Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Covenant View Post
    Horde players get to live one of the Alliance's classic fantasies: playing an elf from Quel'thalas.

World of Warcraft is incomplete until Alliance players can experience the game from the perspective of an Elven Ranger, Priest, or Sorceress.
    I thought Void Elves were from Quel'thalas

https://youtu.be/u7jAJjcKoQY

For the blood elves, there are already 25 personalizations that are already dataminated on the 40 announced.

- 12 colors for the eyes (several shades of green and gold, with a glassy white eye on the right or on the left)

- 3 hair colors

- 4 skin colors

- 6 body jewelry for women

They only have 15 customizations left to share between men and women (hairstyles, head jewelry, scar?, Make up? and facial hair?)
    I think the rest will be put in hairstyles and jewelry because they really need it.

Overall we can say that Blizzard respects the identity of the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    https://youtu.be/u7jAJjcKoQY

For the blood elves, there are already 25 personalizations that are already dataminated on the 40 announced.

- 12 colors for the eyes (several shades of green and gold, with a glassy white eye on the right or on the left)

- 3 hair colors

- 4 skin colors

- 6 body jewelry for women

They only have 15 customizations left to share between men and women (hairstyles, head jewelry, scar?, Make up? and facial hair?)
    I think the rest will be put in hairstyles and jewelry because they really need it.

Overall we can say that Blizzard respects the identity of the factions.
    For one, when Ely Cannon made the statement about "40 additional customization options," he said over 40. Beyond that, you're overreaching on the idea that that initial estimate would be the final number in the first place, especially if we're talking about slightly different tints for eye colors. That's not to say that it's confirmed that blood elves are getting the options you want to be reserved for the Alliance, but none of the evidence that you're using to back this up is confirmed on its own, let alone altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    For one, when Ely Cannon made the statement about "40 additional customization options," he said over 40. Beyond that, you're overreaching on the idea that that initial estimate would be the final number in the first place, especially if we're talking about slightly different tints for eye colors. That's not to say that it's confirmed that blood elves are getting the options you want to be reserved for the Alliance, but none of the evidence that you're using to back this up is confirmed on its own, let alone altogether.
    It's not proof, it's just what's being examined for the blood elves for now.

And I do not think that the blood elves will have in the end 20, 30, 40 ... colors for the eyes lol.
    Do not abuse it either.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Realistically some would. Just like realistically some people of the races in the opposite faction would side with the other. There's realistically some orcs/humans that are fine with each other and etc.

It's just gameplay restrictions that are holding those 'realities' from existing. Just like in the real world. Because this is a game.
    I'm still clinging on hope for the proud Kingdom of Alterac to rise up and return to the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'm still clinging on hope for the proud Kingdom of Alterac to rise up and return to the Horde
    Sylvanas's hate boner for living humans has all but assured their decimation and absorbtion into the forsaken.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Sylvanas's hate boner for living humans has all but assured their decimation and absorbtion into the forsaken.
    Well she's gone now; and the Horde had human allies in BFA anyway with the approval of Nathanos
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Most Void Elf players aren't interested in those. Void tatoos sure - and considering what Blood Elves seems to get, ie, jewelry, it's possible that Blizzard would do so, to look more like Alleria - some more beards and hairstyles, of course. But tentacle beards are already a Draenei thing, sorry.
    Yeah, no point in adding customization no one wants. They would be better served thinking up some goth, punk or emo hairstyles, tats and jewelry than adding more tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I think that the possibility of a Thalassian reunification -under whatever name tbh- is possible in theory, but after the Fourth War it just seems more unlikely to be soon than ever; Only as of Legion Vereesa's resentment cooled down enough to think BE's can be redeemed -and return to the Alliance- and truly I don't see how there wouldn't be some regression after the Blood War. Like It's even hard to not see the BE's themselves making parallels between the Fall of Quel'thalas and The Burning of Teldrassil, but alliance and neutral High Elves would certainly not have the in-group bias to not see them.

It's just hard to believe that now, of all times, High Elves would decide to return in masse to QT. It just wouldn't ring true when it would had made sense for them to do so at any other time -honestly end of Legion would have been the perfect time-

As Vereesa puts it, the only issue for reunification for her is the BE's politics, and I really doubt the Blood War has made any reticent HE's now decide to go back to Quel'thalas.
    The bigger question for me lies iin why we don't se things liket his happen in game at all, swing over to the night elf side, the Nightborne and the re-unification or healing of the Kaldorei and their various branches, especially the demon hunters, after theeffot against the lgion and the truth finally revealed, the curing of arcane addiction, etc.

why would I see night elves and nightbonre fighting when the latter were initialy quite clarly presented as very much loving the former or the more interesting plot of some sort of collaboration which is far more appealing when they're on opposite factions.

