Right now, the void elves simply aren't enough on their own to pose much of a threat, and they don't have enough sway in the Alliance to get many allies. But with the high elves joining them, they could actually accomplish something. They probably wouldn't be able to actually take back their homelands, but they might at least land a few blows in the sin'dorei pride. With the night elves joining them, they might even be able to cause some damage. And perhaps some of the ren'- and quel'dorei could reach their old homes and get some of their old belongings back. And disturb the blood elves enough to draw their attention away from fighting for the Horde on other fronts. So many stories to tell, and not enough playable elves to do it with. Yet.

And with the blood princes of the San'layn joining forces with the Horde, perhaps uniting with the banshees of the dark rangers, the Thalassian Horde side would have even more to retaliate with. And I haven't even mentioned the Nightborne, who will obviously join their new blood elven BFFs and kick some Alliance elf booty. The skirmishes would be epic. This needs to be a thing. Scenario or warfront, or just quest lines for both sides.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard releases High Elves to Alliance they will have the best "Faction Vs Faction" expansion.

High Elves vs Blood Elves is literally Alliance vs Horde, Blue vs Red

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrathel View Post
    *Wall of assumptious text crits for 0 damage*
    But, sure, let's dance this dance. Again.
    Hey I'm not the one driving a near decade old debate.

Because some people just have too. /eye
    Yes, they do. And always will.

This faction bull is getting old and stale. NUMEROUS customisation concepts have been mentioned. For both sides. Besides, pandaren. Besides, nightborne. Besides, void elves. Done and done!
    Nightborne and Void Elves are both modifications of existing models, and both are thematically as far from their parent races as you can get. Nightborne eschew druidism and forest living for city life and arcane magic. Void Elves do not follow the light, or are empowered by it, and instead draw power from the void.

Pandaren, as my well worn retort makes clear, were conceived as neutral, introduced as neutral, their entire storyline was based around their neutrality and the balance in all things...and Blizzard hasn't introduced a neutral race in six years.

While the race itself wasn't a failure, the concept of a neutral race apparently was. And what was the grounds given by the developer when asked about neutral races?

The cost to faction diversity.

As for the 'numerous' customization concepts that have been mentioned, I don't see it. All I see are changes of clothes and hairstyles. The Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves at least have different skin tones...but as you mentioned in your original post that apparently is part of the problem.

Well, with the void elves being even fewer than the high elves, your argument is... void!
    Cute. Void Elves have a territory in Telorogus rift. They have a narrative, dealing with the effects of their transformation and what it mean for them as well as their status as outcasts from Quel'thalas who aren't fully accepted within the Alliance. So they already have superior purpose and superior presence to the Alliance aligned High Elves.

As for the population issue 1.) Blizzard are the ones who continually bring it up and 2.) It's heavily implied that the High Elves hanging out with the Void Elves to learn the ways of the Void are starting out on a journey that will end with them becoming Void Elves.

If confirmed, it means the population issue is moot. Your Void Elf could be a High Elf who wanted to learn the ways of the void and who has completed their transformation or a Blood Elf tired by the restrictions Rommath has placed on such dangerous research who is willing to accept exile. It also means that the High Elf population, already depleted by the events of the last decade, will fall even further.

See above response.
    Ditto.

I didn't ignore it at all. I downright acknowledged it and made it my point.
    No, your point seems to be that this is a task that the Alliance High Elves undertakes. They do not have the power, resources or numbers to do so.

You don't know that. Let's see what Blizzard decides, shall we?
    I posted one in game source and one word of god source backing up my assertion. Waiting for God to speak again to contradict me potentially means waiting years.
    If you can't refute my point with current evidence, then you can't refute it period.

And that makes them less playable because of what, exactly? To many of us, it only serves to make them more interesting. The struggle to find and hold on to a distinct cultural identity, or the choice to let it go and blend in with their allies that's actually an interesting and very unique feature of the high elves!
    So their uniqueness is that they losing their uniqueness?

Firstly, they don't have a distinct cultural identity. Their cultural identity is identical to the ones the Blood Elves have. As an example, one of the most sacred rites of Thalassian culture is a pilgrimage to the Sunwell. The High Elves didn't stop asking for the right to do this on the grounds that 'we have to be as different as possible from the Blood Elves for the sake of it'. What instead appears to be happening is a more natural process where time and distance are eroding the links the High Elves had with their homeland and replacing them instead with the trappings of humanity, not a culture spun out of nothing to justify a playable race.

