Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Haha what? If you don't wanna be a velf then be a belf, like on horde. You can't be a velf and then not be a velf. Like you said, you have EB, completely obliterating any semblance of being a helf.

Sure you have EB but worgen don't turn into wolf men for sporadic intervals. That'd be ridiculous. Plus EB is just like a short super power form it shouldn't be the only division between belves and velves.

That should be their normal idle void form. Again, like worgen. Other wise it's silly to even make the race VOID to start with if they're only gonna be partially void.
    Velfs aren't worgen and don't operate under the same rules and circumstances. I like velfs as they currently are and will enjoy them more in 9.1.5. And yes you can be a velf, but not a velf, by virtue of the high elf customization. That's the point of those options.

Thankfully this is all a pointless conversation because your suggestion will never happen. If dwarves get frostborn customization options, it will be the same thing. They will be plain bronzebeards under the hood, but aesthetically they would appear to be frostborn dwarves (from wotlk).
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Velfs aren't worgen and don't operate under the same rules and circumstances. I like velfs as they currently are and will enjoy them more in 9.1.5. And yes you can be a velf, but not a velf, by virtue of the high elf customization. That's the point of those options.

Thankfully this is all a pointless conversation because your suggestion will never happen. If dwarves get frostborn customization options, it will be the same thing. They will be plain bronzebeards under the hood, but aesthetically they would appear to be frostborn dwarves (from wotlk).
    Since when can vanilla high elves turn into void beasts? I must have missed that in wrath. So no pure options or not a velf is a velf.

Those options are there to scratch a superficial itch at the expense of diluting the velf race.

Since when can vanilla high elves turn into void beasts? I must have missed that in wrath. So no pure options or not a velf is a velf.
    You can keep trying to justify your suggestion but it just comes across as copium to me. My advice? Get over it.

Void elves got high elf customization options. Blizzard gave alliance players the options to portray their velfs as high elves instead, if they desire to. The options also let players portray their characters as new void elf recruits who are mastering the void through methods similar to Alleria's, or allows players to mix void aesthetics with natural aesthetics to portray their character as something in between.

The point is, these customization options give players agency. The choice of how a player portrays their character is theirs. You want to remove that choice. Fortunately, that's just not a suggestion that blizzard is going to listen to. Whatever lies ahead for void elves as far as lore and aesthetic options are concerned, I think you need to come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be 100% void themed.

You can keep trying to justify your suggestion but it just comes across as copium to me. My advice? Get over it.

Void elves got high elf customization options. Blizzard gave alliance players the options to portray their velfs as high elves instead, if they desire to. The options also let players portray their characters as new void elf recruits who are mastering the void through methods similar to Alleria's, or allows players to mix void aesthetics with natural aesthetics to portray their character as something in between.

The point is, these customization options give players agency. The choice of how a player portrays their character is theirs. You want to remove that choice. Fortunately, that's just not a suggestion that blizzard is going to listen to. Whatever lies ahead for void elves as far as lore and aesthetic options are concerned, I think you need to come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be 100% void themed.
    My idea doesn't take it away. It lines it up better to what a void elf is. You already have EB so it wouldn't hurt to have the worgen treatment.

Player agency should not trump the race's integrity. Other wise we'd have insane things like green skinned maghar.

Yeah and my headcannon preserves the void in void elf. I've said it before introducing normals skins diluted the velf race. I mean look at how NB recently got glowy hands. All ARs are getting new options that highlight what makes them different while velves just got normal options.

So this is why their identity got diluted. So that's why I know that if it was changed to separate the two skin types to worgen status it'd make both parties happy while keeping in void in void.elf intact.
    But then again you utterly fail to consider how forcing VE players to enter a standardized void form during combat may not really be something VE players as a whole want; what's the point of customization and choice if you enter combat and end up the same shade of blue regardless?

This is why your idea is crap, because it takes choice away from others to fit your own subjectivity. It's so self serving to force other to have less choice because it suits your sensibilities. Why not give void elves more void options? why not allow VE to choose the EE skin tone as default?

The whole idea of "their identity got diluted" is so selfish; by all you say, other's players choice and immersion is less important that your own. How do you not get that? You define the identity and integrity of the race by your own personal parameters, and that's incredibly self centered.

My idea doesn't take it away. It lines it up better to what a void elf is. You already have EB so it wouldn't hurt to have the worgen treatment.

Player agency should not trump the race's integrity. Other wise we'd have insane things like green skinned maghar.
    If a player wants to play Alliance high elf, forcing him to voidform 100% of time kind of take that option away. Your Entropic Embrace argument does not make a sense, because it appears only briefly and it's innactive most of time and players can avoid it with macro.

The most logical move would be allowing EE activate at will, like Aleria does. In that way, players who wants Void has that tool, while players who does not can ignore the button.

