Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    --- snip ---

They're literally making High Elves playable with this.
    Appearance-wise and cosmetically, they're making Alliance high elves happen indeed. Cosmetics only is not what my understanding of a playable race is however. The lore and continuity behind the group of blood elves now called void elves and the original Alliance high elves are completely different and separate.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-28 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless it is a Night Elf.

They are taller than any other elf race, and thus literally have the highest point of view.
    But is your elf HIGH???

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They actually did it, this is really cool, this alone now made me reconsider getting Shadowlands even after the disappointment of having no new class or spec to play with.
    Though I still might wait a bit to see if they add any allied races or not. Hopefully with them listening to the feedback now, maybe we have a chance of getting kyrians WITH wings and not just blue kul tirans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Appearance-wise and cosmetically, they're making Alliance high elves happen indeed. Cosmetics only is not what my understanding of a playable race is however.
    This exactly why this thread will never die...

kekw.

3+ Year Old Account
    because there never were High Elf paladins. High Elf Paladins are as common as Night Elf Paladins: we have one example for each, both added after Blood Elf Paladins became a thing.
    Arator became a Paladin before the Third War, Mehlar Dawnblade was a pupil of Uther. If they can be Priests or Swordsmen, what's stopping them from being Paladins?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    But is your elf HIGH???
    So damn high, you've no clue.

To cope with their loss..

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Arator became a Paladin before the Third War, Mehlar Dawnblade was a pupil of Uther. If they can be Priests or Swordsmen, what's stopping them from being Paladins?
    Because they all use void. Even if you RP as a High Elf who just wants to hang out in the Alliance no strings attached, its already shown ingame that Silvermoon exiles and High Elves are learning void powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So damn high, you've no clue.

To cope with their loss..
    Wait... u talking about Charcoal Elves? Now that's a good allied race after the whole Teldrassil thing.

Appearance-wise and cosmetically, they're making Alliance high elves happen indeed.
    And it's the best you'll get.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... u talking about Charcoal Elves? Now that's a good allied race after the whole Teldrassil thing.
    Youuu.. you..

By Elune, behave yourself. I will give you a taste of my shoe.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really expected this choice by Blizzard to avoid a large flame war, but it appears that there are still people eager to create conflict despite the fact that this was the ideal (realistic) solution for both parties.

I hope Blizzard realizes that even if there are a few vocal complainers, most people are probably satisfied. It's just that the initial wave of ecstatic people has died down and leaves only the few disgruntled around to complain about it.
    No worries it's like the Worgen redesign all over again. Some people are still venting over how Blizzard decided to handle it despite the majority of its fans welcoming the outcome.

It happened same when Orcs were getting upright posture, a vocal few were making a final push to stop the upright Orcs from happening. But that is like a person trying to stand in front of an oncoming train. A hype train nonetheless!

And it's the best you'll get.
    I'm not even one of these die-hard high elf fans, so it's not really something that I'm "getting" with the Shadowlands to begin with. I simply like to see Alliance and Horde things be where they belong. But yeah, thank you for telling me beforehand Warcraft franchise-owner Yarathir.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-05-28 at 02:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine! An Elf in a proper clothes instead of the brutish spiky rags the Horde have for their faction gear.
    Yup, and getting to sit in their beautiful castles/kingdoms alongside Humans and Dwarves!!! GLORIOUS

Looks like the 'Tolkien Elves' have arrived

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Because they all use void. Even if you RP as a High Elf who just wants to hang out in the Alliance no strings attached, its already shown ingame that Silvermoon exiles and High Elves are learning void powers.
    The point still stands, High Elf Paladins exist as Church of the Holy Light devouts before the Blood Knight Order existed
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    No worries it's like the Worgen redesign all over again. Some people are still venting over how Blizzard decided to handle it despite the majority of its fans welcoming the outcome.

It happened same when Orcs were getting upright posture, a vocal few were making a final push to stop the upright Orcs from happening. But that is like a person trying to stand in front of an oncoming train. A hype train nonetheless!
    Yeah. I hope they don't think the majority is somehow upset with this and regret their decision. Most people seem stoked about this, but they've already left their approval.

And I am glad as somebody who doesn't even really care about High Elves, because this seems like the fairest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The point still stands, High Elf Paladins exist as Church of the Holy Light devouts before the Blood Knight Order existed
    I am not 100% on the lore but there are posts in here that debate this. From what I've read the Holy high elves joined the Hand AFTER the Blood Knights (and in Silvermoon there weren't any paladins to begin with).

Again this doesn't go against the lore because you are still playing a VOID ELF: it's now a political thing instead of solely the new biological subrace. Why would a high elf paladin join a void faction?

This exactly why this thread will never die...

kekw.
    Does it have to die though? I come back to this thread every two or three months and make a couple of posts in regards to the latest revelations and changes.

I'm not even one of these die-hard high elf fans to begin with, so it's not really something that I'm "getting" with the Shadowlands to begin with. I simply like to see Alliance and Horde things be where they belong. But yeah, thank you for telling me beforehand Warcraft franchise-owner Yarathir.
    I'm just saying that you should temper your expectations and to be happy with what you're given.

After Void Elves were introduced, you didn't truly think they'd make Blood Elves, Void Elves and High Elves all a separate race, right?

Now that both Void Elves and Blood Elves can look like High Elves, 0.0001% of chance that playable High Elves would ever be a thing has turned to 0%.

Appearance-wise and cosmetically, they're making Alliance high elves happen indeed. Cosmetics only is not what my understanding of a playable race is however. The lore and continuity behind the group of blood elves now called void elves and the original Alliance high elves are completely different and separate.
    Did they give Wildhammer Dwarves own spot in the race selection screen?

No, they're dwarves, and thus went to be an option for... dwarves. Sure a Wildhammer Dwarf could have distinct "Summon a Bigger Gryphon" racial that Bronzehammers don't have, but that would be extremely redundant at this point.

Similarly, both High Elves and Void Elves are extremely similar Thalassian Elves. Giving High Elves a separate slot on the character race selection just to avoid them proccing Void Form occasionally in combat would be redundant.

If Dark Irons, Lightforged, Mag'har and Highmountain didn't have distinct racials, or were introduced as playable only now, rolling them into their base races would be no issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I hope they don't think the majority is somehow upset with this and regret their decision. Most people seem stoked about this, but they've already left their approval.

And I am glad as somebody who doesn't even really care about High Elves, because this seems like the fairest solution.
    I don't think they will, so we're safe there.

And yeah this is an actual real compromise, and I'm happy to have this opportunity as a base. Will ask for what more we can get going forward (because everyone does lol), but hyped as hell still for what's coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that would not be fucked up bugged? so many names for the same race? if isn't something just as a tittle.
    It's no different than what we have now?

We currently have two completely different races within the game files, "Dwarf" and "Dark Iron Dwarf". What would change isn't the number of files, but rather the location of these options on the character creation screen.

You still have "Dwarf" (though I'd specifically change their name to "Bronzebeard Dwarf") and "Dark Iron Dwarf", still treated as entirely separate races with their own textures, emotes, voice packages, racial traits, etc.; rather than being listed as two separate races on the character creation screen, however, all of these options are located under the umbrella of "Dwarf".