7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    The in-game files would read as completely different races, even though the player would access them from a single interface element.

So, when creating a new character one of the clickable options might be "Dwarf". After you select that option, three clickable flags show up on the screen somewhere that further delineate regional variants (i.e. "Bronzebeard Dwarf", "Dark Iron Dwarf", and "Wildhammer Dwarf").

This allows for each variant to be treated, in the files, as a completely unique race... while still being known, broadly, by a single ethnic demonym (in this case, "Dwarf"/"Dwarves").
    that would not be fucked up bugged? so many names for the same race? if isn't something just as a tittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    People tend to confuse Blood Elf paladins, an order that was founded only after Blood Elves became a thing, and think it is something that has existed forever in High Elven society.

Blizzard literally had to explain Blood Elf Paladins by them sucking up energies from a Naaru, because there never were High Elf paladins. High Elf Paladins are as common as Night Elf Paladins: we have one example for each, both added after Blood Elf Paladins became a thing.
    paladin high elf is as much iconic as druid high elf, both things never existed or were a thing, but they tried to shove it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by nando91 View Post
    So disappointed, what an absolute mess... Imagine if they just went Blood Elf for the horde, and High Elf for the alliance.

1. Youre not a High Elf, you wont ever be a High Elf in WoW now. One of the most iconic races going all the way back to Warcraft 3 wont be a thing in WoW. I ask myself how this is possible and why they would ever introduce that abomination of a race in Void Elves.

And before you go: Blood Elves are former High Elves, High Elves of the Silver Covenant are NOT Blood Elves.
    High Elves belong to the Alliance.

2. One of the most iconic classes for a High Elf is a paladin, something you cant do. Even if they add it - Void Elf Paladin? Nah...

3. Imagine pretending being a High Elf, and then that ugly void form racial procs - thats it for the roleplaying if u ask me.

4. Blizzard gave the middlefinger to High Elf fans yet again - Just like the ungoing debate about Corruptions, we wanted to be able to buy them, and once again: "You want something? You can have our fucked up version of it..."

The High Elf dream is officially DEAD. Curse the day they added Void Elves...
    I thought the whole point of this is now you can be a high elf if you want throught the void elf character creation (allinace) or through the blood elf character creation (horde).. they no longer need to define a group they're just giving players many of the options and letting htem choose who they are.

Your character doesn't have to start in Telogrus rift stormwind, there is a new starting area for all those groups that don't fit current racial starting areas.

Just use your imagination, that's what the deves say. We'll give you the various looks, you decide who you wanna be.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    A blue posted that Void Elves would have appropriate underwear in the official thread in case you missed it since making this post.
    fucking people. They give something to us that we have asked for, and the first thing people do is continue to complain. get over it. even if there isnt "bad news" you will complain about something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's sad that Obelisk Kai deleted his signature though.

Ironically that signature would now represent a rallying cry to never give up hope in Blizzard listening to the community and changing their mind (though it's not the message Obelisk intended to give with it ).
    Wow

It truly is over....father (R.I.P Arthas)

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    fucking people. They give something to us that we have asked for, and the first thing people do is continue to complain. get over it. even if there isnt "bad news" you will complain about something.
    I mean, that's kind of sensible to me. If they're still Void Elves, they prolly should keep Void Elf underwear. :P

Also I really don't get the High Elf Paladin thing much. But I guess it's part of muh classic pure, fair-skinned blonde elf fantasy. I more so associate High Elves with rangers.

With void elves being able to look identical to blood elves - which absolutely makes sense considering void elves are blood elves to begin with - there will be absolutely zero difference in the two's appearance, save for some customization options in regards to the hairstyle, facial hair etc.

This begs the question.. what is the true obstacle in making proper Alliance high elves playable now? Absolutely nothing. The appearance of the model, the skin color and eye color are no longer relevant when it comes to fears of an Alliance race looking identical to one that is already playable on the Horde. The lore is heavily in favour of Alliance high elves being a playable race to begin with.

There are absolutely no obstacles in making high elves a core Alliance race any longer. Hopefully we'll get ogres or the Mok'nathal as a Horde race too, using the Kul Tiran rig.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Woah, easy. Void Elves having appropriate underwear is not something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    With void elves being able to look identical to blood elves - which absolutely makes sense considering void elves are blood elves to begin with - there will be absolutely zero difference in the two's appearance, save for some customization options in regards to the hairstyle, facial hair etc.

This begs the question.. what is the true obstacle in making proper Alliance high elves playable now? Absolutely nothing. The appearance of the model, the skin color and eye color are no longer relevant when it comes to fears of an Alliance race looking identical to one that is already playable on the Horde. The lore is heavily in favour of Alliance high elves being a playable race to begin with.

There are absolutely no obstacles in making high elves a core Alliance race any longer. Hopefully we'll get ogres or the Mok'nathal as a Horde race too, using the Kul Tiran rig.
    Your High Elves are now Void Elves with High Elf skin.

