Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    He's written countless essays in this thread stretching back to 2018, it's very important to him that high elves are not added and I don't really know why lol

He's written postings like everyone else here, helfers post with as much length as he does, why make it insulting by saying 'countless essays'?
    If you want to know why all you have to do is read his posts.
    Blood Elves are High Elves!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Who cares if they get blue eyes? Alliance already has that with Void Elves. The lore is what is important, and the Silver Covenant didn't suddenly disappear because Blood Elves can use blue.
    It matters for the playable high elf wish for the Alliance, which for some people is hard to grasp, even afther being told the same thing over and over.
    If this happens.. we are finnaly done with all the nitpicking small detailed over what a high elf is suppose to be/look/feel/play.

Imagine looking at the forums and seeing the high elf thread closed!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Imagine looking at the forums and seeing the high elf thread closed!!
    How does blue eyes on Blood Elves get Alliance their High Elves option?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    He's written postings like everyone else here, helfers post with as much length as he does, why make it insulting by saying 'countless essays'?
    If you want to know why all you have to do is read his posts.
    No one likes the argue with tryhards full with headcanon and/or read an essay with 100 pictures, like.. dude no ones cares.

Try to keep it clean and readable, it doesn't matter itf it's not your first language, but 80% of all of that is just headcanon.. no one cares for that.
    Mace is one of those guys as well..only he is at the other side of the discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Not, thats the point lmao.

DUCK!
    right over your head.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-04-17 at 07:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Not, thats the point lmao.

DUCK!
    right over your head.
    I think it's gone over yours then. "Imagine looking at forums and seeing the high elf threads closed!"

Are you alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Then there's ion flat out saying, blood elves are high elves,
    That statement was made regarding the Tolkien-esque 'high elf fantasy' of the 'blonde, light-skinned elf'. It has absolutely nothing to do with the currently existing high elf group within the Alliance that the pro-high-elf players are asking for. We don't want the "Tolkien elf fantasy", we want the high elves that are part of the Alliance.

And then there's the large community opposition to anymore elves being added to World of elfcraft.
    "Large"? I think you may be overestimating numbers. It's practically always the same posters returning to this mega-thread, repeating the same arguments, over and over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't a real concern. Void Elves are defined as a different flavour of High Elves, distinct from the traditional kind as represented by the Blood Elves.

In other words, blue eyes on Blood Elves ARE irrelevant because Void Elves ARE the Alliance's High Elf option.

Repeatedly asking for something because you didn't like what they actually gave you doesn't mean there is an issue still to resolve.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2020-04-17 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Repeatedly asking for something because you didn't like what they actually gave you doesn't mean there is an issue still to resolve.
    Not getting what one asked for is definitively an issue, if you ask me - whether or not such a request deserves to be fulfilled is a matter of debate, but the fact that Void Elves explicitly are not the playable option most people requesting playable High Elves (Silver Covenant and other exiles) wanted is objectively an issue.

Mileage tends to very to what degree people disagree and/or are upset by Void Elves serving this role. Some are fine with it, others not so much.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not getting what one asked for is definitively an issue, if you ask me - whether or not such a request deserves to be fulfilled is a matter of debate, but the fact that Void Elves explicitly are not the playable option most people requesting playable High Elves (Silver Covenant and other exiles) wanted is objectively an issue.

Mileage tends to very to what degree people disagree and/or are upset by Void Elves serving this role. Some are fine with it, others not so much.
    Yet that is entirely subjective. Have elf fans in general been catered for in this game? There are currently two basic models of elf with two variants of each model with each faction having access to one variant of each model. Any fair outside appraisal should therefore conclude that elf fans, with access to four options across both factions, are well served.

You can contrast this with the experience of Werewolf fans. Not only must Werewolf fans within the Horde do without, but Alliance players (who do have access to Werewolves) have access to only one model of Werewolf whereas Alliance elf fans have access to two distinct types of Elves.

Void Elves were an answer to the request for high elves in the Alliance. They have been defined as a different flavour of high elf, and something like a Blood Elf. The change that Void Elves underwent was a necessary pre-requisite for them to be added in the first place. While faction diversity, identity and integrity are abstract values when compared to the idea of 'let people play what they want to play', they are still values that matter tremendously.

