1. #6161
    Dreadlord Hawkknight97's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by ArliSongbird View Post
    I just wanted to throw this in here, instead of starting a new thread since it involves mostly all this topic going on. I know there has been tuns of poll's this was just a try at a updated one with some of the newer information from beta/novels/comic's etc and just try give a more varied variety than most other polls which are just a broad Horde and Alliance allied races. This is just Alliance It's fine if you disagree with the poll I just wanted to try see updated information.

    https://www.strawpoll.me/15777306/r
    Storm Elves and Snow Elves?

    It would be kind of interesting to see concept art of those or unless they have same awesome concept art like this thread.

    Just wondering.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

  2. #6162
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Storm Elves and Snow Elves?

    It would be kind of interesting to see concept art of those or unless they have same awesome concept art like this thread.

    Just wondering.
    Well - Snow Elves could be inspired on encountered in Elder Scrolls. However there are also similar elves in old "Spellforce: the Breath of Winter". I always liked elven and dark elven architecture from this game -







    I also would love to also see pure black eyes from Spelforce Dark Elves in Warcraft Void Elves, as I mentioned here in first post -





    Sorry for not having awesome concepts
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-28 at 02:12 AM.

  3. #6163
    Dreadlord Hawkknight97's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    Well - Snow Elves could be inspired on encountered in Elder Scrolls. However there are also similar elves in old "Spellforce: the Breath of Winter". I always liked elven and dark elven architecture from this game -







    I also would love to also see pure black eyes from Spelforce Dark Elves in Warcraft Void Elves, as I mentioned here in first post -





    Sorry for no having awesome concepts
    Nice. Snow Elves really do have a nice Architecture.

    Also since we'll talking about Void Elf Customization like Pure Black Eyes for example then they might as well have this awesome looking concept art I found here: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Shado...duin-697203908

    Yea sure its Anduin Art. But think of what Void Elves would look like if they have twisted dark void form kind of like the broken on Argus when going too deep into the void.
    Last edited by Hawkknight97; 2018-05-28 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Adding more words
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

  4. #6164
    Deleted
    Well... This is not exactly the look that I would give Void Elves myself, as I don't find that Voidscarred Broken especially convincing.

    When I think about being overtaken by the Void, I see rather thing similar in shape to what Arrachi brought to the thread about unrepresented in WoW universe creatures, just in horror convention, than anime. I even planned to take a draw of how could it look like... Or at least like possessed Rasputin in Hellboy - with tentacles twisting under the skin.

    Simple recolor is not scary enough for me
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-28 at 05:11 AM.

  5. #6165
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Storm Elves and Snow Elves?

    It would be kind of interesting to see concept art of those or unless they have same awesome concept art like this thread.

    Just wondering.
    Would be very interesting. I like when they make completely new race without previous lore. Of course, if they will make some longer background for them, like pandaren, not void elf story.

    Everyone understands Elf Fatigue. But as I told someone else, I'm happy that for sure we're not going to get more purple/blue elves if elves come around again. Especially on Alliance. That is enough to keep me happy
    I don't understand and I want more more elves for both factions.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  6. #6166
    Deleted
    More elves is always fine. Just maybe not only purple ones all the time...

    I was wondering already when they did Northrend - why there is no Snow/Frost Elves, if there are already Frostborn Dwarves and Frost Nymphs.

  7. #6167
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Yeah I'm not saying no more elves should be added. I would personally love more elves. But we did just receive elves for both factions. Blizzard with their own decision making won't add anymore elves for a while, especially not when there's still some races that don't have their AR variant yet.

    But yes as JdRobe pointed out, I was mainly talking about the oversaturation of blue/purple elves in the game. That I'm happy enough knowing that if/when another elf round of Allied Races comes again, we at least won't have to deal with blue/purple elves. Especially not the Alliance since they already have 2 kinds of blue/purple elves. A pale type (Void Elves) and a non-pale type (Night Elves).

