Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Yeah yeah, so funny isn't it?

However. That shallow view does not make any justice.

A Blood elf in the Alliance would still be a Blood elf. Not a High elf.

It would lack the voicelines, the class selection, the racials, the specific customization, the heritage armor, the High elven hub, etc...

It would exactly be as if they just slapped some tattoos to Dwarves and call it the Wildhammer Dwarves... That is not how it works.

Seriously, this has been spoken so much and your intent is only to deviate people into being misunderstanding about the matter, and it is not even a funny, well constructed joke. It's pretty under-average because it's based on ignorance and misunderstanding.
    I'm actually very pro-playable high elves for the Alliance. I'm just not neurotic about it, sheesh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm actually very pro-playable high elves for the Alliance. I'm just not neurotic about it, sheesh.
    Yeah, and you help -a lot- by feeding harshness against it.

Sheesh...

Yeah, and you help -a lot- by feeding harshness against it.

Sheesh...
    I'm very supportive of it but not above poking fun at the subject matter. I mean, we're 624 pages deep into this debate and discussion. It's gotten above level of ridiculousness. To not parody it would indicate obsessiveness.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm very supportive of it but not above poking fun at the subject matter. I mean, we're 624 pages deep into this debate and discussion. It's gotten above level of ridiculousness. To not parody it would indicate obsessiveness.
    Dude. You can't justify that behavior. You just added more fuel to the fire.

Not mocking it to encourage more unnecessary harshness is not obsessive, seriously, don't deviate with nonsense.

Can you simply accept that you just encouraged the kind of behavior that led people to fight each other and stop doing it?

It does not help, nor is useful or clever in any way. It is very stupid and feeds onto that 'obsessiveness' you point others to have.

Dude. You can't justify that behavior. You just added more fuel to the fire.

Not mocking it to encourage more unnecessary harshness is not obsessive, seriously, don't deviate with nonsense.

Can you simply accept that you just encouraged the kind of behavior that led people to fight each other and stop doing it?

It does not help, nor is useful or clever in any way. It is very stupid and feeds onto that 'obsessiveness' you point others to have.
    No. Relax a bit. Ion and Blizzard aren't going to make the final call based on whether or not Kyphael gave his unwavering seal of approval. People will react the way they do regardless of how I feel. I've made my supportive argument hundreds of pages ago. This thread still exists for reasons beyond me, I can't have Stockholm syndrome and continue to argue for it the way I did back in page 359 or whatever it was. It's become a parody. That @Obelisk Kai still argues his side so passionately is staggering to me. Some variation of customization of the HE will be added sooner or later. Just wait for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Haha, what ?

That's actually more than what Lor'Themar did in 7 expansions whereas he's a racial leader and Vereesa's not.

And when the Legion threatened Azeroth from Argus he was taking care of his hairs at that time. Does that mean he's irrelevant as a character ?
    The thing is you are trying to pretend Veressa is more than she is, insisting she is on the battlefield 'because she is an important Alliance character' rather than the blatantly obvious reason she has turned up for the first time in two years, that she is Sylvanas' sister.

Your comparison with Lor'themar is flawed because Lor'themar has nothing to prove. He is the acknowledged leader of the Blood Elves, a core Horde race, and an important character whose presence is justified on that basis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some variation of customization of the HE will be added sooner or later. Just wait for it.
    Pretty much, it's why I've tapered down about it. Plus, there's so much going on right now upcoming in BFA that until we see the ending there isn't a whole lot to discuss right now.

The only thing pretty much is now all those posts I read about "The High Elves aren't doing anything when we're in a Faction War!" and now we see they're lending their ballistas for the biggest battle yet.

Part of me has a theory that, maybe once we reach higher levels (or whatever the equivalent will be if levels get squished) that the reason High Elves of the Alliance aren't as accessible yet is because most of them are soooo high level (like seeing the High Elf Sorceresses lv 120 in SW) that they're not truly needed until it's absolutely called for (like how their presence is there in the War Campaign ending).

Anyway, it's just a small theory I've had, no biggie if not true. Cuz at this point I'm not sure what purpose it does serve to after-the-fact of "no plans for high elves in near term/horde is waiting for you" to then showcase some of their presence there that could've gone to other races (maybe even the Void Elves? were they there? I really rushed through those quests to see the cinematics).

5+ Year Old Account
    No. Relax a bit. Ion and Blizzard aren't going to make the final call based on whether or not Kyphael gave his unwavering seal of approval.
    I am not saying that. You are.

I'm pretty relaxed, you are the one feeling bothered because I didn't shut up about your 'oh so funny' 'joke'.

Just don't add unnecessary confrontation. Because what you did was confrontational and asserted a position that only looks after shitting on the matter. And you perfectly know that.

Seriously, just accept that you promoted this kind of message. It is what you did. It's unnecessary and problematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    That’s strange to consider “evidence” since there’s the time that Vereesa in Cataclysm helped clear out trolls with that one dude (I forget his name but he’s the other ranger dude alongside Lorthemar, not Rommath). Then ofc MoP with the Purge which Blizzard didn’t forget about as it became a plot point reference in rescuing Baine in 8.2, showing it to be a major plot point.

One could actually even claim that with Sylvanas being set up as a villain that Vereesa will have even more of a role to play in upcoming story related to Sylvanas.

The same way people keep saying Void Elves will get fleshed out yknow, “just wait and see” etc etc.
    Actually, Veressa did nothing to clear out Zul'Aman. Chronicles is quite clear that the Horde dealt with that little issue. Veressa's presence was a one off to facilitate Alliance characters doing the quest line, which is something we now know to be non-canon. As far as the story is concerned she showed up and sat outside Zul'Aman for a day or two and then went home.

In Mists of Pandaria, Veressa was a flunkie doing Jaina's dirty work. The purge was a part of Jaina's story. While Veressa bears responsibility for doing what she was told to do, Jaina was the primary instigator of that incident.

And yes, with Sylvanas now in full villain mode, I do expect to see more of Veressa. As Alleria's sidekick. In a purely familial context. Veressa therefore will be a notable secondary character, not because of her imagined importance with the Alliance as a high elf exile, but as Sylvanas' sister.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The thing is you are trying to pretend Veressa is more than she is, insisting she is on the battlefield 'because she is an important Alliance character' rather than the blatantly obvious reason she has turned up for the first time in two years, that she is Sylvanas' sister.
    She is Sylvanas's sister, that makes her an important character. She also wants Blood Elves to come back into the Alliance, showing her choice of faction.

This makes her an "important Alliance character" - it's completely valid to say that.

- - - Updated - - -

Snip
    You can see Vereesa however you want. Just as some people see Sylvanas as "my true Warchief" and how some see her as a villain. There's nothing to argue in this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, and no Dalaran soldiers in sight, thereby confirming High Elves are part of the Alliance !

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting that Blizzard put them there, and indeed Vereesa showed up with Alleria. Could be there's more to see about High Elves following BfA.
    @Syegfryed is right it seems when he said '"anything that happens in warcraft is somehow someway a new story or a hint to high elves"'

High Elven ballistas. It's a recolour of the Blood Elf ballista. I think the last time we saw them was during the Blood Elf heritage armor quest, although they were ghostly apparitions at that point.

I noticed them during the questline myself and I made sure to check for something. You are correct when you say there are no Dalaran soliders in sight. There are no High Elf exiles, period.

A more plausible explanation is that, with the Alliance stretched to breaking point militarily thanks to Sylvanas luring them into Azshara's trap, mothballed and outdated equipment has been pulled out of storage for this assault, including stuff from the Third War. Some of that stuff belonged to their former allies, the high elves of Quel'thalas.

I am not saying that. You are.

I'm pretty relaxed, you are the one feeling bothered because I didn't shut up about your 'oh so funny' 'joke'.

Just don't add unnecessary confrontation. Because what you did was confrontational and asserted a position that only looks after shitting on the matter. And you perfectly know that.

Seriously, just accept that you promoted this kind of message. It is what you did. It's unnecessary and problematic.
    No!

I'm just going to keep giving lip. I will not admit to such absurd accusations, and if you continue to harass me, I'm going to report you to--time to go home, woohoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    She is Sylvanas's sister, that makes her an important character. She also wants Blood Elves to come back into the Alliance, showing her choice of faction.

This makes her an "important Alliance character" - it's completely valid to say that.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see Vereesa however you want. Just as some people see Sylvanas as "my true Warchief" and how some see her as a villain. There's nothing to argue in this post.
    No, being a family member of someone important does not automatically make you important in your own right.

Ask Prince Edward of England.

Veressa is a notable character, but she is notable because she is Sylvanas' sister and the last two times she has been used in the story is because of who her sisters are. Notable is not important. Whatever role she had as the Alliance friendly Windrunner prior to the end of Legion has clearly been usurped by her far more interesting, far more important Void Elf sister.

5+ Year Old Account
    No!

I'm just going to keep giving lip. I will not admit to such absurd accusations, and if you continue to harass me, I'm going to report you to--time to go home, woohoo!
    What-ever...

Stop stirring shit up.

Being part of the problem is not justifiable.

I can't consider you someone that is in pro of the request or a friendly poster if you are mocking it and adding to the pile of shit. You can't ask nobody to doublethink just for you or for anybody else that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Syegfryed is right it seems when he said '"anything that happens in warcraft is somehow someway a new story or a hint to high elves"'
    Hey I just refresh the "General Discussions" link on MMO-C to see new posts and was surprised to see the High Elf discussion so checked it out. As my posts denote I didn't even realize those were there.

A more plausible explanation is that, with the Alliance stretched to breaking point militarily thanks to Sylvanas luring them into Azshara's trap, mothballed and outdated equipment has been pulled out of storage for this assault, including stuff from the Third War. Some of that stuff belonged to their former allies, the high elves of Quel'thalas.
    Sure, an explanation that is full headcanon until explained by Blizzard. As I recall there were posts where people said "if High Elves are so important to Alliance where are they in the Faction War" well blam, right there in the finale lending their equipment.

People used to say High Elves didn't exist anymore since BFA didn't show their presence, as retarded as that sounds yet they didn't think so. Now it's well within others rights to say High Elves are contributing with Alliance forces by lending their ballistas

So this shuts down one of the silliest claims ever made.

- - - Updated - - -

Snip
    Like I said, you can see her however you wish. Just as most people meme about how Lor'themar does jack-shit despite his position. You can see Vereesa how you want, just how people see Lor'themar how they want, Anduin how they want, Sylvanas how they want, etc etc.

It's inarguable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, you can see her however you wish. Just as most people meme about how Lor'themar does jack-shit despite his position. You can see Vereesa how you want, just how people see Lor'themar how they want, Anduin how they want, Sylvanas how they want, etc etc.

It's inarguable.
    I hate people calling him Bob.

But well... Anyone can have their opinion. As wrong as it can be.

Absolutely not!!! I don't want to play a fair-skinned, blonde-haired, green/golden-eyed Thalassian elf on the Alliance! I want TRUE High Elves. I want to play a fair-skinned, blonde-haired, blue eyed Thalassian elf on the Alliance. Anything less than that is unacceptable. If Blizzard ends up going that route by giving the Alliance Blood Elves instead of High Elves, there will be a new shit storm mega thread. I want to be able to ZOOM IN on my character and other player characters to VERIFY, that it is a High Elf by the indicative color of blue eyes. To have playable Blood Elves on Alliance instead of High Elves would be a slap on the face of every High Elf fan.
    lol
    The funny thing is that there will be no alliance and horde :P

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah, so funny isn't it?

However. That shallow view does not make any justice.

A Blood elf in the Alliance would still be a Blood elf. Not a High elf.

It would lack the voicelines, the class selection, the racials, the specific customization, the heritage armor, the High elven hub, etc...

It would exactly be as if they just slapped some tattoos to Dwarves and call it the Wildhammer Dwarves... That is not how it works.

Seriously, this has been spoken so much and your intent is only to deviate people into being misunderstanding about the matter, and it is not even a funny, well constructed joke. It's pretty under-average because it's based on ignorance and misunderstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. I just felt that I had to say it because your message implied that we were needed of such thing. When it is pretty much a well known part of the lore and a well known part of the Alliance.
    the blood / high elves are the same race.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the blood / high elves are the same race.
    I never said otherwise.

Seriously, I -never- said otherwise.

The fact you bring that up to me just shows how little you understand from what you say.

I never said otherwise.

Seriously, I -never- said otherwise.

The fact you bring that up to me just shows how little you understand from what you say.
    You want a whole new personalization, voice, racial for those who are blood elves with blue eyes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    You want a whole new personalization, voice, racial for those who are blood elves with blue eyes.
    What is your reasoning for it not being possible?

Why a High elf say things Blood elves would say?

Oh yeah, 'Tauren are now our allies? Grea-...'

Oh yeah yeah

Customization for them? Why not?

Racials? Why would they use the same 'racials' (more like things their group does) as Blood elves? You know, as teachings from Kael'thas that they despised...

As you can see, you are the one talking from ignorance. As your last words in the sentence also proves.

High elves, just to start, as the most basic concept of what they are. Are not Blood elves.

The fact that this has to be repeated so many times just shows a willing lack of understanding that just rubs into trolling territory.

Blood elves are High elves. Even tho they don't call themselves like that anymore. And High elves are not Blood elves.

Is easier than a 3-point scheme. It's a 2-point scheme. Come on, what image of yourself do you want to portrait?