Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Give Night Elf woad options with advanced customization? Night Elves are Blizzard's take on Wood Elves after all, Metzen even labelled them that himself.
    I mean that'd be ok I guess, I just personally dislike the night elf model a lot. Their proportions just put me off so hard, and the animations look odd as well. Tweaked model and animations like with the Nightborne though? Sure.

That said, there can be more than one kind of wood elf, high/blood elves and nightborne are proof of that.

I don't really care about high elves, but it makes sense for alliance to have them.
    Regardless of your massive walls of text based off your speculations and self-righteous personals reasons as to why YOU don't want high elves.
    I find it hilarious that you opinionated shmucks say project your obsessive anti high elf rants as if you're part of Blizzard making the decisions. Stop making arguments like "HELFS R NEVER GONA HAPLEN". You know what muffin? You don't know that as much as anyone else does.

Who knows, perhaps high elves will be added in 20 years from now? Stop being so blindly opposed to something that has no effect on you whatsoever. And if you let it affect you (for some reason) then I feel a lot worse for you then those who've been supposedly asking for high elves for "12 years".
    It's literally always the same 2-3 people posting their blind rants. No one cares about your opinions.
    Last edited by Grythletubs; 2018-03-22 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Yes, because i like lore. And i hate when characters like Liadrin say bullshit, just to look better in front of Thalyssra. That is not her character. Those idiotic lines were created just to push nightborne into horde and i dont like that.. If Anduin told Thalyssra some lies about the horde, i would feel same, because that wouldnt be his character.
    I've just unlocked the Nightborn today and tbh that some real BS Blizzard managed to do.

So Thalyssra wanted initially to randomly join the Alliance (basically a big fuck you to the Horde), because the Night Elves are in. Tyrande doesn't fully trust Thalyssra yet and Liadrin says how Tyrande treated the belfs the same way (what?when?) and suddenly the Nightborn decide to join the Horde (a big fuck you to the Alliance... even their jokes are mocking the nelfs).

That storyline isn't only extremely short (I was done in like 3 minutes... it was probably the shortest one), but also feels completely rushed and random. I really do have a Feeling that Blizz initially planned to either give the Nightborn to the Alliance (and Highmountain to the Horde) OR make them a neutral race (and give Highmountain to the horde and lf Draenei to the Alliance), but they suddenly came up with Void Elves (tbh my main is a void elf and I really do like them) and made it this way.

That being said, I don't mind that the Nightborn are a Horde-race, but the lore behind this simply sucks. The Suramar (the original and 7.1 one) questline was probably the best and longest one they've ever pulled off in the game, but this ending kinda ruins it.

Deleted
    I love reading the same people arguing eachother for WEEKS, WEEKS. I'm baffled that the opposition still is clinging onto "NEVER". It's really hilarious. Would be nice if High Elves had a joke like "You were wrong all along, blue is blue, red is red." to reference High Elf = Blood Elf-crowd and that there actually is a distinction between them.

Stop crying play your void elves you aint getting your legolas elves so u can rp in goldshire, play horde the high elves are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    I love reading the same people arguing eachother for WEEKS, WEEKS. I'm baffled that the opposition still is clinging onto "NEVER". It's really hilarious. Would be nice if High Elves had a joke like "You were wrong all along, blue is blue, red is red." to reference High Elf = Blood Elf-crowd and that there actually is a distinction between them.
    When you say the High Elf=Blood Elf crowd I assume of course you mean Game Director Ion Hazzikostas and the creator of Warcraft lore Chris Metzen, both of whom are on record as saying High Elves=Blood Elves?

I mean that's the critical difference between the two camps. I can quote senior blizzard employees involved in the creative process to back up my position.

Pro High Elfers believe if they whine long enough Blizzard will cave in. Twelve years and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I said one line and I had 2 of the usual suspects jump down my throat, this is why I'm pretty quiet on threads lately I'm abit tired of these guys but my support is with you guys all the way.
    If you want to offer support without being challenged by an opposing viewpoint use private messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    I don't really care about high elves, but it makes sense for alliance to have them.
    Regardless of your massive walls of text based off your speculations and self-righteous personals reasons as to why YOU don't want high elves.
    I find it hilarious that you opinionated shmucks say project your obsessive anti high elf rants as if you're part of Blizzard making the decisions. Stop making arguments like "HELFS R NEVER GONA HAPLEN". You know what muffin? You don't know that as much as anyone else does.
    And yet for some magically inexplicable reason you're directing it only at half of the people involved in the topic, when all of it applies to pro-High Elf people (with an addiction of colossal victim complex). Because you're intellectually honest like that.

