Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Except the same can be said for the Pandaren. Let alone that this turns their race neutral, and stagnates the entire storyline for the blood elves.
    The high elf lore is literally the blood elf lore. There is no reasont o make a copy of an existing race from a game design perspective.
    Your penultimate sentence doesnt qualify the last one. And I'm not sure I understand your opening paragraph response to my reply - what part of my response were you referring to when "the same can be said for Pandaren?". What stagnates the entire storyline of the blood elves?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Your penultimate sentence doesnt qualify the last one. And I'm not sure I understand your opening paragraph response to my reply - what part of my response were you referring to when "the same can be said for Pandaren?". What stagnates the entire storyline of the blood elves?
    It does not need to because they are separate ideas.
    The argument you place forth can be made for Pandaren, who are a neutral race, which is what would occur if high elves became a thing. The race would effectively become nuetral.
    This makes it much more difficult to create a story, because the characters shift from an NPC placement to a PC placement. Previously the high elves were merely tools to create the story. Now, you need to factor people who play as high elves. So if you wanted to kill off the group, now its not possible. Extreme example, but becoming playable makes it more difficult to write a storyline.
    Which is why pandas don't have a story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    There is many differences between the two that are not aesthetic but spiritual. And can we please not start this path on conversations? Broflake if you want to see conversations about that go to the beginning of page 700. Have fun.
    I get that there are difference, but there is a fundamental issue at hand where they are simlpy the same race.
    It essentially turns the race neutral, and Blizzard won't ever do such a thing again.

I get that there are difference, but there is a fundamental issue at hand where they are simlpy the same race.
    It essentially turns the race neutral, and Blizzard won't ever do such a thing again.
    Agreed in that sense. That's why this subject is so complex to be discussed because if they were never like, separated and existing in the same universe separated, if they didn't reject to follow blood elves, they would be all blood elves. They exist, and that's a big problem. If that never happened and took a different path they would even be ok to be part of the blood elf customization.

Since the lore had them separated to different factions, it's actually hard to make them playable. They look the exact same, with different cultures now, because they were just one.

I know indeed it's an issue, but it's so wanted to see the other version of them in the game, and make it playable. To be realistic, we all love good looking things, no matter if it's your transmog, a mount, wtv, we love it, and some people REALLY want a blue eyed elf.

But the lore is like making them being stuck to the point it's like they will never make an appearance.

Making void elves exist instead. For same look on opposite factions pandas already exist. And i get all of that. It's a hard a scenario to be imagined that wouldn't break the lore, and wouldn't make fans satisfied.

That's what i've been trying to say, because it's so complex that even us, pro high elves, or anti high elves, can't coexist with one another. Because their own lore kind of contradicts themselves now.

There's no way we can imagine a High elf on the game, without discussing lore. And that's what upsets me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also imagine if the lore was different, they would never have rejected and never getting the eyes green somehow, and still be part of the blood elf name, and their family. Understanding the path they took was kind of impossible to stop. If they never stayed alliance. We could have had the high elves, blue and green eyes.

This is not how it happened and it will forever be a issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably because a Zandalari troll and a Darkspear troll are two different races with two different appearances.
    Where as blood elves and high elves are the same race, with the same appearance.
    I don't understand why you feel the need to display contempt for those who disagree with you, but the fact of the matter is that your request is something that at the fundamental level, is already available through the Horde.

There is no difference between the two, and the willful intent to suggest there is, is simply not an accurate portrayal.
    Zandalari and Darkspear are both Trolls. Just as High Elves and Blood Elves are Elves. Both groups are the same race. Just like Kul'Tirans are Humans and so are Stormwindians too, both Human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Zandalari and Darkspear are both Trolls. Just as High Elves and Blood Elves are Elves. Both groups are the same race. Just like Kul'Tirans are Humans and so are Stormwindians too, both Human race.
    But the thing is that Kultirans and humans are on the same faction.
    Darkspear and zandalari are on the same faction.
    Highmountain tauren and tauren are on the same faction.
    Gnomes and mechagnomes are on the same faction.
    Orcs and Mag'har orcs are on the same faction.
    Blood elves and High elves are not. So aren't void elves and blood elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    It does not need to because they are separate ideas.
    The argument you place forth can be made for Pandaren, who are a neutral race, which is what would occur if high elves became a thing. The race would effectively become nuetral.
    This makes it much more difficult to create a story, because the characters shift from an NPC placement to a PC placement. Previously the high elves were merely tools to create the story. Now, you need to factor people who play as high elves. So if you wanted to kill off the group, now its not possible. Extreme example, but becoming playable makes it more difficult to write a storyline.
    This portion is hilarious given that High Elven story and Blood Elven story has developed separately (High Elves split -> Joined Alliance -> part of Alliance forces through Silver Covenant and 7th Legion) (Blood Elves split -> Remain with Silvermoon -> TBC with renewing Sunwell -> now they're all "we use the Light!").

