7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    So just to be clear : Blizzard referred to this as customization for void elves, but because they also didn't say they weren't high elves, while directly calling them void elves, that means your statement is somehow not nonfactual? OOOOk.

And also, how is calling you out for making false claims about what people said being pedantic?
    Blizzard did not say and has never said "you're getting High Elves!". You said they did. I'm noting you're stating falsehoods.
    "Pedantic".

Be excited for your new customizations. But don't say false things and call people pedantic when they note it.
    Also, maybe don't defend outright falsehoods by saying "but the opposite of what I claimed also wasn't stated".
    I guess everyone else is wrong for calling them High Elves? I guess Blizzard should put a stop to that and correct them?

It looks like this is a case of you not getting the hint, but I don't have to convince you or anyone else of that.

If you don't get that these are High Elves, or worse - don't want to know - yikes, then go ahead and live in 'that reality'. Pedantic is actually what you are being, you should look it up.

Here ya go: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedant

"a: one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge
    b: one who makes a show of knowledge
    c: a formalist or precisionist in teaching"

You're doing the first one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Why are you still arguing over an issue that is settled?
    some people can't let it go, im not even complaining about void elves getting high elf skins, im just against the general idea of putting 2 races in the same, with different racials and shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Nice to know that blood elves demon hunters actually aren't blood elves. This example alone weakens all your stances on the matter.
    The mutation on Blood elves isn't total yet, they still have their old racials, they are targeted as "half" demons for a reason, if they keep going well, they sure will be another thing, just like the felblood elves, who are indeed another race of elves

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Culture alone changes and affects your body in a phenotype level.
    Phenotypic change happens with the mix of the organism genetic code and the environment, not the environment alone

Their culture "grants" the Kul'tirans their resistance to nature and cold,
    Having the right genetic code, trough mutations, leave then propitious to prevail in certin conditions and thus, it shows in the outside
    And genetics? You haven't proven that what makes the Kul'tirans what they are is actually genetics and not just phenotype changes.
    Phenotype changes happens exactly because your genotype, its both conditions
    Genetic adaptations to that scale require a much longer period to simply emerge, much less spread to that scale.
    in the real world yes
    They are much likely to be phenotypical manifestations from culture and environment.
    all phenotype manifestations also happens because your genotypic and your genetic code already have the toolss to manifest that.

Like i said, yo can't bring someone from the tropics and believe he will have the same resistance of cold than someone in iceland who his family is there from generations, no matter how hard you try, if you don't have already the right genes/mutations for that to happen.

Read about "insular gigantism". None of the factors for it is present in Kul'Tiras.
    the foster's rule said a specie in an island tend to get bigger or smaller based on the resources available and also based around the predation, if there is no more predators or less than the mainland, species tend to get bigger, like the Kakapo, thats fits Kul'tiras, without "predators", enough resources, a group within then can become bigger

i mean, you can even said the dwarfism also happens there with the thin humans, both events happening at the same time is "normal", rare is happening in the same specie.

If you did know, you would know you are wrong in making that statement. Genotype changes such as that do not occur in such a short period of time.
    genotype changes happens in every generation because trade of genes, in wow things are faster and more wild than usual.
    I'm not sorry here, but you are factually wrong in that statement. You've been proven objectively wrong, already.
    and this prove nothing, since their models were already different, way before they saying they would be playable
    I'm not exactly keen on believing your word, considering our past discussions. And, again, you need to prove that the void elves are a new actual race,
    and this boils down to, what kind of prove do you need, cause apparently youa re a keen beliver of the perfectionist Fallacy

y'know, genetics and all. Saying "they look different" is not enough
    they looking different, passing trough a body mutation who give then different characteristics and racials is different enough to me

way more different than "one elf is alliance the other is horde"
    And racials are rarely actually related to genetics, and more culture- and environmental-based.
    a lot of then are related to genetics too

Wrong. I'm not saying they're not a new race "because there are no void elf children". I'm saying this is what you need to demonstrate that the void elves are a new race.
    and you want me to prove with the void elf children.... like i said, i give other examples, if its nto enough for you then we end things here

The void elves are literally blood elves using void magic.
    you mean blood elves mutated by the void.
    Exception... because you want them to be?
    because they are rly an exception

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I guess everyone else is wrong for calling them High Elves? I guess Blizzard should put a stop to that and correct them?

It looks like this is a case of you not getting the hint, but I don't have to convince you or anyone else of that.

If you don't get that these are High Elves, or worse - don't want to know - yikes, then go ahead and live in 'that reality'. Pedantic is actually what you are being, you should look it up.

Here ya go: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedant

"a: one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge
    b: one who makes a show of knowledge
    c: a formalist or precisionist in teaching"

You're doing the first one.
    All I’ve noted is that you made a false claim. What’s a definition in a dictionary have to do with the reality of a statement?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Translation: I'm angry that you got anything at all, and I can't take any more losses like this. Stop!
    Translation: You're banned

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    All I’ve noted is that you made a false claim. What’s a definition in a dictionary have to do with the reality of a statement?
    There's no false claim, you're just not getting it. The phrase "can't see the forest for the trees" can be aptly ascribed to you, although you probably won't get that as you clearly aren't able to see the obvious in the first place.

