Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    We have something in common, i hate it too. But you can't see the bias presumably cause you prefer horde and don't even see how that crap is all subjective. Making videos saying: "Oh Blizz just likes horde better thats why they get stuff" and "Oh the horde characters are more interesting cause i say so". Those are agendas and i'm not interested in them. Keep your biases to yourselves.
    That's idle speculation, you dumbass. The shit he was coming up with to explain something that ddin't make sense to him.

And the Horde characters are more interesting right now. Flynn, probably your main questing companion in Tiragarde Sound, is just kind of a silly scoundrel. Preach thinks he's basically a Disney character, and clearly sees Lady Ashvane as something akin to a Disney villain. He's not talking about Jaina or Anduin here. He's talking about the characters you meet in Kul Tiras. He feels characters like Zul, Rastakhan, Princess Talanji, the other Zanchuli Council members, and so on, are better.

So stop seeing Horde bias everywhere. It just seems like you're looking for a fight. You're the clickbait here.

This type of juvenile thing only comes from horde fans, and i'm not having it.
    Want to be taken seriously? Behave like an adult.
    This just in: Horde fans and Alliance fans are mostly the same fans because most of us play both factions. So all this us and them talk is silly.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    That's idle speculation, you dumbass. The shit he was coming up with to explain something that ddin't make sense to him.

And the Horde characters are more interesting right now. Flynn, probably your main questing companion in Tiragarde Sound, is just kind of a silly scoundrel. Preach thinks he's basically a Disney character, and clearly sees Lady Ashvane as something akin to a Disney villain. He's not talking about Jaina or Anduin here. He's talking about the characters you meet in Kul Tiras. He feels characters like Zul, Rastakhan, Princess Talanji, the other Zanchuli Council members, and so on, are better.

So stop seeing Horde bias everywhere. It just seems like you're looking for a fight. You're the clickbait here.
    I know... and that is clearly subjective. I can look at horde characters and say Zhul is the classic disney villain fooling the others. WTF man? It's all subjective.

I don't see bias everywhere, i see bias where there is bias. I didn't make a video with a thumbnail that is literally about the faction war and proceeded to make dumb theories and subjective comments. I didn't get in anyones face. They got on mine, and i'm exerting my right to say: No!
    If that upsets anyone, too bad. I'm not gonna take BS to please horde fans. Grow up and behave like adults and we can have a serious conversation.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-12 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    This just in: Horde fans and Alliance fans are mostly the same fans because most of us play both factions. So all this us and them talk is silly.
    Many can't grasp this concept.

Mythic raiding makes it impossible to main different characters because we bomb time into them, but both sides are still equally playable in terms of story, zones and content experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I can only wish that were true, so we wouldn't have inflamatory videos and threads all the time.

I know... and that is clearly subjective. I can look at horde characters and say Zhul is the classic disney villain fooling the others. WTF man? It's all subjective.

I don't see bias everywhere, i see bias where there is bias. I didn't make a video with a thumbnail that is literally about the faction war and proceeded to make dumb theories and subjective comments. I didn't get in anyones face. They got on mine, and i'm exerting my right to say: No!
    If that upsets anyone, too bad. I'm not gonna take BS to please horde fans. Grow up and behave like adults and we can have a serious conversation.
    He picked a thumbnail that is literally the cover art of the current expansion in a video made to contrast and compare the content of the two factions. And yes, he made dumb speculation that he even said he doesn't believe himself.

Your reaction to it is bizarre.

Honestly... look at the thumbnail. Orcs vs Humans. Why though? Whole narrative is why is horde stuff better? It's a shit show as talisen would say. It's a biased video for clicks. This bellular, Kalani, prove that horde fans are the truly the childish ones.
    There is no faction war in the video, though, lol. If you're an Alliance player, like me, you should listen and be worried about what Preach is saying. I for one am not content with no real storyline and collecting pelts.

