Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    or he could represent the high elves who are already part of quetlhalas society.
    But why? That's what I am asking you.

Why should the character that is ostensibly about neutrality join the Blood Elves -and the Horde- Again, Auric's whole presence in the Sunwell is to allow pilgrimage to High Elves that are not part of the Horde, it wouldn't make sense to make him part of the Horde, not without showing it as a betrayal of his purpose, which would not be seen well at all by the High Elves that he is allegedly representing. Cause again, he's whole point is that he represents non-horde helves, that's his purpose and function.

Again, of course it makes sense for some of those High Elves to rejoin the BE's, but if Auric were to do so, he could simply not continue to be the Non-Horde High Elf representative in Quel'danas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    If anything, he'd probably become more of a neutral NPC rather than being solidly Alliance or Horde, and act as a facilitator in repatriating those High Elves who wish it, to Silvermoon, and expatriating any Blood Elves who wish to leave the Horde, to the Alliance, such as those Silvermoon Scholars we see in Telogrus.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no particular objection, but that doesn't mean I think its necessary or worthwhile to do so.
    I think it would be good, but that's my opinion

If anything, he'd probably become more of a neutral NPC rather than being solidly Alliance or Horde, and act as a facilitator in repatriating those High Elves who wish it, to Silvermoon, and expatriating any Blood Elves who wish to leave the Horde, to the Alliance, such as those Silvermoon Scholars we see in Telogrus.
    IMO I think Auric has been functionally neutral for a while; his whole purpose in Quel'danas is to allow the non-horde High Elves safe pilgrimage. For him to do that, his position kinda has to be politically neutral -much like Kirin Tor High Elves-

Give him his Auric, if he desires him that much. Everyone should have Auric in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But why? That's what I am asking you.

Why should the character that is ostensibly about neutrality join the Blood Elves -and the Horde- Again, Auric's whole presence in the Sunwell is to allow pilgrimage to High Elves that are not part of the Horde, it wouldn't make sense to make him part of the Horde, not without showing it as a betrayal of his purpose, which would not be seen well at all by the High Elves that he is allegedly representing. Cause again, he's whole point is that he represents non-horde helves, that's his purpose and function.

Again, of course it makes sense for some of those High Elves to rejoin the BE's, but if Auric were to do so, he could simply not continue to be the Non-Horde High Elf representative in Quel'danas.
    but that also makes sense! the high elves of the alliance are joining the void elves! and void elves are a danger to sunwell so they would not be allowed to return to quelthlas!

It would also be a reason to join the horde! Auric loves the Sunwell and Alleria almost destroyed the Sunwell. That is something that you may fear will happen again and therefore joins the horde to protect the Sunwell from an attack by void elves! but this is just a guess but I think it would make sense

IMO I think Auric has been functionally neutral for a while; his whole purpose in Quel'danas is to allow the non-horde High Elves safe pilgrimage. For him to do that, his position kinda has to be politically neutral -much like Kirin Tor High Elves-
    I agree with this assessment. And personally, now that I think about my previous post, I like the idea of Auric being the "middle man" who helps High Elves return Home (and thus join the Horde) if that's what they want, or to help Blood Elves who wish to join Alleria (and thus join the Alliance) if that's what they want.

but that also makes sense! the high elves of the alliance are joining the void elves! and void elves are a danger to sunwell so they would not be allowed to return to quelthlas!

It would also be a reason to join the horde! Auric loves the Sunwell and Alleria almost destroyed the Sunwell. That is something that you may fear will happen again and therefore joins the horde to protect the Sunwell from an attack by void elves! but this is just a guess but I think it would make sense
    And I do agree it could go that way, but you are asking Auric to betray his purpose and become Horde. You are asking for an alliance leaning character to choose the horde, you are asking for him to give up on the reunification of his people, choose a side, and go against his people that are on the alliance.

You are asking for him to choose the Sunwell over his people.

Just want you to make sure you know what you are saying.

Honestly? It could reasonably happen, but it would certainly make him a traitor on the Alliance and Neutral elves eyes. He'd be like a reverse Umbric, but that was actually introduced as an alliance High Elf character before made to switch up.

Personally, I don't get why you would want such a controversial decision of pivoting a neutral character so hard to the opposite side, IMO it's far more suitable to make a character out of any of those random HE pilgrims that want to rejoin the BE's and goes against Auric's sense of neutrality.

I just don't get why you want to subvert Auric's whole characterization to make him Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this assessment. And personally, now that I think about my previous post, I like the idea of Auric being the "middle man" who helps High Elves return Home (and thus join the Horde) if that's what they want, or to help Blood Elves who wish to join Alleria (and thus join the Alliance) if that's what they want.
    Personally I see it as more of a "neither" sort of scenario, he doesn't help anyone pick a side. His concern is to allow all elves, regardless of their politics, to pilgrimage to the Sunwell.