Damn, nearing a thousand pages already. Now we need Illidan to say narrate something about this. See you at 1100.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

No. I do not. And I asked you to show me examples of people making that request.
    Yeah, no thanks, no way I am diving into the hundreds of pages that were written this last week here to show you what you already know perfectly is true.

Oh well, I luckily found some, a conversation between two regular posters here of what I said about people wanting Void Elves to get Blood Elf characteristic customization options just to make the Blood Elves fans mad or something like that:

Varadoc: “Void elves should definitely have green eyes as well.”
    Frenchvince: “The hair colors blond, white, chestnut, silver before anyway lol”

Varadoc: “Yeah, give them green eyes. I already got my popcorns ready.”

(and if you doubt about that being true, you can check those in their post history)

Your whole contention for this is "how do we call the pandaren?"[/URL] and I've already answered your question: unlike the blood elves, the pandaren did not rebrand themselves. Everything else is meaningless.
    Just assume that they are exactly the same race, but that they call themselves differently because of their factions, nothing more. You could perfectly call them Alliance Thalassian Elves or Horde Thalassian Elves the same way you call every Pandaren just Pandaren regardless of their faction and not Huojin or Tushui. In the four cases the naming of the four different groups has exactly the same function and doesn't change the fact that below of that name lies the same thing if we talk in racial terms. Huojin and Tushui Pandaren are just Pandaren and High Elves and Blood Elves are just Thalassian Elves. What I pointed first was that in once case you don’t make any differentiation and call them the same way but in the other case you do.

Also, if you quote me, quote me correctly, I didn't ask how "we call Pandaren" but how "you" call Pandaren, as you probably don't call them by the name of the different groups as you do with the different groups of Thalassian Elves.
    Last edited by Lorca; 2020-06-08 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Yeah, no thanks, no way I am diving into the hundreds of pages that were written this last week here to show you what you already know perfectly is true.

Oh well, I luckily found some, a conversation between two regular posters here of what I said about people wanting Void Elves to get Blood Elf characteristic customization options just to make the Blood Elves fans mad or something like that:

Frenchvince: “The hair colors blond, white, chestnut, silver before anyway lol”

Varadoc: “Yeah, give them green eyes. I already got my popcorns ready.”

(and if you doubt about that being true, you can check those in their post history)

Just assume that they are exactly the same race, but that they call themselves differently because of their factions, nothing more. You could perfectly call them Alliance Thalassian Elves or Horde Thalassian Elves the same way you call every Pandaren just Pandaren regardless of their faction and not Huojin or Tushui. In the four cases the naming of the four different groups has exactly the same function and doesn't change the fact that below of that name lies the same thing if we talk in racial terms. Huojin and Tushui Pandaren are just Pandaren and High Elves and Blood Elves are just Thalassian Elves. What I pointed first was that in once case you don’t make any differentiation and call them the same way but in the other case you do.

Also, if you quote me, quote me correctly, I didn't ask how "we call Pandaren" but how "you" call Pandaren, as you probably don't call them by the name of the different groups as you do with the different groups of Thalassian Elves.
    I mean, it's true... since there are also blood elf scholars in Telogrus Rift, void elves should also have green eyes LOL.

Want some popcorns, by the way?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, it's true... since there are also blood elf scholars in Telogrus Rift, void elves should also have green eyes LOL.
    But you are assuming that those Blood Elves become Void Elves. Is there any indication of that ingame? And again, I am just curious, you don't need to "fight" against me, I'm not what people here call "anti-heifer".

... And if any of those Blood Elves become Void Elves, is it a transformation (in their essence and genetically), like the first Void Elves and the ones described ingame or are those new Void Elves not transformed by the Void and only learn how to use it? In that case, are those Blood Elves really Void Elves or just Blood Elves using the void but with more expertise than a shadow priest? In that case, they would remain being Blood Elves, wouldn't they?

Want some popcorns, by the way?
    Sure, as long as they aren't of the sweet type.

But you are assuming that those Blood Elves become Void Elves. Is there any indication of that ingame? And again, I am just curious, you don't need to "fight" against me, I'm not what people here call "anti-heifer".

... And if any of those Blood Elves become Void Elves, is it a transformation (in their essence and genetically), like the first Void Elves and the ones described ingame or are those new Void Elves not transformed by the Void and only learn how to use it? In that case, are those Blood Elves really Void Elves or just Blood Elves using the void but with more expertise than a shadow priest? In that case, they would remain being Blood Elves, wouldn't they?

Sure, as long as they aren't of the sweet type.
    I thought it was an established fact at this point that the pink skin void elves are those high elf scholars in Telogrus Rift? So it should be the same thing with the blood elf scholars. There is a reason why they are listening to Locus-Walker's teachings.