Rather than celebrate they got a result as close as they did to high elves with Void Elves in spite of Blizzard publicly defending the values of distinct factions, they have chosen to interpret it as a 'defeat' or a 'slap in the face'. Despite multiple elven options, those who insist the demand has not been met refuse to accept the validity of the reasoning as to why they didn't get their ideal. And it seems only the ideal will do, even something as close as a Void Elf, for whom a personal lore explanation can be constructed that has them begin as a Silver Covenant member (in line with Moorgard's recent comments on the validity of headcannoning whilst roleplaying), is not enough.

Should explicit, one hundred percent confirmation be provided of the obvious, that Void Elves can turn other Elves into Void Elves (and thereby completely meet the demand of those who seek an explicit SC lore origin), do you really expect that to sate this community in lieu of the actual aesthetic?
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2020-04-17 at 11:30 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean... One has to purposefully and actively miss the point to not grasp at the very simple concept of people asking for the High elves that exist in the Alliance to become playable over years and years...

Void elves aren't High elves, the High elves still exist apart from the Void elves, it's not about taking what's available and adapting, it's about letting clear that what's available is not what has been asked for, seriously, anyone trying to shove Void elves down other people's throats is not being constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post

No, why, do you decide these things or something? Are you a wow developer or something? Have you forgot that paladins are the iconic Alliance class and shaman the Horde one? I don't want to debate that but you can see how it is not a black and white thing and depends on perception, so nice opinion I think.
    Wouldn't matter anyways because paladins aren't an alliance high elf thing, high elven paladins come from the blood knight order (which are a group within the horde high elven soceity). Though it's not an issue anyways, as we have been told if you want to play a high elven paladin the Horde is waiting for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I'm just waiting to see the blood elves not getting blue eyes. I still have faith in Blizzard
    Your chances as slim. Recent updates to the character creation screen on the alpha show a slider for most customization options (ie. hair, skin tone, etc..). Given that many races are getting a wide variety of eye color options (which will likely been chosen via a "slider" tab) I'd say it's very likely that blood elves will be given a similar range of eye color options. Worgen updates show they're getting a range of glowing eye colors. Again, nothing is confirmed yet but so far the stars are aligning for blue eyes (and other colors) for blood elves (aka our high elves)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Quel'thalas was founded 7.000 years ago, and aside from the Troll Wars (where if I am not mistaken one night elf helped the high elves), the quel'dorei never interacted with their Kalimdor kin until their rediscovery in the Third War. Maybe she heard of the night elves in history or in legends and never believed they existed. If anything, a lot more high/blood elves should be surprised that night elves exist. I don't know what's written in their history books, but 7.000 years are a lot and history can get twisted or some major details forgotten.

Basically, I interpret that comment as "WTF, I am really fighting alongside this ancient and legendary race?!?!" instead of "Eugh, night elves are disgusting, do I really have to work with these animals?".
    That's a lot of stretching you're doing there. I mean, maybe that could be the case, but it's a heck of stretch. Vareesa would have likely seen night elves during the events of wrath (given Dalaran was a central hub for both alliance and horde). I'd say 99.9% of people would interpret her comments to translate to "I'm not keen on working with night elves but desperate times call for desperate measures".
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Wouldn't matter anyways because paladins aren't an alliance high elf thing, high elven paladins come from the blood knight order (which are a group within the horde high elven soceity). Though it's not an issue anyways, as we have been told if you want to play a high elven paladin the Horde is waiting for you.
    Just for starters, High elves follow the light through the Church of the Light, just as Humans and Dwarves, but ok.

Let's also don't forget that the Blood Knights were created after High elves were exiled, when a Naaru was imprisoned, etc etc etc, so yeah, no dude, nice try.

Edit: Also... What can make anyone think that High elves would be part of an organization of a nation that they don't belong to? Weak.

But what's to expect from a stance of pure antagonism regardless logic.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2020-04-18 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Nah, i just don't see value in being for or against it and have no real concern for it.

