Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I get it...you're so sad you need to stick your fingers in your ears and scream "I know you are but what am I" because you literally have nothing useful to say. Probably a new account who shot his mouth off and got banned so had to make a new one...so you need to be a talking parrot in order not to get yourself banned again....I understand completely.
    Lol look who has the ban. That's classic! Thanks for the laughs kiddo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    We still share the same planet, breath the same air, so yes, you'd be just as affected by me going to sleep later as me playing a high elf, something that you can both ignore and not think about.

But ok, if you don't like this comparison, here is another: imagine we are flatmates, and I buy a T-shirt, that is kinda similar to yours but of different brand. How exactly that would affect you? It wouldn't affect you in any way at all and you throwing a tantrum about it would be completely ridiculous. As ridiculous as you now throwing a tantrum about people asking for High Elves.

And irrational feeling of some people "stealing your elf" is the only thing that really is going on with you and most people who post over and over about how they don't want to see High Elves. Identity? Please, High Elves are already a part of Alliance and are everywhere in WoW. You can already go and kill them and with them being playable, you would just be able to kill them in more places than you can do now. But surely you'd ignore this point and continue to push this ridiculous point about "muh identity" that is long gone since High Elves became official counterparts of Blood Elves in Alliance already back in Wrath.
    What I'm hearing is that you're wanting something that the Horde has because it looks cool. Got it... pro-high elfers are like a little child wanting the new shiny toy that Jimmy next door got. And when daddy Blizzard said "no I already gave you the grape colored one", the little child threw a tantrum (sorry I correct myself, the little child is STILL throwing a tantrum).

And with the case of your T-shirt comparison (which by the way is the probably the second stupidest comparison I think I've ever seen... you're on a roll, keep it up), living in the same home both with similar shirts...yea likely they'll be mixed up at some stage, especially in the wash... ergo definition of blurring
    Last edited by Strippling; 2018-08-02 at 04:30 AM.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I mean if countless years of being told no by the developers has somehow convinced you that you're in the right and they just don't understand, then yes, you are being delusional.

"Having the guts" That's hilarious.
    Countless years.. Right. You want to make arguments but you cant even count.
    Right before WoD started, Ion said how he likes to talk about different ''subraces'' like Mag'har orcs or High elves.. So i dont know where ''countless years of being told no '' comes from. I guess from your little spiteful brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    What I'm hearing is that you're wanting something that the Horde has because it looks cool. Got it... pro-high elfers are like a little child wanting the new shiny toy that Jimmy next door got. And when daddy Blizzard said "no I already gave you the grape colored one", the little child threw a tantrum (sorry I correct myself, the little child is STILL throwing a tantrum)
    So people who want high elves since vanilla want to steal visuals of your precious race, that was added in BC? Cool story.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2018-08-02 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But we have precedent for "non original races", even ones that cross faction, as well as we have the precedent for the same exact model on two different factions.

Let's pretend that High Eves looking just like Blood Elves is one thing too far to ever conceive. Alright then; what if they are given the NB treatement? (different proportions and idle stance than cross faction base race, plus different cosmetic choices) Wouldn't that be enough?

"But there hasn't been enough time for high elves to be different" you may say. Does aesthetic differentiation need to be diegetic? Thalyssra looks pretty much like a night elf in her cinematic, her actual difference from a Night Elf is minimal beyond the ear shape. So are the differences on the NB model diegetic or not? are they just an aesthetic representation?
    Well, while Nightborne are similar to Night Elves, you would definitively not confuse them. Not only do they have different ear forms, they also are slimmer than Night Elves. You clearly can tell a Nightborne from a Night Elf even from a further distance.

Void Elves on the other hand, are an almost exact copy of Blood Elves. You need to look closer to separate a Void Elf from a Blood Elf. They only have different hues of skin and hair, and some small void-specific characteristics.