All these kind of storylines including Thalassian re-unification etc, are all being stifled because of the faction divide, and the uwllingness of writers to be creative or the senior staff who monitor the situation to give it a chance.

One wonders that witho so many people desiring a peace and corpproation why some meaningful choice and system doesn't exist in game to facitilate a measure of that even if being on the opposite faction, like a high elf group in islvermoon, that's both horde and alliance friendly, that blood elves who want to get on with the alliance can choose to join and instead pursue healing the wounds and mending the divides, while at the same time you have a larger majority blood el pop that is still very angry with humans and prefer conflict..facilitating a system that both those who loike conflict and those who want peace can have.

And having similar in every race. The Draenei have the Shattered offensive, that work with Blood elves, allowing draenei alliance players who want to work with the horde to have an avenue.

EVery race has an avenue in the lore in game that makes the player choice legitimate

Night elves - have highborne an Illidair who wanna work with the Nightboren (vice versa too)

Draenei - have shattered offensive
    Blood elves - have high elves
    Void elves - have their love for blood elves providing
    Forsaken - have Calia and vice vera
    Tauren - have druids of the Cenarion circle
    Gnomes - have mechagnomes who were fine with working with goblins
    Goblins - Steamwheedle cartel working on both factions

no need for every race to have a reason to love every other race in the opposite faction, just each race have 1 race/group in the opposite faction that opens it up and allows players to pursue a legit peace rout that th e in game lore actually reflects and facitliates.. it doesn't make it any less Warcraft.. And this is eacceptable, it doesn't make it peacecraft, it's really only a race likeing only one race in the opposite faction.

on eof the side benefits of this is playable high elves on alliance is less important now that your horde blood elf can play as one on the horde that is instead working towards peace and unification. That is a setting that allows you to even correctly role play your blood elf as a high elf.

They would ofc have to decide what system allowances a peace pursuit brings.

Example

• Do you allow access to opposite faction cities on that path? or just the one of the race you're friend with?
    • Do you allow inter grouping and guilding? Or do you create a new type of organisation that allows players of similar pursuit to group together in a community without affecting the pre-existing system divided across the factions, allowing htem to have their hoode guild but this new cross faction organisaiton too (most player have two communtieis anyway
    • Do you suspend allowance s while War mode is on, or do you provide an alternative directive - e.g. as a blood elf you have to kill horde players now because they are actively trying to break out war, or you kill alliance players because they're working against peace - do you give players the option to kill either faction? or do you make war mode for peace pursuits active against players of both factions who are not on the path of peace, but friendly to those who are. OR: the best option, in war mode, you can only kill opposite faction players who are not pursuing peace, so an al liance player who has joined the peace pursuing faction in his race would not be an enemy to you, only those who haven't.

This way the agency is in the hands of the player. Now these aren't difficult questions, they're just choices to make. And look, a way that facilitates a measure of cross faction for those who are peace minded that doesn't conflict with the current 2 faction separation nor diminish the war effort or the majority who want war.

Did anyone notice that they are adding nightbourne skin tones to night elves now?

Last edited by Frenchvince; 2020-04-12 at 04:09 PM.

Welcome maybe, but its still seems like a bone thrown your way, whiles the majority of the featrues are on blood elves. Not to mention, it is alarming they're all in shadowlands, which coudl mean they're all dead, which may mean a killing off of the High elves.

• IF they had done something like have outlined in reply #14681 above here, this issue wouldn't even exist in my opinion.
    • If they were less biased they would have provided better options, I think high elves would have happened instead of void elves because why give the horde purple night elves, yet somehow if youw ant to play blonde haird white skinned Thalassians the horde is there for you.. I mean srsly? Its play if night elves are played on the horde, but won't even modify the blood elf model to make the alliance ones be high elves?
    • Finally if the night elves were done properly, especially the highborne -shown really attractive night elves, and in cool places like Suramar or Zin'Azshari in addition to forest homes and zones like val'shaarah and Ashenvale, then a lot of alliance players would have been happy with their elves.

But they had to make the blood elf better in every way, better magical forests, better magical civilization , better model, and when they did the nighte elves own, they couldn't in all their bias allow it to be on the alliance, no, it ALL went over to the horde.

