7+ Year Old Account
    Orcs getting upright...

Blood elves getting golden eyes...

I just want A f*** nice eyebrow on Night Elves without beard. or a Nice HUGE BEARD with big Catterpillar EYEBROWS

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well, then you agree that golden eyes mutation due to the sunwell energies is right now available only to blood elves in bfa beta
    Not lorewise, something you don't seem to be able to grasp, you go on about something as insignificant as the different eye color and yet fail to realize it is not a distinct feature of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not lorewise, something you don't seem to be able to grasp, you go on about something as insignificant as the different eye color and yet fail to realize it is not a distinct feature of the race.
    This is the thing: high elf non supporters say high elf supporters arent able to grasp their arguments. Can high elf supporters say the same as well about high helf non supporters?

This is the thing: high elf non supporters say high elf supporters arent able to grasp their arguments. Can high elf supporters say the same as well about high helf non supporters?
    Because the argument about eye color being distinctive isn't an argument, because lorewise they have different eye colors. You go on about a gameplay feature as if it was defining of a race.

They cared enough to place them in freeing suramar event, in other events in the past and in places in bfa content
    The only purpose of placing Vereesa and her followers at the gate of Nighthold was to be mocked by Ellisande. They played almost zero part in the siege of Suramar. It was Night Elves vs Blood Elves.

And what places are they put in BfA content other than that one High Elf in Jaina's Angels?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    They cared enough to place them in freeing suramar event, in other events in the past and in places in bfa content
    Yeah because the SC always shows up whenever BE do, that's their entire purpose that is what defines them with out the BE doing something the SC has -nothing-

Aethas Sunreaver walks out in the street and farts at least six HE spawn to tell him it stinks. This is all Modern HE have become, they are reactionary asset to the BE story. To make it simple outside of Allerian Stronghold when HE show up it's because the BE are doing something. Dalaran (Both the purge and WOTLK) remade ZA, the Hunter Order hall, Suramar.

Think about it, when is the last time the SC has shown up and there are no BE to be seen?
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2018-05-01 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Don't get me wrong. What I said wasn't in support of HE's. I'm hoping for a hungry all consuming Void(Elves).
    Never said it was. Believe it or not i actually do try to be objective..not my fault the anti he folks often(not always but here often) tend to be so bullheaded people cannot even have fun posting ideas/fanart without redirecting the thread back to "but you won't get them"

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Please, no. I want blood elves to be master mages. I know I play blood elf paladin, but it's because there isn't battlemage class.
    Was just acknowledging that Blizzard could conceivably go that direction. Doesn't seem to be where they are headed though. I also don't think making High Elves the master mages is a realistic design choice because it's been such a heavy Blood Elf design choice.

Shifting High Elves to being rune masters? That makes sense. The old Runemaster class from the Warcraft RPG comes to mind. It would hearken back to the ward stones that protected Quel'Thalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand Blizzard's choice to not add them now. But I hope they'll reconsider.

The Silver Covenant. A large group of High Elves, led by Vereesa and affiliated with the alliance.
    Independant groups of High Elves still affiliated with the Alliance, as can be seen in Outland (particularly terokkar forest).
    Big outcry for the fan base.

Likewise, I think the wowhead article sums it up great:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=283929/t...an-allied-race

Allerian Stronghold is a town in Terokkar Forest with High Elven architecture and many surviving NPCs like Captain Auric Sunchaser and Taela Everstride.

High Elf Vereesa Windrunner formed The Silver Covenant, a faction of High Elves opposed to the Blood Elves presence in Dalaran. Exalted with the Silver Covenant can be reached through reputation from Argent Tournament dailies and interesting rewards include Quel'dorei Steed, Silver Covenant Hippogryph, Shimmering Wyrmling, Silver Covenant Tabard.

The Silver Covenant played an important role in the Mists of Pandaria Landfall storyline. After the Sunreavers helped Garrosh steal the Divine Bell, the Silver Covenant helped
    Jaina retaliate and purge the Horde from Dalaran. Together with the Kirin Tor mages, they formed the Kirin Tor Offensive.

In the Insurrection Storyline, Vereesa and the High Elves aid Tyrande and Liadrin in taking back Suramar for the Nightborne.

You can find sizable amounts of High Elves in Stormwind, Dalaran, and Telogrus Rift.
    And

While the number of remaining High Elves is small, other Allied Races have small populations as well, such as the handful of exiled Void Elves and all the Lightforged Draenei on their spaceship.

