Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    are you implying you can build house with high elves?
    I'm starting to think you're trolling, at this point. Why even use that exact number?

just because you don't aprove, don't men its not evidence.
    Dude, "ZOMG they used the word 'several'!!" is not a valid argument. And the citation of the archmage is valid because it's an in-game source. He may have been wrong on the account of attacking elves, but that does not necessarily mean he's wrong about everything else.

just because you think it don't don't mean it don't, i already show how they flourish the events to look like there is more than reality
    You haven't. Read above. Complaining about the word "several" being used is not a valid argument.

oh yeah the nitpicking again, lets just attack the word and not the entire point, not moving goalposts
    Except this "word" is a big part of your point when you talk about "flourishing".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm starting to think you're trolling, at this point. Why even use that exact number?
    you are the one with the bricks argument

Dude, "ZOMG they used the word 'several'!!" is not a valid argument. And the citation of the archmage is valid because it's an in-game source. He may have been wrong on the account of attacking elves, but that does not necessarily mean he's wrong about everything else.
    its not a valid source to determine the actual, factual and true number of elves, and its exactly what they do in the page, take it as canon and factual source of how many high elves exist, like i said, flourish, even the wowwiki(who cite the archmage) at least said the number is "not precisely known"

They also barely mention their losses among the expansions and they inability to breed faster, who decrease their numbers even more.

funny thing, if the archmage number was canon, maybe half or 2/3 of then is already lost due to their causalities, in theramore, isle of thunder, etc, putting how they are scattered around the globe, this diminish even more the possibility of then being playable.

You haven't. Read above. Complaining about the word "several" being used is not a valid argument.
    alright

Except this "word" is a big part of your point when you talk about "flourishing".
    no its not, its just one of the things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    -snip-
    I doubt Vereesa's exile happened at the same time or for the same reasons. She wasn't in Quel'Thalas during its fall and it seems she didn't return to help attempt to reclaim it from the Scourge. It also seems she didn't try to use her connection to the Kirin Tor Council in order to have her prince's life spared when he was sentenced to death in her new city of residence. These things, in combination, with her active attempts to try and sabotage the blood elves' position in Dalaran - sometimes murderously - probably lead to Lor'themar pronouncing her exiled, even if she wasn't present for any dramatic ceremonial banishment.

I know I'd revoke the citizenship of an ex-pat working that hard to hurt my people (especially after they had just experienced a genocide) if I had the power to.

you are the one with the bricks argument
    ... It wasn't an argument, it was an example of how quantifiers like 'few' and 'several' depend on context.

its not a valid source to determine the actual, factual and true number of elves, and its exactly what they do in the page, take it as canon and factual source of how many high elves exist, like i said, flourish, even the wowwiki(who cite the archmage) at least said the number is "not precisely known"
    No, this is just you, again, grasping at straws in your attempts to make the "other side" look bad. The information is not presented as "hard canon information", i.e. "word of god", but actually as information coming from a character's observation within the universe, which means the information is not precise, and subject to errors, because no character is perfect.

They also barely mention their losses among the expansions and they inability to breed faster, who decrease their numbers even more.
    Headcanon moar, plz.

no its not, its just one of the things.
    Yeah. "One of the things" you refuse to address once called out.

7+ Year Old Account
    ... It wasn't an argument, it was an example of how quantifiers like 'few' and 'several' depend on context.
    i also used as example with a bit of sarcasm

No, this is just you, again, grasping at straws in your attempts to make the "other side" look bad.
    i don't rly need to do that, they do for themselves

The information is not presented as "hard canon information"
    lots of he discussion use this s hard canon information and word of god because it is in the game so = factual canon, ive been in those topics for long years and this always pop out

i.e. "word of god", but actually as information coming from a character's observation within the universe, which means the information is not precise, and subject to errors, because no character is perfect.
    exactly, i agree with that, the point is the page don't said is not an actual proof, and its not precise, like in wowwiki

Headcanon moar, plz.
    Veressa said its rare for elves to have kids even more twins in her book, night of the dragon i think, when that dude kidnap her kids, elves as any race who live longer don't have children often, this is a common concept in fantasy

Yeah. "One of the things" you refuse to address once called out.
    your nitpicking is hardly a call out

i don't rly need to do that, they do for themselves
    Apparently they don't, since here we have you going out of your way to grasp at straws to make them look bad.

exactly, i agree with that, the point is the page don't said is not an actual proof, and its not precise, like in wowwiki
    It does, by pointing out that the information comes from an in-game character's notes, not from Blizzard themselves.

Veressa said its rare for elves to have kids even more twins in her book, night of the dragon i think, when that dude kidnap her kids, elves as any race who live longer don't have children often, this is a common concept in fantasy
    But does it say anything about the speed at which they breed?

your nitpicking is hardly a call out
    Considering your refusal to address that, I'd say my "nitpicking" is right on the money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they don't, since here we have you going out of your way to grasp at straws to make them look bad.
    yeah sure

It does, by pointing out that the information comes from an in-game character's notes, not from Blizzard themselves.
    it don't, they must say its not precise, or not canon, otherwise will spread false information and people will think as absolutely truth, cause lots of people think if its in the game is canon

But does it say anything about the speed at which they breed?
    If they don't have children often this mean they barely have children because they reproduce slow

or you are again, nitpicking and changing the goals to look like im talking, i dunno, the time they pass in the uterus or some shit like that?