This iss why you have this problem now. There are so many ways out of it, but none are taken, why.. cos they like it as it is, and for all yorur moaning on this topic, they aren't changing it because .. as said, bias.. they still feel the horde needs to have everything better for you to paly it despite the alliance having a constnatly dwindling population to the point that the imbalance is affecting the game.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-04-12 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An expansion dealing with dead people is exactly where I would expect to find high elves in any numbers so I am unsure what this proves. We have no context as to what these are or what they mean. This is the definition of 'jumping the gun'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    3) Danuser has stated Azeroth is meant to be a welcoming world with all these options players can use to express themselves, it gives further backing to players to request what they're wanting to play as in-game.
    this one's pretty on the nose with the new skin colors and other real life diversity pandering across blizzard IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    An expansion dealing with dead people is exactly where I would expect to find high elves in any numbers so I am unsure what this proves. We have no context as to what these are or what they mean. This is the definition of 'jumping the gun'.
    Except they are all alive, they come from the silver tournament, Blizzard often brings NPCs from one extension to another instead of creating new ones, and in addition the high elves are in the process of update.

If you remember Alleria and Vereesa were on a mission to track down Sylvannas during the 4th war.

This is why I told the story continues.

Another NPC : https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...enant-guardian
    Last edited by Frenchvince; 2020-04-12 at 05:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except they are all alive, they come from the silver tournament, Blizzard often brings NPCs from one extension to another instead of creating new ones, and in addition the high elves are in the process of update.

If you remember Alleria and Vereesa were on a mission to track down Sylvannas during the 4th war.

if they were from the silver tournament, from the wtlk expansion, could very well mean they are already dead, died in that battle, thus we are finding then now.

Alleria went to shadowlands seeking Sylvanas and she found lots of then dead is more likely

But sure, it definitely means something else bigger

10+ Year Old Account

Again, we have no idea what this means if anything.

However, let us surmise.

Would living Silver Covenant NPCs be in the Shadowlands? No. Dead ones, yes, but living ones? No.

Would living Silver Covenant NPCs be present in the pre-patch event that sees us enter the Shadowlands? Possibly.

Does the Shadowlands pre-patch event see us imprisoned in the Maw for a period before we escape? Absolutely.

If we are stuck in the Maw for a period, does that imply that what happens in the pre-patch is a defeat for us? Yes.

Are these NPCs of sufficient emotional weight that their imprisonment in the Maw will provide a sufficient emotional hook for us to spend our days working towards freeing them when compared to a character such as, say, Malfurion? Going to say no.

Could they be cannon fodder in the initial loss? People we see die early on only to see their souls marched into purgatory minutes later?Absolutely.

So again, we know nothing and you can read into this anything you want. Hold your horses in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Again, we have no idea what this means if anything.

However, let us surmise.

Would living Silver Covenant NPCs be in the Shadowlands? No. Dead ones, yes, but living ones? No.

Would living Silver Covenant NPCs be present in the pre-patch event that sees us enter the Shadowlands? Possibly.

Does the Shadowlands pre-patch event see us imprisoned in the Maw for a period before we escape? Absolutely.

If we are stuck in the Maw for a period, does that imply that what happens in the pre-patch is a defeat for us? Yes.

Are these NPCs of sufficient emotional weight that their imprisonment in the Maw will provide a sufficient emotional hook for us to spend our days working towards freeing them when compared to a character such as, say, Malfurion? Going to say no.

Could they be cannon fodder in the initial loss? Absolutely.

So again, we know nothing and you can read into this anything you want. Hold your horses in other words.
    Why would they do that with HIGH ELVES when there is all the playable races to make uses of, exactly ? Wether alive or dead, that seems rather strange.

Why do you want them to be dead lol.

We go to the Shadowlands completely alive like all the other players and NPCs who accompany us (Tyrande for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Why would they do that with HIGH ELVES when there is all the playable races to make uses of, exactly ? Wether alive or dead, that seems rather strange.
    I was tweaking his nose.

Do you know whose these NPCs actually are?

Icecrown is being phased due to the events that open up the Shadowlands.

These are the Silver Covenant NPCs at the Argent Tournament part of the zone. Just search their names in Wowhead and you'll find them, already there as they have been since the 3.3 patch. Many Icecrown NPCs are going to be duplicated as a result of this.

In other words, there is no meaning to these NPCs whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you want them to be dead lol.

We go to the Shadowlands completely alive like all the other players and NPCs who accompany us (Tyrande for example).
    See above, you've found the duplicates of already existing Icecrown NPCs for the phased version of the zone.

Mystery solved.