Who knows, perhaps high elves will be added in 20 years from now? Stop being so blindly opposed to something that has no effect on you whatsoever. And if you let it affect you (for some reason) then I feel a lot worse for you then those who've been supposedly asking for high elves for "12 years".
    Yeah, because it's totally the people against High Elves that are flooding the forums with thread after thread after thread. And being annoyed at people doing that for more than a decade is totes comparable with, you know, actually doing it. Totally.

It's literally always the same 2-3 people posting their blind rants.
    You mean kinda like the people behind clogging the forums with pages upon pages of "we are entitled to High Elves"?

No one cares about your opinions.
    I'd like to introduce the concept of self-awareness to you.

I said one line and I had 2 of the usual suspects jump down my throat, this is why I'm pretty quiet on threads lately I'm abit tired of these guys but my support is with you guys all the way.
    The same as what I told VomitPrincess above - the same exact thing applies to High Elf whiners. Develop some self awareness because this is embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Both of you do us all a favour and DON'T read these threads you are both vile toxic hateful people and you are now ignored so don't bother responding and get over yourselves.
    You really dont take well on people not agreeing with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And yet for some magically inexplicable reason you're directing it only at half of the people involved in the topic, when all of it applies to pro-High Elf people (with an addiction of colossal victim complex). Because you're intellectually honest like that.

Yeah, because it's totally the people against High Elves that are flooding the forums with thread after thread after thread. And being annoyed at people doing that for more than a decade is totes comparable with, you know, actually doing it. Totally.

You mean kinda like the people behind clogging the forums with pages upon pages of "we are entitled to High Elves"?

I'd like to introduce the concept of self-awareness to you.

The same as what I told VomitPrincess above - the same exact thing applies to High Elf whiners. Develop some self awareness because this is embarrassing.
    This thread is a concept for high elves, why is that so offensive to you? Nice “NO YOU” arguments there. You don’t need to type your detailed rants, you’re reusing the same argument essentially saying “I don’t want high elves because Speculations and projections”.
    Saying I’m embarrassing myself doesn’t further prove your point, no one is forcing you to participate in the high elf threads.
    Go back to bashing your head with your horde obsession please, at least that’s somewhat amusing to read.

Like I said, if alliance get high elves, good for them. It’s probably the most valid allied race out there. If they don’t? Whatever.
    Last edited by Grythletubs; 2018-03-22 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of you do us all a favour and DON'T read these threads you are both vile toxic hateful people and you are now ignored so don't bother responding and get over yourselves.
    No, I am not. We have a disagreement. That does not make me a bad person.

However, it does show up your immaturity that you cannot handle debate on this topic.

Your point of view is not the only one on this topic.

You are not right.

And you prove me right by retreating to the comfort zone of an echo chamber where all you will hear is the positive reasons for adding Alliance High Elves.

You will be forever perplexed and outraged as to why the 'obvious' choice to add them is not taken. But that will be the result of your decision to dwell in ignorance. to silence everyone else who disagrees with you.

10+ Year Old Account

However, it does show up your immaturity that you cannot handle debate on this topic.

You are not right.

And you prove me right by retreating to the comfort zone of an echo chamber where all you will hear is the positive reasons for adding Alliance High Elves.

You will be forever perplexed and outraged as to why the 'obvious' choice to add them is not taken. But that will be the result of your decision to dwell in ignorance. to silence everyone else who disagrees with you.
    Sorry but he's right. You are toxic to this thread. All you keep saying is : "You are wrong" and "You won't get High elves". We got it but it's time for you to say something else, really.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Sorry but he's right. You are toxic to this thread. All you keep saying is : "You are wrong" and "You won't get High elves". We got it but it's time for you to say something else, really.

You cannot see how your entire demand is toxic, the entitlement of trying to get the Horde's most popular race without having to play Horde.

If you want a safe space where you can talk about how wonderful High Elves are, discuss how they are going to look, argue what mount they should use and plan out every detail of how your High Elf is going to be when Blizzard finally decides that everything they have said on this matter is wrong and they finally grant you your wish...I recommend setting up a website or at least a facebook group so you can vet who comments.

Then you can all indulge in your fantasy together without the fear of a contrary, sorry...'TOXIC' opinion.

But if you want to post about this topic on this website, as long as my commentary is relevant and falls within the terms of service, then I and others who share my point of view will be there to point out the tiny, trifling, small flaw with your desire.

That you are wrong and you won't get High Elves.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-03-22 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot see how your entire demand is toxic, the entitlement of trying to get the Horde's most popular race without having to play Horde.