Honestly, you got an almost perfect copy of Blood Elf models and still whine about High Elves?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, while Nightborne are similar to Night Elves, you would definitively not confuse them. Not only do they have different ear forms, they also are slimmer than Night Elves. You clearly can tell a Nightborne from a Night Elf even from a further distance.

Void Elves on the other hand, are an almost exact copy of Blood Elves. You need to look closer to separate a Void Elf from a Blood Elf. They only have different hues of skin and hair, and some small void-specific characteristics.

Honestly, you got an almost perfect copy of Blood Elf models and still whine about High Elves?
    Are Void Elves High Elves lorewise? Furthermore, are you aware of the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves? If you don't understand the difference fine, but what are you bringing to the conversation for someone who the political distinction matters?

I was excitedl about Void Elves, hoping they were gonna use the Alliance High Elf lore, yet they ended up being exiled blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    high elves = blood elves

what do you have to discuss about a race thats in the game for more than 14 years?
    Willful ignorance of nuance doesn't make you cooler. High Elves and Blood Elves are distinct political groups, they have been since the start or WoW.

high elves = blood elves

what do you have to discuss about a race thats in the game for more than 14 years?
    Green orc = Mag'har orc; Bronzebeard dwarf = Wildhammer dwarf; Draenei = Man'ari; forest troll = jungle troll;
    Am i doing it right?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    There's Arator. He's a paladin and also there was high elf in silver covenant that is a paladin trainer too.

So something that has been seen in game is too rare but there's more undead paladins in the game?

Last time I check there wasn't any undead paladins other than Death Knights.
    Arator isn't a High Elf ... he's a half elf. He is a Paladin because of his father.

High Elf Paladin:
    Rulen Lightsreap: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50160/rulen-lightsreap
    Champion Isimode: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35575/champion-isimode

As for Undead Paladins there:
    Sir Zeliek: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16063/sir-zeliek#abilities
    Scarlet Commander Marjhan: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=46092/sca...jhan#abilities
    Multiple: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9448/scar...rian#abilities
    Multiple: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9447/scar...rder#abilities

Even if I grant you Arator ... you are still fewer than the Undead Paladins.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

what is wrong with you? high elves are blood elves

- - - Updated - - -

read the comment i wrote to the former dummy it now applies to you too

Blood elves WERE high elves , they are not anymore. Void elves WERE Blood elves ,once upon a time they were high elves as well, they are neither anymore, they are void elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    "I want high elves because of lore!"

Lore doesn't support them being playable

"because they were a core part of the Alliance!"

They never were.

And it circles on and on and on.
    Lore doesn't support Void Elves being Playable. Lore doesn't support Gnomes being playable ... but here they are.
    Lore doesn't support Darkspear being playable. Hell, Lore doesn't really support FORSAKEN being playable if you want to push it. They made lore to fit the above being playable, they could fucking do it for High Elves.

As for them being a core part of the Alliance ... yeah, you need to actually look at the Lore. High Elves were once a valued member of the Alliance, which most people will view as core. This comes down to YOUR definition of core. For example, I don't view Blood Elves as a core race of the Horde ... you have the core: Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, the Newcomers: Forsaken, Blood Elves and Goblin and the Pandaren and the Allied Races. Others will view Core as all main races.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    high elves are blood elves. they should basically rename blood elves to be high elves and be done with it.
    Maghar orcs are just green orcs.. They should rename all orcs to Mag'har orcs and be done with it.

Deleted
    I propose this for High Elfs.

[IMG][/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    I have literally been one that has asked for HUMAN like skin tones for Void Elves to at least have something, so not even your anecdotal "evidence" that the vast majority of pro helfers don't care about the lore. I also hoped that Void Elves were made of HE because at least would have followed that storyline.

You don't get to declare the validity of the whole of people that like High Elves because of their lore, because some people might have less lore based motives, that's just petty
    Saying Void Elves needed human like skin tones to at least have something only works if you believe they had nothing to begin with. This is not true, Void Elves are void themed Thalassian Elves, that is their purpose and point. Them not being the High Elves you wanted is not a sin, nor should they judged as not having anything because they happened to be blue or gray. They are what they are, a variant on a thalassin elf distinguishable enough for the Alliance to enjoy without treading on the toes of the core Horde race.

Nor did I say everyone was pursuing Alliance High Elves for less lore based motives. Clearly some people want them for the sheer nostalgia of the Warcraft 2 experience.

But too many people were agitating for Void Elves to have 'normal' skin tones for that to be ignored. Too many people said it would be a compromise on the issue of High Elves, ignoring the reality that the model was the compromise. And lest we forget, even the developers seem to think that the desire for High Elves in the wake of Void Elves is motivated primarily by skin tone. Not only is that unsurprising given the feedback that would have been relayed to them from the Unofficial Void Elf threads, but skin tone is the prime distinguishing feature between Void Elves and Blood/High Elves.

*Some people had the headcanon that Dalaran High Elves could be darker skinned because they have been living with humans in Dalaran for 3000 years and their gene pools could have entirely plausibly mingled at some points. Perhaps this could be something that Dalaran HE have storically kept on the down low, regardless, THERE you have a explanation if differentiation is so important to you.

Also, INBA *But the Sunreavers were the High Elves of Dalaran and they are Blood Elves* Nonsense. Kael'thas returned to Quel'thalas after the fall of Dalaran with a group of High Elves who them become Blood Elves and then Sunreavers, but WE KNOW most of the rest of Dalaran was evacuated and thusly is the same population we meet again in WotLK -who has a bunch of elves- and source of the Silver Covenant. That's the obvious conclusion.
    The explanation which you label as headcanon should stay there, as that is exactly what it is. That some mixing occurred between Humans and Elves in the past is undeniable, that is where a half elf such as Alodi would have come from. But I doubt it would have occurred on such a level that it would render the Dalaran population distinct. Lest we forget, Elves live exceptionally long lives numbered in thousands of years. Most of those dwelling in Dalaran would have been born in Silvermoon.

As for your final retort, yes, the group that is currently known as the Sunreavers are the Elves who taught Humans how to use magic following the Troll Wars and were resident in Dalaran, including their own quarter in the city, for many centuries. Dalaran was evacuated prior to it's destruction, and the majority of the Elves who taught Humanity magic clearly accompanied Kael'thas back home because when we next saw them, they were Horde Blood Elves.

The Silver Covenant consists primarily of Hunters and is led by Veressa Windrunner. It was likely founded after Dalaran was rebuilt, because I sincerely doubt ANY other thalassian ranger organisation would have been permitted to use the title of Ranger-General for their leader if they were still answerable to the government of Quel'thalas...and it was used to attract the few Alliance leaning Elves that remained in the world. A few Mages still loyal to Dalaran, the VERY occasional Paladin, but overwhelmingly Hunters to the point the Silver Covenant associated itself with the Hunter Class hall in Legion. The Silver Covenant is clearly modeled after the Horde Blood Elf Farstriders. They are likely the remnants of the High Elves who fought beside the Alliance during the Second War and who thought it an ideal more worthy than the path their own people were travelling down. They are almost certainly primarily former Farstriders in other words.

One would imagine that the High Elves who lived in Dalaran and formed the bulk of the expatriate population would in fact be Mages, given that they taught Humans to use magic in the first place. Which dovetails with the Sunreavers being those magical Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrathel View Post
    Shameless plugging of my own work, I know, but here's the transparent version of the Icon of Endurance:
    Given the recent development of Warbringers: Sylvanas, how do you feel about tulips?

Loving this whole icon TBH, I'm just battling with the part of me that thinks the Spellbreaker Shield is a Blood Elf icon and the part that knows that it hasn't been used wholesale since War3, so we know the artistics roots of the design are enterely High Elves and lorewise, at best it was a transitional aesthetic, so it works!
    Tulips are lovely, but they're not a kind of flower you seen grow in vines. I also tried out roses, as they're used on the Alliance crest, but decided on these white more clematis like flowers. The lily shape fits with white lilies being traditionally associates with funerals, but also with rebirth and fertility. White lilies also symbolise purity and virtue, which I find a fitting contrast to the blood elves' fel taints. Lilies are the 30th anniversary flowers, which is fitting because it means devotion. That's why I landed on the lily shaped white clematis-esque flowers on the vines.

While we don't actually see spellbreakers in the Warcraft universe until Warcraft III where they're blood elves, we have both nightborne and azure spellbreakers. While Kael did form the official force of the spellbreakers after renaming his people blood elves, especially the existence of nightborne spellbreakers indicate that they have been in existence since the time of the kaldorei empire.

The spellbreaker's shield is thus not at this point actually very iconic to the high elves. The shield was chosen because it represent both magic in itself, and countering of and resistance towards magic (ab)use. It's also an attempt to brint the high elves into the future with new ways to adapt to the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Countless years.. Right. You want to make arguments but you cant even count.
    Right before WoD started, Ion said how he likes to talk about different ''subraces'' like Mag'har orcs or High elves.. So i dont know where ''countless years of being told no '' comes from. I guess from your little spiteful brain.
    The earliest moment the High Elf request got a 'no' was on the 29th September 2005, the now legendary Caydiem blue post regarding High Elves where she explained why High Elves weren't going to be playable.

So while not 'countless', it functions as a synonym for a lot because we are coming up on the thirteenth anniversary of that 'no' next month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    high elves are blood elves. they should basically rename blood elves to be high elves and be done with it.
    I suspect Blood Elves were renamed in TFT due to rule of cool and as a means of making a bold statement to the player.

Frankly if Blizzard had their time again I suspect they'd just leave them being called High Elves. One adjective really hasn't been worth fourteen years of arguments.

Still, interesting thought arises. Had Blizzard done everything the same with Blood Elves except change the name, would we even be having this conversation?

I suspect not.

2005 eh? What will others do with that information, that high elves were requested before they had their pretty models and before blood elves were horde race? Where is ''you just want horde's toy, grow up kiddo'' folk?

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    2005 eh? What will others do with that information, that high elves were requested before they had their pretty models and before blood elves were horde race? Where is ''you just want horde's toy, grow up kiddo'' folk?
    They'll pretend it to be false, just like all the other stuff they want to ignore.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrathel View Post
    It's also an attempt to brint the high elves into the future with new ways to adapt to the world.
    I think this is what will have to happen for Alliance High Elves to become playable. It's clear that more growth / story progress needs to happen for them IF they are going to be a playable race for Alliance.

Just sucks that Void Elves got released in the interim because now it means we'll have to wait much longer for another elf to get added to Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    As for your final retort, yes, the group that is currently known as the Sunreavers are the Elves who taught Humans how to use magic following the Troll Wars and were resident in Dalaran, including their own quarter in the city, for many centuries. Dalaran was evacuated prior to it's destruction, and the majority of the Elves who taught Humanity magic clearly accompanied Kael'thas back home because when we next saw them, they were Horde Blood Elves.

The Silver Covenant consists primarily of Hunters and is led by Veressa Windrunner. It was likely founded after Dalaran was rebuilt, because I sincerely doubt ANY other thalassian ranger organisation would have been permitted to use the title of Ranger-General for their leader if they were still answerable to the government of Quel'thalas...and it was used to attract the few Alliance leaning Elves that remained in the world. A few Mages still loyal to Dalaran, the VERY occasional Paladin, but overwhelmingly Hunters to the point the Silver Covenant associated itself with the Hunter Class hall in Legion. The Silver Covenant is clearly modeled after the Horde Blood Elf Farstriders. They are likely the remnants of the High Elves who fought beside the Alliance during the Second War and who thought it an ideal more worthy than the path their own people were travelling down. They are almost certainly primarily former Farstriders in other words.

One would imagine that the High Elves who lived in Dalaran and formed the bulk of the expatriate population would in fact be Mages, given that they taught Humans to use magic in the first place. Which dovetails with the Sunreavers being those magical Elves.
    For all this blubber it doesn't even matter where the SC come from.

Three Sisters Comic shows that Vereesa (and likely the other High Elves who follow her) consider themselves staunchly Alliance and even seek to bring Blood Elves back into the fold.

I think Blizzard finds this to be an interesting "will they/won't they" story situation and there will be more stuff in the future about it.

Interesting I think, that it didn't end with the Purge of Dalaran thread that created the whole "Jaina I was in talks with Lor'themar to bring the Blood Elves back into the Alliance!" and that it's still being brought up 3 expansions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Saying Void Elves needed human like skin tones to at least have something only works if you believe they had nothing to begin with.
    No Kay, that comment was directed to your implication that people only want "white high elves" a narrative you are all too willing to present as truth. Werther there was any meat to the possibility that HUMAN skin tones added to Void Elves would have simmered down the HE request is ancillary, and already discussed.

But skin tone is the prime distinguishing feature between Void Elves and Blood/High Elves.
    How can I agree with this statement when my issue is about the lore over the aesthetics? I have plenty of times said that I had hoped Void Elves were made of High Elves, which would have resulted on the same aesthetics. "But other people care more about the skin tone" cool, go talk to them about that. "But even the developers think it's about the skin tone" Given that I have explicitily said that for me is about the lore, the kindest thing I can say about the developers is their generalization is a mistake. Kai, not because they say it is so makes it true, unless they can literally read all of our minds.

The explanation which you label as headcanon should stay there, as that is exactly what it is. That some mixing occurred between Humans and Elves in the past is undeniable, that is where a half elf such as Alodi would have come from. But I doubt it would have occurred on such a level that it would render the Dalaran population distinct. Lest we forget, Elves live exceptionally long lives numbered in thousands of years. Most of those dwelling in Dalaran would have been born in Silvermoon.
    Which would be your headcanon. Unless there is specific information about it, speculation is all there is. This goes beyond the viability of any headcanon -of course you believe yours to be far more plausible- the point is about the lack of confirmation. No matter how good you think the logic you are using is, it's not real evidence.

And no, I don't really believe that Dalaran High Elves have more "human" blood in them, would be neat, but it's baseless speculation.

There's a huge logical fallacy at the core of this interpretation, because for some reason Jaina saying that "The very same Sunreavers who helped humans discover magic in the first place?" for you HAS to mean that all the elves that thought magic to humans became sunreavers, when logically only means that those first teachers and the sunreavers, share an overlap. Most charitably we can say that the Sunreavers indeed hold in their ranks the oldest elves who taught magic to humans, but we will see as far that takes us later.

You keep weaving fact with your own interpretation, extrapolating "facts" out of vague statements. There's nothing saying that the "Sunreavers" were a specific group before the chism, nor they had their own "quarter" of the city before that. Only that their current members are also some of the elves that taught magic to humanity and have lived in Dalaran for millenia.

It's not a strong interpretation at all.

More interpretation based off an already flawed premise. All based on "most mages went with Kael'thas" which again, no evidence of whatsoever. Your whole interpretation of the Silver Covenant is unnecessarily convoluted, when Occam's razor points at being simply citizens of Dalaran who were not okay with neutrality, not even I, a pro High-Elfer, dare to say how many non Dalaran high elves arrived later, because that has literally no supporting evidence.

The only reason Vereesa is a Ranger-General is because she is the Ranger that created the SC as an anti Horde movement. The Rangers of the Silver Covenant joined the Unseen Path, that doesn't even mean they are a majority, specially when later THE MAGES of the Silver Covenant marched on Suramar.

Your interpretation that the Sunreavers are most of the mages of Dalaran is eminently dubious. Even if we accept the shaky premise that the Sunreaver indeed hold most of the first Dalaran mages, that means almost nothing for the Dalaran population as a whole, because we have no way of knowing what % of the whole elven population those ancestral proto Sunreavers actually were.

