Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i didn't insult anyone here

Should we do the nature elves? "but i want an elf mage BabyRage"

then we should stick the the arcane mages? "but i want elf druid BabyRage"

rly baffle me how you guys like to bend and distort the lore just to attend your will, cause it can't get over a race not in your faction
    elf shaman, elf druids, you guys rly have no sense of ridiculous, jesus
    you lack of knowledge but this subject is becoming cringe

you are so desperate that you are clinging to literally anything isn't? :/
    prove then wrong pal, your arguments are "troling REEE" "beeing mean REEE"
    (Admittedly that last one was directed at someone who was also insulting you, but apparenty it began with you saying something to a dev on twitter? Idunno, I didnt look back that far.)

i love the ability o high elf fans to compre literally everything with the High elves, it is so desperate
    But yeah the majority of these insults aren't directed at specific people who started it with you, they seem to be directed personally at all high elf supporters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lettersandpunctuation View Post
    (Admittedly that last one was directed at someone who was also insulting you, but apparenty it began with you saying something to a dev on twitter? Idunno, I didnt look back that far.)
    you are calling that insults? rly?

i mean the first one, i didn't even call anyone ridiculous, just the idea of elf shamans

saying people lack knowledge in the subject is not an insult

saying someone is desperate at something is not an insult

and the last one is not even close to an insult lmao

But yeah the majority of these insults aren't directed at specific people who started it with you, they seem to be directed personally at all high elf supporters.
    saying someone is desperate that anything become a "he confirmed" is not an insult, sorry

Deleted
    @Traycor

Damnit why did I stuble into your thread just yet.

Since it is so long and old and dicussions might have derailed alot, I just want to express my approval and tell you ho awesome your post is.
    You put in a lot of work and didn't just copy Blood Elves for high elves but gave them a unique an cool touch.

I like that a lot, awesome work, really!

I would even consider playing one of them instead of my night elves...

i mean the first one, i didn't even call anyone ridiculous, just the idea of elf shamans
    That first one was you portraying someone who wants high elf mages or high elf druids as "Babyrage"-ing, which sounds to me like you calling them similar to raging babies.

We're talking about this one, right?
    Should we do the nature elves? "but i want an elf mage BabyRage"

then we should stick the the arcane mages? "but i want elf druid BabyRage"
    I don't see any mention of shamans here or in the post this quote was responding to.

Edit: ooh wait I see it now! But shamans were just one of the many other classes that guy was discussing! IF you wanted to specifically mock that idea I think you should have been more specific: the "babyrage" thing just made you sound like you were attacking anyone who wants mages and druids, which might be why people have the impression that you are making personal insults.
    Last edited by lettersandpunctuation; 2018-04-11 at 12:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That first one was you portraying someone who wants high elf mages or high elf druids as "Babyrage"-ing, which sounds to me like you calling them similar to raging babies.
    its a common twitch chat emote, to say someone is crying about something, and tat is exactly what happens, people don't want stick with one fantasy, they want everything, yet i didn't insult anyone, but if the hood serves, what can i do?

I don't see any mention of shamans here or in the post this quote was responding to.[/QUOTE]

you just quote me talking about shamans, did you forgot so quickly?
    elf shaman, elf druids, you guys rly have no sense of ridiculous, jesus

Deleted
    Well I have to say I don't see that as insults either.
    He is rude, makes himself unsympathic and certainly lacks good behaviour, but insulting is something different.

People should be allowed to express their opinion, even if you don't like it or even if it is objectively a stupid one. That is the base of a society with free speach and it starts in conversations, small forums and ends at the government.

At the end it is totally irrelevant what he as an individual says. Problems occour if one person tries to silence the other one because he doesn't like his opinions.

its a common twitch chat emote, to say someone is crying about something, and tat is exactly what happens, people don't want stick with one fantasy, they want everything, yet i didn't insult anyone, but if the hood serves, what can i do?
    Nobody is "crying", and you are not on twitch. Though I think that even in twitch telling someone they are "crying" when they aren't would be seen as an insult, trying to make them seem more childish and unreasonable than they are.

you just quote me talking about shamans, did you forgot so quickly?
    Oh, I apologize, I misunderstood you.

I thought when you said

You were talking about the first quote I had of you insulting people.

You indeed were not calling people ridiculous, and I'm sorry if it sounded like I implied you were. You were only saying that "you guys" have no sense of what is and isn't ridiculous. That we are foolish, basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    At the end it is totally irrelevant what he as an individual says. Problems occour if one person tries to silence the other one because he doesn't like his opinions.
    Certainly he's breaking no rules by being here and saying these things, and I wouldn't want to silence him any more than he'd want people to stop making posts about high elves!

