Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/ltWnPbt.jpg

Some High Elf Fanart to celebrate being close to 500 pages
    I can't wait till blood elves get those alleria tattoos and blue eyes. Will look great with hidden chest and pally challenge mode set.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I can't wait till blood elves get those alleria tattoos and blue eyes. Will look great with hidden chest and pally challenge mode set.
    What makes you think Blood Elves would get Alliance features?

It's like those players asking for Horde Elves to get proper beards. Alliance feature

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    What makes you think Blood Elves would get Alliance features?

It's like those players asking for Horde Elves to get proper beards. Alliance feature
    Excuse me sir but those are ELVISH features. What's anduin going to do, sue the sindorie for developing blue eyes from the well's arcane properties or tatting themselves up like they used to? What if the tats were red.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized something. A lot of helfers claim that they don't care about the name"high elf" and that all they want are the alliance aligned pure thalasian elves.

However, picture this. What if Kael'thas never name changed his people? What if blood elves never came to be and just always remained to be known as high elves.

Everything that's happened to the elves would remain the same. They're introduced as the new Horde race in TBC, have green eyes, introduce pallys to the horde, etc.

Having said that, the entire high elf movement would have 0 traction. You guys would essentially be asking for a horde race with different eyes. Lol seriously just picture it.

This is why i still think they just need to be a neutral race instead of an AR.

So please stop claiming that the name is not important when its the only reason this thread and the one in the wow forums exist in the first place.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-03-25 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/ltWnPbt.jpg

Some High Elf Fanart to celebrate being close to 500 pages
    Maybe It's just me, but all I am seeing is a Sin'dorei with blue eyes. At least the Ren'dorei have different eyes + different skin + possibly tentacle hair (which no other race has).
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Muh-uh. Sure honey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Maybe It's just me, but all I am seeing is a Sin'dorei with blue eyes. At least the Ren'dorei have different eyes + different skin + possibly tentacle hair (which no other race has).
    "All I am seeing is a Sin'dorei with blue eyes" has to be the saddest take I have seen in this thread so far. Shut it down boys, High Elves have been retroactively erased from continuity by Void Fallen.

- - - Updated - - -

This is great work!! Thanks for sharing
    Thank you !

"All I am seeing is a Sin'dorei with blue eyes" has to be the saddest take I have seen in this thread so far. Shut it down boys, High Elves have been retroactively erased from continuity by Void Fallen.
    Imagine wasting time defending a "race" (actually the more accurate term is "political party") that is just Sin'dorei with blue eyes. And Ion already shut you down several times before I did.

Excuse me sir but those are ELVISH features. What's anduin going to do, sue the sindorie for developing blue eyes from the well's arcane properties or tatting themselves up like they used to? What if the tats were red.
    I'm sure that Anduin, like Ion, doesn't give a shit about "Quel'dorei rights", if they even exist in the first place.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-03-25 at 07:22 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Patch 9.0:

The high elves have decided to follow kaelthas' noble gesture and call themselves blood elves in honor of their slaughtered brethren. They will however continue their alliance with humans, because if padaren can do it why can't us.

In other news. Global ocean levels rise to dangerous heights as helfer tears continue to run after losing their only, yet weak, credible leverage.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-03-25 at 07:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for a source on the bold where the Thalassians can choose which energies they use within the well. You will notice that Blood Elf Warlocks still retain their Green Eyes even though the Sunwell itself is holy/arcane energies.

So just waiting on a source for that. Lemme know if you or others find one.

Anduin wouldn't have to do anything. Blizzard already made it so, as pointed out by others with sources to back it up, even some from Ion who a few consider "Word of God" showcasing that since the birth of WoW: Alliance High Elves = Blue Eyes and Horde Blood Elves = Green (+ Gold now) Eyes.

Still waiting for a source on the bold where the Thalassians can choose which energies they use within the well. You will notice that Blood Elf Warlocks still retain their Green Eyes even though the Sunwell itself is holy/arcane energies.

So just waiting on a source for that. Lemme know if you or others find one.

Anduin wouldn't have to do anything. Blizzard already made it so, as pointed out by others with sources to back it up, even some from Ion who a few consider "Word of God" showcasing that since the birth of WoW: Alliance High Elves = Blue Eyes and Horde Blood Elves = Green (+ Gold now) Eyes.
    Last time i checked belf lock players can choose gold eyes if they please. And i never said they can choose lore wise. All im saying is that it is perfectly possible for belves to develop blue eyes due to the well's duel magical properties. If deemed so by blizz of course.

And if eye color customisation becomes a thing you can bet your ass belves will get green gold and BLUE as options.

Why add helves as an AR when you could just give belves those blue eyes and tattoos without taking a dump on the lore or adding a shitty third copy of blood elves and call it a new AR.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-03-25 at 08:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Last time i checked belf lock players can choose gold eyes if they please. And i never said they can choose lore wise. All im saying is that it is perfectly possible for belves to develop blue eyes due to the well's duel magical properties. If deemed so by blizz of course.
    It became a player option because of a gameplay reason, and as previously discussed Blizzard is using Blue Eye Thalassians to refer to Alliance High Elves.

Also the reason Gold Eyes came about is because of the end of TBC where the Sunwell is purified by a Naaru, thus cleansing the Sunwell and it being now Holy and Arcane properties (nowhere is it said 50/50 btw). Then they said going forward you will see NPC BE Pallies/Priests with Gold Eyes because they heavily use the Light.

