Oh my good I need to be that bitch on the far right

All you guys talking about moving on, where have you been? These guys have been asking for High Elves since I started in BC. They've been asking for over a decade, they will ask for a decade more. There is no moving on here.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    For people who keep using this as a bad excuse for not adding them, I have only 1 word: Pandarens.
    I've seen some bad arguments but this one simply wins.

Are you comparing Elfs nº 5 with Pandarens, wihch are actually a legit race, unique, with diverse culture? For real? You just blew up OP's whole idea - if your allied race it's not as good as Pandaren, why should it be in-game?

And, contrary to your own belief, Pandaren are popular. Not more than Blood Elves, but hey - if we already have blood elves, why implement MORE blood elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    All you guys talking about moving on, where have you been? These guys have been asking for High Elves since I started in BC. They've been asking for over a decade, they will ask for a decade more. There is no moving on here.
    Yes, it's a basic staple of fantasy. Legolas-like elves that fight alongside humans and dwarves against orcs, trolls, and goblins. People will always want this as long as such a basic cornerstone of the genre is missing. I find it strange that people are annoyed by this request.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Yes, it's a basic staple of fantasy. Legolas-like elves that fight alongside humans and dwarves against orcs, trolls, and goblins. People will always want this as long as such a basic cornerstone of the genre is missing. I find it strange that people are annoyed by this request.
    Probably because these High elves are more bland than both blood and void elves. People dont want dev time going toward bland races. See Kul Tirans.

Blood Elves go Alliance and Void Elves go Horde. Problem mostly solved and themes fit better in general. (Obviously Blizzard isn't going to do that but it would have made more sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Probably because these High elves are more bland than both blood and void elves. People dont want dev time going toward bland races. See Kul Tirans.
    Hence the point of the thread: coming up with good ideas to further their design. Any suggestions for what would make the High Elves less "bland"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a part of the elf hating community, BUT I am a part of the no MORE elf community. We dont need a SEVENTH elf race (seriously just think about how many elf races there are already and just fucking pick one). Id rather they come up with other allied races that are actually unique instead of blood elves with a fancy name. More undead races, more trolls even, more gnomes (leper, mecha), at very least if another elf make it undead elves or worgen elves, something actually new and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Only reason most people don't want Kul Tirans is because they are fat, just see their comments. You are projecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Any suggestions for what would make the High Elves less "bland"?
    Them being rendered extinct so we don't have to deal with them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Them being rendered extinct so we don't have to deal with them anymore.
    I noticed in the other thread that you want two elf races added to horde. Me thinks your motives are tainted

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Exactly. Only reason why these people are acting so selfish is because they don't want their popular entitled horde race to be copied over on the alliance. Then when blizzard started to pull a elf race that doesn't have a backstory what's so ever these people join on a entitled bandwagon and start harassing players who wanted to have high elves playable and pull two of dumbest excuses like "Blood Elves are High Elves" or "You got Void Elves move on, no more Elves"

Those kinds of excuses make me cringe and reason why I don't support those kinds of players. Do you see me bullying and harassing people for wanting ogres, or mag'har orcs, or undead humans? No. I'll support the idea of playable high elves and Wildhammer Dwarves until blizzard give the alliance players what they have been wanting for a long time now. Player Choice and freedom to play whatever you want is fair. Focusing people to play something they don't like is not healthy for game.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Deleted
    I'm with the majority in this thread. I think High Elves only enriches WoW. You could argue the same issues with mag'har orcs that they are just recolors of regular ones BUT people want them anyway. I don't see any problem with leting other people play out their WoW fantasy in any way. To the argument that there are enough elves and if you want to play a Legolas-like elf,"Go play something else"-crowd, YOU should go play another game because THE MAJORITY of WoW players are playing elves (Blood Elves majority on Horde, Night Elves second on Alliance.).

People are going to continue to want Alliance High Elves and people would be really pissed if Blizzard decided to kill them off in an ***pull only compared to Void Elves. It all started 11 years ago when the Horde needed more players for faction balance if that wouldnt have been the case, Alliance would of had High Elves. I love this discussion and I think its really inspiring to see so many requests about playable High Elves.
    Last edited by mmocfcf20dc9e1; 2018-03-10 at 02:55 AM.

wonderful!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    They have designed things for the 1st before that are later actually used. I'd love to see an April 1st joke of High Elf designs to test the waters. That would be awesome! Great way to get feedback.
    like 2 headed ogres,yeah would be awesome whey they say its a joke and everyone will be like muh pure elves BabyRage

Well, the truth is that Void Elves pretty much wrecked any legitimate arguments against High Elves at the same time they made them superfluous, so it is no wonder it opened the gates of hell for every high elf stalwart to go bananas.

High Elf demand is gonna keep being a thing until Blizz has an official say on this; I hope that something akin the Prelates of Rezan would suffice. For me and many would be enough fro Blizz to just say in game that high elves can't be playable.

But then that brings us to the thing of why aren't Void Elves made of High Elves, which would have made at least half of the helf fans happy and maybe drowned the demand of the few remaining.

So IDK what gives. High Elves keep being as unresolved as ever, popping everywhere, and people are gonna keep asking for them.

I certainly hope that BfA intends to solve this question with the three remaining Windrunners all at play.

All dreams of having Highelf on Alliance died with introduction of Voidelf . All you can do is now roll a Voidelf and choose the lightest skin and pretend you're Highelf.

10+ Year Old Account

No but seriously the only ''Elf'' race that I'd accept is Dark Ranger and that boat probably has already sailed on the Horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Well, the truth is that Void Elves pretty much wrecked any legitimate arguments against High Elves at the same time they made them superfluous, so it is no wonder it opened the gates of hell for every high elf stalwart to go bananas.

High Elf demand is gonna keep being a thing until Blizz has an official say on this; I hope that something akin the Prelates of Rezan would suffice. For me and many would be enough fro Blizz to just say in game that high elves can't be playable.

But then that brings us to the thing of why aren't Void Elves made of High Elves, which would have made at least half of the helf fans happy and maybe drowned the demand of the few remaining.

So IDK what gives. High Elves keep being as unresolved as ever, popping everywhere, and people are gonna keep asking for them.

I certainly hope that BfA intends to solve this question with the three remaining Windrunners all at play.
    They're keeping high elves for a rainy day when quarterly reports will need a financial injection.