However he himself claimed that he wasn't insulting anyone on this thread and I felt it was worth pointing out that he was, in fact, calling people desperate, raging babies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Aren't Paladins relatively new, lore wise? For some reason I thought Uther was the first paladin... Maybe it was just the Silver Hand that was new.
    He was first Human Paladin but Draenei Paladins existed before then just not on Azeroth.

when people try to shove headcanon and bad fanfic, that pisses me off
    High Elves are in the Alliance right now. That's cannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    Blizzard yea. You? No. Since they have already said Blood elves are High elves, I think it's pretty clear what you want doesn't fit the game. At least not now.
    High Elves are in the game and Blizzard keeps writing them as important story characters for the Alliance side, so they certainly do fit.

As for the quote, he said, "Blood elves are pretty much High elves." In other words, they are similar, which they are. So this thread is for brainstorming different aesthetics to help emphasize the differences that are already there. And maybe demonstrate compromises on further changes that High Elf fans can be happy with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Longinus View Post
    Lore-wise there are very few Void Elves too. And Death Knights. And Demon Hunters. These are playable nevertheless.
    One step further: there are very few jungle trolls, draenei, and gnomes left. All are playable.

It's never gonna happen.

If you want it to happen go to your local gamestore, find a dnd group, start a homebrew game.

That's the closest you will ever come.

I'm trying to save you years of heartache , misery, and unfulfilled desires. Turn away from this mad dream.

High elves as you knew them now exist as Blood elves.
    Highly disagree (see what I did there)

Blood Elves are vampires that suck mana, fel, and even imprisoned a Naru to suck it dry so they could have paladins. They value power and decadence above all else. Fixing the Sunwell doesn't change that. Void Elves are thematically the same. They just sucked void for power instead of mana/fel/light.

High Elves are traditionalists/fundamentalists that believe in the old ways, the old alliances, and refuse to compromise themselves. And they are staunchly against everything the Horde stands for.

I agree about keeping Priests. What do you think about the compromise of dropping the Paladin class? It was never a theme of the High Elves and only really came into play with the Blood Elves and the Blood Knights.
    I may be biased on that part to give you a "yeah that's a fair compromise" . But there are cases of High Elves becoming a Paladin, and there is a case of a High Elf becoming a Paladin in the Third War. Mehlar Dawnblade was a member of the Silver Hand and an apprentice of Uther. And then you have the High Elf Paladins that are members of the Silver Covenant. If the playable High Elves would be Silver Covenant, then I definitely think they should be allowed to be Paladins. But again I'm biased about it since I main a Paladin, and would love to play a High Elf one on the Alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by sammygm View Post
    I may be biased on that part to give you a "yeah that's a fair compromise" . But there are cases of High Elves becoming a Paladin, and there is a case of a High Elf becoming a Paladin in the Third War. Mehlar Dawnblade was a member of the Silver Hand and an apprentice of Uther. And then you have the High Elf Paladins that are members of the Silver Covenant. If the playable High Elves would be Silver Covenant, then I definitely think they should be allowed to be Paladins. But again I'm biased about it since I main a Paladin, and would love to play a High Elf one on the Alliance side.
    Yeah, I've got the same problem with mages. Dropping Arcane classes would be one way to make the High Elves different from Blood Elves, but High Elf Mage is so iconic and it's what I would want to main, so I'm biased.

- - - Updated - - -

@Traycor

Damnit why did I stuble into your thread just yet.

Since it is so long and old and dicussions might have derailed alot, I just want to express my approval and tell you ho awesome your post is.
    You put in a lot of work and didn't just copy Blood Elves for high elves but gave them a unique an cool touch.

I like that a lot, awesome work, really!

I would even consider playing one of them instead of my night elves...
    Thanks Talime!

Currently we're discussing what classes should be available to High Elves. Blood Elves can be any class but Shamans and Druids, so it's hard to nail down a unique list. It's also hard to whittle down the list of classes because several are iconic. Mage, Priest, Hunter, & Rogue are the most iconic, and Warrior is given to every race. That makes 5, and Paladin is an obvious choice, so 6. Several have mentioned that monks fit, so 7. I think 7 is the most that any allied race has been allowed so far. If we add Shamans to make them different, now we have too many classes, so it's been a compromise game. Personally I think they could dump Warrior. It's an Allied Race, so newbies won't be a consideration.