When the evidence shown in game points the other direction. Here's the real deal. Both Silver Covenant and Sunreavers are fractions of the elven population of Dalaran. Cause the rest of the high elves, and actually the BULK of the elven citizenry, are Neutral Dalarani High Elves. No matter how you dice it, Blood Elves are a fraction of the elves of Dalaran as a whole

Flawed premises and flawed deductions, all around biased interpretations.

Are Void Elves High Elves lorewise? Furthermore, are you aware of the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves? If you don't understand the difference fine, but what are you bringing to the conversation for someone who the political distinction matters?

I was excitedl about Void Elves, hoping they were gonna use the Alliance High Elf lore, yet they ended up being exiled blood elves.
    So if Blizz were to change the lore to say that the high elves also became void elfs would that satisfy you? Or do you require paler skin tones too? (ie. carbon copy of a blood elf)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Lore doesn't support Void Elves being Playable. Lore doesn't support Gnomes being playable ... but here they are.
    Lore doesn't support Darkspear being playable. Hell, Lore doesn't really support FORSAKEN being playable if you want to push it. They made lore to fit the above being playable, they could fucking do it for High Elves.

As for them being a core part of the Alliance ... yeah, you need to actually look at the Lore. High Elves were once a valued member of the Alliance, which most people will view as core. This comes down to YOUR definition of core. For example, I don't view Blood Elves as a core race of the Horde ... you have the core: Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, the Newcomers: Forsaken, Blood Elves and Goblin and the Pandaren and the Allied Races. Others will view Core as all main races.
    Not sure if you know, but high elfs joined the Alliance out of convenience. As soon as the war was over, they promptly left the Alliance, bar a few human lovers.

Also, in response to your comment "High Elves were once a valued member of the Alliance" here's a snippet for you to read:

However, a few high elves did not become blood elves. When Quel'Thalas left the Alliance, some high elves chose to remain with their allies over their kingdom, and to this day still support the Alliance.[7] Some high elves were exiled from Quel'Thalas after the Third War.[10] Other high elf remnants have chosen to rejoin the Alliance in recent years, arriving to a cold reception.[2] Modern high elves are a rare sight, and are commonly mistaken for blood elves.[11][12] In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves did not gather in any significant numbers, nor did they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture—only a past filled with glory and regret.[2]

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Enjoy the read
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    So if Blizz were to change the lore to say that the high elves also became void elfs would that satisfy you? Or do you require paler skin tones too? (ie. carbon copy of a blood elf)
    Yes, if only the backstory was changed, that would have been enough for me. Even now I hope we get some conformation that High Elves can be made into VE.

I'm invested on the HE lore, specially SC, so if that lore was to become VE, I would have been 100% on board -I was 100% on board when I thought such-

I'm not gonna lie tho, I hoped there was a choice to have some more human like skin tones -Cause nostalgia I still wanna have that high elf ranger character- but that was never the deal breaker for me.

IMO, if VE could have Black and White added, that would be all I would add aesthetically, because it's silly Void Elves don't have Black Hair, and VE are the only race that doesn't have white hair -which would look amazing with the darker VE skin tones-

Also, about this specific line you highlighted:

Other high elf remnants have chosen to rejoin the Alliance in recent years, arriving to a cold reception
    The full quote has another implication, as it is clearly making references to High elf remnants that chose to rejoin the alliance, thus obviously not making reference to those high elves that never left, which is also stated on the same paragraph you quoted.

When Quel'Thalas left the Alliance, some high elves chose to remain with their allies over their kingdom, and to this day still support the Alliance
    Also, if of worth pointing out these info was taken from the encyclopedia, which came before Wotlk, making statements like:

High elves did not gather in any significant numbers, nor did they act as a coordinated whole.
    Out of date, considering the evident presence of the Silver Covenant in game through several expansions.