Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    A perfect solution.
    It is also the story of humans, not just high elves.

You can find better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Guess you gotta tell that to Ion because he didn't get the memo then or something?

I'm not concerned over it. It's the people against High Elves who think just because others are asking for customization options, that those options would be taken away from them. Those people shouldn't be concerned when they see blue warpaint suggested for High Elf customization, or a different idle stance, or more muscle, or customization options that works on High Elves, but not Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

It's kind of funny too because High Elves would be the 'parent race' to the Blood Elves lol. The Blood Elves came after High Elves, not before. To quote a femme Void Elf: "First High. Then Blood. Now Void. Get it right."
    I explained why it had made perfect sense before Ion's statement. However since that's what he says, that's that but it does however set precedents on what to expect in the future. Farstrider Tattoos for Blood Elves falls in line with making perfect sense as well since they still have Farstriders in their ranks.

Parent Race means Core Race aka Non Allied Race not actual parentage. So Blood Elves would be the Parent Race not High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    I could have assumed that you are dodging my question because I wasn't clear enough and you don't understand it but I see in your posts some attempts to actually answer it among all the other irrelevant to my question stuff that you wrote. Suffice to say, I got my answer, though probably not the one you were willing to give.

Haha
    And what answer was that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Now some people are saying that high elves are going to have gold eyes because blood elves are changing to have them. All while they are updating the blue eyed high elf NPCS. Pretty much misses the entire point of making blood elves visually distinct.
    It's their last attempt to keep up the "Blood Elves and High Elves are exactly the same, thus High Elves couldn't have anything changed model-wise/customization options-wise/racial-wise unlike Kul'Tirans because BE and HE are 1:1" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    It is also the story of humans, not just high elves.

You can find better than that?
    I mean Humans are on the Alliance the High Elven exiles mating with Humans and producing Half Elves is a part of that story. So it does include both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Parent Race means Core Race aka Non Allied Race not actual parentage.
    Really? Where's that said? Is this another leap of logic? Because those haven't worked out so far for anti-helf peeps.

It's their last attempt to keep up the "Blood Elves and High Elves are exactly the same, thus High Elves couldn't have anything changed model-wise/customization options-wise/racial-wise unlike Kul'Tirans because BE and HE are 1:1" nonsense.
    The Sunwell affects High Elves does it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Where's that said? Is this another leap of logic? Because those haven't worked out so far for anti-helf peeps.
    It's a term to discuss my argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Void elf bug in Shadowlands. Entropic Embrace racial proc is normally darker than on live in SL, but for some reason it bugged and check out how my void elf looked like during it:

Without Entropic Embrace:

During Entropic Embrace:
    This is a bug, but the implications are interesting. How come out of all skin tones it happens to be fair-skin ones? o_O

Makes me wonder if different skin tones would have a different effect? Or is this some typical complicated coding to make the Void transformation skin proc work differently two forms for Worgen.

Now I wonder, does every Void proc look the same independent of skin tones on Void Elves? If so, does that mean when you proc the Void skin does it change to this 'fair/pink skin' then get covered by the Void?

It's just interesting lol

I mean Humans are on the Alliance the High Elven exiles mating with Humans and producing Half Elves is a part of that story. So it does include both.
    I prefer, first the high elves in playable race then the half-elves in customization options (just small pointed ears) for the high elves and humans.

It is much more interesting as a solution.

I prefer, first the high elves in playable race then the half-elves in customization options (just small pointed ears) for the high elves and humans.

It is much more interesting as a solution.
    I understand what you'd prefer but given the multiple opportunities for them to be added it's High Unlikely they would be added but be relegated to background characters in the Half Elf story.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Sunwell affects High Elves does it not?
    This is begging the question fallacy. It's the same fallacy that led to 'Blue eyes should come to Blood Elves' and did not. Don't keep making the same mistakes is my advice.
    It's a term to discuss my argument.
    So your interpretation, not the actual meaning. That's all I had to know.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand what you'd prefer but given the multiple opportunities for them to be added it's High Unlikely they would be added but be relegated to background characters in the Half Elf story.
    Dunno about that, people used to say since cata "just make a dwarf shaman that's your wildhammer" and now almost a decade later we're getting to be actual Wildhammer Dwarves.

The game's systems evolve, and so do the requests with it. Recently I saw a thread on the forums where it read "Just give the Alliance High Elves already" and it was someone who played Blood Elves and made a thread saying they wouldn't play one but it's obviously such a popular request and evidence of them exist on Alliance so just give it already so people can stop asking about it.

Had over 230~ likes.

There are people who prefer the half-elf look of kalec and those who prefer the half-elf look of Arator.
    So you might as well give it to humans and high elves, right?
    This will allow a little update to their ears.

This is begging the question fallacy. It's the same fallacy that led to 'Blue eyes should come to Blood Elves' and did not. Don't keep making the same mistakes is my advice.

High Elves are affected by the Sunwell just like Blood Elves, them getting Gold eyes is gonna happen.

It refers to the same subject in question so it's actually the same meaning as Blood Elves are a core race and High Elves are not, which means Blood Elves are the Parent Race and High Elves are not.

You might not like the terminology but the end result is the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    And this is what I've kept saying about the High Elf request. The "too many elves" argument won't hold because a lot more non-elves are getting added to the game and the only stand-out option for Alliance is going to be High Elves for the remainder of its race requests.

Other races are requested, others may come before, but it's just going to keep making the High Elf request the one that stands out because people will keep asking for them in larger and larger numbers.

To the point of what we're seeing now where people are essentially going 'my goodness just give em already'.

There are people who prefer the half-elf look of kalec and those who prefer the half-elf look of Arator.
    So you might as well give it to humans and high elves, right?
    This will allow a little update to their ears.
    I wanna meet these people who prefer the half elf look of Kalec.

7+ Year Old Account
    High Elves are affected by the Sunwell just like Blood Elves, them getting Gold eyes is gonna happen.
    If this were going to happen how come it didn't happen to them once Blood Elves got Golden Eyes? After all, you're saying they're affected the same.

To be fair to him, I believe he uses the 'parent race' phrase for the convenience of the discussion, not as a term that actually exists.

If this were going to happen how come it didn't happen to them once Blood Elves got Golden Eyes? After all, you're saying they're affected the same.
    Because Player Options were prioritized first over NPCs?

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair to him, I believe he uses the 'parent race' phrase for the convenience of the discussion, not as a term that actually exists.
    This is correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    And what I mean is it's kind of like the Nightborne customizations that Night Elf fans want. Night Elves are the 'parent race' to Nightborne (Nightborne evolved from Night Elves). Yet in their discussions those NE fans are being told to go play NB for aesthetics that Night Elves 'being the parent race' should have access to.

While bob may not be arguing that, it's a double-standard that exists and is weird. Because Blood Elves are not a parent race to High Elves. Even if they're playable first.

I wanna meet these people who prefer the half elf look of Kalec.
    There is an anti HE which would prefer that the half-elves look like Kalec, I let you go up the thread of 4-5 pages back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Player Options were prioritized first over NPCs?
    They've added the golden eyes NPCs to Blood Elves the same time it became player options. If what you're saying is correct the same should've happened to High Elves then. And unsure what makes you think that change'll come to High Elves now when it didn't before.

- - - Updated - - -

There is an anti HE which would prefer that the half-elves look like Kalec, I let you go up the thread of 4-5 pages back.
    If half-elves happened they should have the stance from that twitter artist you showed and just beef em up a bit more. Kalec and Arator are bad examples of "Half-elves" as they're either 95% human or 95% elf lol.