Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Okay dude.
    Feel free to provide any proof you have that factions are merging. But don't be passive aggressive, it's unbecoming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I did. See my posts.

What's the ? Are you serious ?

Nah. You're fooling yourself. When someone keeps saying "IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG U FAILED BECAUSE MY OPINION IS FACT" we just tend to get bored and thus we no longer debate. But that doesn't mean you're right. And playable high elves or not, we'll always call for them to be playable because we think they have to be playable and your poor arguments from outdated informations won't change anything. Sorry buddy
    As if your argument is any different than what you just said.

Facts are only bad if you can't accept them, which seems to be the case for you. Most of what you guys propose is 100% speculation and theory. You bend the lore when it doesn't suit you. You cite the lore when it does. Our argument? Unwavering. It has never changed. And when it doesn't change, you attempt to diminish the weight of it with pathetic attempts to make the truth seem like a bad thing. It's truly marvelous to watch such desperation regarding a fictional race. It's also rather ironic, because like the High Elves, none of you seem to unite under the same banner.

The only thing outdated in this thread is the call for playable High Elves.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-10-02 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Snipped.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I'm curious. Mind giving us a pic of it ?
    Doesn't seem as though my main can access it anymore. I'll do the quests and take my alt there I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Doesn't seem as though my main can access it anymore. I'll do the quests and take my alt there I guess.
    Isn't that a curious problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Isn't that a curious problem.
    I brought my final character, my Alliance shaman, through the scenario a few days ago. I kept my eyes peeled to see if there was anything substantial regarding these blue ballistas, flew all over the battlefield looking for high elf exiles or anything that could support the theory that the high elves were contributing to the battle.

I think I'd have noticed a new banner.

I think a new banner would have been found by now by multiple people and used to spread rumours. You don't need much to spread rumours in the wow community. We have a thread dedicated to a Northrend 2.0 expansion based on a Wendigo onesie for example.

I think Fossilfree definitely believes he saw a new banner, but once he gets back to the scenario on an alt he will see he mistook something else entirely for a new high elf banner. After all, the fact that nobody else has seen such a thing and he is the only person to mention it strongly suggests this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I brought my final character, my Alliance shaman, through the scenario a few days ago. I kept my eyes peeled to see if there was anything substantial regarding these blue ballistas, flew all over the battlefield looking for high elf exiles or anything that could support the theory that the high elves were contributing to the battle.

I think a new banner would have been found by now by multiple people and used to spread rumours. You don't need much to spread rumours in the wow community. We have a thread dedicated to a Northrend 2.0 expansion based on a Wendigo onesie for example.

I think Fossilfree definitely believes he saw a new banner, but once he gets back to the scenario on an alt he will see he mistook something else entirely for a new high elf banner. After all, the fact that nobody else has seen such a thing and he is the only person to mention it strongly suggests this is the case.
    As I suspected. I have also not seen a banner, and I play both factions. I've done the scenario twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You insisting it does doesn't make it so. The issue here never was "why they did it", but "they said they wouldn't, but then they did it."
    And the why they did it is important because nothing occurs in a vacuum. All you're doing is shaking your head and saying it isn't valid because you're desperately trying to retain a weak argument.

That fact is irrelevant because you'll almost never meet another player without armor, and even without armor, you just won't see the differences between nightborne and night elves at first glance, while they're out in the world doing their business.
    This is categorically false given the ability to transmog.
    If it didnt matter, then any race can be on any side because armor hides their appearance. Le shrug.

Wrong. Nope. Try again.
    Several times you've asserted I've made statements that I have never made, and you don't even acknowledge my pointing it out to you. I don't need to argue with you since anyone can read your posts and see it anyway. So...

Oh, I'm so sorry that I don't have all the money in the world to buy all pieces of extended Warcraft lore ever published nor all the time in the world to read all said pieces of extended Warcraft lore. (sarcasm, if you couldn't tell)
    Not my problem. When you enter a debate you are expected to be equipped with the necessary knowledge. You don't jump into a discussion with a doctor about the prevention of myocardial infarctions or athelerosclerosis without being properly educated do you?

