Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    How weird, trying to put your views onto me. If you feel they'll never come that's good and well for you. I don't see the point in trying to get others who want something to stop requesting it.
    you are right, i just need to say may saint jude bless you, saint jude is the saint of lost causes btw.

Quote Originally Posted by yana View Post
    I mean the alpha is not complete by any means and how does jewelry coorelate to tatoos?
    and its ironic you say not to give false hopes since this thread is the Height of false hopes
    Body jewelry is to be considered as tattoos, they will also receive lots of new jewelry for "head customization" and I think they will have sophisticated hairstyles.
    Here is the artistic direction chosen by Blizzard to represent the blood elves, they will have more the style of Marie-Antoinette than that of Robin Hood.

Farstrider tattoo + blue eyes = I think these 2 options are reserved for the High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    A blood elf wearing both jewelry AND tribal tattoos in the same time would look weird I think. So that's pretty unlikely at this point.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    Ion just said that while Allied Races won't have extra customizations come release of Shadowlands, it is something they want to go back to after the traditional races have gotten theirs.

He also said character customization is never-ending and it's always an ongoing process where they want to give people the ability to express themselves in a variety of ways.

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY SHIT ION JUST CONFIRMED NO BLUE EYE BLOOD ELVES CUZ THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR HOW THAT RACE EVOLVED!! And that those blue eye options will only be for NPC options atm.

Ion's words, no plans for blue eyes on Blood elves. It apparently makes no sense on Blood Elves as they have evolved, hopefully the people taking Ion's words as gospel will finally have that sink in ^^

Ion just said that while Allied Races won't have extra customizations come release of Shadowlands, it is something they want to go back to after the traditional races have gotten theirs.

He also said character customization is never-ending and it's always an ongoing process where they want to give people the ability to express themselves in a variety of ways.

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY SHIT ION JUST CONFIRMED NO BLUE EYE BLOOD ELVES CUZ THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR HOW THAT RACE EVOLVED!! And that those blue eye options will only be for NPC options atm.
    Pretty sure datamine had already debunked blue-eyed blood elves.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I guess it’s time to wake up from the high elf dream
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, indeed. I honestly did not expect that, I am very surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    No blue-eyed blood elves in Shadowlands! Hell yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god. That hurts

Thanks Ion. No blue-eyed blood elves, ever.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Pretty sure datamine had already debunked blue-eyed blood elves.
    Not to some like the poster below your post here.

What's good is that Ion also included the lore reasoning for the confirmation behind that decision. "It doesn't make sense for how that race evolved".

It means they're confirming that Blue Eyes = High Elf and Non-blue = Blood Elf/other Thalassian Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Word of God has confirmed that it doesn't make sense for Blood Elves and so the point is conceded. There will be no blue eyed Blood Elves.

However.

The corollary to this is, as Moorgard implied and Ion has confirmed, lore matters. The debate over blue eyed Blood Elves was fuelled by differing interpretations of the lore. That debate has now been resolved. What also does not make sense is Void Elves who look like high elves. If they will not give a 'much demanded' option for Blood Elves, as blue eyes were, for reasons of lore, then what chance is there for the high elf like skin tones you've been arguing for?

Whilst Blood Elves are not getting blue eyes, what you really want is now much further out of reach.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Yeah, indeed. I honestly did not expect that, I am very surprised.
    Same lol, especially coming from Ion who made the eyes seem like a minor thing during that Q&A

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If they will not give a 'much demanded' option for Blood Elves, as blue eyes were, for reasons of lore, then what chance is there for the high elf like skin tones you've been arguing for?

Whilst Blood Elves are not getting blue eyes, what you really want is now much further out of reach.
    He also said that character customization is an ongoing process and will never end and that they want to get as many options out there for people.

Since High Elves on Alliance is a look people want, and with confirmation no Blue Eye Blood Elves as that doesn't make sense. It means that the Thalassian model available to Alliance, Void Elves, can one day potentially get High Elf customization.

You may still be a 'Void Elf' but there's no lore that says they cannot refine the process in the future so that people can look like Alleria.

Again, seeing as Ion confirms character customization will come to AR, and that essentially there's never a 'final pass' this means eventually (just as Ion said 'It's possible, but no plans in the near term) High Elves can become a playable option for Alliance.

Ion's statements today backs up what that High Elf fan asked him at Blizzcon: Just because they're not in right now doesn't mean High Elves won't ever be in WoW.

I honestly don't care how long it would take them, just like I never cared how long it took them to have demonhunters. I have the patience, and I can enjoy and play the game how I want in the meantime.

There is always an "however", isn't there. Things can never be simple
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Not to some like the poster below your post here.

What's good is that Ion also included the lore reasoning for the confirmation behind that decision. "It doesn't make sense for how that race evolved".

It means they're confirming that Blue Eyes = High Elf and Non-blue = Blood Elf/other Thalassian Elf.

Merci Ion <3

7+ Year Old Account
    BIG WIN here is High Elf fans don't need to put up with the 'BLUE EYES ARE FOR BLOOD ELVES IT MAKES SENSE' crowd anymore. Thank fucken goodness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

How can you even say that now?
    You kept on repeating the same thing since weeks : that blue-eyed blood elves were a high probability by denying the obvious.
    You fooled yourself. And you were wrong from the beginning.
    Blue-eyed blood elves were never an option since the only blue-eyed thalassian elves will always be the High elves. It's been that way since 15 years and things are not gonna change.

I don't say we'll eventually get the high elf costumization options. But at least the hope is permitted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Merci Ion <3

Fenchvince I'm not sure where you found that image, but I think keyboardturner said it's a fake after they investigated it because they couldn't find those in the files.

I'd urge everyone to do what Ion said: caution what you see in datamining because any texture can be applied to any model, that doesn't necessarily mean they will get those models.

BIG WIN here is High Elf fans don't need to put up with the 'BLUE EYES ARE FOR BLOOD ELVES IT MAKES SENSE' crowd anymore. Thank fucken goodness.
    A little cleaning indeed!

10+ Year Old Account
    He also said that character customization is an ongoing process and will never end and that they want to get as many options out there for people.

Since High Elves on Alliance is a look people want, and with confirmation no Blue Eye Blood Elves as that doesn't make sense. It means that the Thalassian model available to Alliance, Void Elves, can one day potentially get High Elf customization.

You may still be a 'Void Elf' but there's no lore that says they cannot refine the process in the future so that people can look like Alleria.

Again, seeing as Ion confirms character customization will come to AR, and that essentially there's never a 'final pass' this means eventually (just as Ion said 'It's possible, but no plans in the near term) High Elves can become a playable option for Alliance.

Ion's statements today backs up what that High Elf fan asked him at Blizzcon: Just because they're not in right now doesn't mean High Elves won't ever be in WoW.
    No, what he said was that for reasons of lore Blood Elves will not be getting blue eyes.

What you have argued is that Void Elves should get normal skin tones because they are a popular request.

Blue eyes for Blood Elves were denied because they contravened their lore. It was a VERY popular request. So your argument, which you made as recently as a few hours ago, that demand alone is a factor in their considerations, has been proven incorrect. Lore matters and lore trumped demand.

Normal skin tones for Void Elves contravenes the lore behind Void Elves. If they deny something as small as blue eyes for Blood Elves, demolishing the far bigger aesthetic difference between Void Elves and Blood Elves, which is a far bigger thing than eye colour, cannot be considered as a serious prospect.