Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    HAHA omg wow. And wtf does your kind do??? "lets add tattoos, High elves have more athletic builds, being away from the sunwell has changed them drastically, different Hair styles".

That shit isn't headcannon? Fuck you and the rest of the "High Elfers" in this thread. Literally nothing pleases you guys. Wouldn't be surprised if you bitched about actual AR High Elves because their Tattoos weren't cool enough.

Freaking toxic cancer trash.
    This doesnt help much in the defense of your ideas

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    This doesnt help much in the defense of your ideas
    There's not much else I can say to defend them that hasn't been said already in this thread.

HE's can't be an AR as they are the same PHYSICALLY as BE.

Neutrality already exists between thalasian elves so just give them the Panda treatment and everything else I mentioned in my post.

There's not much else I can say to defend them that hasn't been said already in this thread.

Neutrality already exists between thalasian elves so just give them the Panda treatment and everything else I mentioned in my post.
    I have also repeated my point of view in this thread 100 times and that doesn't give me the right to call anti high elf people and their ideas of "freaking toxic cancer trash".

This is a forum, and just like any forum is made to debate diiferent ideas and points of view. It is normal to find people that dont agree with your ideas.

Insulting others you dont know is not a very nice thing to do.

We all should collectively make an effort to respect each other and make civil conversations, so we can make this forum much better and less toxic.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-05-05 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I have also repeated my point of view in this thread 100 times and that doesn't give me the right to call anti high elf people and their ideas of "freaking toxic cancer trash".

This is a forum, and just like any forum is made to debate diiferent ideas and points of view. It is normal to find people that dont agree with your ideas.

Insulting others you dont know is not a very nice thing to do.

We all should collectively make an effort to respect each other and make civil conversations, so we can make this forum much better and less toxic.
    You're right my dude. My bad. The hypocrisy in his post just triggered me. Didn't even bother to discuss the ideas in my post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That's literally what you are doing, not me. He completely avoided really any 100% definitive language ... a fact you ignore or you twist into "Well he was just being nice." Do you think Ion is an idiot?
    I don't think Ion is the idiot on this occasion...

Will it make you feel better if I acknowledge the point that the final language was open ended? Even if in the context of the entire argument was a solid, definitive, no for well justified reasons? Even Ion's body language was a strong no. He tensed up and was very defensive.

I stand by my point that it was a definitive no on High Elves, and that you were being let down gently. I do however see room being left for them to have another (better thought out) crack at offering a reasonable alternative in the future. But you've been told flat out that it won't be High Elves as they currently exist.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I don't think Ion is the idiot on this occasion...

Will it make you feel better if I acknowledge the point that the final language was open ended? Even if in the context of the entire argument was a solid, definitive, no for well justified reasons? Even Ion's body language was a strong no. He tensed up and was very defensive.

I stand by my point that it was a definitive no on High Elves, and that you were being let down gently. I do however see room being left for them to have another (better thought out) crack at offering a reasonable alternative in the future. But you've been told flat out that it won't be High Elves as they currently exist.
    I don't think you can read body language. Ion's wasn't tensed and defensive ... he was tired.

Your "point" is still factually wrong.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can read body language. Ion's wasn't tensed and defensive ... he was tired.

Your "point" is still factually wrong.
    *shrug*

It's what I believe based on the information at hand. Feel free to cling to your false hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug*

It's what I believe based on the information at hand. Feel free to cling to your false hope.
    No, that is what you believe based on your interpretation of the information ... you shown lack of actual understanding of it.

Also, if you are true, it's Ion himself giving Helfers false hope.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    I have a question. If High Elves get the Human skeleton instead of the BE one would you guys play them? Asking out of curiositiy.
    Think several people myself included have actually suggested this to reflect the 20 years away from silvermoon and likely becoming more physical in their daily lives

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    That's a reasonable explanation. I fully support the addition of HEs to the game if they have enough different features to distinguish them from BEs.
    Which is what this thread was originally for to discuss ways to differentiate them and just have fun with it. While hoping MAYBE blizz would see it buut knowing unlikely

Just gonna TL;DR this thread right now:

High Elves are FOR THE ALLIANCE. The Silver Covenant and Farstriders have a legitimate claim to Quel'thelas and deserve recognition in the game and as members of the Alliance PERIOD.

There isn't anything else to discuss. If you want to play a cannibal, Sylvanas apologist, mana addled fiend elf, then the horde is there. Otherwise, the true steward high elves should be playable (and should always have been playable), with the Alliance.

Blizzard trying to whitewash the stain of the Bloodelves by supressing High Elf representation in game is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you are true, it's Ion himself giving Helfers false hope.
    I think he did. I don't believe he meant to.

But that's my interpretation. You're welcome to yours.

I need someone to explain to me the exact difference between High elf and Blood elf curing their addiction. Because AFAIK the Blood Elves just absorbed arcane from the local wildlife and the High Elves just cold turkeyed it. So all of these people saying the Belves turned to fel is wrong. And they don't say how Helves curbed it without turning into withered.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

High Elves are FOR THE ALLIANCE. The Silver Covenant and Farstriders have a legitimate claim to Quel'thelas and deserve recognition in the game and as members of the Alliance PERIOD.