Different stories, one is NPC one is PC, but other than the frequent butting of heads between High Elves and Blood Elves (which btw happens with Humans v Orcs, Orcs v Night Elves, Undead v Life, etc) neither group looks to be near any form of "being killed off". And actually since WoW devs seem to keep continuing the butting of heads between rival groups, it appears that regardless of High Elves not being playable, they follow the same butting of heads between rivals that encompasses all PC races.

So it would probably just continue on that note, since that's literally how they're doing it now. Whereas Pandaren from the get-go didn't have any long-standing rivalry of any kind and their story has gone nowhere precisely because of that, something High Elves fortunately (or unfortunately depending on where one stands) completely avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

But the thing is that Kultirans and humans are on the same faction.
    Darkspear and zandalari are on the same faction.
    Highmountain tauren and tauren are on the same faction.
    Gnomes and mechagnomes are on the same faction.
    Orcs and Mag'har orcs are on the same faction.
    Blood elves and High elves are not. So aren't void elves and blood elves.
    Neither are Nightborne and Night Elves, but there have always been High Elves on the Alliance. The recent almanac even puts so as of Wrath of the Lich King and High Elves being part of old and then (Wrath current and going forward) now Alliance faction.

That's the unique thing about this whole discussion. High Elves were breaking the 'rule' before Allied Races and sub races were even a thing.

Neither are Nightborne and Night Elves, but there have always been High Elves on the Alliance. The recent almanac even puts so as of Wrath of the Lich King and High Elves being part of old and then (Wrath current and going forward) now Alliance faction.

That's the unique thing about this whole discussion. High Elves were breaking the 'rule' before Allied Races and sub races were even a thing.

Nightborne and night elves ain't even the same race to begin with and they don't look alike. High Elves and Blood elves do and are the same. They are a whole different problem than all other races can have.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Pennem and exactly, they already broke the 'rules' even before this whole thing of allied races existed.

- - - Updated - - -

I also dare to say, that's why so many options and opinions circulate between everyone. Because everyone wants to make sure it happens on a way that makes sense. And there's others that just think it's too much of a stretch and thinking to do, and therefore it's not even worth it, just because of "eye" change to be playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    it's not even worth it
    This tends to mean so little when probably 95% (most likely 99%) of the playerbase hasn't been 100% happy with each and every addition the WoW developers have added to the game.

Also that what one player considers "worth" could be considered "unworthy" by another.

And I can get about the making sense bit, but as I said earlier - the increased customizations we're going to get in Shadowlands already won't make sense. Sand Trolls are enemies to the Horde, so are Blood Trolls, they are becoming Darkspear customization just like that. We're going to get "Wildhammer Dwarves" who have the racials of a underground/mountain dwarf when these are Dwarves that specifically are distinct for staying above ground. The Jailer was "there" in Edge of Night apparently.

We're far past the point of anything happening "in a way that makes sense" imo. People should just ask for what they want because it's been clear for a while that WoW devs will add/implement whatever they want to whenever they deem it to be. And that's not anything any of us discussing Allied Races/extra Races (any, not just High Elves, but all the other people who still want other races in the game too) can control/sway because it's a niche convo (High Elf discussion) on an already niche topic (Races) compared to the rest of the game (such as Classes and Gameplay and Features).
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2020-01-08 at 04:09 AM.

SNIP
    And I can get about the making sense bit, but as I said earlier - the increased customizations we're going to get in Shadowlands already won't make sense. Sand Trolls are enemies to the Horde, so are Blood Trolls, they are becoming Darkspear customization just like that. We're going to get "Wildhammer Dwarves" who have the racials of a underground/mountain dwarf when these are Dwarves that specifically are distinct for staying above ground. The Jailer was "there" in Edge of Night apparently.