Deleted
    Lets be honest, a lot of WoW youtubers have their own biases and problems. Asmongold is..well..an asshole...Preach is well known to be horde biased and can be somewhat of an opinionated asshole at times (not to say his video didn't have points about the questing...), Bellular is well known to be Alliance biased and is somewhat of a shill at times for the Devs unless it is truly, undeniably terrible (aka the WoD era), Talesin and Evital, well their whole "The new leveling is great guys, honest!" clearly they never got into the hell that is 60-80 or suffered the massively overtuned 90-100 content (which STILL hasn't been fixed!).

Apart from Asmongold though, most of them are fine, you just have to take what they say with caution and a large pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    There is no faction war in the video, though, lol. If you're an Alliance player, like me, you should listen and be worried about what Preach is saying. I for one am not content with no real storyline and collecting pelts.
    I'd still suggest you find some Drustvar playthroughs. I linked the two complete ones I've watched so far. You can probably find some Nazmir and Zuldazar ones pretty easily too, so you can see the difference yourself. I think Wowhead also has playthroughs without anyone talking, if that's what you're into.

I watch these on fastforward, so as to not waste so much time. I started watching them purely because I was interested in the story, and I could pause it any time I wanted to read something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    Apart from Asmongold though, most of them are fine, you just have to take what they say with caution and a large pinch of salt.
    The thing is, I'm seeing the same thing from a lot of people. Nobbel doesn't seem like a huge ass. Necroxis seems very eager to complain, something an Alpha player needs to be willing to do, but his reaction to the Horde zones is much more positive. Preach even opens up his video saying that he's played through each zone multiple times and talked with other players and content creators to try and pin down what the issue is. He's actually being thorough with testing and making sure it's not just him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    He picked a thumbnail that is literally the cover art of the current expansion in a video made to contrast and compare the content of the two factions. And yes, he made dumb speculation that he even said he doesn't believe himself.

Your reaction to it is bizarre.
    No, that is not all he did, but i'm tired of repeating myself so that's that.

OP has edited out the most inflamating points aswell, so now we play the "he is a saint" game.

5+ Year Old Account
    People saying 'It's alpha!' are either ignorant or trolls. It's because 'it's alpha!' that these zones must go through an overhaul and nip these blandness in the bud as quickly as possible. This is done with DUN DUN DUNNNN player feedback! while it's early.

I have been quite vocal about this in the past and I'll reiterate this again: ever since Cataclysm Blizzard dropped the ball with the Alliance and made the faction into memes and pop culture references (ref. Redridge Mountains). It's saddening to see that once great storytelling within the faction is being replaced with movie references and cheesy cliches. I am not saying that the Horde is written by Herman Melville and George Eliot; but comparing the quests from the two factions, Alliance has more 'humorous' quests than their Horde counterpart, and let's face it: Blizzard was never good at humour.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

No, that is not all he did, but i'm tired of repeating myself so that's that.
    I just rewatched the video, and that was in fact all it was. You're just looking for a reason to be angry.

When he suggested that maybe the Alliance was played by younger people, it was an aside from when he was looking at population numbers and the numbers suggested that there were indeed more younger people playing Alliance. And he only brought this up because he's repeatedly asserting that this is all just his opinion, and that there could be people who prefer the Alliance experience. They might be a different audience that he's not a part of.

That's what you're getting so angry about? Get over yourself and take off the faction blinders. It's idle speculation about population data he's not even sure about, and even states he's unsure about, not an insult to your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    People saying 'It's alpha!' are either ignorant or trolls. It's because 'it's alpha!' that these zones must go through an overhaul and nip these blandness in the bud as quickly as possible. This is done with DUN DUN DUNNNN player feedback! while it's early.

I have been quite vocal about this in the past and I'll reiterate this again: ever since Cataclysm Blizzard dropped the ball with the Alliance and made the faction into memes and pop culture references (ref. Redridge Mountains). It's saddening to see that once great storytelling within the faction is being replaced with movie references and cheesy cliches. I am not saying that the Horde is written by Herman Melville and George Eliot; but comparing the quests from the two factions, Alliance has more 'humorous' quests than their Horde counterpart, and let's face it: Blizzard was never good at humour.
    Truth to be told both sides were hit with bad writing but in different ways. However I agree that giving feedback now is best timing, as long as it's constructive and on point, just like in video linked in OP. I believe both sides deserves compelling story and a feeling that their efforts are going somewhere.
    There is nothing wrong in wanting to have it and experience it while you're going through it.