Also, you gave the wrong information, since it's not in the Shadow of the Sun story.
    Cool, which part was wrong information?

Lots of words to say nothing regarding my point. My point is that the high elves suffered more under the mana addiction withdrawal because they did not feed on living beings like the blood elves.
    Cool, cite the lore supporting it because everything says all thalassian elves suffered the same.

False.
    What were blood elves called before WC3?

The only think I'm "upset" is the lies and strawman you're making of my arguments, despite so many times I corrected you regarding your understanding of my points. I'm starting to think you're doing this intentionally. Which, again, says a lot about how you're here in bad faith.
    To be honest, I don't believe you are keeping track of your own points given you don't keep track of what is stated by myself.

There is no inconsistency in my arguments regarding the high elves and how they suffered under the mana addiction withdrawal. Your confusion is just a natural consequence of you believing your own strawman. And the reason I'm bringing up the moral argument is because the morals plays a heavy part of the high elf/blood elf separation, as it started with the schism regarding "mana vampirism".
    I mean...again...not disagreeing with you on why the schism occurred, I am simply disagreeing with you on the notion that high elves suffered more. Furthermore, yeah, there is, go read your posts where this all began you'l

You really don't know how lore works, do you? Of course you wouldn't see goblin and worgen DKs in Wrath because those races weren't available as a playable race before Cata.
    You do realize we saw both Worgens and Goblins prior to Cata as non-playable races right? They weren't present in WotLK because there were no goblin/worgen DK's period. I find it hilarious you say "you don't see any because they weren't playable til Cata" but then in your previous response, spoke of how they were present everywhere prior to it. You're incredibly inconsistent. The rest of this response was irrelevant so its been removed.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what "projection" means.
    That...isn't what projected means. Do refrain from trying to flamebait.

Sure there is. It's called "mana tap". The skill in which the blood elves used to drain mana from living beings. It's what they used to avoid suffering the effects of the withdrawal. The HEs did not accept such skill, therefore they suffered more under their addiction.
    Except for the fact that Rommath taught all the thalassian elves mana tapping, and so the high elves were using mana tapping. They simply refused to mana tap living things. Your argument is again, unsupported.

Except blood elves did not have to "endure" anything since they had "mana tap" to drain mana from living beings and sate their addiction and stave off the withdrawal symptoms, something high elves did not have.
    Yes, they did, and it is clearly stated in the blood elf starter zone the challenges of magic addiction. So again, you are incorrect.

So that's fine, in your book? It's fine that those elves were put in such a dire situation since, as per your claim "most remained safe"? Not to mention that high elves fought against the Scourge just as much as blood elves before being banished by Lor'themar.
    Cool, name the high elves who were out there fighting the scourge outside of the quel'lithien high elves? It was stated Vereesa herself fled Lordaeron and stayed in Stormwind with Rommath in relative safety.

I'm not. I'm not ignoring anything. I just don't care what they look like. All I care is to play the lore of the high elves. Simple as that.
    Cool, void elves should scratch the itch then since they're blood elves who were high elves.

Again: there zero barriers in gameplay.
    Again, there are barriers which have also been stated by Blizzard as existing . Your willful bejhavior to ignore it does not support your arguments. Allied races have done nothing of the sort given the change snightborne and void elves went thorugh.
    So what? That does not mean their stance will never change. Blizzard changed their stance on things several times in the past, with the most glaring example of that is Classic servers.
    And why did they change their mind on it?
    Originally "not enough interest" for them to do it. That changed.
    High elves? Most requested, still not playable. Clearly, the context is different.

Aesthetics is not "gameplay". You don't "play" aesthetics.
    Which is why the most popular race in the game in Vanilla WoW was humans, and the most popular race in the game after TBC has been blood elves, and why the most popular allied race by far is void elves. Aesthetics is part of gameplay believe it or not.

You mean pirate it?
    Hey, what you do is your own thing. I simply stated its online.