I just don't like the way you talk or act on these forums and think you really need to be brought down several pegs.
    Obelisk doesn't resort to personal attacks against pro high elfers, he just brings up strong valid arguments and often gets replied to with personal attacks by others (including yourself). You or others may not like or agree with his arguments but at least he doesn't resort to personal attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I've never really been for or against high elves on the Alliance, but having read several of the recent pages, i think i have to chuck my support behind high elves on the alliance for one single reason. To rub it in the face of this unbearably toxic obelisk guy.

That and more options are better IMO, especially since "faction identity" is somewhat of a pathetic case to make in 2020.
    And I, on the flipside, want High Elves buried and forgotten once and for all because of people like you, and especially people like Manariel.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Just for starters, High elves follow the light through the Church of the Light, just as Humans and Dwarves, but ok.
    We only ever saw them as "priests" not paladins. Paladins came into play in high elven society following the creations of the order of blood knights.

Alliance high elf paladins are rare (just like alliance high elf warlocks), they are an exception not the rule.

5+ Year Old Account
    We only ever saw them as "priests" not paladins. Paladins came into play in high elven society following the creations of the order of blood knights.

Alliance high elf paladins are rare (just like alliance high elf warlocks), they are an exception not the rule.
    I'm not looking forward to continue this conversation since it becomes old and boring pretty fast, just adding a pair of things and will let it like that.

You have literally said that High elf paladins are from an organization of Blood elves that was formed during the time where they abandoned one way or another the realm they belonged to, thing that is not only incorrect, but illogical.

You have also admitted in next breath that High elf paladins are a thing, but of course you had to throw the 'but too few' card to evade recognition.

And yes, High elf warlocks are an exception, not High elf paladins. Any High elf that follows the light can be a paladin alongside Humans and Dwarves, it's what they are, followers of the Church of the Light.

7+ Year Old Account
    Obelisk doesn't resort to personal attacks against pro high elfers, he just brings up strong valid arguments and often gets replied to with personal attacks by others (including yourself). You or others may not like or agree with his arguments but at least he doesn't resort to personal attacks.
    He has more than once referred to pro high elfers as children.

Attacking a person or group of people behind a request with such a label rather than focusing on their arguments.

That’s what a personal attack is.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not looking forward to continue this conversation since it becomes old and boring pretty fast, just adding a pair of things and will let it like that.

You have literally said that High elf paladins are from an organization of Blood elves that was formed during the time where they abandoned one way or another the realm they belonged to, thing that is not only incorrect, but illogical.

You have also admitted in next breath that High elf paladins are a thing, but of course you had to throw the 'but too few' card to evade recognition.

And yes, High elf warlocks are an exception, not High elf paladins. Any High elf that follows the light can be a paladin alongside Humans and Dwarves, it's what they are, followers of the Church of the Light.
    High Elf Shieldbearers in Legion when you could use the Order Hall summon are an example of High Elf Paladins.

There’s also Mehlar Dawnblade who was taught under I think Uther? And part of the Order of the Silver Hand before Blood Elves were a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

I just want to say thank you for understanding and being level headed about it.

One of the few on MMO-C to clarify what was being asked for and actually understand after it was clarified what people here were requesting.

Unlike others who choose as many opportunities they can to purposefully antagonize.

Like what I won’t ever understand is the constant antagonizing over the topic. It’s almost like some are legit fearful the request will be granted and that somehow will turn their life upside down.

There’s a difference between letting it be known you’re against such a thing happening and then consistently returning just to be inflammatory.

And you can tell who they are since they’re very familiar faces throughout the thread.

Oh look, a question that's been asked and answered a hundred times already. You'd be better of re-reading through the thread to find your answer. You'll likely to come across your question and its answer multiple times so you won't have to worry about missing the answer.
    someone is trying to be cute. how sad
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

3+ Year Old Account

We've had Dwarf Paladins at the Third War, what's stopping High Elves from being Paladins if they had Priests? Mehlar Dawnblade was a student of Uther and is definitely a High Elf Paladin before
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.