Also, obviously you're not getting green skined maghar, but you got various clan features to play as blackrock, laughing skull, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But then again you utterly fail to consider how forcing VE players to enter a standardized void form during combat may not really be something VE players as a whole want; what's the point of customization and choice if you enter combat and end up the same shade of blue regardless?

This is why your idea is crap, because it takes choice away from others to fit your own subjectivity. It's so self serving to force other to have less choice because it suits your sensibilities. Why not give void elves more void options? why not allow VE to choose the EE skin tone as default?

The whole idea of "their identity got diluted" is so selfish; by all you say, other's players choice and immersion is less important that your own. How do you not get that? You define the identity and integrity of the race by your own personal parameters, and that's incredibly self centered.
    Dude the helfers selfishness is what screwed up the race in the first place. "F the fact that I'm playing a velf, no I want normal options instead of void ones because I want high elves and fook the rest of the alliance players who actually like the velf race."

Meanwhile all other ARs get options that highlight what makes them different.

So you're a total hypocrite calling me selfish. At least I want what was given to be made better, not given a shit copy paste and sold as new just because a loud minority is crying for it.

But wait now you want the same amount of effort to void options too on top of what they got. Like you think velf is the master race or something? Should they have a second heritage set too? You know to match their pure options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    If a player wants to play Alliance high elf, forcing him to voidform 100% of time kind of take that option away. Your Entropic Embrace argument does not make a sense, because it appears only briefly and it's innactive most of time and players can avoid it with macro.

The most logical move would be allowing EE activate at will, like Aleria does. In that way, players who wants Void has that tool, while players who does not can ignore the button.

Also, obviously you're not getting green skined maghar, but you got various clan features to play as blackrock, laughing skull, etc.
    Lol so the only way to be a true helf is to gimp your performance nice....

Also no shit we won't get green maghar since it goes against what being maghar is. I guess the velf devs missed that memo.

My idea doesn't take it away. It lines it up better to what a void elf is.
    That's subjective.

You already have EB so it wouldn't hurt to have the worgen treatment.
    We already have EB so we don't need "the worgen treatment". Velfs aren't worgen. And "the worgen treatment" would remove player agency.

Player agency should not trump the race's integrity.
    If you believe that then you obviously haven't been paying attention.

From Game Director Ion Hazikostas:

I think we are planning on just broadly incorporating the range of character customization options for NPCs as well as players just across the world. I think in some ways, frankly, it's a bit of a retcon. Like we're not going to change existing named established characters and make them look different. But walking around Stormwind or around other parts of the world, you will see guards and random civilians that have these looks as if they've been there all along.
    letting people express themselves as their avatars with the greatest diversity possible in the game world.
    From Technical director Frank Kowalski:

The goal is for players to customize their characters the way they want, rather than the outdated and limited character customization World of Warcraft’s offered so far.
    From the Blizzard website:

With hundreds of new additions with thousands of new combinations, Shadowlands’ new character customization options will help you better create the characters you envision in your mind.
    You fought the good fight, but it's over now. Time to admit defeat and move on. Take a page from Elsa's book and "let it go".
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 08:36 PM.

That's subjective.

We already have EB so we don't need "the worgen treatment". Velfs aren't worgen. And "the worgen treatment" would remove player agency.

If you believe that then you obviously haven't been paying attention.

From Game Director Ion Hazikostas:

From Technical director Frank Kowalski:

From the Blizzard website:

You fought the good fight, but it's over now. Time to admit defeat and move on. Take a page from Elsa's book and "let it go".
    You conveniently left out the post saying that all new options were also in line with the lore, not just combing through the posts of randoms to see what they want and saying fuck it give it to them.

So because of alleria it's supported lore wise. Doesn't meant it should have happened since she is a special case and it blurs the line between velf and b/helf just for the sake of some loud fans.

Plus it was crowd control for belves getting blue eyes. That I'm convinced of. Ffs I've seen helfers threaten their own fucking lives with suicide for the cause, so yeah.

Dude the helfers selfishness is what screwed up the race in the first place. "F the fact that I'm playing a velf, no I want normal options instead of void ones because I want high elves and fook the rest of the alliance players who actually like the velf race."

So you're a total hypocrite calling me selfish. At least I want what was given to be made better, not given a shit copy paste and sold as new just because a loud minority is crying for it.

But wait now you want the same amount of effort to void options too on top of what they got. Like you think velf is the master race or something? Should they have a second heritage set too? You know to match their pure options.
    I mean if you don't believe that VE are gonna get void specific options down the line, that's not my problem (come on, think about it, VE haven't gotten any new assets, only reused stuff, no new hairstyles, jewelry) They haven't gotten them yet for a reason.

To enforce a dichotomy between "you just want HE's" and "give VE more void options" is just silly, one doesn't exclude the other; the fact that all the "high elf" options are reused assets further points to the notion that the new stuff they will get will be Void based/void elf aesthetic.