Your second paragraph is unnecessarily convoluted. I just want green eyes...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I thought it was an established fact at this point that the pink skin void elves are those high elf scholars in Telogrus Rift? So it should be the same thing with the blood elf scholars. There is a reason why they are listening to Locus-Walker's teachings.

Your second paragraph is unnecessarily convoluted. I just want green eyes...
    How is it established as a fact that the future pink skin Void Elves are those High Elf pilgrims? I can see why someone could infer that, but that's not a necessary truth established as a fact currently in the game, thus my wondering about it.

Is "convoluted" wrong or bad if you are interested in the lore?

How is it established as a fact that the future pink skin Void Elves are those High Elf pilgrims? I can see why someone could infer that, but that's not a necessary truth established as a fact currently in the game, thus my wondering about it.

It's wrong and bad and a total waste of time. Do you want to know how green eyes for void elves will affect you? You will moan about it on the forums for a few days then move on with your life and forgot they are even a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Why would silvermoon lose its population to alliance defection? The story could simply refer to them mastering their void energy and looking less voidy.
    Exactly. Alleria is still looking peachy unless she goes into her Void Form, so of course the other Velfs can learn it too, it is just a matter of practice and time.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm hopeful that even if we don't get any new hairstyles or colors along with the new skin options, that allied races won't have to wait nearly as long as Worgen and Goblins did for additional options. I'd even go so far as to say I'd expect to see allied races that can reasonably use their parent race's new options get access to those options either at launch or in 9.1 or 9.2 the latest.

Nightborne need a lot of love though, and unfortunately also need more work than just inheriting options from Night Elves. Though I think inheriting some, if not all, Night Elf skin options is a possibility for them.

But yea, the 4 skin tones that look virtually the same and 2 different hair colors have a nearly identical color do artificially inflate how many options really exist.

I mean... really? These are supposed to be 4 different options? The differences are so minuscule as to be laughable.
    Nigjtborne dont even havr the same eyes or hairstyles as their npc counterparts.. I mean we dont even look like nightborne. They have for example 3 skin color options.

They need work, like many other races.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not and will never.. that is the whole point in adding high elf options to void en blood elves. You can rp as one or are freely to do so, but it will never say in your tag or anything like that.

That is the whole purpose, same with trolls later.. like sand/jungle. There is no name tag, but you can rp as one.
    This is the reason why they added it to both races.. this also is a clear way of saying you will not get high elves, bit you can try to rp as one.

Sure as hell Intended if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post

Why would silvermoon lose its population to alliance defection? The story could simply refer to them mastering their void energy and looking less voidy.
    First because not all blood elves feel Horde at heart.

Second because the void elves need other elves to join their ranks to survive. The High elves sure will join them. But also the Blood elves, way more numerous.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    First because not all blood elves feel Horde at heart.

Second because the void elves need other elves to join their ranks to survive. The High elves sure will join them. But also the Blood elves, way more numerous.
    Third, because we see that happening in Telogrus, where there's 5 blood elves against 2 (sometimes 3) high elves learning with the void elves.
    Whatever...

I do agree Nightborne need a world of help. Blizz really dropped the ball on them. I'm hoping that the Nightborne see some love with Shadowlands launch just as Void Elves seem to be getting. Particularly I hope they get some, if not all, Night Elf skin options, and especially new face options that allow them to look more like their NPCs. I'd also like to see some Blood Elf hair styles shared with them as well since they have too few IMO.

3+ Year Old Account
    With the threat of the Legion gone, shouldn't Malfurion and Tyrande allow the Highborne and the High Elves to bask in their moonwells and the Well of Eternity at this point?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    With the threat of the Legion gone, shouldn't Malfurion and Tyrande allow the Highborne and the High Elves to bask in their moonwells and the Well of Eternity at this point?
    The lore between characters moves at a snails pace. For instance we just got some involvement with Lor'themar and not much changed with him other than "I have a girlfriend now" but his character being 'torn between the horde/duty/silvermoon and himself' wasn't any new development at all and more cuz Blizzard hasn't used him for anything much at all since his introduction, and that one time he almost joined up with the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    But yea, the 4 skin tones that look virtually the same and 2 different hair colors have a nearly identical color do artificially inflate how many options really exist.

I mean... really? These are supposed to be 4 different options? The differences are so minuscule as to be laughable.
    Yeah this is really dumb, "4 choices!" but they're all practically the same.

Then do not go around making claims you cannot, or are not willing to back up.

Frenchvince: “The hair colors blond, white, chestnut, silver before anyway lol

Varadoc: “Yeah, give them green eyes. I already got my popcorns ready.

... Did you really not realize those were comments made with the intention to "rile up" the other side? Really?

I'm calling them the way the game calls them. Huojin pandaren are called pandaren. Tushui pandaren are called pandaren. Blood elves are called blood elves. And high elves are called high elves.