We're far past the point of anything happening "in a way that makes sense" imo. People should just ask for what they want because it's been clear for a while that WoW devs will add/implement whatever they want to whenever they deem it to be. And that's not anything any of us discussing Allied Races/extra Races (any, not just High Elves, but all the other people who still want other races in the game too) because it's a niche convo (High Elf discussion) on an already niche topic (Races) compared to the rest of the game (such as Classes and Gameplay and Features).
    The part i have snipped is the part i don't like to talk about.

The rest tho, i like how you explained and i have only to say that it's quite true and that's why putting some sense in everything as main reason, nowadays, for even "devoid" the void elves makes no difference. As i wouldn't mind having also blue eyed high elves on blood elf customization.

I might be the 00000,1% of the people that actually don't bother with any of the things they might do. I play horde and i still wouldn't get upset if they gave it to alliance or if my own race is being copy pasted on alliance and i see myself in the mirror with a variation of eyes. I would just kill it and spit on it's body because you know, blood elves are that naughty.

I wouldn't mind with literally ANYTHING, as it's just a game, and with the much non-sense things they add to their recent lore and retcons i don't bother anymore. As long as i can play whatever i want.

I want more customizations for blood elves, and i'm not a single bit worried what they would be, i just want them to do it.
    So, i'm a pro high elf or anti high elf? None. I just like them, and i don't give a f about how to make it happen.

In fact, i'm just discussing because i like elves and it's an intriguing subject. But i for sure, despise with all my strength when we humans fight over a videogame and opinions and tries win arguments and be the less humble as they can because the reason is with them.

This topic is the most complexed one i have seen in the entire wow history for playable races. It can be interesting but exhausting. What is just a bummer is that, there's people that just want less to none elves anymore because of this same topics being so extended and they want variations of races. Which i will always want to. I love elves deep love actually, but i want to give space for more races that are not elven.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-08 at 04:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The part i have snipped is the part i don't like to talk about.

The rest tho, i like how you explained and i have only to say that it's quite true and that's why putting some sense in everything as main reason, nowadays, for even "devoid" the void elves makes no difference. As i wouldn't mind having also blue eyed high elves on blood elf customization.

I might be the 00000,1% of the people that actually don't bother with any of the things they might do. I play horde and i still wouldn't get upset if they gave it to alliance or if my own race is being copy pasted on alliance and i see myself in the mirror with a variation of eyes. I would just kill it and spit on it's body because you know, blood elves are that naughty.
    It's funny because I believe there are a lot of players like this: most don't care what happens as long as more keeps getting added. Pro-high elf people and Anti-high elf people who constantly argue over and over are the niche ones, because forums themselves are niche in the first place. Most people just play the game and either get bored or keep playing the game and both types of people do this irrespective of the upcoming features.
    I wouldn't mind with literally ANYTHING, as it's just a game, and with the much non-sense things they add to their recent lore and retcons i don't bother anymore. As long as i can play whatever i want.
    Exactly, I think the bold is the jist of it. People just want to play whatever they want. Which is why in the past it's been asked of Blood Elf players what harm is it in adding High Elves to Alliance, literally what harm occurs because one side already is able to play a race that they enjoy, y'know?

I wouldn't care if for instance WoW devs decided to add Red Eredar to Horde, or Dark Irons as long as Alliance already had the options. I didn't care that Nightborne were given to Horde, I only cared that Horde were able to get a new type of elf that had a different color palette whereas Alliance for a reason that still can't be applied to Nightborne themselves were given a color palette elf that is close to a couple existing races (it's like WoW devs see Alliance main color is blue so put blue races on there, but do not do the same on Horde side with main color being red).
    But it simply boils down to, if I am able to play what I want to play, then I don't care what else gets added. And I believe a lot of people share that opinion. Which is why I've tended to say that the asking for High Elves will continue to get more stark because it has enough fans that once more and more races start getting added (those fans will be satisfied and quiet) you will be left with those who haven't had the option to play what they want yet. And even in this expansion where we got a whole bunch of races, the High Elf request exploded - imagine once several non-elves get added (as we have had recently where apart from Void Elves and Nightborne there's been what 6 races now, soon to be 8, of non-elves).
    I want more customizations for blood elves, and i'm not a single bit worried what they would be, i just want them to do it.
    So, i'm a pro high elf or anti high elf? None. I just like them, and i don't give a f about how to make it happen.
    Yeah I feel same way, don't care what it is that is given, just want more. Especially since it's kind of like when Allied Races released and none could be Death Knights (before it was announced), how do people think DK players felt, being unable to be those new races? Why would they care about these new races when they couldn't play their favorite class with them?