  8. #6168
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Wow, this thread is still going? Hey Blizzard reps, it's me, the guy that fought for taller Zandalari and thanks for listening to us about that. Can you do me another favor, I was wondering if you could add blue glowing eyes to the Blood Elves like you did the golden ones. I think it would help you get the point to these people, and it is a simple addition, just an emission color change on a model. 320 pages so far, I don't get it.
    Let me fix that for you

    "Hey blizzard reps thanks for listening to me about taller Zandalari now you mind pissing off 45% of your customer base to stomp on the alliance again and say go horde? I know a lot of alliance players are quitting but not all of them have yet let's fix that"

  9. #6169
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Let me fix that for you

    "Hey blizzard reps thanks for listening to me about taller Zandalari now you mind pissing off 45% of your customer base to stomp on the alliance again and say go horde? I know a lot of alliance players are quitting but not all of them have yet let's fix that"
    Assumption in your argument: All of the alliance player base is pissed off because high elves aren't added. Common sense simply says that's BS.

  10. #6170
    There is one candidate to become Snow elves in wow, the Shandaral elves. Currently to our knowledge they all died, but what if some survived underground or in hiding?
    They'd be crystallized elves, immune to the cold.

    They'd be visually similar to the Crystal Dryads.


    Essentially, they'd Highborne who were crystallized by the Arcane explosion but somehow survived and retained their sanity.
    They'd have no problem with the Cold due to being made of crystal, since the explosion they relocated to the most remote corners of Northrend, building beautiful crystalline structures in the icy wastes.



    Had we gotten this instead of Void elves I'd have been friggin happy, I love Snow elves, and they wouldn't be locked into using the Void or being emos.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2018-05-28 at 12:17 PM.

  11. #6171
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    And what made them to stop adding VE and Lightforged Draenei?

    And Mulgore Tauren, Darkspear Trolls, Gnomes, Steamwheedle Goblins, Exodar Draenei...

    Is not about authority of Blizzard (shielding behind that is pity to be honest), is about looking at what exists and compare, you can't simply say the number of population of a race is a problem, and then avoid the fact that HE may be 10 or 20 times more numerous than VE.

    The population issue, is not an issue anymore, at least for allied races.
    Your retreat to the retort about using an authority on this matter, i.e. the author, only serves to illustrate the poverty of your own position. I make no apologies for using the sources that support my positions, nor am I going to tie my hands in this debate because the pro High Elf community has literally nothing equivalent in retort.

    On every occasion Blizzard has spoken about High Elves in detail in the past decade and a half, they have pointed out their rarity and their near extinction. Two of those occasions were even post the addition of Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei.

    Either you are right from your flawed observations in game and your attempt to make them square with your own pre-conceived biases, or Blizzard is correct and the reason they keep bringing up the population issue in regards to High Elves alone is that they mean what they say and there really are too few High Elves to bother about.

    If and when Blizzard changes their mind on this issue, we will all know and you will be free to use that as much as you wish. However to unilaterally declare 'The population issue, is not an issue anymore, at least for allied races.' when the population issue was cited twice in the Allied Race era as one of the reasons for NOT granting playable High Elves is hubris.

    You don't have the authority to make a declaration like that yet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post

    Ok great tauren and trolls got few little stories, doesn't change the fact that high elves have gotten more attention. Also again, allied races, DI dwarves are "story props" in that case.
    High Elves have never gotten attention. The point is High Elves have never participated in or fronted a story that was primarily about High Elves. They have always been props to someone else's story.

    And as for the Dark Iron being story props, they have several zones in classic content dedicated to them. They had the scenario in Mists of Pandaria where they attempted to prove their worth to the Alliance. Their return to Ironforge under Moira constitutes a Dark Iron storyline. None of that holds true for Alliance High Elves.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Yet this is all speculation, even if half the blood elves were to race change to high elves (which is EXTREMELY doubtful) the horde will still maintain a strong population. Blood elves are high elves, correct. High elves are also part of the alliance though, and screaming blood elf=high elf will never change that fact.
    The damage is not just about the development of a potential imbalance in Horde/Alliance populations. The more profound issue is the replication of the theme of a core Horde race to the Alliance. This violates the integrity of the Horde in a game where the factions derive their distinctiveness from the races that comprise those factions. It means that a Horde race, and THE most popular Horde race, becomes de facto neutral. This is unfair to the Horde faction. It is also unfair to the Blood Elves to have a bunch of Alliance players saying that they are the 'true' High Elves and that the Blood Elves are the imposters. Say what you want about Void Elves, but nobody is ever going to call them the real High Elves.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Books too, lore. High elves are almost always around in every expansion since TBC. They're interacted with or spoken about in any current timeline book.
    I gave a thorough examination of your claims and debunked them. I awaited a retort to show where I was wrong. You have instead restated your incorrect reading of the game world.

