perhaps your perspective doesn't allow it. As a Horde player I understand why Horde players would not like it.

I'm perfectly fine "bashing" people that have screeched and cried about false injustice of not having High Elves. Why? Because if they really wanted it, they can play Horde. As a PvPer from time to time, Horde players for a long time wanted a racial that was on par with Every Man for Himself. At some point we had to accept if we wanted that gameplay, we had to play Alliance. It escapes me when Alliance players can't accept this same fact of the game. If you don't like my responses to people who have overtly toxic, then I suppose you could use the ignore button on me. It really makes no difference to me. It's not like they're a bunch of saints, and frankly, some of them deserve to be reminded how ridiculous they've been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And you have shown you don't understand logic ... so yes.

Also, we never argued semantics ... well maybe you were, but I wasn't.
    I understand logic perfectly fine. This isn't about logic, no matter how hard you pretend to force that narrative. It's about a decision Blizzard made, and the inability to accept their decision. Logic tells me the Alliance got Void Elves, and that's why they won't see High Elves in the next few years. It's a matter of getting something, and being a bunch of ingrates.

And yes, you apparently don't understand semantics. You say it's bullshit no matter what, I say bullshit is a matter of perspective. But apparently you still refuse to see it from another point of view.

Either way, you're inflexible, and that means we're done. I really have nothing more to say to you.

For the Horde, this was a good decision. It wasn't bullshit. I stand by that, no matter how much you don't like it or disagree with it.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-04-28 at 12:32 AM.

night elves and nightborne are the same race despite being separated for 10,00 years (the same amount of time that night elves and high elves were separated, btw) and having major physical and cultural differences as a result, but high elves and blood elves are different enough to be playable on separate factions despite actually having at most a couple of decades of philosophical disagreement and different color eyes.

it's so simple!

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I understand logic perfectly fine. This isn't about logic, no matter how hard you pretend to force that narrative. It's about a decision Blizzard made, and the inability to accept their decision. Logic tells me the Alliance got Void Elves, and that's why they won't see High Elves in the next few years. It's a matter of getting something, and being a bunch of ingrates.

And yes, you apparently don't understand semantics. You say it's bullshit no matter what, I say bullshit is a matter of perspective. But apparently you still refuse to see it from another point of view.

Either way, you're inflexible, and that means we're done. I really have nothing more to say to you.

For the Horde, this was a good decision. It wasn't bullshit. I stand by that, no matter how much you don't like it or disagree with it.
    Given you don't understand the difference between sound logic and valid logic ... says you don't understand logic at all. Logic tells you nothing of the sort actually ... all Logic states in this case is we are not likely to get High Elves at the present time. For all we know after BfA they do a "traitor" expansion allowing races to change factions. You clearly don't understand logic.

I never claimed I didn't accept there decision. Accepting something doesn't mean I can't think it's bullshit as well. For example, a person can accept they were fired but think the reason they were fired was bullshit. The fact you can't separate the two is your failing, not anyone else's.

I can say it is a good decision to punch someone in the face ... it doesn't make it a good decision. Horde players aren't going to flock to the Alliance just because there are Helves ... there hasn't been a mass exodus with Velves there is no reason to assume High Elves would cause it. Even more evidence you don't understand logic at all. The only inflexible person in this discussion has been you, but you can't accept that.

My argument has never GIVE HIGH ELVES but rather those that want High Elves deserve a BETTER explanation on why they won't be getting it ... again, logic isn't your strong suit. Faction Identity doesn't exist ... they claim it does ... I don't see it in game.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

What's to discuss? Blood Elves are High Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    What's to discuss? Blood Elves are High Elves.
    And not all High Elves are Blood Elves.

Next one please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    I'll use two examples from design ideas in this thread.

1. Swashbuckling Vagabonds: These High Elves live on ships as part of a wandering floatilla. They have no home, and most of their ships are broken down/repaired from the Second War. Their heritage armor would be worn down. Their hair styles would not be the "super model" designs the Blood Elves have. War paint and scars would further emphasize this look. Other races might mockingly call them "Low Elves" instead of High Elves, which would highlight how far they have fallen.

2. Allies of the Blue Dragonflight: The Blue Dragonflight has fallen and is in desperate need of allies. The High Elves are in much the same situation, and could desperately use the magic of the dragonflight. They make an alliance of convenience.
    These High Elves start wearing blue scale armor with dragon motif and themes. They might wear "Dragoon" helmets (think Final Fantasy old school Dragoon). They could take up fighting with fist weapons that resemble dragon claws and have monks as their primary guard/troop that represents the race. Blue war paint would be an added extra. The proximity to the dragonflight might give them a variety of blue and white hairstyles.
    If you really wanted to push it (this might be too far), one of the skins could allow for a slight accent of blue scales maybe under the jawline or in other subtle areas.

Either one of these ideas clearly separates the High Elves from the "Majestic" theme of the Blood Elves. And they would still be High Elves.
    The dragon ones basically a dnd/pathfinder sorcerer with a dragon bloodline..orrr a bloodrager

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    And not all High Elves are Blood Elves.