If they blend with their allies, then they still have nothing unique to offer as that is exchanging a High Elven identity for a Human one.

I suspect this leads to Half Elves as an Allied race. But THAT is just speculation. What it doesn't seem to be leading to is a High Elf allied race.

Or both of that AND more. Or something completely different that Blizzard decides on. Neither of us know, but we can sure come up with suggestions and ideas. As the devs have said they want us to do.
    And you are welcome to give the devs your ideas. As long as everyone understands that offering feedback is not a promise it will give the result you want.

Like the void elves. And soon, the night elves will be left without a homeland as well. Let's see how this plays out.
    Night Elves will likely maintain territories in Feralas and everyone expects the survivors will be a found a new home somewhere. My personal bet is Dustwallow Marsh.
    Nobody has ever thought to find a new land for the High Elves because a.) Their land is Quel'thalas, a Horde region and b.) they have simply moved into Human cities.

And Void Elves have Telrogus Rift. It's one territory, but one is all you need.

Blood elves have far more story, and are being integrated into a completely different culture.
    Thalyssra and Lor'themar confirm that one of the strengths of the Horde is that the individual members retain their traditions and identity. The Blood Elves are not being integrated culturally into anything. Politically they are solid members of the Horde.

They have a good story, but the numbers, the exile, the broken ties to their home, that's really not in the blood elves' story. It's a high elf thing.
    Low numbers, exiled from their home because of a controversial decision...that's the Void Elf story now. Except only a part of it and not the entire thing.

And another part of that is called high elves. They've been with the Alliance for thousands of years. Today, their struggle is greater than ever.
    How could they be with the Alliance for thousands of years when the Alliance was founded less than thirty years ago?

Quel'thalas was the last nation to join the Alliance, they only did so under an ancient blood oath, sent the bare minimum number of forces they could get away with, only committed fully when they were directly attacked and finally were the first nation to leave the Alliance once the opportunity presented itself.

Saying that the High Elves were part of the Alliance for thousands of years demonstrates a wooly grasp of the lore, a transplantation of genre tropes from general fantasy into WoW. Humans and Elves must be friends because in all kinds of fantasy universes they are the best of friends.

That is not the case here.

And that affects the high elven mages or my point as a whole how, exactly?
    That using a group dominated by Hunters to provide the Alliance with a group of 'arcane masters' makes about as much sense as asking the Uncrowned to join the Horde on the basis of the Horde definitely needs more Priests and those Uncrowned fellows are good with bandages.

yes, that was an interesting way of featuring the high elves, wasn't it? Maybe it's the rangers that should have this focus instead, then. The possibilities!
    Unless you are proposing playable High Elves only be allowed to be Hunters I fail to see why. Also, that particular fantasy of the High Elven Ranger is in place as a Blood Elf Hunter. You can be a real Farstrider.

A copy of an existing what?
    Existing race. Odd that dropped.

Neither did void elves. And the Dark Irons only partially had their own thing, but were mainly a plot device for Moira. It's all a matter of perspective, really. And new content will add new stories.
    As I recall the Dark Irons had an entire zone dedicated to them in Vanilla as well as several settlements and some interesting questlines. None of which could be structured around Moira, as that would reveal the twist she was there willingly, and dealt with Emperor Thaurissan and his people.

Lor'Themar was considering old alliances as well, before the whole Theramore kerfuffle. Your point is empty.
    The entire Horde was falling apart at the time and he realised his error very quickly. Regardless, the point remains that a lot has been made of the 'devotion' of the High Elves to the Alliance. It is a fair point that their leader was moments away from defecting, which calls into question the strength of this devotion.

That's your perspective. To me, a mix between the two perspectives, where the void and blood elves' divide is based on shadow versus light, together with the blood elf high elf divide, only makes the whole thing richer. It's all there already. Making it playable from all three points, will make the stories even more fleshed out.
    Fair enough. I believe it is weak justification provided in an attempt to facilitate a clone of an existing race on the other faction, providing you with the opportunity to play that race without having to sully yourself by going Horde. As such, this would be grotesquely unfair to the Horde and spits in the face of the concept of faction diversity.