While the Blood Elves and High Elves are genetically the same, players are interested in how the cultural differences make them different. Elisande recognizes their differences and treats the High Elves as a separate race, stating - "Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves."

The Mag'har Orc Allied Race is similar to the Orc Race--they're just Orcs uncorrupted by the fel...which sounds similar to how High Elves are uncorrupted Blood Elves.

The remaining High Elves could be grouped together under the The Silver Covenant, led by Vereesa Windrunner. They've made a significant appearance in several expansions and contributed a sizable amount of troops to the Insurrection Storyline.

While the High Elf story could be expanded more--the lack of a pre-existing story, in-game familiarity, and small population hasn't hindered Blizzard from creating the brand-new Void Elf faction.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

silver covenant a large group? hahaha
    nice job.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    silver covenant a large group? hahaha
    nice job.
    As large as Darkspear tribe.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

high elves have less population than gnomes and darkspear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The endangered population that is appropriate to compare to the Gnomes and the Darkspear are the Blood Elves themselves, who were on the edge of extinction following the third war.

The Alliance High Elves are again another tiny, TINY fraction of that total and they have suffered grievous losses since the third war, particularly when Theramore was bombed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about Allerian Stronghold, funny that... because Auric Sunchaser seemed to be the voice of eleven unity during the Quel'delar quest line.
    I AM the victim.

you want to know something funny

i was willing to let the high elf thing slide if blizzard had just said. were not doing Alliance high elves. end of sentence
    and if blizzard did decide to put them in tomorrow. i probebly wouldn't even role one.

BUT

Ion Hazzikostas and by extention Blizzard had to make it personal with his "If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired elf, the horde is their for you" comment.

well at that point i basicly decided, ok you want to be like that. well now im gonna pound at that door even if i have to turn my fist into a bloody stump.
    or in the words of a way more funny person and rabbit. "Ofcoarse you realise this means war"

further more as many have pointed out including myself. their logic is flawed and therefor invalid, moot, irrelivant, what ever you want to call it.

any comment against high elves also applies to the void elves. and if your talking skin tone. why the hell do the horde have nightborne then. the darkskinned and blue elves are cleary an alliance thing then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    you want to know something funny

i was willing to let the high elf thing slide if blizzard had just said. were not doing Alliance high elves. end of sentence
    and if blizzard did decide to put them in tomorrow. i probebly wouldn't even role one.

BUT

Ion Hazzikostas and by extention Blizzard had to make it personal with his "If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired elf, the horde is their for you" comment.

well at that point i basicly decided, ok you want to be like that. well now im gonna pound at that door even if i have to turn my fist into a bloody stump.
    or in the words of a way more funny person and rabbit. "Ofcoarse you realise this means war"

further more as many have pointed out including myself. their logic is flawed and therefor invalid, moot, irrelivant, what ever you want to call it.

any comment against high elves also applies to the void elves. and if your talking skin tone. why the hell do the horde have nightborne then. the darkskinned and blue elves are cleary an alliance thing then
    Some of the more extreme players invested in this topic have apparently made death threats against Ion over this.

As much as you think this maybe personal, trust me when I say he has received far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Some of the more extreme players invested in this topic have apparently made death threats against Ion over this.

As much as you think this maybe personal, trust me when I say he has received far worse.
    Some anti high elf players also made death threats, apparently one said, that he wants to personally kill every high elf fan,

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Some anti high elf players also made death threats, apparently one said, that he wants to personally kill every high elf fan,
    high elf fans are not saints.
    they have been doing the same thing to the anti-HE and towards Ion

10+ Year Old Account
    That logic is flawed for one single thing. Only blood elves are getting golden eyes. The others arent, including void elves
    Daz you seem to be resistant to the explanation provided several times that at the moment all High Elves use a set of custom skins with the blue eyes and that the likeliest reason they haven't shown any High Elves with golden eyes is that they aren't bothered to make the update to do so.

There is no real reason why some High Elves wouldn't also have golden eyes given the lore of the game. But given High Elf population numbers, a golden eyed High Elf would probably be unbelievably rare regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean at the end of the day the eye color was not the defining feature of the BE or even the HE. In theory any member of the SC that is exposed to Fel would have green eyes, that Warlock trainer in old Dalaran? Probably should have green eyes. Pretty sure Alleria was started to have green eyes before she was put into the game, and just being on Argus should turn any blue eyed elf green.

I guess what I am trying to get at is people focus way too much on the ingame eye color representation. In a purely hypothetical world where "HE" were playable there's no reason they could not have green eyes just as there is no reason BE cannot have blue eyes at this point lore-wise.
    I AM the victim.