Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Man that would be awesome, it would give them alot of room to show off their creative skills and I think it makes sense they are working on something creative like that since there has been basically nothing datamined or revealed for the alliance yet.... unless it actually is kul'trias humans.
    Draknoids are actually very likely, but they aren't replacing the Kul Tirans. They would be the third race.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Because Humans are front and center for everything regarding the going ons for the Alliance. There is little/no influence from any of the other races at all.
    and?

that has nothing to do with whether or not something is different enough to be an allied race. if kul'tirans were called oogey boogey sea monster dudes instead of kul'tiran humans the people calling them fat humans would be calling them cool just how vrykul arent considered humans even though they actually look more like humans than kul'tirans do.

some people are just blinded by their own biases and the word human that even though something actually is different and unique they write it off automatically.

but god forbid you make the pointy eared humans blue then you get a million threads about how they dont like the colour and want some more regular colour pointy eared humans
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    This sounds less like complaining about Kul-Tirans being humans and moreso complaining about how the Alliance has worked in Warcraft for over twenty years.
    Maybe, but it also shouldn't come as a surprise that people might be apathetic about it since that's the case no?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    ...yay...more humans?

There are one and a half humans.

Meanwhile there are 4 god damn elves.
    Technicality 5 trolls and counting

Another reason why Kul Tirasian is bad choice - we getting Dark Iron at same time. I mean both are fat/bulky human like races. Two in row? Overdose.

Look at Horde - Tauren/Elf/Orc/Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Another reason why Kul Tirasian is bad choice - we getting Dark Iron at same time. I mean both are fat/bulky human like races. Two in row? Overdose.

I mean... most of the alliance are human-like races. This is not a reason - this is grasping at straws because all actual reasons have been discussed and beaten to death. Nothing to really do except wait now - or make up dumb reasons like this one.

Dark Irons are nothing like Kul Tirans.

Lol, seriously? I think this isn't about Kul Tirans anymore and more about Alliance vs Horde. If you don't like a humanoids then why the hell are you complaining about what Alliance gets when that is what it's ALWAYS been and ALWAYS will be?

Lol, seriously? I think this isn't about Kul Tirans anymore and more about Alliance vs Horde. If you don't like a humanoids then why the hell are you complaining about what Alliance gets when that is what it's ALWAYS been and ALWAYS will be?
    Not humanoids. Human like. Lets be honest - dwarves is midget humans with additional layer of fat. Getting two fat human like races in row is overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    I mean... most of the alliance are human-like races. This is not a reason - this is grasping at straws because all actual reasons have been discussed and beaten to death. Nothing to really do except wait now - or make up dumb reasons like this one.

Core Alliance members? Yes. Human/Dwarf/Gnome. Dranei/Night Elf/Worgen (minus human form) is not human like. With same result you can call orcs and trolls human like.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and?

that has nothing to do with whether or not something is different enough to be an allied race. if kul'tirans were called oogey boogey sea monster dudes instead of kul'tiran humans the people calling them fat humans would be calling them cool just how vrykul arent considered humans even though they actually look more like humans than kul'tirans do.

some people are just blinded by their own biases and the word human that even though something actually is different and unique they write it off automatically.

but god forbid you make the pointy eared humans blue then you get a million threads about how they dont like the colour and want some more regular colour pointy eared humans
    "Why dont people like this slightly different human?"

"They're apathetic because they're yet another human in a faction dominated to an extreme by humans"

"That's a non-answer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

???

Not humanoids. Human like. Lets be honest - dwarves is midget humans with additional layer of fat. Getting two fat human like races in row is overdose.
    Gnomes are tiny humans with a disproportionate head.

It really isn't when there were no allied races from Night Elf or Worgen. Yes Broken would've been more unique than LFD's for Draenei than Lightforged, but there has never been a distinctively female broken ever, so you can blame that one on TBC.

"
    "They're apathetic because they're yet another human in a faction dominated to an extreme by humans"
    So it's a vocal minority? The mass majority of Alliance players are humans and elfs. They don't care.

So it's a vocal minority? The mass majority of Alliance players are humans and elfs. They don't care.
    Thanks for backing up my point?

"Why dont people like this slightly different human?"

"That's a non-answer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

???