Considering your refusal to address that, I'd say my "nitpicking" is right on the money.
    im not going to "address" your nitpicking cause its irrelevant to the point, you just grasp one word and attack it,ignoring everything else, and think you "call out" not even worth

it don't, they must say its not precise, or not canon, otherwise will spread false information and people will think as absolutely truth, cause lots of people think if its in the game is canon
    No, they don't. By making it clear that it comes from an in-game character's observation the whole information from its notes become imprecise. Again, this is just you going out of your way, grasping at straws, to make those that support the idea of playable high elves look bad. Not everyone needs spoon-fed, pre-chewed information.

im not going to "address" your nitpicking cause its irrelevant to the point, you just grasp one word and attack it,ignoring everything else, and think you "call out" not even worth
    It is so "irrelevant" to your point that you made it "front and center" as one of your four 'points' of your argumentation originally:
    1- Saying several high elves many times when they are few

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't.
    yueah sure, no one will do that, you are totally right.

It is so "irrelevant" to your point that you made it "front and center" as one of your four 'points' of your argumentation originally:
    whatever you say

yueah sure, no one will do that, you are totally right.
    No, they really don't need to make it "so overly precise". The webpage states, clearly, that it comes from the observations of a character within said universe. Asking for more than that is just you trying to grasp at straws to try to ridicule the opposition.

whatever you say
    Mock all you want. Doesn't change the fact you the one who brought it up. As one of your four main contention points, mind you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    High Elves, or just Elves, are 15 years late. We have four other elven races too many, when all we needed were the Quel'Dorei, in the first place. End of story.
    The Blood Elf lore linked to the horde was a cool thing, it's cool AF.

What i mean is that we have to think into the future, warcraft lore expanded and changed over time, don't feel attached to the past.

If you want to make the petition for HE it shouldn't come from a perspective of what the right thing would have been, if not based for the present time and how it still makes sense.

I just wanted to comment on that, because it's a point of view that i feel is more harmful than anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    High Elves, or just Elves, are 15 years late. We have four other elven races too many, when all we needed were the Quel'Dorei, in the first place. End of story.
    You mean 3 Dark Elf Theme Blue Skin Elves and only one original skin race.

This game has way too many Blueberry Elves than original skin races which is what the Alliance really needs. Including that Faction since they lack any variety of elves other than Thalassian Blueberries and edgy night elf blueberries.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post

This game has way too many Blueberry Elves than original skin races which is what the Alliance really needs. Including that Faction since they lack any variety of elves other than Thalassian Blueberries and edgy night elf blueberries.
    Why are trying to dig up the beaten dead horse from the ground? I thought this pointless thread was finally dead...
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Why are trying to dig up the beaten dead horse from the ground? I thought this pointless thread was finally dead...
    Make a Official Anti High Elf Thread then. If you don't like this one or the Pros talking about High Elves in General.

I thought Anti HEers couldn't get any worse and annoying.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

10+ Year Old Account

A number of pro High Elfers have made the argument that the desire for Alliance High Elves is based on lore. And I believe those who make that argument. But don't blame Ion or any other dev for discounting it as the desire for a "fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elf" when posters such as yourself make comments such as 'original skin races which is what the Alliance really needs'.

In terms of those precious, precious 'original skin races' you think the Alliance is starved of, let us see how the poor Alliance fares in those stakes.

Alliance races with 'original' skin tones - Humans. Gnomes. Dwarves. Gilnean Worgen in their Human form. Kul Tiran Humans. So out of the eleven options currently available to the Alliance, nearly half have 'original' skin tone options. And if Mecha Gnomes are added as the twelfth Alliance option, it will be fully half, six out of twelve.

Yes, clearly when half your options are dominated by 'original' skin tones, the Alliance has an issue with a severe lack of choice in that department.

As for a 'lack' of Elves, you have two options, same as the Horde. One Night Elf type, one Thalassian type.

P.S. Did you really make your avatar a Blood Elf variant of @Aeula? I am not sure if he would be impressed or amused.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2019-02-20 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

Nice fan art man, I appreciate it. But what you need to realise is that any chance of the Alliance getting High Elves jumped off a cliff when Void Elves were added. Blizzard won't give the Alliance access to two variants of a Horde model.

Lorewise I expect all High Elves to either die become Void Elves at some point. Just so Blizzard can end this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nice fan art man, I appreciate it. But what you need to realise is that any chance of the Alliance getting High Elves jumped off a cliff when Void Elves were added. Blizzard won't give the Alliance access to two variants of a Horde model.

Lorewise I expect all High Elves to either die become Void Elves at some point. Just so Blizzard can end this mess.
    They can't become Void elves since void elves are basically blood elves who have suffered an unexpected transformation.

They will remain High elves mastering the void.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    They can't become Void elves since void elves are basically blood elves who have suffered an unexpected transformation.

They will remain High elves mastering the void.
    I am sure that Umbric will try to make more controlled transformation. Only obstacle is that high elves hate using "evil" magic, so Umbric will have to use stronger means of persuasion.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am sure that Umbric will try to make more controlled transformation. Only obstacle is that high elves hate using "evil" magic, so Umbric will have to use stronger means of persuasion.
    Alleria isn't transformed and Umbric doesn't seem to care about her being still a high elf...

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Alleria isn't transformed and Umbric doesn't seem to care about her being still a high elf...
    She is his boss, so he can't complain, especially if she is so powerful. However, I think that becoming a void elf increases power over Void(see racials), so all who will join him would like to become one.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.