    High Elves are NOT present in books that place since the TBC era with the exception of Veressa in Night of the Dragon, the sole High Elf to have any kind of role in a book (and in game for that matter). You have said High Elves have played a role in every current timeline book. Can you provide examples? Links? Page numbers for references?

    As for their role in every expansion since TBC, this has been thoroughly debunked. The only time period when they may have played a meaningful role was in 5.1 and 5.2 with the purge and the Isle of Thunder, and both times were to further Jaina's story and not their own.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Great we can agree to disagree then, since this is your opinion and apparently you disregard the books. I don't however.
    To restate what was said above, I have no tolerance for claims that are made without support. You made a claim, I said you were wrong and I ask you again to provide proof of your blanket statement that High Elves are in every book set in the time period since the TBC era.

    It is also immensely arrogant to claim I am the one disregarding the books when you have offered no evidence to support your assertion. I own most of the Warcraft novels. I'll be able to confirm any evidence you have VERY rapidly should you supply it



    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Yup I do support high elves being playable, also I am not wrong about their presence...you'd have to block your eyes/ears and shout while playing this game to ignore their presence.

    You are completely wrong about their presence. I am open to being proven wrong, but everything I have seen or read over the years backs up Blizzard's stance that they are a rare, almost extinct group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    So yeah, again you've proven nothing, I can see you're very passionate about your opinion on how things should be but your long paragraphs are really just your opinionated babbling as to why you don't want a certain feature...that wouldn't affect you...because you wouldn't play them anyways...
    Previous presence allied races: DI dwarves, Zandalari, Magh'ar, Kul'tirans. (I'm assuming you're not including Legion)
    You offer no proof. You offer no evidence. You are inventing something and insisting we agree with it based only on your word without any back up.

    Me? I have back up.

    From the Warcraft Encyclopedia


    'In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense.'


    The Pro High Elf community hasn't a scintilla of evidence supporting it's position. You are welcome to attempt to actually prove me wrong rather than just asserting it.

    As for not wanting to play a High Elf, that is a lie, I am playing one right now as my main.




    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    They're purple/blue elves, just like night elves.

    The equivalent alliance race to the nightborne would have been white skinned blood elves...with blue eyes (void elves have blue eyes), but that would apparently "destroy the faction walls and cause dire consequences"?

    Void elves didn't only get "some" physical differences, they're completely different, pulled out of nowhere whereas nightborne are night elves with tattoos and a shitty selection of hair options.
    Nightborne use significantly different skin tones to Night Elves.

    Nightborne have noticeably thinner models to Night Elves.

    Nightborne are thematically as far from the druidic, arboreal Night Elves as it is possible to get.

    Void Elves use different skin tones to Blood/High Elves.

    Many Void Elves possess body tentacles, which Blood/High Elves do not.

    Void Elves are thematically different from the cultured, light orientated Blood/High Elves.

    Both races are based on a parent present within the other faction. Both are substantially different from that parent, particularly thematically.

    To deny that Nightborne are significantly different from Night Elves is an argument that can only be made when someone has an agenda, that agenda being upset at not getting Alliance High Elves.





    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Regarding your post about population, darkspear trolls, draenei, gnomes, void elves, LF draenei, worgen, forsaken and goblins would like a word with you. There's also something called reproduction.




    Even the devs debunked that whole population argument themselves.
    Firstly, and this is proving to be a pattern, provide a link or source to the devs 'debunking the population argument'. Because I can link a video from just over a month ago with the Game Director bringing the population issue up.