The Blood Elf/Void Elf storyline has the potential to be impactful and of major significance in the years to come. Mixing in the decade old dispute the high elves had over an issue that stopped being relevant years ago dilutes that dichotomy.

Not as long as the high elves still remain with the Alliance. /facepalm
    It is irrelevant to the wider story.

The high elves were exiled. Torn apart from their homes and families. What a petty excuse for a grudge, right? They have remained with the Alliance. But the people who exiled them are all clear of their addictions now, so they can come home, and start killing their Alliance friends because the blood elves have proven SUCH good company to them. Are we even playing the same game
    ?

The High Elves in the Alliance are such a small group that their feelings are inconsequential and their relevance to the future story is doomed to be overshadowed by the Void Elves and Blood Elves. They have no story of their own to tell.

It's not really about the skin colour per se, but the fact that these are the skin tones the high elves have had as long as we've known them.
    And which are available on Blood Elves. If you aren't playing an elf you like the look of, it's you doing it to yourself.

Void elves aren't even close. They're a completely different thing. And the Horde doesn't offer high elves. It offers blood elves. High elves have other stories, and are another concept by now.
    Void Elves being their own thing is the only way a thalassian elf was getting onto the Alliance. Same deal for the Nightborne.

We will have to disagree on Blood Elves being High Elves. All I have is the Game Director stating they are, Chris Metzen stating Blood Elves' are Blizzard's twist on High Elves and the in game character creator blurb referring to them as High Elves initially.

I am sure you have a number of primary sources expressing the opposite you will share with me to back up your stance and I eagerly await those.

Thematically, no. They're actually quite different, for reasons I've stated again and again. And if you cared to read the OP and follow the discussion, you would see some of the ways they could be altered to make you feel less like they'd steal something from the Horde, while still being high elves.
    Yeah, see I'd like to believe this but when Blizzard actually went and created a Thalassian variant that was different enough from High/Blood Elves to make me feel that they weren't a carbon copy, you didn't like it.

The Void Elves are physically different from Blood/High Elves AND they have no claim on the theme of a Blood/High Elf.

It's a compromise I am not fond of, as I would have preferred the thalassian model AND the kaldorei model to remain unique, but I can live with it.

What you want is a race almost physically indistinguishable from Blood/High Elves with an identical theme.

While you have clearly convinced yourself that the concepts posted here and elsewhere are more than enough to differentiate the High Elves from the Blood Elves, they are not. If a Blood Elf can style their hair that way, or get a tattoo, or get face paint on, then it's not different enough.

Tell you what. Change one more thing on all these concepts and MAYBE I'd consider it.

Change their skin tones to bright yellow.

Thematically still a High Elf, with all the doodads you've dreamt up but with a single, noticeable physical different.

Bright, buttercup yellow skin. Like a teletubby.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Tell you what. Change one more thing on all these concepts and MAYBE I'd consider it.

Change their skin tones to bright yellow.

Thematically still a High Elf, with all the doodads you've dreamt up but with a single, noticeable physical different.

Bright, buttercup yellow skin. Like a teletubby.
    No one has to give a crap about placating you. All of this is for Blizzard to see and work off-of, not you. Thank goodness for that. Never ran into such an insufferable forum-goer before.

Hey I just thought of another area that could be used for the High Elves and they could put it near Kul'tiras as well as already having a big amount of High Elves located on it that we've never met. It was a cancelled Zone in Legion called Thal'Dranath it was scrapped due to the team feeling they had enough Elven factions and stuff already. It was supposed to be an old Highborne themed place kinda like how Azshara's Palace looks in the Well of Eternity dungeon, Silvermoon or the Isle of Quel'Danas (Here is a couple old map pics that had it http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Thal%27Dranath ) the High Elves there were supposed to have a story similar to the Nightborne as well. As in they didn't really know what has been happening around the world like the Blood Elves or Void Elves or Alliance and Horde ect. I wouldn't doubt if they were going to have Vareesa Windrunner try to turn them to the Alliance

Also i thought you may want to add the old High Elf racial crest to go with your other one. ( https://www.google.ca/search?biw=160...kIIYOJCjo3D7M: )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Just as those of us that believe the lore implicates that HE's shouldn't be playable, does not mean we have to bow down to what you want.

Just as you said, this is for Blizzard to see and decide. And hopefully they'll choose to respect the standing lore.
    The Standing lore is that there have been High Elves in Alliance since Day 1 of WoW, whether you like it or not. They've also had a presence on Alliance in all expansions sans WoD.

So yeah if you want to go by respecting the standing lore, then High Elves have promise. This shit meme of "Blood Elves are High Elves" only started when Ion said his thing, for years everyone understood what was meant by having playable High Elves before that.

Now suddenly everyone's seem to forgotten conveniently all the times they've been showcased around Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    The Standing lore is that there have been High Elves in Alliance since Day 1 of WoW, whether you like it or not. They've also had a presence on Alliance in all expansions sans WoD.

So yeah if you want to go by respecting the standing lore, then High Elves have promise. This shit meme of "Blood Elves are High Elves" only started when Ion said his thing, for years everyone understood what was meant by having playable High Elves before that.

Now suddenly everyone's seem to forgotten conveniently all the times they've been showcased around Alliance.
    blood elves are high elves started way before Ion even said it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Zealots are only making a big deal out of it because it's coming from someone's opinion they can't brush off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Cool so essentially you guys have been saying it for longer time and yet High Elves have still continued their presence, Silver Covenant at that specifically, alongside Alliance? I guess Blizzard didn't really believe that ever.

That statement still doesn't take away from the above I stated and the fact that this entire High Elf topic is a situation unique to Alliance only, therefore the resolution should require a solution that satisfies Alliance faction players moreso than Horde players.

But again all this is back and forth when Blizzard will ultimately decide what is what.

7+ Year Old Account
    All those times they've been show cased have been one singular group. The Silver Covenant, which is not a very big group. It is a militia of Dalaran, aka not an army.

High Elves since WC3 have been a small faction, even smaller than that when you break off the part that would become Blood Elves. The standing lore is that those that decided to be Alliance boot lickers are few and far between, the highest concentration of them; in any given area, being the Silver Covenant of Dalaran.

Just because it exists in game, does not mean it should be playable.
    Again going back to WC3, extremely silly. We're talking about WoW and High Elves in WoW. And a Militia is much larger than a "Squad" so the numbers argument is extremely meaningless, not sure why bringing it up again.

You're right, just because it exists doesn't mean it should be playable. But High Elves not only exist, they're the most requested Allied Race ever, by comparison to both sides. No other race is this requested and no other race is ever going to have this level of engagement from within the community.

Try and paint it as only Alliance wanting this all you guys want, but High Elf popularity wouldn't be what it is if it weren't also receiving support from Horde players. There's just no way this race is such an anomaly if only 1 side wanted them happening.

Even then, the popularity contest isn't the deciding factor, it's what arguments people put forth, and from there also it's what Blizzard ultimately decides.

So with all that factored in, yeah High Elves have a chance at happening and not on the virtue of merely existing.

a tangible form of autism

7+ Year Old Account
    They have a chance sure. But just remember, they had a chance in BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, and even just before they announced Void Elves. Just as I told @elbleuet in the other thread, if it doesn't workout how you believe/want don't try to paint Blizzard as the bad guy for your own hype building.
    Yeah that was before the Allied Races system existed. All those times may as well be moot since Blizzard is already providing us more races than they've ever done and the expansion hasn't even finished yet. Suffice it to say that the AR system has completely changed how quickly and efficiently they can bring races to the forefront.

Also I don't think a lot of people understand the entire system of Allied Races.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Allied_race

Allied races are, from a design point of view, alternate versions of the main races, akin to the long proposed fan concept of "sub-races". They use the skeleton of an existing race, but altered and with a different model. They also have their own racial abilities. Allied races get a full character kit: their own emotes, their own flirts, funnies, exertions, and so on.[2]
    If you and others think this system was made to come up with lots of unique, new races then you guys are in for disappointment. There's going to be rehashes, multiple ones. Alliance is already getting more new-er looking races than old favorites compared to Horde side. So it follows that Alliance will have a sooner chance at getting rehashes. And HEs are still one of those "community favorite" rehashes.

7+ Year Old Account
    And in your own argument:

Which you got with the Void Elves, regardless if it was asked for or wanted.

And I'll quote myself, because it's worth repeating:
    So are you someone that believes Wildhammer Dwarves will never exist? That they will never come out with Undead Elves? That other requests such as Vrykul (which would be a 4th Human variant btw, KT already are a 3rd), Broken, or other Trolls won't come?

Do you think once every existing race gets a 2.0 version that it's done and over with?

Also don't know why you keep bringing that quote up, I've said it many times before I'd appreciate Blizzard speaking on the matter whether it's a yes HE will happen or no HE won't happen. Then people don't have to continually request it, wherein do I ever come off as going to blame Blizzard as the bad guy?

That's something you anti-Helfers actually sound like "Blizzard better not release HEs or they're just destroying their own lore! REEEE"

Quote Originally Posted by Blazindragon1737 View Post
    Hey I just thought of another area that could be used for the High Elves and they could put it near Kul'tiras as well as already having a big amount of High Elves located on it that we've never met. It was a cancelled Zone in Legion called Thal'Dranath it was scrapped due to the team feeling they had enough Elven factions and stuff already. It was supposed to be an old Highborne themed place kinda like how Azshara's Palace looks in the Well of Eternity dungeon, Silvermoon or the Isle of Quel'Danas (Here is a couple old map pics that had it http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Thal%27Dranath ) the High Elves there were supposed to have a story similar to the Nightborne as well. As in they didn't really know what has been happening around the world like the Blood Elves or Void Elves or Alliance and Horde ect. I wouldn't doubt if they were going to have Vareesa Windrunner try to turn them to the Alliance

Also i thought you may want to add the old High Elf racial crest to go with your other one. ( https://www.google.ca/search?biw=160...kIIYOJCjo3D7M: )
    It can't be Thal'Dranath. Thal'Dranath is the original Darnassian name for the Broken Shores. In one of the pre-Legion audio dramas, It was mentionsed that the Tomb of Sargeras was on Thal'Dranath.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wildhammers make sense as they have two different zones they can pull from (Hinterlands and Twilight Highlands if I'm remembering correctly). Undead Elves make sense as the VAST majority of High Eleves died during Arthas' run through of Quel'thalas. Vrykul make sense as there's two different continents you can pull them from. Broken the same as Vrykul. Trolls same as the previous two.

Alliance HE's however as stated are few and far between with the exception of the highest concentration of them in Dalaran's Silver Covenant.

Dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. That's Blizzards decision, not yours, and not mine either.

You could be for all I know. I've been around since early-mid BC and every expansion where people hyped themselves up for a possible HE inclusion turned into Blizzard failing, Blizzard hating the Alliance, Blizzard's obvious Horde bias, etc etc.

Excuse me for playing a story driven RPG, that I find value in established lore and story.
    Right so again your only argument is the population one when it's clear a militia of High Elves are greater than a Squad of em, seems you have no concerns over having a 3rd Dwarf, 3rd Draenei, 4th Human, 3+ Trolls, nor 3rd Elf specifically on Horde side.

Going to chalk this one up to "I just don't want High Elves" like the rest of em. Good thing not everyone has to like every AR that comes out.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2018-04-23 at 04:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And as I've already stated, arguing population against Void Elves is irrelevant as they are a form of magic corrupt Elves. Magic corrupt Elves can be made. See Felbloods, see Wretched, and see Withered (which is the opposites of the other two).

You can choose to ignore that fact as much as you want, but it doesn't go away.
    Not ignoring it, just haven't seen proof more are made, so until then they will kept being referred to as a squad. The game shows us examples of when new DKs and DHs and other classes are being made.

A bunch of elves standing around in the rift wanting to learn about the void =/= being turned. It wasn't even something they intentionally did, it happened against their will and was a painful process.

Not wasting time arguing back and forth over this, until the game says there's more made explicitly I'm not convinced and you don't have proof.

Adding my 2 cents worth again.

IMO, High Elves should not be made playable due to the following issues:

1. Faction Identity - Blood elves are a trade mark of the Horde. I acknowledge that HE have been part of the Alliance since WC2 and also parts in WoW; however, they have only ever been represented as NPCs (and represented as a minor group). The BE on the other hand have been an actual playable race allied to the Horde for over a decade. As such, the thalassian elves model has become a core part of the Horde... a core IDENTITY you could say. Giving HE to the Alliance (on top of VE) would feel to me like a slap in the face....ESPECIALLY at a time where the upcoming expansion is ALL ABOUT FACTION IDENTITY and PRIDE.

