Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Racials, Hub zone, Classes, Eye Colors, Hairstyles, Earrings/Necklaces/Bracelets all set Blood Elves as unique.

But if someone only considered skin tones as the sole differentiation then I can understand that person feeling/being upset.

I can understand it, but I don't have any sympathy for it.

Adding options doesn't equal taking away existing options. If someone can only feel unique at the expense of others getting options, tough luck.

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty much all they'd have to do after what we're getting and I'm highly sure it will satisfy close to 99% of complaints about Void Elves and people wanting Alliance High Elves.
    Earins/neck pieces/bracelets: If you're not nakes you're not going to see them
    Hair styles: 99% the same already
    Eye colours: Already the same
    Classes: oh noes a void elf can't be a uselessadin

shocking blood elves lost their uniqueness. alliance fans win again
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Earins/neck pieces/bracelets: If you're not nakes you're not going to see them
    I really don't understand the people who use this argument still when we've had the ability for a while now (few months at the least, I think longer) to hide every piece of equipment other than pants.

Also the necklaces layer on top of armor.

People who usually pick those customizations (earrings/necklaces/bracelets) will tmog themselves to show that customization so where is the issue again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    I'm loving it right now. Especially seeing the posts about 'muh uniqueness' when every race that's the same race are sharing styles (humans and kul'tirans sharing some facial hair options etc).

Nothing about what Void Elves are getting from Blood Elves are unique to them only, yet I do not see others complaining about the other races sharing features between each other.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    If it makes you that mad just think of it as void elves with human skin tones or dwarf skin tones

Already posted it in the 9.0 thread, but..

All Void Elves in a few months.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's official Void elves have their unique looks and every blood elf look.

While Blood elves have nothing unique on their side.
    You know.. except earrings, ear length, hairstyles (including the new ones), bracelets (or something), green eyes, golden eyes, partially and fully blind eyes, some beard styles and necklaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    No, it is official that void elves now have few of blood elven skin tones. They don't have hair colour, hair styles, majority of eye colour, new jewellery and basicly most of blood elf customization... so please, stop with this nonsense that blood elves have nothing unique.

I expect that void elves will probably get some new hair colours and probably few hair styles along the way, but that's the most I think they'll get.
    they don't have a unique skin color that's true.

I hope they give us tattoos!

Human skin tones were never unique to Blood Elves because High Elves already had them, and Blood Elves were basically just High Elves plucked up and given to the Horde as compulsory pretty race. Green eyes (and now golden eyes) were unique to Blood Elves.

Human skins being part of the Alliance is basically just giving the Alliance something they've always had in essence. In the meantime, Blood Elves now also get several blue eye colors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Human skin tones were never unique to Blood Elves because High Elves already had them, and Blood Elves were basically just High Elves plucked up and given to the Horde as compulsory pretty race. Green eyes (and now golden eyes) were unique to Blood Elves.

Human skins being part of the Alliance is basically just giving the Alliance something they've always had in essence. In the meantime, Blood Elves now also get several blue eye colors.

Exactly. People keep making fun of Alliance being "Human potential faction" well then here we are getting even more 'Human potential' and the Alliance players are happy while it appears the only ones getting upset are those same Horde players who made fun of all the Human potential stuff Alliance has.

It's as I always said before, Alliance is the faction where people that want typical fantasy fare akin to LOTR go. Hence they will most assuredly ask for things of that nature. It just makes sense and now we're having more of what makes sense.

Kinda exposes those who simply wanted to deny things from a dishonest reason rather than trying to uphold some form of faction distinction.

High Elves are Alliance, High Elves have human skin tones, ergo the high elf race in the Alliance also gets those skin tones.

Whatever...

Dark haired High Elf characters are the real winners so far!

This, with the mustache/beard, will be the most popular look.

So it's official Void elves have their unique looks and every blood elf look.

While Blood elves have nothing unique on their side.
    Or forgot about hairstyle, hair color, eye colors and, dunno, demon hunters.

Or you are just being simply disingenuous. Maybe that's it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Wowhead is speculating that Blizzard may be deciding warpaint/tattoos doesn't fit the Blood Elf aesthetic and hence why they're receiving all these different body jewelries instead.

Still a ways to go on the customization front tho it appears, so we'll have to see what it looks like a couple months down the line from today imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    anyone else wonder why there's only Dark Ranger but no "Dark Mage", "Dark Priest" or "Dark Swordsman"?
    Dark mage are Lich, dark swordsmen are death knights. Pretty sure dark priest would be necromancers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Or you are just being simply disingenuous. Maybe that's it.
    99% likely that's it. One can easily pick out the bitterness in certain posts. Even on that wowhead post @DeicideUH just linked.

Pretty sad to see people acting like that.

Wowhead is speculating that Blizzard may be deciding warpaint/tattoos doesn't fit the Blood Elf aesthetic and hence why they're receiving all these different body jewelries instead.

Still a ways to go on the customization front tho it appears, so we'll have to see what it looks like a couple months down the line from today imo.
    Which is fine. Though I do feel like they could give Blood Elves something like this:

Which is fine. Though I do feel like they could give Blood Elves something like this:
    rommath has tattoos

7+ Year Old Account

-BE with scar-
    Yeah something like that would make 1000% sense and I'm all for it, hope to see it.

On the flip side, I'd hope Void/High Elves get access to warpaint to mirror Alleria.

I find that the combo, blue eyes + dark skin + purple hair, well matched.

I still hope that Blizzard will add natural hair colors and an option "with or without tentacles" for hairstyles.
    It is in any case a request that often comes back on the official forum, twitter or here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post

I still hope that Blizzard will add natural hair colors and an option "with or without tentacles" for hairstyles.
    It is in any case a request that often comes back on the official forum, twitter or here.
    Got to say, that is a gorgeous look for a Void Elf/High Elf RP.

I won't be happy until we have High Elves as a proper race with its own racials, mount and heritage armor. Preferably even their own starting zone, because I think it's time to return to new races having their own starting zone. Last proper race we've gotten was Pandaren. Draenei and Blood Elves were the only ones that both got 2 starting zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post

snip

Honestly that looks horrible for a High Elf. The blue of the eyes is not the right kind of blue, the skin color and hair doesn't match. It's so obviously still a Void Elf.

Fuuuuuuukkkk that. Body jewelry is garbage.