Like this is how I know you're not a true VE fan lmao; like even if you'd have a little bit of bias in favor of them you'd understand that all the HE stuff they got is reused, so they really haven't got anything developed FOR them. Would be fair then they didn't get any? No.

So your whole spiel about restricting HE aesthetic is just that, there's not a moment where I think there's any sincerity in your argument here, I don't think you actually believe restricting the HE aesthetic actually helps the Void Elf identity, because I don't think a person that actually likes void elves wouldn't be pushing for MORE options, Void based ones.

You're not pro Void Elf, you're anti High Elf, and it's a world of difference.

You conveniently left out the post saying that all new options were also in line with the lore, not just combing through the posts of randoms to see what they want and saying fuck it give it to them.

So because of alleria it's supported lore wise. Doesn't meant it should have happened since she is a special case and it blurs the line between velf and b/helf just for the sake of some loud fans.

Plus it was crowd control for belves getting blue eyes. That I'm convinced of. Ffs I've seen helfers threaten their own fucking lives with suicide for the cause, so yeah.
    But ultimately it's what the devs decided to go with. Your suggestion would run counter to that decision. Time to let it go and move on. Unless of course you want to try campaigning for your suggestion for the next decade and a half in the hopes of changing their mind. I mean it worked for the helfers right?

I mean if you don't believe that VE are gonna get void specific options down the line, that's not my problem (come on, think about it, VE haven't gotten any new assets, only reused stuff, no new hairstyles, jewelry) They haven't gotten them yet for a reason.

To enforce a dichotomy between "you just want HE's" and "give VE more void options" is just silly, one doesn't exclude the other; the fact that all the "high elf" options are reused assets further points to the notion that the new stuff they will get will be Void based/void elf aesthetic.

Like this is how I know you're not a true VE fan lmao; like even if you'd have a little bit of bias in favor of them you'd understand that all the HE stuff they got is reused, so they really haven't got anything developed FOR them. Would be fair then they didn't get any? No.

So your whole spiel about restricting HE aesthetic is just that, there's not a moment where I think there's any sincerity in your argument here, I don't think you actually believe restricting the HE aesthetic actually helps the Void Elf identity, because I don't think a person that actually likes void elves wouldn't be pushing for MORE options, Void based ones.

You're not pro Void Elf, you're anti High Elf, and it's a world of difference.
    Again, so should velves get a second heritage set too? Cuz apparently they're the ultimate fucking race. They get all the reused options plus potential new voidy ones. Lol, and I'm selfish.

Think what you want but my intentions are for the betterment of velves. Yours isn't. Yours is just to scratch your helf itch regardless of what happens to velves.

- - - Updated - - -

But ultimately it's what the devs decided to go with. Your suggestion would run counter to that decision. Time to let it go and move on. Unless of course you want to try campaigning for your suggestion for the next decade and a half in the hopes of changing their mind. I mean it worked for the helfers right?
    Exactly so yeah. I'll make an Instagram if I have to, lol.

Actually if belves got sanlyan options or dark ranger then that'd even the scales.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-30 at 08:49 PM.

Again, so should velves get a second set too? Cuz apparently they're the ultimate fucking race. They get all the reused options plus potential new voidy ones. Lol, and I'm selfish.
    No, they shouldn't. But I also think all Heritage sets should have recolors.

And yes, you are selfish, because you'd rather handicap the VE rather than allow them to get reused assets and get some new ones. Maybe what's fair is that VE's don't get new hair nor skin tones, and we get other options? Whatever that might be, the fact you are forcing a dichotomy when it's literally a case of we could have both, really spells you don't care about what's best for VE, you simply want to hinder HE aesthetics, and that's just pathetic.

Think what you want but my intentions are for the betterment of velves. Yours isn't. Yours is just to scratch your helf itch regardless of what happens to velves.
    I want new void elf options, I don't think we need more "HE stuff", the fantasy is already replicable to a sufficient degree; you're the one that believes further limitation would somehow help them as a race. You don't want to better VE's, you just want to hinder HE's.

No, they shouldn't. But I also think all Heritage sets should have recolors.

And yes, you are selfish, because you'd rather handicap the VE rather than allow them to get reused assets and get some new ones. Maybe what's fair is that VE's don't get new hair nor skin tones, and we get other options? Whatever that might be, the fact you are forcing a dichotomy when it's literally a case of we could have both, really spells you don't care about what's best for VE, you simply want to hinder HE aesthetics, and that's just pathetic.

I want new void elf options, I don't think we need more "HE stuff", the fantasy is already replicable to a sufficient degree; you're the one that believes further limitation would somehow help them as a race. You don't want to better VE's, you just want to hinder HE's.
    No shit you don't think you need more helf crap since now you got it all, LMAO. But now you also want more voidy options too. ONE MORE TIME. Are velves the master freaking race of azeroth?

