Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    also the new beards also look great
    Also very much agreed, it's about time these came.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    It appears to have been covered.
    Well thats sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It is logical to assume that having conceded on blue eyes and normal skin tones, they will look to every other potential way of differentiating Blood Elves and Void Elves from each other. They conceded the skin tones, but not the hair colours it seems.

What will be interesting to see is how this plays out as further customisations are added. If skin tone is not going to be a differentiator, then what will take it's place? After all, Void Elves now have access to every single blood elf tone yet have six unique tones of their own with the potential for more to be added.

As for the blue hair it was used by Frostfencer Seraphi. He is a standard high elf. Blood Elves and high elves remain biologically identical. So it is plausible light blue hair becomes a Blood Elf option, and if it does we will surely know very shortly.
    The DK hair colors have been used by NPCs everywhere. High elves were often portrayed with the 3 DK hair colors since WotLK. Yes, it should be open to every class in almost all races. There's a lot of very cool DK-only hair colors that would look good on living characters.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Nope, I just checked. The new colors in Shadowlands are jet black, black and dark brown.

Blood elf DKs have that one (dark blue), a light blue and the BEST silver hair for elves. All those should be enabled for all classes, IMO. I'm hoping it comes true.
    Weird. Then I don't know. Would be nice if they were enabled for all classes, though, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Many of the happy people were disguised as the former of those. Now is when their feathers are revealed. Until they realize what race they're actually playing.
    My need for high elves went when void elves came. But i had started suspecting that high elf skin tones wouldn't make any difference to numbers of players switching, because form a model point of view it's pretty much the same thing, and you can only play one character at a time.

I have many void elves, and blood elves, and I was never going to specifically role a toon as a high elf if that became playable with the same model, no point, i can do that as a blood elf on the horde, and on the alliance void elf was cool and enough, perhpas when I roll a new toon I would consider a high elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yup, same applies! I also agree Paladin/no Paladin doesn't make or break. Nor racials. It's the looks that are most important here, being able to fully be a High Elf archer/mage/priest on Alliance has made many WC2 fans happy from what I've seen.

Pallies are just like a cherry on top, and yeah someday could be a thing.
    I think if they add class skins as the next big customization option (after they finish the new physical appearance options) they could easily do a Void Knight skin for VE and Forsaken and then add a new class option to both of them: paladins. But maybe they will be locked to the Void Knight animations or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Many of the happy people were disguised as the former of those. Now is when their feathers are revealed. Until they realize what race they're actually playing.
    Ok my man. I hope you have a good day.

The DK hair colors have been used by NPCs everywhere. High elves were often portrayed with the 3 DK hair colors since WotLK. Yes, it should be open to every class in almost all races. There's a lot of very cool DK-only hair colors that would look good on living characters.
    I do not think that in such an important publication they make that mistake we see that they use a blood elf model with the new customization options blue eyes, dark skin, beard and blue hair! it's like showing everything new!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just need velf paladins and I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I think if they add class skins as the next big customization option (after they finish the new physical appearance options) they could easily do a Void Knight skin for VE and Forsaken and then add a new class option to both of them: paladins. But maybe they will be locked to the Void Knight animations or something.
    they could give us blood elves botanists !! that already exist in the lore!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well thats sad.
    You do know you're not forced to remain in this thread, right? You can ignore it completely and just move on with your life like this thread doesn't exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    With a no-win situation like this I think they made the best decision. Add Velf paladins and high elves are more or less playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So now I wonder.. will Kalecgos be a Blood Elf with blue hair and short ears or a human with one of those new hairstyles and blue eyes?
    Kalecgos has a unique Half-Elven model, so he'll likely see no changes as a result of the Blood Elf and Void Elf model changing.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Just need velf paladins and I'll be happy.
    Why? Just play Horde. You can literally do it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Kalecgos has a unique Half-Elven model, so he'll likely see no changes as a result of the Blood Elf and Void Elf model changing.
    Well, rip to him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I do not think that in such an important publication they make that mistake we see that they use a blood elf model with the new customization options blue eyes, dark skin, beard and blue hair! it's like showing everything new!
    Believe me, I've seen mistakes done before. I'd say you should ask them on the forums or Twitter for confirmation. I'm hoping this is true, but it can also just be a mistake, and campaigning to open DK-only hair colors for everyone would be a good measure until they confirm.

For instance, human customization is in the beta already, but their DK hair colors are not enabled for other classes, so I'd be cautious about this.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    -snip-
    I almost spit out my drink at this holy shit.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they replaced his model, because let's be frank, it didn't age well, lol.

A blood elf model with DK blue hair and short ears would be really cool if they can't update his unique model.
    Whatever...

Well, gotta say. Shadowlands looks good when it comes to customization

Edit: One of my Void Elves is so going to have those purple eyes! Awesome!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-05-27 at 09:41 PM.

Believe me, I've seen mistakes done before. I'd say you should ask them on the forums or Twitter for confirmation. I'm hoping this is true, but it can also just be a mistake, and campaigning to open DK-only hair colors for everyone would be a good measure until they confirm.

For instance, human customization is in the beta already, but their DK hair colors are not enabled for other classes, so I'd be cautious about this.
    I'm fine with what I see! for now we just have to wait later we will know what happens