@elbuet: Cool story, but claiming the lore is old does not an argument make. Provide information that retcons it. Otherwise, you are doing nothing but screaming "you're wrong" repeatedly.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like the no-High Elf crowd is the newest incarnation of the no-flyers. We all saw how that turned out...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    You've already established you don't read what is written in front of you, and considering the fact Aldo was also in agreement with me, I do believe you simply did not read it at all. Mind you, Aldo is perhaps one of the hardcore pro helfers.
    Look, this is not about agreeing. When something is correct, it is correct. Doesn't matter who agrees. Stop using others to support your statements.

Ielenia has brought many, many points that are correct regarding the matter, you have brought much, much less to the conversation, only troubled answers to those who are not in your position or don't agree with you.

You don't want to debate nor discuss, you want to win a fight and to shut down the request. I have pretty much demonstrated it time and time again, very extensively may I add.

That attitude leads nowhere and my suggestion for others is to stop engaging in such circular behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    It seems like the no-High Elf crowd is the newest incarnation of the no-flyers. We all saw how that turned out...
    Except flying and taking a race from the Horde are in no way, shape, or form comparable topics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Courtesy of Celekolnir from official forums (US):

Silver Covenant NPCs in SW attack Horde on sight. The Horde counterpart to them does not

"SiLvEr CoVeNaNt R nUtRuL!@#!4"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    When something is correct, it is correct.
    Glad you got the point, but that is the only part of your response which had any substance. The rest is vitriole where you conduct transference. Not interested.

5+ Year Old Account
    Glad you got the point, but that is the only part of your response which had any substance. The rest is vitriole where you conduct transference. Not interested.
    Of course it will not have substance unless it goes in your favor, as anything else properly.

You are just interested in finding people that says: Yes, yes.

All you have done has been basically fighting others through repeating: 'No, what I say is the truth, you are simply wrong, no, hear me I know more than anyone else'.

The fact of the matter is that you didn't lasted too long until clinging a puny medal on your chest the moment I pointed you brought something that was factual, it's just like that.

I still suggest everyone else to not engage with this anymore, as per the record, the only responses contains cut quotes and responses that demonstrate a lack of willing to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

I can't wait to see how much time it will last until you use this commentary to make appear as if the 'new delusion of the helfers' is this, when it is just one guy saying something that is not even clear. It's gonna be entertaining.

Demagogy is a double edged attitude. In the end, it just appeal to those who mindlessly agree and does nothing to understand the other sides of the argument.

Of course it will not have substance unless it goes in your favor, as anything else properly.
    This is again, just transference on your part.
    Hardly. I come into the conversation knowing someone disagrees with me. Unlike yourself, I don't demean or flame people for disagreeing with me. If they state something that does not support their argument, I will point it out.
    All you have done has been basically fighting others through repeating: 'No, what I say is the truth, you are simply wrong, no, hear me I know more than anyone else'.
    That's cool and all, but can you substantiate this claim? Have you ignored the fact I have requested the individual provide canon information to refute the lore and information I provided? That seems like it.
    The fact of the matter is that you didn't lasted too long until clinging a puny medal on your chest the moment I pointed you brought something that was factual, it's just like that.
    Sorry I am having a difficult time understanding what you're stating here. Clarify?
    I still suggest everyone else to not engage with this anymore, as per the record, the only responses contains cut quotes and responses that demonstrate a lack of willing to understand.
    This just seems more transference on your part Aldo.

I can't wait to see how much time it will last until you use this commentary to make appear as if the 'new delusion of the helfers' is this, when it is just one guy saying something that is not even clear. It's gonna be entertaining.
    Not sure where you are going with this exactly Aldo, it doesn't make much sense.
    Demagogy is a double edged attitude. In the end, it just appeal to those who mindlessly agree and does nothing to understand the other sides of the argument.
    This entire post of yours just seems more to be railing against the fact people disagree, than focusing on the arguments they present.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The irony here is regardless of the status of this banner, there was still High Elven siege equipment. You don't get that without a siegeworks, which also means a settlement. He has simply picked the low hanging fruit to attack while ignoring the more substantial evidence provided in-game, that being a contingent of siege equipment led by Vereesa Windrunner, a High Elf of the Silver Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    The irony here is regardless of the status of this banner, there was still High Elven siege equipment. You don't get that without a siegeworks, which also means a settlement. He has simply picked the low hanging fruit to attack while ignoring the more substantial evidence provided in-game, that being a contingent of siege equipment led by Vereesa Windrunner, a High Elf of the Silver Covenant.
    I mean, that's a nice theory and all, but why were they not present throughout all of BFA until the Horde was on the verge of another civil war?
    Furthermore, why couldn't they just use the ballistas they could have had since WC2?
    Or used the siegeworks provided in Dalaran?
    Just saying.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that's a nice theory and all, but why were they not present throughout all of BFA until the Horde was on the verge of another civil war?
    Furthermore, why couldn't they just use the ballistas they could have had since WC2?
    Or used the siegeworks provided in Dalaran?
    Just saying.
    This has been explained exactly 8 times recently before you asked for it again.

They are not playable, that is the reason why they are not more present than they are.

The same happens with Taunka, Revantusk and Stonemaul.

This is the 9º time this has been explained.

But you simply don't like it, this is the problem, you are not debating anything, you are just confronting others in an attempt of making them shy away.

Also... You gladly stopped saying that all that is going against you is emotional, but to repeat my name as a way to call my attention is pretty emotional from your part if you ask me.

Peace.

This has been explained exactly 8 times recently before you asked for it again.

They are not playable, that is the reason why they are not more present than they are.
    Bad argument. Not only is it unsupported, their race is playable through the blood elves. We have seen numerous races being prevalent in the game despite not being playable.

The same happens with Taunka,
    Who are barely ever around.
    Revantusk
    Whose playable race is the trolls.
    and Stonemaul.
    Who are prevalent across multiple expansions.
    The hozen have been prevalent across multiple areas since their appearance in MoP and they are not playable including the Jinyu, and the Ankoan. There are multiple races who are not playable despite being repeatedly present including mur'locs. The argument of "they aren't prevalent because they aren't playable" is an argument with no basis.

This is the 9º time this has been explained.
    Cease the hyperbole, it does not favor your argument.
    But you simply don't like it, this is the problem, you are not debating anything, you are just confronting others in an attempt of making them shy away.
    Address my argument above Aldo. The argument of them not being playable and therefore, not being present does not work given many races such as goblins and worgens were not playable but were very prevalent before being playable.
    Also... You gladly stopped saying that all that is going against you is emotional, but to repeat my name as a way to call my attention is pretty emotional from your part if you ask me.
    What would you like me to call you Aldo? That is the name you chose, so I am not sure why this annoys you so much.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bad argument. Not only is it unsupported, their race is playable through the blood elves. We have seen numerous races being prevalent in the game despite not being playable.

Who are barely ever around.

Whose playable race is the trolls.

Who are prevalent across multiple expansions.
    The hozen have been prevalent across multiple areas since their appearance in MoP and they are not playable including the Jinyu, and the Ankoan. There are multiple races who are not playable despite being repeatedly present including mur'locs. The argument of "they aren't prevalent because they aren't playable" is an argument with no basis.

Cease the hyperbole, it does not favor your argument.

Address my argument above Aldo. The argument of them not being playable and therefore, not being present does not work given many races such as goblins and worgens were not playable but were very prevalent before being playable.

What would you like me to call you Aldo? That is the name you chose, so I am not sure why this annoys you so much.
    Revantusk trolls are forest trolls, not jungle trolls like the Darkspear.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Revantusk_tribe

The Stonemaul Ogres appear on Feralas and Dustwallow Marsh. Doesn't seem like a lot of places, all comprised on Cataclysm so I don't understand where the 'multiple expansions' statement comes from. Oh yeah, they sent one of their mages to support in Pandaria, 3/8 expansions if Vanilla is also counted alongside Cataclysm.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stonemaul_clan

Taunka are Horde members. We actually had quests where they very explicitly pledged their allegiance to the Horde.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_Oath..._Horde_(quest)

As you can see, these horde members are not playable, and also not very present.