Other discussions include where High Elves could live or have their home base at. The lodges have been mentioned along with Stormwind and Dalaran. The unused "Northeron" zone has also been discussed, which could be very interesting. My last suggestion was building a new High Elf city over the abandoned crater of Dalaran.

Lore discussions have been ongoing around the Silver Covenant and Highvale Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

As suggested by rogueMatthias:

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Also, I feel Silver Covenant has too many ties to the game already with a specific look. I'd call the playable faction "Rangers of Northeron" or something, and they can start in that unused Northern Lordaeron zone.

Highly disagree (see what I did there)

Blood Elves are vampires that suck mana, fel, and even imprisoned a Naru to suck it dry so they could have paladins. They value power and decadence above all else. Fixing the Sunwell doesn't change that. Void Elves are thematically the same. They just sucked void for power instead of mana/fel/light.

High Elves are traditionalists/fundamentalists that believe in the old ways, the old alliances, and refuse to compromise themselves. And they are staunchly against everything the Horde stands for.
    This is a huge generalisation and far from the truth. Read some lore, like this : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...rthemar-theron

There is also a wealth information on gamepedia which can enlighten you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    In honestly though im not a fan of monk class it seems to be getting stapled onto all allied races so I would probably drop the shaman idea and maybe drop paladin for druid as it then relatively stays less arcane but the mages are the only arcane practitioners walking a very thin line.
    I did make concept art for a High Elf druid. My main issue is that we're already making the High Elves more nature oriented, which inches them closer to Night Elves. The Night Elves are classically presented more as savage monsters with fangs, claws, bare feet, wearing furs, and having leaves in their green hair, so there are still big aesthetic differences. It's a hard tightrope to walk.

Deleted
    Hmm in terms of classes I don't think druids would fit, would shift them too closely to night elves in my opinion.
    Shamans are actually a cool idea to make them a bit more unique and widen the shamans for teh Alliance. Wild Hammer dwarfs are Shamans aswell, so it would fit.

Monks are a class for some reason nealy everyone can be... I don't like that but since there is no reason that would exclude them, they will probably be monks.
    Oh well Paladins should be an option, firstly because they allways have been and secondly I feel the Alliance needs more Paladin races as this class is so highly alliance centered. However in terms of destingishe them mor efrom the blood elves, maybe no paladin but shamans.

I agree that Lorthemar is different. He was kind of forced into his position by Kael'thas and had to live with it.

Honestly I think high elves as most people think of them are like taking the most interesting thing about blood elves out. (It was only by reading the ideas presented in this thread that I started to think they may be distinct from the blood elves)

But though I find the silver covenant bland and wouldn't play them myself, blizzard just keeps giving them roles of importance in the game.

They clearly want us to think the remaining alliance high elves are relevant since they keep showing up to do stuff and keep getting more attention than other races that are already in the alliance!

That being the case I can't fault anyone for wanting to play the race that is so often representing the alliance in memorable moments in game.

High Elves are in the Alliance right now. That's cannon.

- - - Updated - - -

High Elves are in the game and Blizzard keeps writing them as important story characters for the Alliance side, so they certainly do fit.

As for the quote, he said, "Blood elves are pretty much High elves." In other words, they are similar, which they are. So this thread is for brainstorming different aesthetics to help emphasize the differences that are already there. And maybe demonstrate compromises on further changes that High Elf fans can be happy with.

- - - Updated - - -

One step further: there are very few jungle trolls, draenei, and gnomes left. All are playable.
    There are many npcs in the game that don't belong to playable races. This argument makes no sense.

Which High elf NPCS are you referring that are so important to the Alliance? Aleria is a void elf now and Vaseera has been around forever.

I read the gamepedia articles on High elves. It describes in detail how few High elves there are and how they are not referred to as a race anymore. It also describes how the vast majority became Blood elves.

Since this thread, and pretty much all other high elf threads is devoid of any reasoning, I'll leave you to divulging your fantasies by overstating a few remaining High elves and rewriting / shaping wow and it's history to suit your fantasies.

Shamans are actually a cool idea to make them a bit more unique and widen the shamans for teh Alliance. Wild Hammer dwarfs are Shamans aswell, so it would fit.

Monks are a class for some reason nealy everyone can be... I don't like that but since there is no reason that would exclude them, they will probably be monks.
    Oh well Paladins should be an option, firstly because they allways have been and secondly I feel the Alliance needs more Paladin races as this class is so highly alliance centered. However in terms of destingishe them mor efrom the blood elves, maybe no paladin but shamans.
    Here is the art for shamans: