What you want and what is happening are seemingly two very different things.
    You can still make a High Elf Ranger using the void elf skins.

I've just made a High Elf Kirin Tor Mage. Be creative, use your imagination.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Yep and your message is ringing hollow, because the majority are actually happy. The common player is happy, but it's the internet forums where this is seen to be a "big issue." It's not anymore. We're getting High Elves for both factions. It's time to move on and stop asking the impossible.
    Man... You are the only one saying I'm 'unhappy'. People can now play High elves, that's what I always wanted in the first place, why would I be unhappy? Jeez...

Can't you just try to understand what I said instead of telling me that I am unhappy, fanatical, silly and issued?

Saying my messages are 'hollow' also just point how much you don't want to hear and/or understand them for whatever reason, what do you fear about them? People remarking that an Allied race would always be better will not make them /delete what they added now.

The Void elf options also were 'the impossible' mind you.

Just give it time. People already asked for Paladins for Void elves or more natural colors for hair, and when everyone gets their hands on the new customization, some more of them will ask for more details that are 'High elven-like' to be added since they would be playing their Void elves with the new features as High elves and pass a lot of time playing their characters.

And about both factions 'getting High elves'... No, the Alliance is. Blood elves don't call themselves High elves due to it being an offense, it's part of the lore you seem to care about. But enough of that, just pointing you are filling your responses with words that don't have a thoughtful basis.

What you want and what is happening are seemingly two very different things.
    What is your point? Why are you even here?

- - - Updated - - -

I've just made a High Elf Kirin Tor Mage. Be creative, use your imagination.
    I just created a fel orc priest.

He has brown skin, but in my head he's a fel orc.

You want an allied race slot to be taken by a race, where their features are already in two of the races anyway.
    It's time to just move on.

You want an allied race slot to be taken by a race, where their features are already in two of the races anyway.
    1. There are no allied race "slots". There is no limit to how many allied races there can be.
    2. I don't want them to be an allied race. I want them to be a normal race, starting at level 1 with their own starting zone, their own racials, mount and heritage armor. Like a proper race. Allied Races are lazy.

It's time to just move on.
    Heed your own advice. You are the one obsessing over this bubbele.
    Last edited by Allan Coe; 2020-07-08 at 10:19 PM.

And you aren't?

High Elves won't be an allied race. It's time for you to accept that basic fact.

And you aren't?

High Elves won't be an allied race. It's time for you to accept that basic fact.
    I don't want them to be an allied race. Learn to read.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    Heed your own advice. You are the one obsessing over this bubbele.
    This is true.

At least from my part I will probably not touch the subject again in quite some time after engaging with it today since not coming back to it from a week ago (I believe), just came here to not let the idea of the Allied race being forgotten just because Blizzard gave convincing costumes for the Void elves.

On the other hand, this individual is just repeating again and again that we are the fanaticals, and, well, at least from my part, the unhappy ones.

Just please don't forget that an Allied race will always be better.

And mark my words: People will ask (and already did) for more details for their High elves after playing with them for some time.

I don't want them to be an allied race. Learn to read.
    Normal race is even less likely.

Hell yeah.

Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-07-08 at 11:05 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    These Dark rangers are undead. Being undead is not the same as being a Void elf that doesn't look purple.
    It is. Void elves were given natural skin colors despite them originally being a race so tainted by the void that their entire body turned blue. Giving blood elves some undead type skin tones is the equivalent. Slap some red eyes on and there ya go. Alternatively, I'd be fine if they just allowed undead to have a forsaken elf option.

You care now about these things? This would not sound so gritty if you weren't on a crusade against High elves for literal years.
    I never denied high elves existed. I merely pointed out from the very start that blood elves are our high elves and were already playable. To me, faction distinction is important so I merely put my voice in to express that playable high elves would blur the lines... given that blood elves (who are high elves) were already available on the opposite faction. Dark rangers on the other hand do not detract from the uniqueness of any alliance race, they are exclusively Horde and share no thematic with any alliance race. Apples to oranges.