There won't be a separate High Elf race, and most definitely not as a counterpart to an actual unique race like Ogres.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose if WoW 2 or some other Warcraft RPG that let you choose your race were to exist (and set sufficiently far ahead in the timeline), they could replace Blood Elf/Void Elf choice with Thalassian Elf race.
    I read before that if High Elves ever came it would mean that the game is so dead and beyond saving, that at point Blizzard would do anything for a cash grab and only then High Elves would happen. Are we there now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I assumed that they rushed this out (while the original plan may have been to add these skins to Void Elves in like 9.1 or 9.2 alongside the other AR customization options) in order to avoid the biggest flamefest and forum war that would have arisen if Blood Elves had just gotten blue eyes. Without Void Elves getting High Elf skins (until 9.1 or 9.2, but people wouldn't have known that until those patches)
    Feels good to know both faction playerbases are being considered

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I read before that if High Elves ever came it would mean that the game is so dead and beyond saving, that at point Blizzard would do anything for a cash grab and only then High Elves would happen. Are we there now?
    Pretty sure BFA killed wow for some people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Specific to wildhammer? No. Simply since dwarves are dwarves.
    Same for trolls/sand trols.

Void elves and LF dranei though? Not really, but hey, if a title is what people need to feel like they got everything they desired then more power to them right?
    Actually people are arguing a title isn't necessary, which is what Danuser was saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood/Void Elf High Elves are doubleplus traitor agents.
    Maybe they will finally be accepted into Doubleagent's ranks !

Feels good to know both faction playerbases are being considered
    I really expected this choice by Blizzard to avoid a large flame war, but it appears that there are still people eager to create conflict despite the fact that this was the ideal (realistic) solution for both parties.

I hope Blizzard realizes that even if there are a few vocal complainers, most people are probably satisfied. It's just that the initial wave of ecstatic people has died down and leaves only the few disgruntled around to complain about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they will finally be accepted into Doubleagent's ranks !
    Not until they level to 120 just by.. what was it, herbing? Mining?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

--- snip ---

They're literally making High Elves playable with this.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-28 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    But is the outrage enough to fuel this thread the rest of the way to 1000 pages?
    Ma boi... this thread will go all the way to 1500 pages, before it finally dies. The hilarity is only starting - next 5 years will be spent with 2 camps of crazies trying to claim their elves are HIGHER and the other faction's elves are a sham.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ma boi... this thread will go all the way to 1500 pages, before it finally dies. The hilarity is only starting - next 5 years will be spent with 2 camps of crazies trying to claim their elves are HIGHER and the other faction's elves are a sham.
    My elf is the highest.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean with Arthas gone; as of Three Sisters, the Ghostlands are still filled with undead and since the Argent Humans were doing a good job in making progress to restore Eastweald, why don't the Argent Blue Eyes do the same? You'd think they'd let the Blood Elves struggle on their own out of spite for being exiled
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    2. I imagine Argent Crusade high elves were too busy helping out in Northrend or the Plaguelands of Lordaeron to return to their ancestral homelands to help there.

Most of the Silver Covenant were probably banned from entering Quel'Thalas after the Northrend campaign, as we saw that Lor'themar had exiled their leader (and rightly so). Before then, since they are an organisation based in Dalaran, they may have been helping with reconstruction efforts there after Archimonde destroyed the city. And, by the time, they were finished there, they may have heard word that the Sin'dorei had aligned themselves with the Horde and then refused to return home in protest.
    Fair enough on the others, but I mean post-WotLK especially on WoD and BFA when they were absent
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    Woah, easy. Void Elves having appropriate underwear is not something to complain about.
    You'd be surprised...

My elf is the highest.
    Not unless it is a Night Elf.

They are taller than any other elf race, and thus literally have the highest point of view.

7+ Year Old Account
    People tend to confuse Blood Elf paladins, an order that was founded only after Blood Elves became a thing, and think it is something that has existed forever in High Elven society.

Blizzard literally had to explain Blood Elf Paladins by them sucking up energies from a Naaru, because there never were High Elf paladins. High Elf Paladins are as common as Night Elf Paladins: we have one example for each, both added after Blood Elf Paladins became a thing.
    Aside from Mehlar Dawnblade, who was a High Elf Paladin pre-Blood Knight/Blood Elf, during Legion the Paladin Order Hall perk that let you complete a world quest would sometimes summon a 'High Elf Shieldbearer' https://www.wowhead.com/order-advanc...usade#comments

It's changed function since BFA. But there was someone who was on the official forums, possibly High Elf discord, that took a picture of those Shieldbearers during Legion time.

So in Legion there were multiple generic NPCs of High Elf Paladins.

Either way though! I think it should be an option for Alliance side elves, but I'm not miffed it ain't. The true win is that antagonizers to the High Elf request have pretty much scattered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    The hair colours on the Void Elves (and maybe new BE customizations) that are blue, purple etc will fit well with dragon mortal form RP too.

Also the Alliance Vindictive Gladiator set for hunters will look really good on Void Elves going for natural colours.
    People are going to be able to make so many good transmogs Alliance side. What with all the blue/gold colors that Alliance has

- - - Updated - - -

We all realize High Elves as their own race have not been in the cards since at least the addition of Void Elves, if not before that, right?
    When Wildhammer came as they did is when I figured HE wouldn't be their own stand-alone option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    My next high elf war mage, member of the Kirin Tor :

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...08vZG808abz87k
    That looks awesome

Not unless it is a Night Elf.

They are taller than any other elf race, and thus literally have the highest point of view.
    Well, actually..

My main go-to race is Night Elf. Also explains why I've become so cynical and jaded.