That's how I feel about the races I don't play and they get extra stuff. I'm never going to play a dwarf/gnome/draenei so to me it doesn't matter what customizations they get. Same for Blood Elves, I don't care if they blue eye customization or whatever customization they get because they're not ever gonna be a race that I play due to being Horde side when I identify as an Alliance player.
    In fact, i'm just discussing because i like elves and it's an intriguing subject. But i for sure, despise with all my strength when we humans fight over a videogame and opinions and tries win arguments and be the less humble as they can because the reason is with them.

This topic is the most complexed one i have seen in the entire wow history for playable races. It can be interesting but exhausting. What is just a bummer is that, there's people that just want less to none elves anymore because of this same topics being so extended and they want variations of races. Which i will always want to. I love elves deep love actually, but i want to give space for more races that are not elven.
    Agree, and I think it's because people get this weird sense of ownership over the team rivalry stuff. Alliance and Horde are literally sports teams, and people can get really emotional whenever it comes to anything sports related.

Fact is, we just play a fictional video game, and none of us probably will even run into each other while we play so arguing profusely really does nothing unless someone has a lot of time to spare. Which is why my posting rate has slowed on this topic greatly, just don't have the time as much to spend arguing with people over a video game.

The WoW devs will do what they want to do, and I'll play the game as long as I enjoy its systems (looking forward to 8.3 raid and visions), but other than that I'll let sub lapse here and there when I feel it's stale. High Elves would be great if they happen but they're not the sole indicator of whether I stay or leave the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would love it (and then i would not be so annoyed that everyone bashes my dh for having tattoos and being edgy )

But i would like more customizations around runes and scars, runes for some classes makes a lot of sense, specially dks, mages, etc
    Like just being an aesthetic visual but that rune would in roleplay be something they would consider like "this is my protection against X" "This gives me strength for X".

And same with necklaces that have the tradition to protect you when having symbols about your race, class, etc.

Scars i would like to have some, we have been involved in fights for so long. I think we deserve some marks about and when we were in battle, why just using a title, when we could "show scars" right?
    Scars and scarification would be great for Warriors, and runes would make a lot of sense for Death Knights as well (connecting them to their powers just like their Runeblades do). Mages could get Arcane tattoos, and perhaps even ones that defy conventions and float, glow, or coruscate with power. Warlocks might cover themselves in Demonic script, for example. Tons of different affectations could be used.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Agreed. I personally don't understand the purpose of trying to "de-void" the void elves. Doing so only makes them closer to being a blood elf, which would only hurt the faction boundaries that Blizz have stated they wish to uphold. They've stated on many an occasion that the Horde vs Alliance is a key aspect of the game and they don't wish to peel away the boundaries that separate these two factions (of which includes each faction housing unique races distinct to the opposing faction).
    De-voiding Void Elves as an option is something given plausibility by the answer received from Afrasiabi at Blizzcon 2018. It is useful to draw a parallel between the answer given then, off the cuff in an interview, with the similar question Ion Hazzikostas was asked in 2013 where he mused about sub-races and one of those sub-races he mentioned was a high elf. Just as the idea of a high elf allied race did not survive their vetting process (and they helpfully provided us with the criteria as to why), so my expectation is that when they go over void elf customization, a 'de-voided' Void Elf will be quickly ruled out for similar reasons. As you say, it's redundant to waste the opportunity of expanding Void Elf customization to encompass options already available via Blood Elves.

Instead, I hope they take the opposite approach and lean into the void mutant, ethereal origins of the Void Elves. Darker skin tones. Neon coloured tattoos. More tentacles. It will doubtless be more fun for the art team to try and make Void Elves increasingly differentiated from Blood Elves, rather than trying to undermine the differences that were the rationale for their creation in the first place.

That is incorrect dude.
    The Zandalari and Darkspear trolls are a TYPE of troll.
    Just as night elves and blood elves are a TYPE of elf.
    They are still two DIFFERENT types of troll, however, and this is not the same as comparing Kul Tirans and SW humans who are the same type of human per the devs.