Ofc not everything will be equal, and sometimes one side will get slightly more shining stuff than the other, but both sides should still have engaging story.

I thought htat Kul'Tiras will have really intriguing story going for them similar how it was with Suramar, or mimicking to some extend game of thrones.

But as this particular user said if certain quests are outright copies and are still underwhelming as you can get then something really isn't ok.

I was expecting some dark stuff, and with King Drust I thought they'd do this eerie story that would resemble king Leoric from Diablo universe setting.

Who knows it might be that some stories deserves some tweaking there and there to make experience better. Details do matter.

But for Horde story side I also have some concerns I'm glad to see that Nazmir and Zuldazar has compelling story that leads somewhere and has a worthy climax, but part of me worries that Darkspears won't have big enough impact in it. It's as if Draenei were not having important role in Argus. And wondering their awful neglect thorough the years it will be either make it or break it for them.
    And I haven't noticed any sign of Thrall yet.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    But for Horde story side I also have some concerns I'm glad to see that Nazmir and Zuldazar has compelling story that leads somewhere and has a worthy climax, but part of me worries that Darkspears won't have big enough impact in it. It's as if Draenei were not having important role in Argus. And wondering their awful neglect thorough the years it will be either make it or break it for them.
    And I haven't noticed any sign of Thrall yet.
    Well, the intro quests for the Horde have Nathanos leaving all the actual diplomacy to Rokhan and the Darkspear since they actually know how Trolls work, and the Darkspear seem to be working quite closely with Talanji in Nazmir. So that's good if the pattern keeps up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we got the new Hearthstone expansion.

Anyone else get the feeling there was a brain drain from Kul'tiras to the Hearthstone team?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Anyone else get the feeling there was a brain drain from Kul'tiras to the Hearthstone team?
    It is possible...

Alternatively, some of the work the team was doing could've been held back to avoid tipping their hand on Hearthstone and either overshadowing or washing out the announcement.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It is possible...

Alternatively, some of the work the team was doing could've been held back to avoid tipping their hand on Hearthstone and either overshadowing or washing out the announcement.
    Could be. Optimistic view is to say that the Hearthstone team got the idea from the Kul'tiras concept art. Especially since IIRC this is Kosak's first expansion since he jumped from the WoW team to Hearthstone.

I just hope this means that silly meme of "oh we can't have a Hearthstone expansion about current WoW content" is dead. Otherwise, cynically, it explains why Kul'tiras feels like it had the meat stripped off the bone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Could be. Optimistic view is to say that the Hearthstone team got the idea from the Kul'tiras concept art. Especially since IIRC this is Kosak's first expansion since he jumped from the WoW team to Hearthstone.

I just hope this means that silly meme of "oh we can't have a Hearthstone expansion about current WoW content" is dead. Otherwise, cynically, it explains why Kul'tiras feels like it had the meat stripped off the bone.
    The Hearthstone Team -might- have an inside track on WoW's stories for this expansion and be doing stuff to riff off of it based on Kosak's knowledge of what was slated/planned/reviewed.

I remain optimistic!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Hearthstone Team -might- have an inside track on WoW's stories for this expansion and be doing stuff to riff off of it based on Kosak's knowledge of what was slated/planned/reviewed.

I remain optimistic!
    Would be neat. Especially since WoW stole Tortollans.

Also, dat new elf offshoot.

Nah. I was expecting there'd be things like this. Drustvar has cool and inspiring ideas to it, which is why I'm so disappointed with it. A lot of the ideas in Drustvar seemed to have originated in Gilneas concepts. But hey, if we're lucky we could get reverse brain drain if someone likes what they see.