The only reason players get access to it is because they didn't want to lock it to only BE Pallies/Priests. AKA a gameplay reason for BE PCs getting to choose Gold Eyes.

It's not like they decided to give BE PCs Gold Eyes "just cause". All the above had to happen: a lore reason, then a gameplay reason together.

And if eye color customisation becomes a thing you can bet your ass belves will get green gold and BLUE as options.
    We'll see when that point arrives, if it does then it does. Although I more think they were speaking of races who already have multiple eye colors locked to faces such as Humans, Orcs, and probably Dwarves or whoever else. But again, we'll just have to see once that's a real thing.

Why add helves as an AR when you could just give belves those blue eyes and tattoos without taking a dump on the lore or adding a shitty third copy of blood elves and call it a new AR.
    It is actually a dump on lore to add those options to Blood Elves. It would be like giving Green Orcs access to Brown skin. It takes away what made the race visually what they are today in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe It's just me, but all I am seeing is a Sin'dorei with blue eyes.
    They're called Quel'dorei.

It is actually a dump on lore to add those options to Blood Elves. It would be like giving Green Orcs access to Brown skin. It takes away what made the race visually what they are today in the first place.
    Oh please no its not. Don't compare green/brown skin orcs with helves and belves. Honesty the green eyes are just minor side effect that can be reversed or changed as you can clearly see with the gold eyes.

Orc on the other hand have been green for decades and there doesn't seem to be anything potent enough cleanse their DEEP ROOTED corruption.

Idk what the exact ratio of the sunwell is between holy and arcane but the fact that arcane exists in it mean that it is definitely possible for a belf to develop blue eyes based on what weve seen with gold. You could even argue that mages would develop blue eyes and then open it too all classes for the same reasons you stated.

Excuse me sir but those are ELVISH features.
    Correction, facial tattoos are a NIGHT-ELVISH feature and have been since vanilla WoW.
    Blue eyes combined with a fair pink skin have been a human and gnome feature since vanilla WoW.

Giving either to a Horde race would blur faction lines

However, picture this. What if Kael'thas never name changed his people? What if blood elves never came to be and just always remained to be known as high elves.
    Blizzard would probably have followed the route they took with Mag'har Orcs and Draenei.

Mag'har means "uncorrupted" in Orcish. It's not a name they chose for themselves. It was originally used for the brown Orcs remaining in Outland because they didn't turn green due to fel corruption...sounds familiar ? The Allied Race of brown Orcs is also called Mag'har Orcs...again they didn't choose this name for themselves since fel corruption never took place on their planet. They probably still see themselves as true Orcs.

Draenei and Eredar are another example of a fel-corrupted and uncorrupted groups having been given different names by Blizzard.

If Blizzard hadn't renamed High Elves into Blood Elves back in Warcraft 3, then they would have probably come up with a new label for "uncorrupted" blue-eyed High Elves. Maybe Supreme'dorei ..or as Caydiem already called them "true High Elves".

So please stop claiming that the name is not important when its the only reason this thread and the one in the wow forums exist in the first place.
    Do you seriously believe that this thread and others like it would exist if Gnolls were called "High Elves" ?
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    They're called Quel'dorei.
    Depends whether you are referring to the political party who still call themselves "Quel'dorei" and follow Vereesa Windrunner, or some of the Sin'dorei who have regained their blue eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends whether you are referring to the political party who still call themselves "Quel'dorei" and follow Vereesa Windrunner, or some of the Sin'dorei who have regained their blue eyes.
    Oh and which ones?

Oh and which ones?
    The ones that are bound to happen when blizzard implements eye color customization options and add blue eyes to them for the same reasons as gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones that are bound to happen when blizzard implements eye color customization options and add blue eyes to them for the same reasons as gold.
    I think we all got your point of view Varx.

Oh please no its not. Don't compare green/brown skin orcs with helves and belves.
    Why not, Blizzard did:

"The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way." -- Ask CDev Round 3

Orc on the other hand have been green for decades and there doesn't seem to be anything potent enough cleanse their DEEP ROOTED corruption.
    "The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way." -- Ask CDev Round 3

Idk what the exact ratio of the sunwell is between holy and arcane but the fact that arcane exists in it mean that it is definitely possible for a belf to develop blue eyes based on what weve seen with gold. You could even argue that mages would develop blue eyes and then open it too all classes for the same reasons you stated.
    I think the Suwell's arcane power turning the High Elves eyes blue is generally assumed but I don't think there is any official lore supporting it. At least I haven't been able to find it so if you know a lore source please link it.

The only Blood Elves, that I am aware of, whose green eyes have turned blue so far have been the Ren'dorei. Most Blood Elves seem reluctant to try that approach.
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see in it the void glow
    I did this yesterday, and it didn't had this glow, maybe it was changed after, though i do think that the Sunwell may end up destroyed if Alleria attacks Silvermoon (and to be fair, i don't think is IF is more WHEN), but in general, the Void Elfs are going to "reproduced" as shown in their Starting zone, most likely ending absorbing all the HEs of the Alliance (that alone may eventually push Blizzard to add the VE more Costumization, hopefully to eventually look Alleria style -even though i still like the VE look-)

I think we all got your point of view Varx.
    My logic is flawless if that was the case then this thread would end......... Right.....NOW.