This portion is hilarious given that High Elven story and Blood Elven story has developed separately (High Elves split -> Joined Alliance -> part of Alliance forces through Silver Covenant and 7th Legion) (Blood Elves split -> Remain with Silvermoon -> TBC with renewing Sunwell -> now they're all "we use the Light!").
    No, no they have not dude.
    The high elves as a group have not joined the alliance, though small groups such as the Silver Covenant have chosen to join or assist the alliance. Let alone w that when those high elven groups are present, they serve as a foil to the blood elf story. They are not developing separately, and have always been a part of the blood elf story. Their story has always been developed in reference to what is occurring with both populations.
    There is no high elf story.
    Different stories, one is NPC one is PC, but other than the frequent butting of heads between High Elves and Blood Elves (which btw happens with Humans v Orcs, Orcs v Night Elves, Undead v Life, etc) neither group looks to be near any form of "being killed off". And actually since WoW devs seem to keep continuing the butting of heads between rival groups, it appears that regardless of High Elves not being playable, they follow the same butting of heads between rivals that encompasses all PC races.
    You seem to not have understood my point so I shall explain it again.
    Playable races do not have access to storylinesthat a non-playable race ever would.
    This is part of the problem with developing the story for the Horde and Alliance. Both factions are playable, and as such, everything done needs to be done with conideration that the player is directly affected.
    So you cannot do such things as killing off a group, or punishing a group in a meaningful way, because the player is a part of the group and would be alienated.
    Let alone that the high elf and blood elves don't often butt heads as you wish to make it seem. They had the MoP event as the major one and ever since then nothing. That storyline is not being played out anymore, and this is indicative in all stories written afterwards.

So it would probably just continue on that note, since that's literally how they're doing it now. Whereas Pandaren from the get-go didn't have any long-standing rivalry of any kind and their story has gone nowhere precisely because of that, something High Elves fortunately (or unfortunately depending on where one stands) completely avoid.
    Except they aren't doing it now because there literally is no rivalty. The story ended in MoP and has not been continued for 5+ years. Its a dead storyline.So how are they continuing something that isn't being actively pursued?
    Let alone that it has nothing to do with "long standing rivalry.".
    It has to do with the fact that Pandarens are neutral and you have two playble sides to try and create a story.
    Which they can't develop because nothing lasting will occur and everything would be forced and fabricated which is precisely why another Pandaren event will not occur.
    Hence, why the high elf request is ultimately one that will not come to fruition.
    You have developmental obstacles as well as obstacles blizzard itself has stated will not ever be overcome or replicated.

THey've never broken any rules.
    We have always had subsections of groups working for the opposite team at one point or another. That does not mean they will be playable for the other team. It means they are a driving force of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    De-voiding Void Elves as an option is something given plausibility by the answer received from Afrasiabi at Blizzcon 2018. It is useful to draw a parallel between the answer given then, off the cuff in an interview, with the similar question Ion Hazzikostas was asked in 2013 where he mused about sub-races and one of those sub-races he mentioned was a high elf. Just as the idea of a high elf allied race did not survive their vetting process (and they helpfully provided us with the criteria as to why), so my expectation is that when they go over void elf customization, a 'de-voided' Void Elf will be quickly ruled out for similar reasons. As you say, it's redundant to waste the opportunity of expanding Void Elf customization to encompass options already available via Blood Elves.

Instead, I hope they take the opposite approach and lean into the void mutant, ethereal origins of the Void Elves. Darker skin tones. Neon coloured tattoos. More tentacles. It will doubtless be more fun for the art team to try and make Void Elves increasingly differentiated from Blood Elves, rather than trying to undermine the differences that were the rationale for their creation in the first place.
    Remember that the customization options can give access to variants of parent races (Dark troll, sand troll, wildhammer dwarf...).

So the void and blood elves could also have the option of a parent race.

Logical scenario:

If blizzard has to extend the personalization of the blood elves, there will only be the San'layn and / or the undead elves (dark ranger) as an option because they are already part of the horde.

If blizzard has to extend the personalization of the void elves, there will only be the Silver Covenant / Alleria high elves as an option because they are already part of the alliance.

I was thinking about this, but I am unsure if it will occur for the void elves. if I remember right, it was stated only the core races are receiving the additional customization options.
    Blizzard also was explicit about void elves looking the way they do, so I am unsure if they will renege on this notion. It is not outside of possibility.

I was thinking about this, but I am unsure if it will occur for the void elves. if I remember right, it was stated only the core races are receiving the additional customization options.
    Blizzard also was explicit about void elves looking the way they do, so I am unsure if they will renege on this notion. It is not outside of possibility.
    yes, they said it for the launch of shadowlands.

An extension lasts about 2 years and There are several patches, they will not reveal the content of patch 9.2 or 9.3 in advance ...

When we see the poverty of options and improvements
    that certain Allied races should receive, it is certainly planned.