Because if he help people pick a side, it could easily lead to his diplomatic status be revoked, as him saying Belves "hey, you can join Alleria if you want" would most certainly be considered subversion.

I think it's far more likely that the BE's have agents in the Sunwell ready to try to convince pilgrims to return, but would not be impossible to also have alliance agents trying to subvert things themselves.

Very spy vs spy, but Auric himself has to be clean and separate of that to be allowed to serve as an Ambassador.

And I do agree it could go that way, but you are asking Auric to betray his purpose and become Horde. You are asking for an alliance leaning character to choose the horde, you are asking for him to give up on the reunification of his people, choose a side, and go against his people that are on the alliance.

Honestly? It could reasonably happen, but it would certainly make him a traitor on the Alliance and Neutral elves eyes. He'd be like a reverse Umbric, but that was actually introduced as an alliance High Elf character before made to switch up.

Personally, I don't get why you would want such a controversial decision of pivoting a neutral character so hard to the opposite side, IMO it's far more suitable to make a character out of any of those random HE pilgrims that want to rejoin the BE's and goes against Auric's sense of neutrality.

I just don't get why you want to subvert Auric's whole characterization to make him Horde.
    After looking back at his previous posts, I'm starting to get the impression that this poster's request regarding Auric isn't actually sincere, but rather an attempt to rile up pro-helfers/Alliance players. I might be wrong, but it certainly feels like this is the intent rather than a genuine logical request.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I see it as more of a "neither" sort of scenario, he doesn't help anyone pick a side. His concern is to allow all elves, regardless of their politics, to pilgrimage to the Sunwell.

Because if he help people pick a side, it could easily lead to his diplomatic status be revoked, as him saying Belves "hey, you can join Alleria if you want" would most certainly be considered subversion.

I think it's far more likely that the BE's have agents in the Sunwell ready to try to convince pilgrims to return, but would not be impossible to also have alliance agents trying to subvert things themselves.

Very spy vs spy, but Auric himself has to be clean and separate of that to be allowed to serve as an Ambassador.
    the sunwell is a fundamental part of the life of the elves of Quelthalas protecting the sunwell is a sacred duty

- - - Updated - - -

After looking back at his previous posts, I'm starting to get the impression that this poster's request regarding Auric isn't actually sincere, but rather an attempt to rile up pro-helfers/Alliance players. I might be wrong, but it certainly feels like this is the intent rather than a genuine logical request.
    for many years I always thought that auric and the high pilgrim elves could join quelthalas!

You make a very compelling argument. I withdraw my suggestion of Auric filling that role, but I do think it would be interesting to have some NPC that fills such a role.

You make a very compelling argument. I withdraw my suggestion of Auric filling that role, but I do think it would be interesting to have some NPC that fills such a role.

I do not think so because the other high elf characters who could play a representative role in quelthalas would be to remove from the alliance a character strongly linked to them and who was never working alongside the blood elves. It is as if I had Jalinde Summerdrake in silvermoon, in which I really believe that that would be much more shocking than having an auric, to name someone who could be an NPC with some importance who can fulfill the role of representative

I'm curious as to which NPC you're referring to. Not one of the Night Elves Sylvanas raised I assume? Not doubting you, simply genuine curiosity as my memory is failing me at the moment.
    I left a word. I meant the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I left a word. I meant the Blood Elves.
    I'm still drawing a blank... which NPC are you referring to?

Auric has not been very present in the lore since WOTLK.
    The return of Alleria could strengthen his attachment to the alliance, I do not see him betraying a hero of Quel'Thalas whom he represented during his absence...to join the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Auric has not been very present in the lore since WOTLK.
    The return of Alleria could strengthen his attachment to the alliance, I do not see him betraying a hero of Quel'Thalas whom he represented during his absence...to join the horde.
    to protect the sunwell that alleria almost destroyed!

there are other things in the game that also have the name auric.
    "Auric" means "golden", which is why you find things with that qualifier. But there's only one character named Auric.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    why is everyone talking about Auric? Did he show up in Shadowlands?
    I'm just saying that since the high elves are going to be added to the blood elves it would be good if we had auric as a representative of the high elves since he has the title of high elf representative in quelthalas

I'm still drawing a blank... which NPC are you referring to?
    The entire Blood Elf faction. They, a long established Alliance group, joined the Horde for no reason. I’m still salty, but I’m very glad this is finally being corrected in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    "Auric" means "golden", which is why you find things with that qualifier. But there's only one character named Auric.
    As you say, it has a meaning that cannot necessarily be linked to auric sunchaser. Nowhere in the lore does it say that he is linked to that group.

to protect the sunwell that alleria almost destroyed!
    Alleria didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident.
    And it can protect the Sunwell by staying neutral, no need to join the horde.