One big example of this are the Dark Iron Dwarves, who had little appearances until they became playable, time where they not only started appearing out the in the world, but also appeared as a boss fight that the Horde had to fight against.

High elves appeared on the world more than some playable races, alongside the Alliance, that tells a lot.

So... About the name part... That perception of me getting 'upset' by you calling me repeatedly by my name is pretty wrong. It's more than a bother and a sense of 'uneasyness' if you wish, because you very recently tried to attack me through saying that every thing I said made no sense because I was all emotional about everything. And you doing that strikes me as being very hypocritical, since you are just trying to get this to personal field again and again.

Well, this has been entertaining, I addressed everything that was forcibly put in doubt. I am kinda faulting to my own words, since you are keeping that troubling attitude again and again and I keep responding. But this is also kind of a trap for me, since I actually care of what is being talked about and to let commentary as that run wild goes against what is being defended.

3+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere does he say anything about "the lore and potential for blue eyes simply requires a strong devotion to the arcane, same as golden eyes with priests and paladins".
    i never claimed thats what moorgard said. as the sunwell is a mixture of holy/arcane now, i was implying that the potential for blue eyes is there for mages who have a strong connection to the arcane. just like how he explained golden eyes work for priests and paladins

You understand that neither of his responses equate to "the senior narrative designer, literally less then a month ago, stating these blue eyed blood elf NPCs arent a bug, havent been changed despite numerous bug tickets from the pro side, and there is a story for them."
    you can interpret it any way you want like the pro side always do. with that tweet he confirmed blue eyed blood elves already exist and that there is a story for them. therefore whats more likely in the future blue eyed blood elves as a face/eye color customization(which ion has already teased) or the high elf race made neutral because the alliance have a couple decorative 'high' elf portal keepers
    Last edited by bdlovelace; 2019-10-03 at 01:37 AM.

Revantusk trolls are forest trolls, not jungle trolls like the Darkspear.
    They are still trolls dude.
    The Stonemaul Ogres appear on Feralas and Dustwallow Marsh. Doesn't seem like a lot of places, all comprised on Cataclysm so I don't understand where the 'multiple expansions' statement comes from. Oh yeah, they sent one of their mages to support in Pandaria, 3/8 expansions if Vanilla is also counted alongside Cataclysm.
    The fact we are counting ogres as a whole and not speaking of singular groups for the sake of serving a pedantic argument?

Taunka are Horde members. We actually had quests where they very explicitly pledged their allegiance to the Horde.
    Cool, and their relevance in comparison to other races has been very small to say the least.
    As you can see, these horde members are not playable, and also not very present.
    Except that their races have been present in one form or another, that has nothing to do with them being playable.
    One big example of this are the Dark Iron Dwarves, who had little appearances until they became playable, time where they not only started appearing out the in the world, but also appeared as a boss fight that the Horde had to fight against.
    They had a 9 boss dungeon dedicated to them and are amongst the most well known in the game. This is not a case where they were exactly not prolific either.
    High elves appeared on the world more than some playable races, alongside the Alliance, that tells a lot.
    You do realize this also contradicts your argument as well yes?
    If they don't appear often, they are not palyable.
    Now you are stating high elves appear more often than others, but they are not playable as well.
    Clearly, this is simply a matter of it being based on the story we are seeing in the expansion with playability having nothing to do with prominence.
    So... About the name part... That perception of me getting 'upset' by you calling me repeatedly by my name is pretty wrong. It's more than a bother and a sense of 'uneasyness' if you wish,
    So it upsets you when I called you by your name because you perceived I was somehow seeking to upset you...even though it is the name you chose. I believe you are reading far too much into the matter.
    Well, this has been entertaining, I addressed everything that was forcibly put in doubt. I am kinda faulting to my own words, since you are keeping that troubling attitude again and again and I keep responding. But this is also kind of a trap for me, since I actually care of what is being talked about and to let commentary as that run wild goes against what is being defended.
    So...earlier when you said "don't engage in circular arguments", it had nothing to do with a principle you believed in and mostly was an attempt to try and rally a group to ignore me.