What's funny tho is that you are acting as if I'm against undead elves being playable, when all I'm saying is that customization doesn't fix everything, giving costumes doesn't solve everything, painting models over is shallow, it's literally giving carcasses with a non corresponding filling.
    It sounds an awful lot like you're against undead elves being playable. You also love to express that "you're a blood elf player", yet you spend more time and energy talking about high elves on the alliance than you do blood elves. Me thinks there is an illusion you're hiding, alliance spy. You seem to have no issue with void elves being diluted by "high elf" aesthetics, but have issue with blood elves being diluted by "dark ranger" aesthetics. Double standards.

Void elves with more normal skin tones is not 'unbalanced' nor unjust. Most times someone comes out with the 'balancing' argument is basically a way of making appear as if that person has a point about something, when categorically that isn't the case.
    Void elves are receiving ALL of the blood elf skin options, while having their own VOID skin options. Skin options wise, they now have more options than their parent race. IF they were to receive the blood elf hair options too, on top of their void hair options (hair styles and color), then there would be a further unbalance and an unfair one. Thus, one option to counter balance this would be to offer blood elves some dark ranger customizations. In saying this, I hope they keep void elves with darker hair tones to allow some level of distinction between them and blood elves (albeit minor). Why? Because racial distinction is important whether you believe so or not. It makes your race choices matter, it makes faction choices matter.

I mean, given the other phrase that I made the observation of being ironic coming from you, I will count this all as some sort of fragile parody of High elf requester's arguments from you. Someone would even say it's some sort of an attempt of vengeance.

That's a very fair contextual observation.
    Dark ranger is exclusively a Horde theme. The high elven race and theme on the other hand was predominantly a Horde feature, with the alliance having a minor inclusion of the race and theme within them. Blood elves are and were the main high elven group in WoW, with alliance aligned high elves being a minor group and feature in comparison. On the other hand, dark rangers are Horde exclusive. Apples to oranges.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Alleria looks completely different from either Void Elves and Blood Elves. It would be so hard to make them look different right? Just give them blue face tattoos.

This more than anything is what I want, and it is not possible for my character to be that neither with Void nor with Blood Elves, and it is distinct enough from both of them to warrant being its own race.

And if you don't like it, so what? Don't play one. Why does the idea of this being an option offend you so much?
    You're implying that it offends me when I'm simply saying that these options for Blood Elves and Void Elves are literally the compromise.

There isn't going to be a third race for the same purpose. That's what these additions to Void Elves and Blood Elves mean.

There is a bigger likelihood for Blizzard to make a Highborne race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No. Alleria is a High Elf with void powers.

You can't be a High Elf with Void abilities.
    Why not? Alleria had void abilities long before she absorbed any void critters and gained a void form. Are High Elves also not allowed to be shadow priests now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. Alleria is a High Elf with void powers.
    To be fair, the game and novels refer to her as a void elf now so I think its reasonable to refer to her as such. She just didn't get her powers in the same way Umbric and his followers did. And for all we know, new Void Elves are getting their powers in a manner more similar to Alleria than Umbric and company.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-07-08 at 11:33 PM.

What is your point? Why are you even here?

- - - Updated - - -

I just created a fel orc priest.

He has brown skin, but in my head he's a fel orc.
    Fel Orcs have red skin, not brown.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    It is. Void elves were given natural skin colors despite them originally being a race so tainted by the void that their entire body turned blue. Giving blood elves some undead type skin tones is the equivalent. Slap some red eyes on and there ya go. Alternatively, I'd be fine if they just allowed undead to have a forsaken elf option.
    Because the very concept of them being able to cleanse in some way shape or form or that the new students have joined their ranks and have not been through the same is so outworldly nobody could every grasp at it, right? Come on.

I never denied high elves existed. I merely pointed out from the very start that blood elves are our high elves and were already playable. To me, faction distinction is important so I merely put my voice in to express that playable high elves would blur the lines... given that blood elves (who are high elves) were already available on the opposite faction.
    Well, flash news, you were utterly wrong about that.