    Secondly, all those races you listed truly are low on population. And they are on the same level as the Blood Elves.

    I find this the easiest argument to debunk on the matter of population, this false equivalence with the other endangered races. It presumes High Elves are equal to those groups, when it is Blood Elves (who are also endangered) that are the equivalent. And Alliance High Elves are but a fraction of the total thalassian elf population. And if all the races you've listed have many times the population of Alliance High Elves and THEY are endangered, that means the Alliance High Elves are past the point of recovery.

    As for reproduction, if you've a fantasy of Alliance High Elves having High Elf babies to create a loyal population of blue eyed, white skinned thalassian elves, you can forget it. Firstly, there are too few Alliance High Elves to form the base of a sustainable population.

    Secondly, the Alliance High Elves don't appear to be interested. Remember when Elisande mentioned them in the cinematic and a lot of pro High Elf supporters got supported because her acknowledgement meant 'hooray, they haven't forgotten High Elves?'.

    They focused on the acknowledgement rather than what she was actually saying, that the Alliance High Elves are degrading themselves by mingling their blood with lesser races.

    Which can only mean a large number of the few remaining Alliance High Elves, including their leader Veressa, are having Half Elf children.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Or if all the high elves became void elves. It would make people sad but at least the alliance high elves would have a real conclusion other than "BLOOD ELFS R HIGH ELFS PLAY HORDE OR GTFO LUL".........or if they all died. I don't like making speculations though.
    While the end of the Alliance High Elves would gladden my heart, I don't see why Blizzard should eliminate a story tool just because you can't have them as a playable race. That's entitlement gone too far.

  12. #6172
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Your retreat to the retort about using an authority on this matter, i.e. the author, only serves to illustrate the poverty of your own position. I make no apologies for using the sources that support my positions, nor am I going to tie my hands in this debate because the pro High Elf community has literally nothing equivalent in retort.

    On every occasion Blizzard has spoken about High Elves in detail in the past decade and a half, they have pointed out their rarity and their near extinction. Two of those occasions were even post the addition of Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei.

    Either you are right from your flawed observations in game and your attempt to make them square with your own pre-conceived biases, or Blizzard is correct and the reason they keep bringing up the population issue in regards to High Elves alone is that they mean what they say and there really are too few High Elves to bother about.

    If and when Blizzard changes their mind on this issue, we will all know and you will be free to use that as much as you wish. However to unilaterally declare 'The population issue, is not an issue anymore, at least for allied races.' when the population issue was cited twice in the Allied Race era as one of the reasons for NOT granting playable High Elves is hubris.

    You don't have the authority to make a declaration like that yet.
    Sorry if i have to repeat myself, but i don't know how to say it anymore.

    The population issue is not an issue anymore, stick that to your head, it can be seen from in-game content, doesn't matter if Ion himself comes and says that there are too few of them, when we can see that they are more or the same population as current allied races (except Nightborne surely) and some other classical races.

    At this point, for HE to be too little of them, they should be less than a hundred or wiped out from warcraft.

    Try changing your argumentation, that thing doesn't work.

  13. #6173
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Sorry if i have to repeat myself, but i don't know how to say it anymore.

    The population issue is not an issue anymore, stick that to your head, it can be seen from in-game content, doesn't matter if Ion himself comes and says that there are too few of them, when we can see that they are more or the same population as current allied races (except Nightborne surely) and some other classical races.

    At this point, for HE to be too little of them, they should be less than a hundred or wiped out from warcraft.

    Try changing your argumentation, that thing doesn't work.
    Ion himself did come out and say there are too few of them.

    He works on the game. You do not.

    His position trumps yours.

    It is your argument, that we must ignore what the developers say because it doesn't fit with your narrative, that needs to be jettisoned.

  14. #6174
    Immortal Darththeo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    7,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Ion himself did come out and say there are too few of them.

    He works on the game. You do not.

    His position trumps yours.