2. Too Similar - Further to the faction identity issue above... it would feel silly seeing a blue eyed BE running around on the alliance. I'm aware of the feedback that has been provided to make HE visually different to the BE model; However, I just don't feel that these suggestions would really make HE look much different IMO. Some pro high elfers say they're happy to use the human or NE model, but I imagine other supporters would not like this and would jump to the forums to express their displeasure in removing the thalassian model from HE (given that they are thalassian elves).

3. Faction Imbalance - A hard one to work out what the impact on balance would be if HE were introduced. It may do nothing or it may create some imbalance issues. Again, this is very hard to predict but the risk of imbalance should be considered and necessary control measures implemented (and I'm sorry but your opinion on whether it will or won't is purely an opinion and not a FACT).

4. Story - I'm concerned that including HE will detract from potential story progression for both VE and BE. Before we see any further HE story progression I'd like to first see progression of the VE story line and more emphasis on BE too ... you know... the two currently playable thalassian elves. It seems that Blizzard are pushing a void/light story arc in VE and BE (given the void and given the gold eyes for BE). Where exactly do HE fit in this story? Light?? That looks like BE might be fitting that role.

These are just my opinions and concerns. Positive and friendly counter arguments are welcomed. I will ignore any insults (that come in any way, shape or form). And if you do feel the need to insult, then just remember the picture you are painting for your pro/anti high elf community.

To offer a broader spectrum of contribution to the topic. IF (and I emphasize the IF) high elves are to be considered as an actual AR, then I feel the following control measures would be appropriate to ensure that the Horde identity and BE model aren't negatively impacted:

1. Use the human or NE model. If the BE model were to be used, then I think it should be altered to the degree that Zandalari were altered to NE (ie. not distinguishable between the two). Tattoos and different wouldn't cut it, they'd need completely different facial features, body features, etc..
    2. Less customization options than BE. Given that ARs in general have less customization options than their parent race, this is a fair and reasonable request.
    3. Less class options than BE. Given that ARs in general have less class options than their parent race, this is a fair and reasonable request. IMO, druid, shaman, dh, dk, warlock and paladin should not be available to HE. This would leave them with Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Priest, Monk which is a fair selection and lore wise makes sense.
    4. Alternatively, make half elves the AR not High Elves. That would give the Alliance a race that actually CONTINUES the story they're invested in (the elves who stayed with the Alliance) and also prevents the direct lift of the Blood Elf model.

The purpose of these control measures would be to ensure that HE are not made more desirable than BE..as I'm sure the purpose of AR is not to detract from their parent races but rather to add some varying customization/selection options. I feel this would for the most part satisfy both pro and anti HE supporters. The pros would get their playable HE and the anti's would for the most part not feel like their faction identity was being jeopardized. Just my IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you're just going to ignore the entirety of HE/BE lore, in that over indulgence in magics for them turns them into some form of wretch in accordance to the magic type they over indulged in?

Too much Arcane and they turn Wretched.
    Too much Fel and you get Felbloods.
    Nightborne (before the Arcandor cure) not enough to stave their addiction and you get Withered.

But somehow you feel too much Void wouldn't yield a Void Elf, simply because it hasn't been out right stated for you. How convenient for you.

But do as you will, I'm clearly not going to convince you of anything.
    And this is why I won't get dragged into back and forth. Your example should show you already and I've stated it as well: Your methodology is flawed since you use repeatable examples (Arcane indulgement, Fel indulgement, and Arcane withdrawal).

None of those scenarios apply to how Void Elves came to be, the Ethereal wasn't engorging them on Void Magic he was trying to take their mortality away and turn them into ethereals, which got interrupted. It's not a case of engorging oneself, and hasn't been displayed to be repeatable.

It's not convenience, you're trying to make something act the same as other things when it's explicitly been shown that's not what has occurred. Not sure how you got into your head that these Elves became Void Elves because they engorged on Void.

I also said until the game shows it can happen, I'm going to assume it can't. That doesn't mean I'm not open to the possibility, just working with what is in-game and shown to be, unlike you creating a scenario that didn't happen in reality.

Hey everyone! Here's something I made sitting at Whataburger this evening with my wife and little one. My wife brought the water colors so we all did little art projects together. It's a fun piece so I thought I'd pop in and share.

Water color and ink