Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    It's true, we can say that ultimately the dark ranger is no longer an exclusive for the blood elf model since the Forsaken also obtained the red eyes. It just became a personalization for the undead.
    yeah

I think dark rangers should have some decay visible. Perhaps they could update the old dark ranger models to have exposed bones, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Ah I see. I got the wrong impression from your post, my apologies. It's true that there are some players that don't wish for Void Elves to get any hair color one might call remotely "normal" as far as human hair colors are concerned, and I agree such calls for exclusivity are petty. I remain hopeful however, that Blizzard will provide Void Elves with some standard human hair colors, including blonde, after Shadowlands launch. I can only keep my fingers crossed that it happens by 9.1. I'd be unhappy to wait longer than that for them.
    I'd be happy if they just added basic Belf/Helf hair colors to the void elf hairstyles. That would keep the hairstyles unique between the two, but give Void elves another avenue for looking more like proper high elves.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd be happy if they just added basic Belf/Helf hair colors to the void elf hairstyles. That would keep the hairstyles unique between the two, but give Void elves another avenue for looking more like proper high elves.
    On one hand I don't think hairstyle exclusivity matters much when several races share a lot of hairstyles, but also don't see as a necessity to have BE hairstyles; I also think it is the sort of thing that actually can help solidify a new identity through aesthetics, such as how Alleria looks different from Blood Elves because of her retro-aesthetics -hairstyle, tattoos and decorative feathers)

And perfection would be how Void Elves adopt that aesthetic, in a way that also serves as a High Elf one through options -much like how you can get a Highborne aesthetic on Night Elves with certain choices- Regardless, I do think it would be good for Void Elves to take more of their aesthetics from Alleria, because beside Blood Elven background, that's like the only role model they have to emulate in universe -It's still kinda weird that VE aesthetics, the few we have of them, seems so based on ethereal stuff when there's more of an implication of connection rather than a direct link; like it would have made a lot more sense for Void Elves to base their aesthetics on Alleria on the first place since she saved them-

Overall, I am excited about the possibilities; more Alleria inspired aesthetics can give us that High Elf feel in a way that also makes sense for Void Elves, while VE's can outright also push more into Void territory.

Some mock ups of more HE looks without changing the hairstyle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    On one hand I don't think hairstyle exclusivity matters much when several races share a lot of hairstyles, but also don't see as a necessity to have BE hairstyles; I also think it is the sort of thing that actually can help solidify a new identity through aesthetics, such as how Alleria looks different from Blood Elves because of her retro-aesthetics -hairstyle, tattoos and decorative feathers)

And perfection would be how Void Elves adopt that aesthetic, in a way that also serves as a High Elf one through options -much like how you can get a Highborne aesthetic on Night Elves with certain choices- Regardless, I do think it would be good for Void Elves to take more of their aesthetics from Alleria, because beside Blood Elven background, that's like the only role model they have to emulate in universe -It's still kinda weird that VE aesthetics, the few we have of them, seems so based on ethereal stuff when there's more of an implication of connection rather than a direct link; like it would have made a lot more sense for Void Elves to base their aesthetics on Alleria on the first place since she saved them-

Overall, I am excited about the possibilities; more Alleria inspired aesthetics can give us that High Elf feel in a way that also makes sense for Void Elves, while VE's can outright also push more into Void territory.

Nice work on those.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Nice work on those.
    Thank you! It helps I have a library of correction layers for hair color at this point heh

I love the way those look!

It's really great work, I love it !

I hope Blizzard takes a look at your twitter account and gets inspired by your ideas, they should even recruit you !

I really like how tattoo complement the hairstyle. In this ranger look, I think some night elf and (dark iron) dwarf hairstyles could work really well too. With DK exclusive colors opened up for rest of classes, I really hope void elves would get that blue hair available as well at some point.