    It is your argument, that we must ignore what the developers say because it doesn't fit with your narrative, that needs to be jettisoned.
    Yet his position is that there aren't enough High Elves left. There has to be more High Elves than Void Elves in the world (canonly speaking). After all Void Elves are just a small group of Blood Elves (an elite force or something like that, that had their own view). Just like canonly, Blood Elves aren't the largest population of the Horde (however, player wise they are popular). His view that there isn't enough of them is factually wrong and just because he is a dev doesn't give his statement instant status.

    You need to understand just because he is a dev doesn't mean he is automatically correct in his stance. He can be factually wrong because he is a human, not a god.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #6175
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yet his position is that there aren't enough High Elves left. There has to be more High Elves than Void Elves in the world (canonly speaking). After all Void Elves are just a small group of Blood Elves (an elite force or something like that, that had their own view). Just like canonly, Blood Elves aren't the largest population of the Horde (however, player wise they are popular). His view that there isn't enough of them is factually wrong and just because he is a dev doesn't give his statement instant status.

    You need to understand just because he is a dev doesn't mean he is automatically correct in his stance. He can be factually wrong because he is a human, not a god.
    Ion Hazzikostas is a god himself, be cautelous with your heresy or you will burn in hell for the rest of eternity PAYING FOR YOUR SINS.

    Ion 'Big Package' Hazzikostas shall not be contraried, shall not be defied, and shall not be corrected, God-in-earth improves himself every time he breathes, don't dare to look into his perfect green eyes, OR FACE DIVINE CONSEQUENCES.

    He gives, he withdraws, he modify.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Ion himself did come out and say there are too few of them.

    He works on the game. You do not.

    His position trumps yours.

    It is your argument, that we must ignore what the developers say because it doesn't fit with your narrative, that needs to be jettisoned.
    Is not ignoring what he says my dear, is pointing when something doesn't apply with what we seen.

  16. #6176
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,383
    Ion also didn't even use the population argument in his recent spiel. Even he is smart enough to know after Void Elves that the population argument makes no sense at all. Especially that we're dealing with ALLIED RACES not Major Races. Population of all Allied Races should be smaller by design.

    He said High Elves just aren't active enough as a large group in a clear enough way.

    "but also there isn't a clear example of who or what High Elves are as a larger group which remains in Azeroth. There's a couple...we just met Alleria again...but they're not out there in the same way."

    Which again, if you just use Void Elves as being playable and under this standard then they lose out in that regard too. Alleria was the ONLY example of what a Void Elf is.

    Yet here is Ion even saying there's a couple examples of High Elves but apparently not at the volume they want. Yet Alleria's sole purpose and storyline was designed to create a whole new group of elves.

    Also it's wrong for him to say there's no clear example of High Elves but then allow for Mag'har to be a thing. They're in the same boat, they're both "uncorrupted" versions of their already playable race groups. Mag'har are just literal and High Elves in the figurative sense.

    It's easy to define what an Alliance High Elf is though, they didn't take in the Fel and left/got thrown out of their homes due to picking their friends (Alliance) over their families. The average Alliance High Elf isn't as haughty as the average Blood Elf in the fact that the Quel'dorei are known to intermingle with the "lesser races" as told by Elisande.

    Of course all this is apparently too subtle for Blizzard, and Allied Race customization is about looks over lore. Lore only ties into when a race can be made playable aka "We Blizzard will write them story for why now they join" aka it can happen whenever Blizzard wants it to.

    Doesn't take away the fact that High Elves continue to be a popular Alliance option for most Alliance players, even JdRobe's thread it's easy to see that High Elves are brought up often enough. As often as Wildhammer Dwarves.

  17. #6177
    Dreadlord Hawkknight97's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Stormwind to other places.
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Ion also didn't even use the population argument in his recent spiel. Even he is smart enough to know after Void Elves that the population argument makes no sense at all. Especially that we're dealing with ALLIED RACES not Major Races. Population of all Allied Races should be smaller by design.

    He said High Elves just aren't active enough as a large group in a clear enough way.

    "but also there isn't a clear example of who or what High Elves are as a larger group which remains in Azeroth. There's a couple...we just met Alleria again...but they're not out there in the same way."

