Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I tell the truth you have the most played model of the horde and we do not have the most played model of the alliance!
    Absolutely true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Rubbish, you're just trying to rile people up.
    How about we be polite to each other here?

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Absolutely true.
    that you can notice this the game! The void elves are the most popular allied race!

that you can notice this the game! The void elves are the most popular allied race!
    And the really interesting thing about Void Elf popularity is they aren't able to be Paladins or Druids...both which are very popular.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are they playable? the void elves are playable
    Don’t shift goalposts. Horde players are asking for Human models on the Horde. That’s all that needs to be shown to show that it’s not just one sided.

This is also ignoring the other times where Horde would ask for Dark Iron dwarves, and who have now moved on to asking for Red Eredar to be playable.

The whole point is “wow! You guys are trying to ask for our races!” Is absolutely ridiculous because most people are not paying attention to silly shit like that.

What this is showing is that if people could pick the faction and the race they wanted (and probably the class they wanted too) then they would.

Right now with the limitations put by developers they can’t do that, so what’s the next plausible suggestion? Suggesting a version of a race for your faction. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    That's not the point of the trade, and people should stop having some weird ass comparisons.

It's like when people were trying to balance number of Druids on Horde with number of Paladins on Alliance. It's a dumb fuck comparison because Druid amount was only balanced amongst itselves based on races per side.

It's number of Paladins on Alliance and number of Shaman on Horde that's a more correct comparison.

For the Elven AR, it was Elf for Elf. Again, hypocritical since purple elves didn't stay unique to Alliance, yet nobody cares about that.

Probably because people don't actually care about being fair when it's not "their side" that gets the short end of the stick.
    You do realize you're making comparisons as well, while complaining about others making comparisons. You're comparing fair skin elves to purple elves. End of the day, both factions got an elf AR. Both ARs were based off parent races on the opposing factions, with minor alterations so as to provide a level of physical and thematical distinction.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

7+ Year Old Account
    This is me being polite... I have no patience for people being blatantly obtuse.
    Lol gottem! Especially when we can easily see when someone is showing the obtuseness in some areas whereas not in others -hint *pictures*-

Horde still keep asking for it through "Nathanos like Undead" and "Calia is gonna usher in new Light Undead for Forsaken" and no one's throwing a fit. So that just shows my earlier point, if "my side" isn't the one that's getting the short-end of the stick, then no one truly cares.
    A) I've seen hardly anyone asking for Nathanos like undead.
    B) I've seen hardly anyone asking for Calia like undead.

You're seeing what you want to see.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    You do realize you're making comparisons as well, while complaining about others making comparisons. You're comparing fair skin elves to purple elves. End of the day, both factions got an elf AR. Both ARs were based off parent races on the opposing factions, with minor alterations so as to provide a level of physical and thematical distinction.
    You’re doing what Broflake did, so just read my recent reply to him. I don’t need to repeat myself ten thousand times.

- - - Updated - - -

You are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Oh, now got it! Yeah, you are right.

It was already bizarre that void elves skipped every single void storyline in this expansion.

Uldir? No sign of them.
    Alliance quests in Vol'dun and Nazmir? Alliance has no involvement with the void presences there (Umbric coincidentaly is recruited in Vol'dun, but all he does is complain about the heat).
    Stormsong? No sign of void elves.
    K'thir presence in Tiragarde? No void elves.
    Nazmir may not be Void, but there's dark magic afoot. No void elves there.
    Freaking Nazjatar? Void elves do nothing (there's a named one perpetually reading a scroll in our base and some random nameless guards, that's it).
    The BIG Void Patch That is unlikely to be topped any time soon? Sorry, no void elves doing anything of importance.

The race was pointless, aimless and loreless from the start. They never planned anything for them. And Blizzard expects us to like it?
    Void Elves did a lot in the War Campaign. I.e setting the boat charges for the Battle of Dazar'alor and also trying to assassinate Gallywix.

Problem with the Void Elves is the same thing as forgetting the Vindicaar exists.

They're OP, they can void portal everywhere and suck anyone into the Void so Blizzard has to conveniently forget them.

But yeh super dumb they're not doing anything in Nya'lotha. They should honestly replace Wrathions role in the patch with Alleria.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Void Elves did a lot in the War Campaign. I.e setting the boat charges for the Battle of Dazar'alor
    The Void Elves that were there for BoD also all died as well. Confirmed in-game, I believe Anduin or someone tells you in the recent War Campaign conclusion thingy or w/e.

You mean those ugly purple things, yeah ok I don't see many of them around if I'm honest and when you do they always have the palest skin option, surely that says something. I still stand by the Horde does have a popular alliance race available to them now though you can deny it all you want.

- - - Updated - - -

This is me being polite... I have no patience for people being blatantly obtuse.
    they are the most popular allied race

You jumped into a conversation, ended up making a false premise, then expect people to defend a claim you made for them.

That’s really silly and not worth.
    That was literally your complaint, and now you're being disingenuous because I simply pointed out the truth of the matter. If you cannot defend this silly notion of skin color, cede the point and realize it isn't a logical one in your favor.

A) I've seen hardly anyone asking for Nathanos like undead.
    B) I've seen hardly anyone asking for Calia like undead.

I mean there might be a few people who actually asked for these things but it's definitely not on the radar.

With a whole 3.3% of the playerbase they are a 0.5% more popular than gnomes... oh damn huge numbers there...

most popular allied race and outnumber four main races that don't need to be unlocked!!!!

4 main races that have never been popular at all and that wouldnt change. Hell Nightbourne are more popular than Goblins and Panda's.
    less popular than gnome!

Void Elves did a lot in the War Campaign. I.e setting the boat charges for the Battle of Dazar'alor and also trying to assassinate Gallywix.

Problem with the Void Elves is the same thing as forgetting the Vindicaar exists.

They're OP, they can void portal everywhere and suck anyone into the Void so Blizzard has to conveniently forget them.

But yeh super dumb they're not doing anything in Nya'lotha. They should honestly replace Wrathions role in the patch with Alleria.
    They appeared in some stages of the war campaign, true. But the story didn’t take the opportunity to flesh them out, aside from a few Umbric comments.

If the story just skips the particularities of the race, then the void elves could be replaced without changing the outcome.

This is what pisses me off: the void elves are replaceable. Their uniqueness hasn’t been really explored nor affected the outcome of anything.

A void patch like 8.3 could be perfect for that. Tell a story in which the void elves do something only them could do! Seize the moment to show how it personally affects them, and how others react to their actions. Introduce more of them. Explain their culture and flesh out their lore.

Instead, we are getting nothing. So, what’s the point of the race?
    Whatever...

When people say "void elves did nothing" in this expansion, it's because they didn't do anything to showcase the void elves' worth. All they did was grunt-work that any other race could've done.

The nightborne have shown their worth to the Horde by bringing their nigh-unparalleled knowledge of portals and teleportation, for example. The void elves, who should have shined in events regarding the void... did nothing. Whenever the void was being used, we saw no void elves. They have gained zero development. Doing grunt-work is not "development".

That's not the issue. They have more knowledge about the void than any of the races here, due to Umbric's research, but they weren't consulted even a single time on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They appeared in some stages of the war campaign, true. But the story didn’t take the opportunity to flesh them out, aside from a few Umbric comments.

If the story just skips the particularities of the race, then the void elves could be replaced without changing the outcome.

This is what pisses me off: the void elves are replaceable. Their uniqueness hasn’t been really explored nor affected the outcome of anything.

A void patch like 8.3 could be perfect for that. Tell a story in which the void elves do something only them could do! Seize the moment to show how it personally affects them, and how others react to their actions. Introduce more of them. Explain their culture and flesh out their lore.

Instead, we are getting nothing. So, what’s the point of the race?
    the void elves changed the outcome of the battle of lordaeron!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    When people say "void elves did nothing" in this expansion, it's because they didn't do anything to showcase the void elves' worth. All they did was grunt-work that any other race could've done.

The nightborne have shown their worth to the Horde by bringing their nigh-unparalleled knowledge of portals and teleportation, for example. The void elves, who should have shined in events regarding the void... did nothing. Whenever the void was being used, we saw no void elves. They have gained zero development. Doing grunt-work is not "development".
    without the void elves the alliance lost in the battle of lordaeron.

it may be a negative development but I see many void elves joining the Nzoth forces

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Agood example of a race being used well is the nightborne in Nazjatar. No other Horde race would have the insight into the world’s past and Zin-Azshari history there. At best, Blizzard could use some blood elf scholar instead, but it still would be different because he would be citing his studies instead of having personal feelings and experienced related to that zone.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-10-18 at 03:01 PM.
    Whatever...

without the void elves the alliance lost in the battle of lordaeron.
    Alliance mages could've ported the Alliance troops there. Again, "teleporting" is not something only void elves can do.