Funny how in-game void elves don't have black hair, when there's a void elf in the lore who has black hair:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/he...20180430193834

This is a void elf cartographer from Hearthstone, with clear black hair.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Funny how in-game void elves don't have black hair, when there's a void elf in the lore who has black hair:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/he...20180430193834

This is a void elf cartographer from Hearthstone, with clear black hair.
    There's also a void elf NPC in game who has black hair. But from my understanding the hair texture isn't actually meant for void elf hair so the tentacles don't glow and just look like solid black rubber tubes or something.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=133509/riftwarden-acolyte
    This is a generic NPC that has 4 versions. One of them is a female with black hair. I'm not sure which texture she's using though. Human maybe?

There's also a void elf NPC in game who has black hair. But from my understanding the hair texture isn't actually meant for void elf hair so the tentacles don't glow and just look like solid black rubber tubes or something.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=133509/riftwarden-acolyte
    This is a generic NPC that has 4 versions. One of them is a female with black hair. I'm not sure which texture she's using though. Human maybe?

I see, is that one of the NPCs from around the Stormwind Embassy?

Also why does Blizzard have to be so dumb. They literally have black hair for void elves NPCs in the game, why they don't extend that to players is beyond me...

The hair looks perfect even with the black tentacle anyway. The black hair flows through the tentacle in a way that feels natural.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

This npc sometimes wanders around stormwind with a High Elf Sorceress npc but it varies as to which of the four variants is with the sorceress so it's not always that particular version with her. I actually dont think it looks "perfect" or even good because of the tentacles. There is no hair detail at all on the tentacles and I think it's only passably acceptable because it's black. If it were a lighter color I think it would look really bad.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-09-27 at 02:15 PM.

I will break every single one of your jaws. No problem

Yeah, I made posts on the forum as early as pre-patch for BFA about the black hair for void elves (and that npc). Even submitted bugs. No luck.

Also, I'm surprised there wasn't more uproar over the so-called high elf options for void elves/blood elves. I went on the PTR and discovered I can make a very convincing high elf on Horde, but it's impossible on alliance due to hair colors + entropic embrace. Really is a slap in the face, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Yeah, I made posts on the forum as early as pre-patch for BFA about the black hair for void elves (and that npc). Even submitted bugs. No luck.

Also, I'm surprised there wasn't more uproar over the so-called high elf options for void elves/blood elves. I went on the PTR and discovered I can make a very convincing high elf on Horde, but it's impossible on alliance due to hair colors + entropic embrace. Really is a slap in the face, isn't it?
    I wouldn't say it's impossible. The greyish/silver, blue/green and wine red hair colors, work well enough for a High Elf look. Not all High Elves are blonde. That's not to say I don't want black, white, blonde, and brown, just that it's not impossible to work with what we have until the allied race customization pass happens.

I thought these worked well as High Elf looks:
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-09-27 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it's impossible. The greyish/silver, blue/green and wind red hair colors...
    Sorry, but what is "wind red"? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Sorry, but what is "wind red"? Thanks
    I edited that after... I meant to type "wine" red.

10+ Year Old Account
    I edited that after... I meant to type "wine" red.
    Ohhh, gotcha! The wine red is pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I really like how tattoo complement the hairstyle. In this ranger look, I think some night elf and (dark iron) dwarf hairstyles could work really well too. With DK exclusive colors opened up for rest of classes, I really hope void elves would get that blue hair available as well at some point.
    That's one thing I find really interesting about this hairstyle; it reads different as a HE or VE, markings or no markings; those are the best customization options, those that have an element of context.

I'm hopeful we will get some cool hair color options, specially white and black on VE's -and LFD also need dark hair colors-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    It's really great work, I love it !

I hope Blizzard takes a look at your twitter account and gets inspired by your ideas, they should even recruit you !
    Hahha thank you XD Honestly I'm just re-framing what they have already done; the artists there are amazing and I'm 100% that if they were allowed to simply go for that high elf customization by the developers, we would be seeing simply awesome stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say it's impossible. The greyish/silver, blue/green and wine red hair colors, work well enough for a High Elf look. Not all High Elves are blonde. That's not to say I don't want black, white, blonde, and brown, just that it's not impossible to work with what we have until the allied race customization pass happens.

I thought these worked well as High Elf looks:
    Also everything with a Hood tbh