    Which again, if you just use Void Elves as being playable and under this standard then they lose out in that regard too. Alleria was the ONLY example of what a Void Elf is.

    Yet here is Ion even saying there's a couple examples of High Elves but apparently not at the volume they want. Yet Alleria's sole purpose and storyline was designed to create a whole new group of elves.

    Also it's wrong for him to say there's no clear example of High Elves but then allow for Mag'har to be a thing. They're in the same boat, they're both "uncorrupted" versions of their already playable race groups. Mag'har are just literal and High Elves in the figurative sense.

    It's easy to define what an Alliance High Elf is though, they didn't take in the Fel and left/got thrown out of their homes due to picking their friends (Alliance) over their families. The average Alliance High Elf isn't as haughty as the average Blood Elf in the fact that the Quel'dorei are known to intermingle with the "lesser races" as told by Elisande.

    Of course all this is apparently too subtle for Blizzard, and Allied Race customization is about looks over lore. Lore only ties into when a race can be made playable aka "We Blizzard will write them story for why now they join" aka it can happen whenever Blizzard wants it to.

    Doesn't take away the fact that High Elves continue to be a popular Alliance option for most Alliance players, even JdRobe's thread it's easy to see that High Elves are brought up often enough. As often as Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Here Here.

    This perfectly explains a lot that why the Anti High Elf crowd/Thalassian Fanboys failed to understand the reason why there's still Players out there still asking for High Elves. Its not just because they want to play a Precious Thalassian Model with Blue Eyes its the fact that the remaining surviving High Elves who were not around in Quel'thalas like Outlands for example or exiled from the Sin'dorei Blood Elves are still around. You see within Outlands Stronghold, Highvale in Hinterlands, Etc.

    The Fact that Horde is getting uncorrupted versions of orcs like Mag'har for example should make more sense for Quel'dorei High Elves to be playable. If people started to complain about Model so much why not do a new model like the Nightborne or Kul'tiran Humans with a different model that still fits Quel'dorei Warcraft 2 High Elf theme with different eye colors then blue. I mean I have seen customization that makes High Elves completely different like in terms of eye colors of purple, deep blue, and sky blue. There's Celtic inspired Tattoos, Beards, Hairstyles, Etc.

    Point being said as long as Alliance Players still ask for a Warcraft 2 Race that hasn't been in the game for a long time now the popular demand still is there. I mean to be 100% Honest I'm kind of tried of having Elven races or races in general on the alliance to be blue, blue, purple, purple, dark blue, light blue doesn't matter what its still the same boring color. It was good first time and second with Night Elves and Draeneis but after that its too much.

    At the end of day I don't care what different options Blizzard does for the High Elves. Ether being like Snow Elves who were up in Northrend for so long or Storm Elves who probably got lightning runic powers or maybe great awesome high elf idea concept of High Elves in Northern Lordaeron by a wow fan artist. As long as these three elf options are High Elven of the Quel'dorei High Elves I'll be happy. Heck I'll even be more happy for Wildhammer Dwarves. Yes Dark Iron Dwarves are coming but I'm little bit more of Celtic/Scottish lover that really likes the overall celtic theme to the Wildhammer Dwarves.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

  18. #6178
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    "but also there isn't a clear example of who or what High Elves are as a larger group which remains in Azeroth. There's a couple...we just met Alleria again...but they're not out there in the same way."
    I rather believe that he personally has no clear idea, who or what High Elves could be, but this is just a prof, that he was not paying any attention of what players actually wanted. Because there are ideas for the development of High Elves all around there, in fact in huge numbers.

  19. #6179
    Deleted
    Is this thread still alive and people still discuss this topic?

  20. #6180
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    I rather believe that he personally has no clear idea, who or what High Elves could be, but this is just a prof, that he was not paying any attention of what players actually wanted. Because there are ideas for the development of High Elves all around there, in fact in huge numbers.
    Mainly ideas on how to ret con so that High Elves are different and also ret con in game lore and dialogue that the high elves are a fading race.

    Ret conning seems to be accepted in this case for some reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •