15+ Year Old Account

Legion Alpha VS BfA Alpha Reactions

Hey guys. So lately I've been seeing an influx of people thinking that BFA is gonna suck, and an equal amount of people replying with "it's still in alpha, give it time"!

Now, I'm not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me, but there weren't many posts back in Legion's Alpha test, ESPECIALLY not that close to release, that suggested that "LEGION IS GONNA SUCK" and that it would be a "failure", so that really made me wonder whether or not BfA is gonna actually suck or not. I got on the Alpha the other day myself and even though there WERE a lot of things missing, the core features seemed a bit underwhelming. I'm a glass-half-empty type of person but I'm still super hopeful that BfA might deliver.

So my question is, do you think that the amount of posts about how BfA is gonna suck compared to the lack of posts during Legion is because of WoD being widely considered as a failed expansion? Is BfA just held to higher standards whereas the standards for Legion were pretty low or is it that BfA is simply worse than Legion?

Discuss!

I think BfA will deliver in terms of story and content, but will not be successful due to the horrendous class design.
    '' Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ''

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcieth View Post
    I think BfA will deliver in terms of story and content, but will not be successful due to the horrendous class design.
    That is exactly how I feel. When I watched the trailer in BlizzCon I thought the exact opposite, I thought we were finally getting somewhere with the void, old gods etc and BfA was a weird turn away from those things, but was hopeful cause I assumed that the lack of important lore would leave more time for them to put into class design. Then, everything changed when the Alpha attacked.

5+ Year Old Account
    B4A is looking like a discount MoP so far. At least MoP, filler xpac and all, it had an actually rich and nuanced story, as well as gorgeous class design. As for B4A... I'll be glad if it doesn't butcher the established lore worse than WoD/Legion. And class design honestly blows dinosaur balls. Yeah, yeah, it's alpha and what not, but it certainly doesn't look prett.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought that the thing Legion did worse than older Xpacks was class design, so suprised that it seems to get even worse instead of blizz improving it.