Gnomes are tiny humans with a disproportionate head.
    you used story reasons to try and argue something that has nothing to do with story and you think im the one screeching lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for backing up my point?
    hes talking about player population not story
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

It's Kul Tiras. The people who are 'disappointed' by them are the vocal minority who wanted to find reasons for them not to be the next race.

Kul Tirans are fine, I'll gladly play one. They are significantly different from humans; they are to Stormwind humans as Nightborne are to Night elves... as Zandalari are to Darkspear. They are a deeply interesting subrace and I'd love to play one.

If by some freak chance it's something else, I can live with that too, though.

PS: 'Fat' humans. lol. More like humans that look like they have real muscles and not steroids. They look pretty badass to me. If you want a pretty skinny race, I recommend blood or void elves.

you used story reasons to try and argue something that has nothing to do with story and you think im the one screeching lol
    Do you think that design aesthetic cannot influence peoples opinions and hype levels for a new race if they're deemed too similar to an existing one?

hes talking about player population not story
    I know he is. It's just funny to me that it comes back to my answer to you (apathy) but for a different reason entirely.

Do you think that design aesthetic cannot influence peoples opinions and hype levels for a new race if they're deemed too similar to an existing one? .
    except they arent.

how are orcs less human like than kul'tiran aside from tusks and skin color?

except they arent.

how are orcs less human like than kul'tiran aside from tusks and skin color?
    Subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Draenor Alliance races:

Saberon (Worgen model)
    Arakkoa (somewhat unique model - but would be on par with Zandalari)
    Alliance doesn't need a draenor race, and imo Saberon are fairly boring. Let alone the fact that their model is not very interesting to begin with, and that it does not include one for female characters. And why would they join the Alliance to begin with? I guess Blizzard could make up a reason, but why? Way too many obstacles for a fairly uninteresting race, imo.

Arakkoa on the other hand are very interesting, but it's not 'on par with Zandalari'. Arakkoa do not have gender specific models -- which they would certainly have before becoming a playable race -- and unlike Zandalari who use male night elf and troll animations mixed together, Arakkoa use unique animations. It would be an extremely sloppy job trying to make Arakkoa shoehorned into some other random races' animations.

I really would like to see Arakkoa as a playable race, but it's just not realistic. It's not even remotely 'on par' with Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It's going to be Kul'tirans and Sethrak. We haven't seen any "Alliance counterpart announcement" because Mag'har and Vulpera haven't been announced either, they are both still speculative, although highly likely to be true. The game is in ALPHA and Blizzard has no obligation to finish everything at the same time just to soothe Alliance players' insecurities about very early datamined information.

And although it's pretty much obvious Kul'tirans + Zandalari and Dark Irons + Mag'har will be in at launch or a couple months after (to prevent people from rushing to exalted), other Allied races may not be unlocked until later patches, which means Blizzard may take until 8.1 or 8.2 to fully develop the playable Sethrak models. Read the signs and use logic, people, don twist it to serve your wild fantasies.
    I have to disagree about Sethrak.

I know the symmetry seems obvious between them and the Vulpera, but I simply can't see Blizzard justifying the effort it would take to go through every single helm in the game and adjusting them so they worked perfectly with the Sethrak head. The Sethrak head is shaped more oddly than any other race in the game. I question whether the vast majority of helms in the game could even be made to look good on a Sethrak which would render the effort redundant anyway.

Here's the thing, if Sethrak were going to be an allied race, why not design them with a head that matches an existing model so that they could eliminate the need to do such a time intensive adjustment? A snake race with a normal proportioned head would not be beyond them.

I think the Sethrak are like Naga or Centaur. Races that are never intended to be playable that Blizzard has gone to town on. Sethrak right now look much cooler than they otherwise would have.

Now IF Blizzard is going to use a race native to this expansion as the basis for a new allied race to match the Vulpera (even assuming the Vulpera are going to be a thing), I would guess Tortollan. They use a reasonably proportioned model, they have a fanbase (albeit not as big as Vulpera) and, once their model is upgraded, they could lay the groundwork for a future Tuskarr allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Big pictures sorry:

All difference I see is height and skin colour.

Giving Dark Iron and Kul Tirasian in row is overdose.

Subjective.
    no, this is not subjective. their model and a large bulk of their animations are unique, more so than every other allied race.

the closest one are zandalari since their model is unique but almost all of their animations come from night elves
    vulpera as well since their only unique animation is their sleeping pose

kul'tiran however are not only a completely new model but have more unique animations than every other allied race.