Next one please
    Ion just got done stating officially that Blood Elves are High Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Ion just got done stating officially that Blood Elves are High Elves.
    What he said is that we already have that kind of elf in the horde, not taking in consideration the lore of the alliance and how they make high elves appear with the alliance in many situations, even leading in places like thunder isle.

And then, if Ion said Blood Elves are High Elves, why do you say that High Elves are Blood Elves? just to piss off people? it's an useless statement you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    No, what it means is that Ion should read what these people want (or this information provided to him) as a useful information to know for the future at least. Again, I am NOT saying that Ion has to give in to everything he reads, and I've already said so to you in my previous post, so please follow. I am saying that he should read it in the first place, no matter if he gives in or not.
    How do you know he didn't already read it in the first place? Do you have telepathic powers?

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Anyways, and to your great post about the stark difference between "Majestic" well it's simple right? I mean, it's "Simple"

I always felt the Alliance High Elves were a group that gave up their form grand homes and finer things in order to stand with their friends. That's a pretty powerful theme, freindship over family. It's showcased a lot in movies/games/books etc
    Sure, you can start brainstorming and designing vagabond elves now. Maybe you can take the Witcher 3 for inspiration where the city elves serve their human masters as prostitutes and laborers.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I'm on team "Let High Elves Die Off Already."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Most of that isn't true. All Thalassian elves suffer from mana addiction, the High Elves simply quenched it with magical artifacts provided by their human overlords while Blood Elves ate mana rats. Blood Elves were not fel corrupted beyond a barebones surface level akin to Thrall and co's green skin, and with golden eyes available to everyone that's clearly going away too. Their ties with the Night Elves are superficial at best considering most High Elves live in human cities.

Also differences in way of talking and aesthetic style sounds like Void Elves to me.
    There is no point.

HE fans have convinced themselves that HE have this unique noble culture. They don't understand the divide was purely political, and not even relevant in modern Thalassian society.

As long as there are these HE threads we will continue to see this same bullshit.

My personal favorite cancer are the people who still call BE fel-suckers even though it has been well established at this point how majority of the BE fed their addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    It is not a question of being delusional or not. They exist, and the silver covenant was introduced in the Lich King expansion, just like the Ebon Blade.
    And see how the Ebon Blade has also grown in relevance.
    again, you just ignore how goddamn irrelevant they are

if they remove the High elf from the existence, it would make no difference, bcause they are not relevant

Blizzard could have made Night elves in one side, Blood elves in another, and then Nightborne in the middle. But they didn't. They added Vereesa's army as well.
    they actually did, blood elves in one side and night elves sin the other side

high elves are in there just to be a token appearance
    For me, that's recognition. Blizzard felt they were worthy to be included in the narrative of freeing Suramar.
    Again, is just you feeling this way, totally wrong still

they did nothing relevant, it a elf zone so they put another group of elves, there is no recognition, you are just stretching

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    They've pretty much dumped all pretenses of civility on their Discord. They're cheerily discussing things like wishing suicide on Ion, getting him fired, and gangrape.

the funny part is that they rly forget that the CM is there so this will just bite in their ass

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    They've pretty much dumped all pretenses of civility on their Discord. They're cheerily discussing things like wishing suicide on Ion, getting him fired, and gangrape.

They are venting their frustration in their private space, not some general public forum. Everyone needs to cry over something away from others. There's no "dumping pretenses of civility" as long as it stays there, among themselves. If anything, going there to turn their venting public is way more uncivilized.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They are venting their frustration in their private space, not some general public forum. Everyone needs to cry over something away from others. There's no "dumping pretenses of civility" as long as it stays there, among themselves. If anything, going there to turn their venting public is way more uncivilized.
    I agree with this. That Discord is their safe space, let them cry all they want there, they already lost. I have done my fair share of anti-HE posts, but the last thing I would do is go there and continuously pay attention to what they're rambling. I'm not THAT bored and I even think it's a bit petty.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, is just you feeling this way, totally wrong still

they did nothing relevant, it a elf zone so they put another group of elves, there is no recognition, you are just stretching
    I don't understand the rationale behind what you're asserting here.

The previous poster stated that Blizzard clearly recognizes them as being an entity independent of either Blood Elves or Night Elves, citing their appearance in the Suramar Campaign -- a statement which is undeniably factual. They're called out by the speaker who recognizes them by a unique moniker, and their cultural divergence(s) is subsequently highlighted by the selfsame speaker.

If anything, it's a larger stretch for you to suggest they're not independent when they're represented in-game as a faction that exists independently from the Blood Elves (or Night Elves). There are plethora of issue with implementing playable High Elves, but "they don't exist, Blizzard doesn't believe they exist either" isn't one of them.

Those discord screenshots are ridiculous haha. An echo chamber of deluded mofos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    HE fans have convinced themselves that HE have this unique noble culture. They don't understand the divide was purely political, and not even relevant in modern Thalassian society.
    Honestly the original divide wasnt even political. Kael'thas simply rallied every elf he could find in Quel'thalas and renamed them all blood elves. The high elves were the ones he hadnt found and rallied to his cause, not people who rejected him for being mean.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church