7+ Year Old Account
    They're definitely going to increase the customization of the Allied Races at some point. Whether that happens during Shadowlands or another expansion is up in the air.

But every race/class they add into the game becomes someone's (and realistically more than 1) favorite race/class. And those customers aren't going to be satisfied with a lesser amount of options for the entirety of the game - that's a simple fact.

Especially even more so when it comes to Races (Allied or Core or otherwise), because they are the vehicles through which players identify their adventures.

It's more a question of when rather than if for Allied Races getting increased customizations within this context.

They're definitely going to increase the customization of the Allied Races at some point. Whether that happens during Shadowlands or another expansion is up in the air.

But every race/class they add into the game becomes someone's (and realistically more than 1) favorite race/class. And those customers aren't going to be satisfied with a lesser amount of options for the entirety of the game - that's a simple fact.

Especially even more so when it comes to Races (Allied or Core or otherwise), because they are the vehicles through which players identify their adventures.

It's more a question of when rather than if for Allied Races getting increased customizations within this context.

I am for the arrival of the high elves as a playable race in the alliance obviously because there are more interesting things behind (mount, armor, racial ect ...) but with the arrival of shadowlands, I think that customization options are more topical.
    They will replace the allied races that were part of BFA.

There is still a lot of time before the end of BFA and apparently, in the interface of the allied races, there would still be room to add two, a horde and an alliance.
    We will see if there are surprises or not, we just have to wait ...

It would certainly be a progress given customizations by genealogy tree. Without thinking too much of lore. But in that case having some allied races was a bad move now, because for that matter then, orcs would be able to be customized into mag'har, taurens to highmountain, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Scars and scarification would be great for Warriors, and runes would make a lot of sense for Death Knights as well (connecting them to their powers just like their Runeblades do). Mages could get Arcane tattoos, and perhaps even ones that defy conventions and float, glow, or coruscate with power. Warlocks might cover themselves in Demonic script, for example. Tons of different affectations could be used.
    Would be certainly good features for aesthetic of the characters. I dig that.
    Irl, i really love runes. I'm even convinced i was some kind of pagan practitioner sometime in other life. lol
    And necklaces in an aesthetic way of a amulet protection, even if it would be just for RP, but you could you know, pretend the necklace you have on gear, was the necklace you use has "powers", all about creativity of the mind, i guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would certainly be a progress given customizations by genealogy tree. Without thinking too much of lore. But in that case having some allied races was a bad move now, because for that matter then, orcs would be able to be customized into mag'har, taurens to highmountain, etc.
    Yeah but it's sort of not different than how they added Void Storage which is completely useless now that we have the Collections tab. Or how Garrisons are in the game and once Player Housing does come (since they've said they're still working on how to implement it right and it's a big topic within the team).

It's kind of the consequence of constantly updating the game and also iterating on ideas. There will be some artifacts left behind that will have no more use (kind of like my Warlock's Spellstone and Firestone ).
    Would be certainly good features for aesthetic of the characters. I dig that.
    Irl, i really love runes. I'm even convinced i was some kind of pagan practitioner sometime in other life. lol
    And necklaces in an aesthetic way of a amulet protection, even if it would be just for RP, but you could you know, pretend the necklace you have on gear, was the necklace you use has "powers", all about creativity of the mind, i guess.
    I always felt that any game that lets you "equip" something should be able to be seen on your character. That's how I wish all RPG equipment was treated lol, but again it's Blizzard making do with a 15 yr old game and trying to modernize it as best they can. Love the necklace idea tho and I'd throw in Night Elves being able to have Antlers (as well as males being able to have face tattoos too) as additions I'd love to see occur too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I am for the arrival of the high elves as a playable race in the alliance obviously because there are more interesting things behind (mount, armor, racial ect ...) but with the arrival of shadowlands, I think that customization options are more topical.
    They will replace the allied races that were part of BFA.

There is still a lot of time before the end of BFA and apparently, in the interface of the allied races, there would still be room to add two, a horde and an alliance.
    We will see if there are surprises or not, we just have to wait ...
    I'm also team playable High Elf stand-alone race as well, but I wouldn't mind as part of a compromise if they added High Elf skins to Void Elves. Rather have something than nothing.

Heck if Void Elves could be Paladins I probably wouldn't be as adamant about the developers implementing High Elves. I'd rather they get rid of race/class restrictions entirely and make it more DnD-like in all honesty. That game has the free-est character customization ever.