If you want a safe space where you can talk about how wonderful High Elves are, discuss how they are going to look, argue of what mount they can use. plan out every detail of how your High Elf is going to be when Blizzard finally decides that everything they have said on this matter is wrong and they finally grant you your wish...I recommend setting up a website or at least a facebook group so you can vet who comments.

Then you can all indulge in your fantasy together without the fear of a contrary, sorry...'TOXIC' opinion.

But if you want to post about this topic on this website, as long as my commentary is relevant and falls within the terms of service, then I and others who share my point of view will be there to point out the tiny, trifling, small flaw with your desire.

That you are wrong and you won't get High Elves.
    I was told the same thing by tons of ignorant Obelisk Kai when I first said we were potentially getting void elves back in August 2017. And we got them.

Silvermoon is already doomed to become either conquered or destroyed by the Alliance. That's a matter of time. And high elves may still be a thing. And I will be looking at your comments when it'll happen.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

You are not right.

It’s fine for you to disagree but at least provide arguments other than “no you’re wrong” or “blizz said no”. I don’t think you’re hateful or a bad person

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s fine for you to disagree but at least provide arguments other than “no you’re wrong” or “blizz said no”. I don’t think you’re hateful or a bad person
    But I've provided plenty of arguments.

I've even reproduced everything Blizzard has said on the subject, showing a continuous line of thought from 2005 through to 2017.

Evidence is met with denial. People pretend or ignore the devs didn't mean what they said. Ion's words have been parsed to the point that those opposed are convinced he didn't rule them out when anyone else listening could see that was exactly what he was doing. They use the 'he's just one man' schtick, minimizing that he is the game director. They use non equivalent arguments such as 'well they got Falstad wrong' when comparing a dev getting confused on an obscure point of lore with a man who would have had to vet every allied race and would have been on the top of his brief when he ruled them out.

Before that, there were multiple blue posts people argued over. Not one supported playable High Elves, and those seeking playable High Elves sought to discount them on the basis of their age despite the fact their point of view was reflected in other posts across the years.

So I try and engage on an emotional level. I have explained that I find the Blood Elves siding with the Orcs in this fantasy world is a wonderfully unique inversion of the standard trope, found nowhere else in fantasy. To bring Alliance High Elves in would be akin to Blizzard saying they made a mistake, and that here we are reverting to a fantasy standard found everywhere else. You've cheapened the Blood Elves by bringing in a group whom their fans openly profess a preference for because they are so 'noble' and 'pure'

Pro High Elfers talk about their feelings and their wishes, but believe those opposed are simply killjoys without any similar level of investment in the Blood Elves or in the Horde faction.

Then I try logic. My favorite is the simplest, 'Why would Blizzard create Void Elves if they ever planned to introduce High Elves?'. The obvious answer is that they aren't going to introduce High Elves and that Void Elves were invented as a 'close enough' race to sate the demand for the model without giving a complete clone of a Horde race.

I have not once been countered by someone quoting a Blizzard employee back at me to support the opposing stance.

I have not once had a satisfactory answer to my logical question other than the one I provided myself.

The emotional argument is a question of different interpretations of lore, but I find nobody really wants to engage with that part and likes to pretend everyone opposed is out to ruin their fun for no good reason.

I guess after a while it's easy for my arguments to devolve to Blizzard says no. In the end, while it's blunt, it's also true and is a pretty quick response on most points.

Or Elder Scrolls Online. They just announced their second expansion and it's all about High Elves.
    And unlike the WoW High Elves, the Elder Scrolls Altmer are actually interesting. They are an incredibly racist, practice child eugenics, and have a deep hatred of anything associated with mortality.

Meanwhile the WoW High Elves only exist as a foil to the Blood Elves. Their only distinguishing lore is that they refuse to siphon mana and like the color blue.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Blood Elves are getting golden eyes . They will soo get blue. As they move away from the fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    What about a gold variation of the jewelry that the Nightborne get for their ears?
    This was a nice suggestion. It needed to be different from Nightborne, so this is wooden ear jewelry with feather accents. While I was at it, I threw in the idea of streaked hair dye for added customization. Something like the hair and ear jewelry would probably be optional. There's also some warpaint thrown onto the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    This was a nice suggestion. It needed to be different from Nightborne, so this is wooden ear jewelry with feather accents. While I was at it, I threw in the idea of streaked hair dye for added customization. Something like the hair and ear jewelry would probably be optional. There's also some warpaint thrown onto the ears.

The male ones look awsome, Traycor.
    I would play one for sure.

Don't like that blue scar-like stripe on the female face though.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, you don't seem a bad person. But you do seem a bit obsessed on proving High Elves aren't viable, though