Dark rangers on the other hand do not detract from the uniqueness of any alliance race, they are exclusively Horde and share no thematic with any alliance race.
    ?????? Who said it does? Not me that just to start.

Apples to oranges.
    Exactly, apples to oranges, Blood elves aren't undead and Void elves don't stop being Void elves because they don't look purple.

It sounds an awful lot like you're against undead elves being playable.
    Yeah well I already said how many times I wonder how much you purposefully misunderstand others.

You also love to express that "you're a blood elf player", yet you spend more time and energy talking about high elves on the alliance than you do blood elves.
    Hello? You have been in this thread for literal years.

Me thinks there is an illusion you're hiding, alliance spy.
    This is not a contest about saying the most ridiculous thing, and you have been playing it alone.

You seem to have no issue with void elves being diluted by "high elf" aesthetics, but have issue with blood elves being diluted by "dark ranger" aesthetics. Double standards.
    Check again, a bit up the post, copying it just in case: Blood elves aren't undead and Void elves don't stop being Void elves because they don't look purple.

Void elves are receiving ALL of the blood elf skin options, while having their own VOID skin options. Skin options wise, they now have more options than their parent race. IF they were to receive the blood elf hair options too, on top of their void hair options (hair styles and color), then there would be a further unbalance and an unfair one. Thus, one option to counter balance this would be to offer blood elves some dark ranger customizations. In saying this, I hope they keep void elves with darker hair tones to allow some level of distinction between them and blood elves (albeit minor). Why? Because racial distinction is important whether you believe so or not. It makes your race choices matter, it makes faction choices matter.
    Do you realize Blood elves have lots of similarities with humans on customizations right? And that these skin tones are shared between 8 playable options? And, as I said (there's not enough repeating with you) a Void elf doesn't have to look purple to being a Void elf, the new recruits at Telogrus can also be Void elves without having to look purple.

I mean, want to talk about skin tones? Why? You are talking as if the skin tones of Blood elves are special, hello? Get back down to earth. Void elves are still Void elves even if they don't look purple, reasons? Have you not seen the students at Telogrus? Yes you did, you obviously did, you are an old dog of this thread, you totally did. Stop ignoring what doesn't go your way, or even try to acknowledge things.

Dark ranger is exclusively a Horde theme.
    Who said otherwise? Ask for an Allied race. There's people asking for San'layn. You literally don't understand what customization options are or mean, these are not for changing your character to another thing that it isn't, undead elves are undead, not living beings, Blood elves are living beings. Void elves don't stop being Void elves because their skin isn't purple, that's your shell to avoid responses.

The high elven race and theme on the other hand was predominantly a Horde feature, with the alliance having a minor inclusion of the race and theme within them. Blood elves are and were the main high elven group in WoW, with alliance aligned high elves being a minor group and feature in comparison. On the other hand, dark rangers are Horde exclusive. Apples to oranges.
    Everyone cares even less about how 'minor' you see the High elves in the Alliance being now.

Yay! My Holy Priest can finally look like a High Elf now

I think my mage will try this look out as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Hell yeah.
    You're going to look amazing!
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-07-09 at 12:04 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    High elf.

I really love it when I see Umbrithas Voidreaver
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Well, flash news, you were utterly wrong about that.
    Don't see that to be the case. The devs abandoned lore restrictions on player customization. That's as far as it goes.

Here's my compilation of allied race enhancements implemented, under work (datamined), unconfirmed (based on evidence on alpha), as well as my hopes for them. Obviously, I'm all for more hair styles, jewelry and stuff for everyone, but I think at this stage it's unlikely for Blizzard to add more geosets, so I focused on splitting customization categories to allow more combos, new textures and some swapping between races.

Lightforged Draenei:
    - Implemented: Facial hair split into Facial Hair and Tendrils.
    - Datamined: Eye color selection
    - Unconfirmed: Tattoo colors (Opaque or Reflexive, maybe glowing)
    - Hoping for: Skin colors (bronze, golden, copper), hair colors (dark gold, light red, dark copper, black)

Void Elf:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Belf skin colors (unfinished, still need to change underwear and maybe female nail polish)
    - Unconfirmed: Skin and Hair color selection for Entropic Embrace.
    - Hoping for: Hair colors (black, silver-blue, beige blonde, dark red), Alleria-like tattoos (void, blue, violet, magenta), Hair Tendrils (on/off)

Dark Iron Dwarf:
    - Unconfirmed: Piercings split into more categories (ear, nose and so on)

Kul Tirans:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Facial Hair split into beard and mustache
    - Hoping for: A few hair styles, beards and mustaches exchanged between KT and humans

Mechagnomes:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Inherited new gnome Skin Colors, Skin Color split into Skin and Paint Job
    - Hoping for: Facial hair split into Mustache and Beard, Modification split into Ear Enhancement, Jaw Plating and Ocular Implant, new Paint Jobs

Nightborne:
    - Datamined: Eye colors, 1 new female Jewelry
    - Unconfirmed: Tattoo colors (Opaque and reflexive, maybe glowing)
    - Hoping for: Chin plate (on/off), Jewelry Color (gold, silver, copper), faces with slanted eyes, new skin colors (dark grey, light grey), new hair colors (purple, blue, gold), Arcane Flow on hair (on/off)

Highmountain Tauren:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Markings split into Body Painting and Paint Color, female option for earrings (on/off).
    - Hoping for: New Paint Patterns and Colors (Yellow, Orange, Purple, White), new skins (white, mixed black and brown, mixed white and brown)

Mag'har Orc:
    - Datamined: Eye colors
    - Hoping for: Accessories split into more categories (Earrings, nose and so on), Skin Color split into Skin Color and Tattoos, Inherited Scars from orcs, New Skin Colors (Shattered Hand White) and Eye Color (Shattered Hand red), Some Hair Styles and Facial hair shared with orcs.

Zandalari:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Jewelry split into Earrings and Ear Gauge (Male) plus Piercings and Necklace (Female).
    - Hoping For: Earrings and Piercings further split into more categories (Lip, Nose, Eyebrow), new Skin Colors (more vivid colors: Ice Troll-like, Forest Troll-like, Desert Troll-like)

Vulpera:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Ears split into Ears and Earrings (on/off)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-07-09 at 03:07 AM.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To be fair, if blood elves can still be called high elves by developers and players parrot it everywhere, then so can void elves be called high elves as well when developers have done these additions strictly because of the high elf request and when afrasiabi even said it's possible for void elves to get high elf skin tones for that high elf fantasy.

Otherwise, if you want to be pedantic and go by authored books then the blood elves are referred to as blood elves ever since they took that name on and never as a high elf since then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Yay! My Holy Priest can finally look like a High Elf now

I think my mage will try this look out as well!
    I really really love the darker skin elves, makes them look Wrathion-esque as in a middle-eastern type feel!

- - - Updated - - -

Void Elf:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Belf skin colors (unfinished, still need to change underwear and maybe female nail polish)
    - Hoping for: Hair colors (black, silver-blue, beige blonde, dark red), Alleria-like tattoos (void, blue, violet, magenta)
    Crazy how close they are to essentially covering "High Elf" portion for Void Elves, then they can go as crazy as they want on Void Elves starry/void/occultist themes.

And all it would take would be a few hair colors (I don't even mind if no new non-void hairstyles, this would be icing on the cake).

Hair colors which can come from humans btw so that a certain sect of Blood Elf players don't continue feeling like options are being 'stolen'

- - - Updated - - -

Hell yeah.

These look insanely good.

It's making me hard to decide on one character class for my Alliance High Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    To me, faction distinction is important so I merely put my voice in to express that playable high elves would blur the lines... given that blood elves (who are high elves) were already available on the opposite faction.
    And I am so very glad Blizzard did not share your viewpoint of what is important faction distinction and blurring the lines by allowing playable High Elves to both sides.

Super super glad about it!