There isn't anything else to discuss. If you want to play a cannibal, Sylvanas apologist, mana addled fiend elf, then the horde is there. Otherwise, the true steward high elves should be playable (and should always have been playable), with the Alliance.

Blizzard trying to whitewash the stain of the Bloodelves by supressing High Elf representation in game is wrong.
    What I've come to expect from the typical High Elf fan.

High Elves, the ones who still call themselves that, are for the Alliance. The Silver Covenant has no claim to Quel'Thalas, they lost that when they turned their backs on their people. The Farstriders do though, as they remained loyal to their people.

The Blood Elves are not cannibals, Sylvanas apologists or mana addled fiends. The true stewards of the High Elven people are playable and have been for years, the Blood Elves, the ones that have being carrying the High Elven people into the future and will continue to do so.

The ones that turned their backs on their people, the ones that still call themselves High Elves, have no future. They will eventually die out, their legacy being their Half-Elven descendants and their pride causing their extinction. And eventually, even their blood will be so diluted that it won't matter any longer.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

They do not have a claim, that's not how claims work.

They already are recognized, that doesn't mean playable.

incorrect once again, Blood elves are high elves. The only thing that separates them is faction, and that doesn't justify them being playable for you.

They don't represent high elves as much because there are almost no high elves left, blood elves are closer to pre Arthas high elves than the ones who still call themselves high elves.

you managed to make every single one of your sentences wrong, and you didn't even summarize the thread outside of the usual typical dissociation between what is fact and what you want to be fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he did. I don't believe he meant to.

But that's my interpretation. You're welcome to yours.
    Your interpretation is factually wrong while mine is not. Note: I am not saying Helf incoming, I am saying they just said not now rather than not ever.

You Anti-Helfers are just as bad as the Pro-Helfers in terms of listening to the Devs and worse when it comes to behavior.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account

High elves do not have any type of neutrality outside the island of Quel'danas, where they are neutral for convenience, is not anything near to the Pandaren situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy28 View Post
    What I've come to expect from the typical High Elf fan.

High Elves, the ones who still call themselves that, are for the Alliance. The Silver Covenant has no claim to Quel'Thalas, they lost that when they turned their backs on their people. The Farstriders do though, as they remained loyal to their people.

The Blood Elves are not cannibals, Sylvanas apologists or mana addled fiends. The true stewards of the High Elven people are playable and have been for years, the Blood Elves, the ones that have being carrying the High Elven people into the future and will continue to do so.

The ones that turned their backs on their people, the ones that still call themselves High Elves, have no future. They will eventually die out, their legacy being their Half-Elven descendants and their pride causing their extinction. And eventually, even their blood will be so diluted that it won't matter any longer.
    Hear, hear! Selama ashal'anore!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    High elves do not have any type of neutrality outside the island of Quel'danas, where they are neutral for convenience, is not anything near to the Pandaren situation.
    Actually, lots of high elves are neutral. Pretty much any high elf you see in Dalaran who isn't a member of the Silver Covenant is neutral in the faction conflict. Then, you have the likes of Gilveradin Sunchaser who does business with orcs in Orgrimmar and Captain Thalo'thas Brightsun, who seems to actually prefer the Horde to the Alliance.

A blood elf is typically a Thalassian patriot who returned to Quel'Thalas after the news of the Scourge attack came (like Kael'thas) or was simply in Quel'Thalas at the time of the invasion and decided to stay afterwards, the Silver Covenant and other Alliance-aligned high elves are Thalassians who, for whatever reason, feel more of a connection or loyalty to the Alliance over their homeland and all the other neutral ones just either didn't care enough about Quel'Thalas to go back and help after the Third War or perhaps had a reason for leaving and staying away (such as Captain Brightsun and his piracy).
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2018-05-05 at 11:05 PM.

Your interpretation is factually wrong while mine is not. Note: I am not saying Helf incoming, I am saying they just said not now rather than not ever.

You Anti-Helfers are just as bad as the Pro-Helfers in terms of listening to the Devs and worse when it comes to behavior.
    His interpretation isn't factually wrong, it's an opinion about the speaker's intentions, and a well-founded one too. You seem to be claiming that the only valid meaning we can draw from his response was a literal interpretation of his words, regardless of context. That's just not how human communication works.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh I get it, your continuing with your circular repetitive arguments because you're a "have to have the last word kind of guy".

Go ahead then, you know my stance. It's not changing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Your interpretation is factually wrong while mine is not.
    Right...

Anyways, even with an humanoid model doesn't that make the AR Half-Elves rather than HEs? Genetically and physically there are no distinctions between HEs and BEs, so maybe if there was something more magically altering, like the LF, HM, NB, and VE that could make them more distinct. I would imagine that even if they gave Half Elves, that still wouldn't really please people who want to play high elves. Some might see it as a cop out or rather not have anything if they aren't HEs at all--like VEs. Some might even complain that there would be too many 'humans' on the faction (You know the joke: humans, fat humans, short humans, shorter humans, etc). If HEs were on the table in the future, I think Blizz would want to stay as true to them as possible, bc they wouldn't want another VE out cry.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2018-05-05 at 11:37 PM.