This is the crux of helfers and why they a laughing stock. More more more. Hell surprised we haven't even discussed velf paladins.

Let's give them demon hunters too right?
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-30 at 09:19 PM.

Actually if belves got sanlyan options or dark ranger then that'd even the scales.
    You won't get any arguments from me on this point. I want dark ranger/san'layn options for some of my blood elf characters, and it seems only fair that blood elves get a second theme in the same way void elves now have.

You won't get any arguments from me on this point. I want dark ranger/san'layn options for some of my blood elf characters, and it seems only fair that blood elves get a second theme in the same way void elves now have.
    Should be a quest reward like nelf black eyes. Maybe something the reliquary messes with in revedreth.

Should be a quest reward like nelf black eyes. Maybe something the reliquary messes with in revedreth.
    I'd love to see that added.

This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.

This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.

Perfect just like that.

No shit you don't think you need more helf crap since now you got it all, LMAO. But now you also want more voidy options too. ONE MORE TIME. Are velves the master freaking race of azeroth?
    I have already answered this stupid question before; VE's haven't gotten new assets made for them, only reused ones. Again, if you think it would be fair for VE's to only get quickly implemented, reused assets when every other AR is getting new stuff, how is that not being biased AGAINST Void Elves.

"No, they can't get new stuff because they already got BE hand me downs" is a ridiculous take.

This is the crux of helfers and why they a laughing stock. More more more. Hell surprised we haven't even discussed velf paladins.

Let's give them demon hunters too right?
    lmao I don't think VE's should get Paladins, go have a fight about that with someone who cares.

Like come on man, AGAIN, if you cared for VE's and their identity and lore, you WOULD be supporting more VE options instead of the BS argument that "hurr durr what do you think VE's are special that they get more options than other races" Why aren't you asking for MORE options for other races then? Your logic is so insane it hurts. ALL races should have more stuff, to think that the solution to any problem is restricting the choices we already have is just so freaking stupid.

Then go support that instead of trying to limit the stuff VE's get holy shit! How petty you need to be to want to limit a race's options while admitting that if you got more in another that would be okay? You're literally admitting your argument about "VE integrity and identity" is bs with this, you don't have a genuine argument here, it's literally pettiness!

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope we get this next expansion, the possibilities are so enticing.

The problem is that you judge what is special about void elves only on your own personal opinion, which does not necesserily align to perception of other people. As for me, my main is definitely a void elf, not high elf, but I use normal skin. I'll be even more happy with black hair option. Even though I'm identifying my character as a void elf, I'm not particularly interested in an option of permanent voidform during combat. If you want to stay voidy all the time, you have skin option for it.

Even though we just got reused assets so far aimed towards high elf fantasy, it created very cool void elf concepts too.
    - pure white hair and pale skin for deathly appearances
    - pure white hair and dark void skins for ultimate drow fantasy
    - blonde hair and dark void skins also look suprisingly good
    - red and orange hair and pale void skins open space for N'zoth/emerald nightmare fantasy, especialy with tentacle hairstyles
    - black hair and pale void skins for real emo/goth eppearance.

At least I want what was given to be made better, not given a shit copy paste and sold as new just because a loud minority is crying for it.
    Your suggestion does not bring any new interesting options for people who cares about real void elves, while it hurts people who care about high elf fantasy. It also brings nothing new to the race, since that concepts is just copied from worgen, something you criticize yourself.

Well, why not ask for more real void options? What's the problem? Void elves got only reused assets from their parent race, but they are not only AR who got their parent race assets. It's easy thing to do for Blizz which appease players with limited amount of work, so it's natural they go for it. It would be sad if void elves were left alone from brand new features while all other races got some.

Also, yea... why not getting second heritage. All races could have more heritages to properly reflect potential subraces, like high elves, wildhammer clan, various troll tribes, various human kingdoms, all the orc clans... so yes, the more options, the better.

Lol so the only way to be a true helf is to gimp your performance nice....
    And your way would mean that the only way to be a proper void elf is to disable all other possibilities the race offers? How does that make race better?

Also no shit we won't get green maghar since it goes against what being maghar is. I guess the velf devs missed that memo.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I said we will not be obviously getting green skined mag'har (because you know, it goes against the idea on which the race is build upon), but we got more options on mag'har reflecting various orc clans. Obviously, devs working on void elves decided that only corrupted appearance is vital for void elf fantasy, which is also proved by the fact that there are high elves in Telogrus, pointing out the source of another void elves.

I support that. I think San'layn could be integrated to sin'dorei storytelling somehow, given their focus on rebirth of their nation. With the fall of Lich King, there could be some san'layn who wanted to rejoin their former nation.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-10-01 at 07:33 AM.